AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1988 Post(s)
Liked: 2691
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
[Cue the violins]
You think you have it bad, I was sweating in Florida sun yesterday as I cleaned the Pool. 🙂

-T
Poor baby!!! LOL!!! I do appreciate the violins though!

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 581 Old 02-18-2019, 05:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post

Your plasma was king for a long time and can't blame you for keeping it. My neighbor just recently replaced his plasma with an LG 65C8 OLED...unquestionably very nice...and very expensive! For movies and a true cinematic experience unmatched by flat panels, I've grown to appreciate and prefer the larger images of front projection. For general viewing, I still have a 50" rear projection Samsung. When it bites the dust, I'll likely replace it with a 65" or 75" Sony XBR 900
Holding off with the Plasma as long as possible. I was looking at an LG OLED at Paulson's Audio & Video and while 4 K looked amazing, 1080p looked no better or maybe worse than my plazma. So ideally if I can wait a few more years for more content and and more mature OLED technology I'll be better off.. For now, I am just trying to optimize what I have now, starting with figuring how to get the most out of this reciever.

I feel infinite
post #483 of 581 Old 02-18-2019, 07:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasboy View Post
Holding off with the Plasma as long as possible. I was looking at an LG OLED at Paulson's Audio & Video and while 4 K looked amazing, 1080p looked no better or maybe worse than my plazma. So ideally if I can wait a few more years for more content and and more mature OLED technology I'll be better off.. For now, I am just trying to optimize what I have now, starting with figuring how to get the most out of this reciever.
If your Plasma is on par PQ wise with 1080...why not wait. I used to be a "bleeding edge" person and jumped in with both feet (and wallet) on new technology. However, I now have the patience to wait for technology to first mature and then for pricing to seek a reasonable level. On the other hand, my neighbor is the "old me" and didn't hesitate to use his charge card at Costco. Everyone had different priorities, wants, and needs. Nothing wrong with the direction you're going in.
Mamasboy likes this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #484 of 581 Old 02-20-2019, 11:34 AM
Advanced Member

For those that listen to stereo music (phono, music file, or CD) with this AVR, what do you like better - pure stereo or upconverted to 3d sound ? If upconverted, what upcovert mode do you like best?

I have been trying to figure out what sounds better, Stereo with my L, R + Sub speakers or upconverting to 5.1.4. - AFAIK this reciever does not offer a super quick way to switch back and forth between settings - I need to scroll through the different sound settings. Then volume levels change at both settings so by the time I do a test switch and change the volume I am not sure what is best. Sometimes I think pure stereo, other times I think upconverted 3 D.

I have 'A' quality front R, L, C speakers.

Sub, surround and ATMOS are 'B' quality speakers.

I feel infinite
post #485 of 581 Old 02-20-2019, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:
For those that listen to stereo music (phono, music file, or CD) with this AVR, what do you like better - pure stereo or upconverted to 3d sound ? If upconverted, what upcovert mode do you like best?

I have been trying to figure out what sounds better, Stereo with my L, R + Sub speakers or upconverting to 5.1.4. - AFAIK this reciever does not offer a super quick way to switch back and forth between settings - I need to scroll through the different sound settings. Then volume levels change at both settings so by the time I do a test switch and change the volume I am not sure what is best. Sometimes I think pure stereo, other times I think upconverted 3 D.

I have 'A' quality front R, L, C speakers.

Sub, surround and ATMOS are 'B' quality speakers.
I know for me, I prefer my stereo sound to come out in 2 speakers plus sup. I've tried Dolby surround upmixing. And I've tried neural X upmixing.

I just think to 2 speakers sound better with 2-channel source.

-T
post #486 of 581 Old 02-21-2019, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Curious to know if anyone used AccuEQ, and then left the crossovers at the values set by AccuEQ?

Asking since I reran AccuEQ last weekend. It set my XO to 40 hz for LCR, 50 hz rears, 100 hz sides, and 80 hz for ceiling. Sub XO was set to 120.

It also enabled Loudness Plus under the THX menu item.

It sounded full. And plenty of bass in my go to bass scene (Finding Nemo, Darla taps fishtank).

