Marantz AV8805 15.2 XLR Pre/Pro Official Thread - Page 117 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1974Likes

post #3481 of 4266 Old 03-26-2019, 11:42 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6676 Post(s)
Liked: 6672
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomanz View Post
Hi all,

I'm seriously considering upgrading to the AV8805 from the AV7705. What do you like about your AV8805? i personally like the fact it is upgradeable to HDMI 2.1, and I've read that 2 channel sounds really good and although my AV7705 doesnt sound bad I like the XLR inputs on the AV8805. What are your impressions on the sound of this unit compared to the AV7705? Any experiences you can share about what you love about your AV8805 and don't love about it and why would help a lot.

Thanks all. Look forward to reading your experiences.

audiomanz
You returning the 7705 or dumping it after you get the 8805?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3482 of 4266 Old 03-27-2019, 03:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
You returning the 7705 or dumping it after you get the 8805?
Most likely will have to sell after getting the 8805.
post #3483 of 4266 Old 03-28-2019, 09:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1121 Post(s)
Liked: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
I have the New/Latest Dish DVR and the AV8805 Marantz.
I also have the Panasonic UB820.
And the ROKU Ultra.
Zero issues with any of the units.
Everything works exactly as they should ...........

I Do-Not hook-up anything in the H/T it's all done by A/V Techs ...........

Way-way over my head now to even attempt to hook things up.

Terry
Are you using HDMI-CEC control? Something going on as the Dish Hopper 3 must be sending something to switch my 8805 to its input. I have a universal remote, but find using the hopper remote is handy. I turned off HDMI control which seems to have stopped the 8805 from switching, but really would like it to work. 8801 never seemed to do this. Not sure why the Dish is sending something when the unit is in standby. Understand it is not really off, but why send a HDMI-CEC control to switch. Called Dish and they were clueless. The Dish does send a HDMI video signal when off, but that shouldn’t make the 8805 switch. Wish their was a serial command I could send to the 8805 to turn off HDMI control when using a different input and then turn back on when powering down, but they don’t have that command. You can only change via the GUI or web app. Guess I could write a macro to step through the GUI and do this, but that would get mixed up...SJ

Also, when I turn off HDMI control all is well. As soon as I turn it back on, the 8805 switches immediately to the Dish input even though the Dish is in standby, but as stated it is still sending a video signal....

Last edited by SJHT; 03-28-2019 at 09:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3484 of 4266 Old 03-29-2019, 05:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Quoted: 3436 Post(s)
Liked: 4124
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1 View Post
And um welcome back to the lounge
It's official, I am back in the secret decoder ring club. I will be eating a lot of crow for throwing Audyssey under the bus for the last two years. After being with boutique brands Anthem and NAD, one begins to miss the polish and bug free reliability of the Denon/Marantz, Yamaha, Sony, etc of the world. I am still not a fan of what Audyssey vs Dirac Live, but I am a big fan Denon/Marantz having been an owner of their products over the last ten plus years. The Audyssey app has made it possible to come back. I am looking forward to adding wides. Hopefully, MiniDSP will come out with a new 2x4 HD product with the new Dirac Live bass management software that was recently announced. That would be a serious win/win.
audiofan1 and drh3b like this.
post #3485 of 4266 Old 03-29-2019, 07:43 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 628
Quote:
I have the New/Latest Dish DVR and the AV8805 Marantz.
I also have the Panasonic UB820.
And the ROKU Ultra.
Zero issues with any of the units.
Everything works exactly as they should ...........

I Do-Not hook-up anything in the H/T it's all done by A/V Techs ...........

Way-way over my head now to even attempt to hook things up.

