Receiver recommendation and advice - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-02-2017, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Receiver recommendation and advice

Good morning everyone,

I am in the market for a replacement to my Pioneer VSX31 receiver that I am currently using. I just picked up a Sony XBR-X900E series 4K television and it just dawned on me that my current receiver is not HDCP 2.2 or 4K "compatible". Darn black friday deals suckered me in an I didn't think about the receiver. With that said, I do have a 4K blu-ray player, so it would be nice to be able to utilize that and my 4K content that I have accrued during black Friday. So to the dilemma, currently my tv is wall mounted on the opposite side of the room from the the audio rack and the HDMI/optical audio cable is run through the ceiling over to the tv. With that said, connecting the player directly to the tv and back feeding with optical won't work in my situation. I am more or less relegated to replacing my current unit which I have had for I would say now 6 or 7 years. Currently I am powering a set of Polk TS250 speakers and a Pinnacle PS Sub 225 (10" - 225 watt). Ideally, I would like to keep my budget around $350-$450 (max) as this system is in my bedroom (talking no more than 12x12). I would however like to keep the power the unit can output around the same. I would say the bare minimum for HDMI ports would need to be four (4). I have connected to the unit an Xbox One, PS4, Cable Box, Blu-ray player. I also normally run regular tv on a speaker fill and movies and games in surround. Not sure if that info would be needed.

I have been looking at a few different models and to be honest, I am not really sure what I should be looking for these days. In other words, which Dolby features are dominate right now and are being used, etc.

I have been looking at the following units:
-Pioneer VSX-LX102
-Sony STR-DN1080
-Yamaha V683 (Refurb from Accessories for Less)

Thank You for any help. If you have other questions, please let me know, I can answer to the best of my ability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page