I eventually did what I always do:. Leave sides at 100 hz, and everything else (sub too) at 80 hz.

Just wondering.

-T
post #487 of 581 Old 02-21-2019, 01:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 2743 Post(s)
Liked: 2570
Quote:
Curious to know if anyone used AccuEQ, and then left the crossovers at the values set by AccuEQ?

Asking since I reran AccuEQ last weekend. It set my XO to 40 hz for LCR, 50 hz rears, 100 hz sides, and 80 hz for ceiling. Sub XO was set to 120.

It sounded full. And plenty of bass in my go to bass scene (Finding Nemo, Darla taps fishtank).

I eventually did what I always do:. Leave sides at 100 hz, and everything else (sub too) at 80 hz.

Just wondering.

-T
My crossovers were set similarly. I changed them to what I prefer, 100 for the L/R, 120 for the center and surrounds and 150 for my up firing "atmos" speakers. I left the sub at 120 since the LFE track goes to 120.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
Roku Ultra, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Quattron
post #488 of 581 Old 02-21-2019, 03:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Just wondering.

-T
I just re-ran AccuEQ last night because I messed around with all my crossovers HZs and I was thinking things were not sounding quite right.

Funny, after I re-ran last night many of my crossover settings were set very similar to yours. I do not really understand what the crossover numbers do or mean so did not change much but I did set my L / R towers to 80 hz from 40 hz. I did not mess with the rest because I have no idea what I am doing. I set towers to 80 hz because I have read a few comments that that is generally a good setting for towers that are used with a sub.

One thing that I thought AccuEQ might do is tweak the AVRs equalizer a tiny bit to match the room better, however, on checking the AVR equalizer is still set at the default flat setting.

I found this with a google search -

- The most common crossover frequency recommended (and the THX standard) is 80 Hz.

- The numbers below highlight general guidelines for speaker/subwoofer crossover frequencies

On-wall or Tiny 'satellite' speakers: 150-200 Hz.
Small center, surround, bookshelf: 100-120 Hz.
Mid-size center, surround, bookshelf: 80-100 Hz.
Large center, surround and bookshelf: 60-80 Hz.
Very large center, surround, bookshelf: 40-60 Hz.
Tower speakers with 4”-6” woofers: 60 Hz.
Tower speakers with 8”-10” woofers: 40 Hz or Large/Full-Band (i.e., full-range).

URL https://www.svsound.com/blogs/svs/ti...or-a-subwoofer

I feel infinite

Last edited by Mamasboy; 02-21-2019 at 03:18 PM.
post #489 of 581 Old 02-21-2019, 05:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Just wondering.

-T
Quote:
I just re-ran AccuEQ last night because I messed around with all my crossovers HZs and I was thinking things were not sounding quite right.

Funny, after I re-ran last night many of my crossover settings were set very similar to yours. I do not really understand what the crossover numbers do or mean so did not change much but I did set my L / R towers to 80 hz from 40 hz. I did not mess with the rest because I have no idea what I am doing. I set towers to 80 hz because I have read a few comments that that is generally a good setting for towers that are used with a sub.

One thing that I thought AccuEQ might do is tweak the AVRs equalizer a tiny bit to match the room better, however, on checking the AVR equalizer is still set at the default flat setting.

I found this with a google search -

- The most common crossover frequency recommended (and the THX standard) is 80 Hz.

- The numbers below highlight general guidelines for speaker/subwoofer crossover frequencies

On-wall or Tiny 'satellite' speakers: 150-200 Hz.
Small center, surround, bookshelf: 100-120 Hz.
Mid-size center, surround, bookshelf: 80-100 Hz.
Large center, surround and bookshelf: 60-80 Hz.
Very large center, surround, bookshelf: 40-60 Hz.
Tower speakers with 4”-6” woofers: 60 Hz.
Tower speakers with 8”-10” woofers: 40 Hz or Large/Full-Band (i.e., full-range).