Terry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHT View Post
Are you using HDMI-CEC control? Something going on as the Dish Hopper 3 must be sending something to switch my 8805 to its input. I have a universal remote, but find using the hopper remote is handy. I turned off HDMI control which seems to have stopped the 8805 from switching, but really would like it to work. 8801 never seemed to do this. Not sure why the Dish is sending something when the unit is in standby. Understand it is not really off, but why send a HDMI-CEC control to switch. Called Dish and they were clueless. The Dish does send a HDMI video signal when off, but that shouldn’t make the 8805 switch. Wish their was a serial command I could send to the 8805 to turn off HDMI control when using a different input and then turn back on when powering down, but they don’t have that command. You can only change via the GUI or web app. Guess I could write a macro to step through the GUI and do this, but that would get mixed up...SJ

Also, when I turn off HDMI control all is well. As soon as I turn it back on, the 8805 switches immediately to the Dish input even though the Dish is in standby, but as stated it is still sending a video signal....
Well buddy I would luv to help but it's way-way over my head.
I know I made the decision to NOT go to any (Single-Controller) as I didn't wish to take any chance on having issues.
I make it a point to keep things as simple and straight forward as possible.
That's why I have a single remote for each component and it all works, PERFECT every-time.

Oh, if your wondering ???
Yes my A/V dealer and techs wanted me to go with one of the Single Controllers.
I DECLINED and glad I did !!!

See pictures below.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 03-29-2019 at 07:48 AM.
post #3486 of 4266 Old 03-29-2019, 08:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Marantz AV8805 15.2 XLR Pre/Pro Official Thread

I turn off HDMI control in all of my systems because I have found it only causes problems. I have an 8805 in my theater and use URC Total Control all around the house for control all of my AV systems, lighting, Music , etc... and don’t have any issues. A control system is only as good as the person that programs it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gsr and madhuski like this.
post #3487 of 4266 Old 03-29-2019, 11:46 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1936 Post(s)
Liked: 2322
Quote:
Originally Posted by george1906 View Post
A control system is only as good as the person that programs it.
Exactly. Some components are easier to program than others, but a good programmer should be able to make most systems work flawlessly with a single controller.
boe and madhuski like this.
post #3488 of 4266 Old 03-29-2019, 08:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Well, I’m the programmer lol and all works great without HDMI control, but still would like it to work as intended. I had zero issues with my 8801 with the same setup. Well, I did add a new 4K TV. But the TV can be off and still have this issue. The 8801 also had HDMI-CEC control. Again, no similar issue as I’m having with the 8805. SJ
post #3489 of 4266 Old 03-29-2019, 08:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioVideoManiac View Post
HDMI CONNECTION

Every so often I go to watch a movie on UB820 and and I find I have to unplug the Monoprice HDMI cable from the 8805 and re insert it. Is this a common occurrence or is there a permanent solution? Tia.

I have never had this issue. My 50 ft fiber optic hdmi is rock solid from Marantz to projector and the 30ft fiber hdmi from the 820 to the Marantz works perfectly as well with no glitches or drop outs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7.4.6 system: Processors:Marantz 8805 || Xilica XP4080 Amps: Parasound A31 and ATI AT528NC & AT526NC n-core ||Speakers: Procella P8 LCR, Procella P5/P5 in-wall
Subs: JTR Captivator subs: One S2, Two RS2, One S1
Screen: 2.40:1 Seymour XD Acoustically Transparent, 128" diagonal / 118" wide || Projector: JVC X570/RS420
post #3490 of 4266 Old 03-29-2019, 08:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
[/quote]
I have never had this issue. My 50 ft fiber optic hdmi is rock solid from Marantz to projector and the 30ft fiber hdmi from the 820 to the Marantz works perfectly as well with no glitches or drop outs.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. Thank you. I find that when I turn the system on the same way each time it seems to have solved the problem for now. I'm gonna have to keep an eye on it though. 😉
post #3491 of 4266 Old 03-30-2019, 07:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I know I made the decision to NOT go to any (Single-Controller) as I didn't wish to take any chance on having issues.
That's why I have a single remote for each component and it all works, PERFECT every-time.

