Originally Posted by Nalleh
I agree, the «or» can be misleading, but just think of is «optional». You can pretty much do whatever Auro setup you want with this unit, from 9.1 up to 13.1.
You my friend are awesome.
I have been taking notes on a few major things I will need to do like:
1) turning the auto update to "ON" as it is defaulted to off for some odd reason.
2) The 4K signal format must be set to "enhanced" for 4K @ 60Hz. Yup it is defaulted to off.
3) In the audyssey setup and config make sure you set the fronts & backs to "floor layout" 5ch + SB and height SP to 8ch as the below diagram shows.
4) Make sure all your HDMI's are certified full spec & beware of equipment placement as certain things like cordless phones & gateways can cause hum or hiss interferences in your speakers especially if you have self powered subs in them like my 2 main front Definitive BP7001SC do. A few years ago I found out a gateway was creating a feedback loop in 1 of them as the gateway was too close. Took forever to figure that one out...
4) Plus a few other things I can't remember just now...
Do we really have to be rocket scientists to go through this full process & I wonder if TPTB realize this? Thank goodness for these threads and the owners because the techs at any place at times know very little, we all know this.
Does anyone else see the contradiction in wording and meaning of the asterisk paragraph on the bottom right of the diagram in the pictorial below? lol "Use surround heights" initially...but then it says "install rear heights instead of surround heights"!!!