URL https://www.svsound.com/blogs/svs/ti...or-a-subwoofer
For an excellent guide in setting up and understanding subwoofers, AVS member @mthomas47 has a sticky thread dedicated to this topic. Moreover, within this well written and comprehensive guide is a section addressing speaker and subwoofer crossovers...far better than I could respond here. It provides the information and detail around crossovers in an easy to understand fashion. It’s a valuable read and well worth your time.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...ences.html#III

Last edited by gene4ht; 02-21-2019 at 05:08 PM.
post #490 of 581 Old 02-22-2019, 07:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
For an excellent guide in setting up and understanding subwoofers, AVS member @mthomas47 has a sticky thread dedicated to this topic. Moreover, within this well written and comprehensive guide is a section addressing speaker and subwoofer crossovers...far better than I could respond here. It provides the information and detail around crossovers in an easy to understand fashion. It’s a valuable read and well worth your time.

This is excellent, now I understand very well. Basically crossover is the cut off low frequency in Hz one wants speakers to handle. So if I set large towers at 80 hz, they will start passing off low bass duties on any sound under 80 hz to the sub woofer which is much more efficient and proficient at lower frequencies. If I set crossover to 100 hz, the pass off from the towers to the sub woofer will start at 100 hz. Apparently, even 100 hz is a extremely low frequent.

I always had in my mind that crossover was some type of harmonics between different speakers. Crossover is much simpler than I though (despite the dissertation in that post explaining it)
gene4ht likes this.

I feel infinite
post #491 of 581 Old 02-22-2019, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:

This is excellent, now I understand very well. Basically crossover is the cut off low frequency in Hz one wants speakers to handle. So if I set large towers at 80 hz, they will start passing off low bass duties on any sound under 80 hz to the sub woofer which is much more efficient and proficient at lower frequencies. If I set crossover to 100 hz, the pass off from the towers to the sub woofer will start at 100 hz. Apparently, even 100 hz is a extremely low frequent.

I always had in my mind that crossover was some type of harmonics between different speakers. Crossover is much simpler than I though (despite the dissertation in that post explaining it)
Yup, you got it right. XO is not complicated.

To follow-up on my original post, using the AccuEQ generated XO values still made my system sound great. Sure, my towers go to 38 hz and my sub goes to 23 ( or 25) hz... but man, everything in the low end still sounded great 🙂

Main reason I use nearly 80 hz all around is while I know my towers can hit 38 hz, they cannot do it with authority like my sub.

I just follow THX XO recommendations, and it works fine.

-T
gene4ht and Photokid1970 like this.
post #492 of 581 Old 02-22-2019, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Just wondering.

-T
I have my Front (SVS Bookshelf's and Center) set at 60hz (SVS Recommendation) with my Surrounds (Klipsch KG1) at 80hz and my Surround Backs (some polk speaker that was given to me) set at 100hz, my LPF for LFE set at 90hz.
gene4ht likes this.

Onkyo TX-RZ920
SVS Prime Bookshelfs
SVS Prime Center
SVS PB13 Ultra
Klipsch KG1's
post #493 of 581 Old 02-24-2019, 05:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I could be mistaken but my understanding is the original Blade Runner is not Atmos...but the current Blade Runner 2049 UHD version is Atmos.
I re-rented the 1080P Blu Ray of Blade Runner 2049 and it has ATMOS. Watched the Mad Max remake in ATMOS last night. The sound was really good but the movie not so much. 90% pure action movie. Ok, but I like a bit of a story. Glad I have the ATMOS and crossover all figured out now.
gene4ht likes this.

I feel infinite
post #494 of 581 Old 02-24-2019, 05:24 PM
Advanced Member

I am thinking of trying Tidal music streaming service (have Google Play Music now) because Tidal offers lossless audio streaming.

I hesitate because I am thinking any boost in music quality will be negated by the typical low end smartphone DAC. I am wondering if I stream to the Onkyo's built in Chromecast app if that that will take advantage of the Onkyo DAC and will upgrade the streaming sound to get the full goodness out of Tidal music.

If not, what is the best way to stream music from my phone - Pixel 2 - for maximum quality. I am reading about external DACs but not 100% sure how they interface with phone and the Onkyo. Some say you plug them into the phono jacks (used for TT already) or plug into a AVRs 3.5 mm headphone jack.