Terry
So, to turn up the volume, you only use the Marantz controller? If you were using HDMI-CEC control for your TV/Marantz/Dish , your Dish remote would also control the volume of the Marantz. Also, when you use HDMI-CEC, when you hit the power button on the Dish Hopper remote, it would turn on the TV/Dish/Marantz and switch the Marantz to the correct input. Same when you hit the power again to turn off, it would turn off everything. Sounds like you are not using HDMI-CEC control which is where I’m having an issue with the Dish system. Other HDMI-CEC source components don’t have the same issue, eg Apple TV... SJ
post #3492 of 4266 Old 03-30-2019, 08:58 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:

Terry
Quote:
So, to turn up the volume, you only use the Marantz controller? If you were using HDMI-CEC control for your TV/Marantz/Dish , your Dish remote would also control the volume of the Marantz. Also, when you use HDMI-CEC, when you hit the power button on the Dish Hopper remote, it would turn on the TV/Dish/Marantz and switch the Marantz to the correct input. Same when you hit the power again to turn off, it would turn off everything. Sounds like you are not using HDMI-CEC control which is where I’m having an issue with the Dish system. Other HDMI-CEC source components don’t have the same issue, eg Apple TV... SJ
SJHT,

I use each individual remote for each devise.

Examples,
Dish Network ....... it's remote for all it's functions (No-Streaming)
Marantz AV8805 ... same only it's functions
UB820 Panasonic .. same thing only for playing the different disc (No-Streaming)
ROKU ULTRA ........ all streaming

JVC RS4500 ......... of course only it's functions

Let me say the following and maybe this will make sense to you why I have stayed doing things the way I do.
As I read on AVS daily on the different Threads and the way members, some-members, are occasionally/constantly posting they have issues.
And all of those are using the components for multiple purposes.
And some have obviously gone to one of the (Single-Controllers).

I don't (Ever) have (Any) issue with using the single remote for that devise and it's (Primary-Function) even though it can do other things.

I hope maybe what I just said maybe helps you some.
Nothing I said above is to come across at all to you in a Negative Manner as to how you or others choose to do things.
I have just tried to explain why I do things the way I do as I HATE issues/problems ..............

Terry
audiofan1 likes this.

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 03-30-2019 at 09:02 AM.
post #3493 of 4266 Old 03-30-2019, 09:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1339 Post(s)
Liked: 866
^^^^

To each his own, but I will say a properly set up universal remote with RF control and bulletproof macros is a joy to use.
gsr likes this.
post #3494 of 4266 Old 03-30-2019, 09:20 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhuski View Post
^^^^

To each his own, but I will say a properly set up universal remote with RF control and bulletproof macros is a joy to use.
It would be a really-really BORING/SAD world if all of us did the exact same thing and all of us owned the same exact things.

Terry
audiofan1 likes this.
post #3495 of 4266 Old 03-30-2019, 10:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1339 Post(s)
Liked: 866
Quote:

what does the hopper remote do your universal can’t?

CEC has always mucked things up for me
post #3496 of 4266 Old 03-30-2019, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Since the TV was also new to my setup, I’m now focusing on it as the potential source of this issue. I turned the TV on full power save which is likely stopping it from communicating to other HDMI devices when off. So far, this seems to have fixed it for now. The TV must be sensing the Dish device and instructing the 8805 to switch to that input. Strange for sure, but thanks for the comments. HDMI-CEC is a strange beast.... SJ
post #3497 of 4266 Old 03-30-2019, 10:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2343 Post(s)
Liked: 2917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon_Labe View Post
It's official, I am back in the secret decoder ring club. I will be eating a lot of crow for throwing Audyssey under the bus for the last two years. After being with boutique brands Anthem and NAD, one begins to miss the polish and bug free reliability of the Denon/Marantz, Yamaha, Sony, etc of the world. I am still not a fan of what Audyssey vs Dirac Live, but I am a big fan Denon/Marantz having been an owner of their products over the last ten plus years. The Audyssey app has made it possible to come back. I am looking forward to adding wides. Hopefully, MiniDSP will come out with a new 2x4 HD product with the new Dirac Live bass management software that was recently announced. That would be a serious win/win.
Sweet! do listen for the uptick in transparency from the 8805 as with any DRC its a nice sounding piece on its own, get it dialed in with DRC and sit back and enjoy

Looking forward to your impressions and welcome back
post #3498 of 4266 Old 03-30-2019, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 7110 Post(s)
Liked: 16046
Quote:

Oh, if your wondering ???
Yes my A/V dealer and techs wanted me to go with one of the Single Controllers.
I DECLINED and glad I did !!!

