Seeking advice on AVR decision - Denon/Integra/other? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-08-2017, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Seeking advice on AVR decision - Denon/Integra/other?

Working on piecing together my first home audio setup and am trying to pick an AVR that will allow me to grow the system over time. Main focus is on audio quality and for now I will be starting with a 2.0 (Kef Q100s), with a sub coming as soon as I have the budget. TV and media will be routed through as well thus the desire for AVR rather than stereo, and future plans may include surround, but not likely more than 5.1 or 5.2.

With that in mind, I'm looking for decent overall quality and flexibility of inputs in the $200-$400 range, and based on research thus far have narrowed the choice down to a quartet of refurb units - Denon S920 and X2300W, and Integra DRX-2 and DRX-2.1. The Integras are very similar other than very minor updates to the 2.1, and I'm not sure it's worth an extra $100 for that. I've heard mostly good things about the Denon X series but am not sure if it's necessary to step up from the S920. The main direct comparison between the two brands I've read is that the Integra AccuEQ room balancing software is inferior to Denon's Audyssey software. Since surround is not a priority, and even when that time comes I'm not averse to tweaking things manually, does Integra have enough other things going for it to give it an edge in terms of system performance, A/V quality, etc.? I've read numerous good comments about Denon peformance, but when I checked out a local high-end dealer they talked up Integra a lot and don't carry Denon or Marantz in store at all. And I don't see nearly as much online about Integra performance other than the AccuEQ stuff.

Thanks in advance for any advice. Pretty sure I'm splitting hairs at this point but figured I'd make one more attempt to gain clarity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
accueq , auddysey , avr , Denon , Integra

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page