Anyway, anyone know anything about streaming from a smartphone to this reciever and how to maximize quality?

I feel infinite
post #495 of 581 Old 02-24-2019, 05:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I re-rented the 1080P Blu Ray of Blade Runner 2049 and it has ATMOS. Watched the Mad Max remake in ATMOS last night. The sound was really good but the movie not so much. 90% pure action movie. Ok, but I like a bit of a story. Glad I have the ATMOS and crossover all figured out now.
After posting my last response, I read elsewhere in the forum that Blade Runner (the original) was remade into a Blu Ray and included Atmos with most agreeing that it's Atmos execution was as good as or better than Blade Runner 2049. At any rate...glad you're enjoying Atmos and the crossover info was helpful.
Mamasboy likes this.

post #496 of 581 Old 02-25-2019, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

I just realized that the Onkyo AVR has the Tidal app built in so I can stream via Ethernet direct through AVR!

I signed up for the Tidal free 30 day trial. Logged into Tidal on my reciever and can play FLAC audio from Tidal directly on AVR - no wireless streaming. Did a quick test of my reference LP "Aja" and it sounds amazing.

The only problem is the interface sucks. To select a song or LP I need to scroll type it out on one of those up-down-left-right arrow online keyboards. I am trying to figure out if there is a way for a phone app to control Tidal on the AVR without streaming from the phone. The AVR is directly connected to my internet via Ethernet so if I am to keep Tidal, I will need an easy way to select and play music through the Onkyo interface. It would be so nice to use my phone's interface to control the app on the Onkyo.

Anyone know if there is an easy way to control Tidal and other internet apps on Onkyo (like Pandora) without having to mess with the up-down-Left-right arrows on the Onkyo remote?

I downloaded the Onkyo HI Fi Player and the Onkyo Controller, maybe there is a way with them? If no one knows, I'll mess with it tonight and report back any successes here.

Tidal is such a niche music service, I doubt anyone uses it here but if you like lossless music and streaming it is the way to go for $20 a month. I would recommend you try the 30 day free trial to hear how great it sounds.

I feel infinite

Last edited by Mamasboy; 02-25-2019 at 03:11 PM.
post #497 of 581 Old 02-25-2019, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I just realized that the Onkyo AVR has the Tidal app built in so I can stream via Ethernet direct through AVR!

I signed up for the Tidal free 30 day trial. Logged into Tidal on my reciever and can play FLAC audio from Tidal directly on AVR - no wireless streaming. Did a quick test of my reference LP "Aja" and it sounds amazing.

The only problem is the interface sucks. To select a song or LP I need to scroll type it out on one of those up-down-left-right arrow online keyboards. I am trying to figure out if there is a way for a phone app to control Tidal on the AVR without streaming from the phone. The AVR is directly connected to my internet via Ethernet so if I am to keep Tidal, I will need an easy way to select and play music through the Onkyo interface. It would be so nice to use my phone's interface to control the app on the Onkyo.

Anyone know if there is an easy way to control Tidal and other internet apps on Onkyo (like Pandora) without having to mess with the up-down-Left-right arrows on the Onkyo remote?

I downloaded the Onkyo HI Fi Player and the Onkyo Controller, maybe there is a way with them? If no one knows, I'll mess with it tonight and report back any successes here.

Tidal is such a niche music service, I doubt anyone uses it here but if you like lossless music and streaming it is the way to go for $20 a month. I would recommend you try the 30 day free trial to hear how great it sounds.
I am not 100% certain, but I thought when you stream digital music to your smartphone, and you have a Bluetooth connection to the Onkyo, then the digital stream goes to the phone and then directly to the receiver. It's never converted to analog in the phone and then reconverted to digital.

What I do is I stream the Amazon music or Google play music with a Bluetooth connection to my Onkyo. So then I am taking advantage of the Onkyo DAC.

I don't know what kind of data plan you have. I have T-Mobile so I have pretty much unlimited data. Someone said use as much as 80 gigabytes (videos). No slowdowns and no extra fees.

So then you can use the nice interface from your phone.