See pictures below.

Spoiler!

Terry
Lol. I thought I was the only one using individual remotes for each component. Good to see there's another. #VivaLaRemotes

tigerhonaker and audiofan1 like this.

post #3499 of 4266 Old 03-31-2019, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Hi all,

I'm seriously considering upgrading to the AV8805 from the AV7705. What do you like about your AV8805? i personally like the fact it is upgradeable to HDMI 2.1, and I've read that 2 channel sounds really good and although my AV7705 doesnt sound bad I like the XLR inputs on the AV8805. What are your impressions on the sound of this unit compared to the AV7705? Any experiences you can share about what you love about your AV8805 and don't love about it and why would help a lot.

Thanks all. Look forward to reading your experiences.

audiomanz
Hi all,

Are there any takers on here that can share their experiences using this prepro. Did anyone upgrade from an AV7705 prepro to the AV 8805 prepro? If so, what made you decided to move up and what is your experience now in the SQ area? Is it better, is it the same? How is 2 channel compared to the AV7705? What is the 15.2 configuration if it only runs 13.2 at a time? Any information is helpful. Although an earlier post noted I would most likely sell my 7705, I would like to hear first from AV8805 forum members to get an idea of what other users are experiencing(good and bad) before making up my decision as to whether or not it is worth the upgrade. Thanks again.

audioamanz
post #3500 of 4266 Old 03-31-2019, 08:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2343 Post(s)
Liked: 2917
Quote:
SJHT,

I use each individual remote for each devise.

Examples,
Dish Network ....... it's remote for all it's functions (No-Streaming)
Marantz AV8805 ... same only it's functions
UB820 Panasonic .. same thing only for playing the different disc (No-Streaming)
ROKU ULTRA ........ all streaming

JVC RS4500 ......... of course only it's functions

Let me say the following and maybe this will make sense to you why I have stayed doing things the way I do.
As I read on AVS daily on the different Threads and the way members, some-members, are occasionally/constantly posting they have issues.
And all of those are using the components for multiple purposes.
And some have obviously gone to one of the (Single-Controllers).

I don't (Ever) have (Any) issue with using the single remote for that devise and it's (Primary-Function) even though it can do other things.

I hope maybe what I just said maybe helps you some.
Nothing I said above is to come across at all to you in a Negative Manner as to how you or others choose to do things.
I have just tried to explain why I do things the way I do as I HATE issues/problems ..............

Terry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Lol. I thought I was the only one using individual remotes for each component. Good to see there's another. #VivaLaRemotes

Same camp here, never met a universal remote I liked! Strength in numbers
tigerhonaker and Sal1950 like this.
post #3501 of 4266 Old 03-31-2019, 09:35 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
We are without any doubt on the same Line-of-Thinking on the individual remotes.

As I said more than a few times I like to keep things simple so having the (Exact) remote for each component keeps it that way.
Oh, and the Bonus is I don't have any issues and that to me is what's actually important.
I simply turn-on, POWER-UP the H/T System and enjoy each and every-time !!!

Terry
audiofan1 likes this.
post #3502 of 4266 Old 03-31-2019, 01:58 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1936 Post(s)
Liked: 2322
^ Our definitions of simple are apparently a bit different. I like being able to press a “watch TV” button and have all the right stuff turn on, have the correct inputs selected, and so forth. When programmed correctly, a universal remote is a real joy to use.