-T
post #498 of 581 Old 02-26-2019, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I am not 100% certain, but I thought when you stream digital music to your smartphone, and you have a Bluetooth connection to the Onkyo, then the digital stream goes to the phone and then directly to the receiver. It's never converted to analog in the phone and then reconverted to digital.

What I do is I stream the Amazon music or Google play music with a Bluetooth connection to my Onkyo. So then I am taking advantage of the Onkyo DAC.

I don't know what kind of data plan you have. I have T-Mobile so I have pretty much unlimited data. Someone said use as much as 80 gigabytes (videos). No slowdowns and no extra fees.

-T
Interesting theory. What you say make some sense, if all the phone is doing is passing ones and zeros to the AVR it should not matter whether wired or not as long as the wireless connection is near enough not to have connectivity issues.

But the why do I hear how audio passed over Bluetooth sucks? Maybe it is the general type of audio system that accepts Bluetooth - earbuds and Bluetooth speakers.

Last night I tried listening to a song via direct from app on reciever, via Bluetooth from phone, and via WiFi Chromecast to built in Chromecast on the AVR. They all sounded pretty good, but it is difficult to tell because it takes about 1 or 2 minutes to switch between the different connectivity options and by then it is really difficult to compare sound. Each one I had to wait a minute or so for the reciever to connect and sync with Tidal on the phone or on the AVR.

I did a lot of google searching on WiFi/Bluetooth streaming to a good stereo system and their is not much. Most relates to Wifi/Bluetooth connecting to wireless headphones or earbuds.

I feel infinite
post #499 of 581 Old 02-26-2019, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:

-T
Interesting theory. What you say make some sense, if all the phone is doing is passing ones and zeros to the AVR it should not matter whether wired or not as long as the wireless connection is near enough not to have connectivity issues.

But the why do I hear how audio passed over Bluetooth sucks? Maybe it is the general type of audio system that accepts Bluetooth - earbuds and Bluetooth speakers.

Last night I tried listening to a song via direct from app on reciever, via Bluetooth from phone, and via WiFi Chromecast to built in Chromecast on the AVR. They all sounded pretty good, but it is difficult to tell because it takes about 1 or 2 minutes to switch between the different connectivity options and by then it is really difficult to compare sound. Each one I had to wait a minute or so for the reciever to connect and sync with Tidal on the phone or on the AVR.

I did a lot of google searching on WiFi/Bluetooth streaming to a good stereo system and their is not much. Most relates to Wifi/Bluetooth connecting to wireless headphones or earbuds.
Looks like I was was incorrect... the Bluetooth hardware in phone encodes the music before sending to the AVR.

Reddit link for good info:. https://www.reddit.com/r/bluetooth/c..._bluetooth_41/

So basically, for lossy digital music (e.g. mp3) up to 256 Kbit/sec should play well. But Noy lossless audio.

-T
post #500 of 581 Old 02-26-2019, 10:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Looks like I was was incorrect... the Bluetooth hardware in phone encodes the music before sending to the AVR.

Reddit link for good info:. https://www.reddit.com/r/bluetooth/c..._bluetooth_41/

So basically, for lossy digital music (e.g. mp3) up to 256 Kbit/sec should play well. But Noy lossless audio.

-T
Ok, now wondering if the AVRs built in Chromcast app (which uses my home's high speed wifi) also degrades the sound. I guess Bluetooth has to do some compression because of bandwidth issues. It would seem wifi has plenty of bandwidth to stream flac since I can stream a netflix movie over wifi in great quality to my secondary TV.

If wifi and bluetooth streaming both degrade the Tidal lossless audio I will probably cancel Tidal after my 30 day free trial.

I guess the clunky built in Tidal app should be close to perfect sound but would much prefer casting from the full featured phone app.

I feel infinite
post #501 of 581 Old 02-26-2019, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:

-T
Ok, now wondering if the AVRs built in Chromcast app (which uses my home's high speed wifi) also degrades the sound. I guess Bluetooth has to do some compression because of bandwidth issues. It would seem wifi has plenty of bandwidth to stream flac since I can stream a netflix movie over wifi in great quality to my secondary TV.