Last edited by gsr; 03-31-2019 at 02:20 PM.
post #3503 of 4266 Old 03-31-2019, 02:16 PM

Mentioned: 740 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22594 Post(s)
Liked: 12294
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
^ Our definitions of simple are apparently a bit different. I like being able to watch a “watch TV” button and have all the right stuff turn on, have the correct inputs selected, and so forth. When programmed correctly, a universal remote is a real joy to use.
I've always wondered why the "flagship" Denon AVR remotes feature 4 Macro buttons and the "flagship" Marantz AVP remotes do not.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	338
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	2547064  
post #3504 of 4266 Old 03-31-2019, 05:42 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 524 Post(s)
Liked: 622
Quote:
Me too. LOL
No matter what, it always seems the function I want to execute won't be on the uni without first pushing another button or two to get it in the right configuration.
My Marantz 7703's remote does most of what I need at any particular time, if not I just grab the dedicated remote for instant access to the function.
audiofan1 likes this.

Sony XBR75-X940D, Sony UBP-X800M2 UHD-BD, Xfinity X1 Voice DVR, Marantz AV-7703 Pre/Pro w/Auro, (3) Adcom GFA-545II amps, (2) Adcom GFA-535II amps for ATMOS speakers.
HSU Research 5.2 speaker system (4) HB-1 MK2, (1) HC-1 MK2, (2) STF-2,
Klipsch HT500 satellites (4) for ceiling mounted ATMOS playback
DIY Linux desktop w/Strawberry bit perfect media center. Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC
post #3505 of 4266 Old 03-31-2019, 06:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked: 965
Marantz AV8805 15.2 XLR Pre/Pro Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
^ Our definitions of simple are apparently a bit different. I like being able to press a “watch TV” button and have all the right stuff turn on, have the correct inputs selected, and so forth. When programmed correctly, a universal remote is a real joy to use.

I am with you! My Control4 remote allows me to control my theater lights (on, off, dim) ceiling fan, AC, projector aspect ratio and all of my sources including Apple TV, Nvidia shield, Panasonic 820 blu-ray Player, Tivo, PS4, Xbox, Zidoo (some issues with this no name player), Dune...

But there are limitations of course. If I want to dive into detailed settings of my Marantz processor I use the Marantz remote. Same for the projector but this only happens once a month or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7.4.6 system: Processors:Marantz 8805 || Xilica XP4080 Amps: Parasound A31 and ATI AT528NC & AT526NC n-core ||Speakers: Procella P8 LCR, Procella P5/P5 in-wall
Subs: JTR Captivator subs: One S2, Two RS2, One S1
Screen: 2.40:1 Seymour XD Acoustically Transparent, 128" diagonal / 118" wide || Projector: JVC X570/RS420
post #3506 of 4266 Old 04-01-2019, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Hi all,

Are there any takers on here that can share their experiences using this prepro. Did anyone upgrade from an AV7705 prepro to the AV 8805 prepro? If so, what made you decided to move up and what is your experience now in the SQ area? Is it better, is it the same? How is 2 channel compared to the AV7705? What is the 15.2 configuration if it only runs 13.2 at a time? Any information is helpful. Although an earlier post noted I would most likely sell my 7705, I would like to hear first from AV8805 forum members to get an idea of what other users are experiencing(good and bad) before making up my decision as to whether or not it is worth the upgrade. Thanks again.

audioamanz
I can't speak to the AV7705 because I've never owned one. But I moved from an 8802A to the 8805, just a one-generation jump. It was a bit of a stretch financially, but definitely worth it in my opinion. The SQ improvement is immediately obvious, and if you buy the Audyssey app ($20) some further tweaking to your liking is possible. About six months before I got the 8805, I bought an Oppo UDP-205 for its upgraded audio section for two-channel playback, thinking the 8802A was about as good as things could get for what I could afford. Then I read the Sound&Vision review (I suggest you do too; it's available online) and I couldn't resist the move to the 8805. Had it appeared before I bought the 205 I could have kept my Oppo 203 and had an equally capable system. I'm vague about the 15.2 vs 13.2 configurations, but I think it has to do with alternate speaker assignments. A search in this forum should provide details. But I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. I run 7.1.4 and it sounds great. Regardless, if you're thinking about installing a 13.2 system, it seems to me buying an 8805 would not be the most expensive part of that project, depending on how many speakers you already have.
Dave Vaughn and audiofan1 like this.
post #3507 of 4266 Old 04-01-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkster27 View Post
I can't speak to the AV7705 because I've never owned one. But I moved from an 8802A to the 8805, just a one-generation jump. It was a bit of a stretch financially, but definitely worth it in my opinion. The SQ improvement is immediately obvious, and if you buy the Audyssey app ($20) some further tweaking to your liking is possible. About six months before I got the 8805, I bought an Oppo UDP-205 for its upgraded audio section for two-channel playback, thinking the 8802A was about as good as things could get for what I could afford. Then I read the Sound&Vision review (I suggest you do too; it's available online) and I couldn't resist the move to the 8805. Had it appeared before I bought the 205 I could have kept my Oppo 203 and had an equally capable system. I'm vague about the 15.2 vs 13.2 configurations, but I think it has to do with alternate speaker assignments. A search in this forum should provide details. But I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. I run 7.1.4 and it sounds great. Regardless, if you're thinking about installing a 13.2 system, it seems to me buying an 8805 would not be the most expensive part of that project, depending on how many speakers you already have.
Thanks hawkster27 for your comments. I should've also added in if anybody moved from an 8802A as well. I read the review by Sound and Vision and it was a big hit with the reviewer. They mentioned that 2 channel sounds really solid and thats really good news to hear. I like my 2 channel listening as well and the better DACS in it make it worth the price alone and better build construction as well. Not sure what benefits a copper chassis would have over a standard metal one but I'm sure there's a reason for it. My AV7705 is my first Marantz and this one ain't no slouch either but again as it does sound pretty good in its own right for sure. But the AV8805 may be the cherry on top I'm looking for though. :-)

I still would love to hear from those who have upgraded to the AV8805 as well. Keep the comments coming and share whatever you would like to share. Please and thanks.

audiomanz
post #3508 of 4266 Old 04-01-2019, 04:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1466 Post(s)
Liked: 2288
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkster27 View Post
Quote:
Thanks hawkster27 for your comments. I should've also added in if anybody moved from an 8802A as well. I read the review by Sound and Vision and it was a big hit with the reviewer. They mentioned that 2 channel sounds really solid and thats really good news to hear. I like my 2 channel listening as well and the better DACS in it make it worth the price alone and better build construction as well. Not sure what benefits a copper chassis would have over a standard metal one but I'm sure there's a reason for it. My AV7705 is my first Marantz and this one ain't no slouch either but again as it does sound pretty good in its own right for sure. But the AV8805 may be the cherry on top I'm looking for though. :-)

I still would love to hear from those who have upgraded to the AV8805 as well. Keep the comments coming and share whatever you would like to share. Please and thanks.

audiomanz

Thanks for the kind words!

David Vaughn Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer Sound & Vision Magazine (Print & Online)
post #3509 of 4266 Old 04-01-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Vaughn View Post
Thanks for the kind words!
No problem Mr Vaughn. Maybe you can shed some light on why Marantz uses a copper chassis on their flagship model? Thanks in advance. Much appreciated.

audiomanz

Last edited by audiomanz; 04-01-2019 at 05:23 PM.
post #3510 of 4266 Old 04-02-2019, 02:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:

audiomanz

I may have written about this earlier in the thread but i upgraded to the 8805 from a 7005, so a model some years older then the 7705. Everything was improved so a pretty big upgrade. Some of the improvments like dolby surround instead of pro logic II isnt applicable from the 7705 since its so new. Well worth it for me even though i do prefer to use my PS audio GCD as a dac/pre for 2 channel music instead of the 8805.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page