If wifi and bluetooth streaming both degrade the Tidal lossless audio I will probably cancel Tidal after my 30 day free trial.

I guess the clunky built in Tidal app should be close to perfect sound but would much prefer casting from the full featured phone app.
Checkout the play store... They have Onkyo apps... Maybe they'll provide a nice UI? Worth a shot.

-T
post #502 of 581 Old 02-27-2019, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member

After all this, I am now not sure if the Onkyo ever got the MQA (Master Quality Audio) upgrade. This article says they upgraded their Network enabled AVRs but does not mention the Onkyo tx-920 specifically.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markspa...mware-upgrade/

I feel infinite
post #503 of 581 Old 02-27-2019, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
After all this, I am now not sure if the Onkyo ever got the MQA (Master Quality Audio) upgrade. This article says they upgraded their Network enabled AVRs but does not mention the Onkyo tx-920 specifically.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markspa...mware-upgrade/

It probably won't get it... the receivers listed in the link are Stereo only.

-T
post #504 of 581 Old 02-27-2019, 09:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

It probably won't get it... the receivers listed in the link are Stereo only.

-T
Yeah, I thought I lucked out and would not have to drop $500 on a Bluesound Node 2i Wireless Multi-Room Hi-Res Music Streaming Player to test out MQA on Tidal. The reciever still pulls in Tidal's FLAC songs but that is not worth another $20 a month to a streaming service. Testing the FLAC sound against hi quality setting Google Play Music the difference was not super noticeable or horrible, and with an Android phone and google homes all over the house, GPM is not going anywhere. I guess if I want more perfect sound I'll just listen to LPs or my CDs (or burn all my CDs to FLAC).

I feel infinite
post #505 of 581 Old 03-01-2019, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Is there evidence that AccuEQ does not room correct the front speakers?

Maybe my Google skills are lacking.. but I hear a lot of people parroting the same information. Although I cannot find a link to the proof.

-T
post #506 of 581 Old 03-01-2019, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

Maybe my Google skills are lacking.. but I hear a lot of people parroting the same information. Although I cannot find a link to the proof.

-T
There's the ability to turn off AccuEQ for L&R so that would indicate that it does correct the fronts.

"Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious"

Last edited by DJSirReal; 03-01-2019 at 02:54 PM.
post #507 of 581 Old 03-01-2019, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSirReal View Post
Quote:

-T
There's the ability to turn off AccuEQ for L&R so that would that it does correct the fronts.
Thank you for that information.

-T

Last edited by T-Bone; 03-01-2019 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Typo
post #508 of 581 Old 03-01-2019, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 50
So I ordered a 920 last week, and it was set to arrive yesterday. Turns out it needs a signature on arrival, per the note that UPS left. Ugh! But, that makes sense. No problem.

I worked from home this afternoon, and the UPS guy brings it to me.. And I no sooner set it down in the living room, when a text from the baseball coach reminds me that my 7 year old has practice tonight! Ahhh! So I'm sitting at the ball field reading the 920 forum instead of setting it up...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
DJSirReal likes this.
post #509 of 581 Old 03-01-2019, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photokid1970 View Post
So I ordered a 920 last week, and it was set to arrive yesterday. Turns out it needs a signature on arrival, per the note that UPS left. Ugh! But, that makes sense. No problem.

I worked from home this afternoon, and the UPS guy brings it to me.. And I no sooner set it down in the living room, when a text from the baseball coach reminds me that my 7 year old has practice tonight! Ahhh! So I'm sitting at the ball field reading the 920 forum instead of setting it up... [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Did you get it for a good price? Just curious.

I think you'll like the 920. Let us know what you think about it iafter you set it up.

-T
post #510 of 581 Old 03-04-2019, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Streamed from my Apple TV Bohemian Rhapsody in 4k HDR (Optoma UHZ 65) with Dolby Atmos and I have to say when it all comes together and works right it is pretty darn amazing. The Dolby Atmos coming from the Onkyo was amazing. I am really liking the depth and headroom this receiver has shown on various sources and especially the very solid low end. It was a great movie to really push my entire system to the limits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
missing audio , receiver , spoken word , surround modes

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page