Version 3.0, Class 1 - increased from 33' up to 98ft/30m
- Audyssey MultEQ Editor
iOS/Android phone app ($20) - (first introduced for use with the 2016 models) using the Audyssey mic included with the AVR, provides the ability to customize target curves, save them on the phone/tablet and send back to the AVR as needed generally only taking about 90 seconds).
- The HEOS module
will allow streaming the (currently) 12 music services using the HEOS iOS/Android app to the AVR as well as allow streaming 2CH sources (PCM 2.0 from HDMI/optical/digital coax/analog) connected to the AVR to one or up to 32 HEOS wireless speakers placed around the home, up to 16 of which can be grouped together for whole house audio with up to 8 independent sources. Additionally 2 speakers of the same model (eg. HEOS 3 + HEOS 3) can be grouped together for stereo L/R.
- Auto Update
- (default - OFF), allows for firmware updates while the unit is in Standby
- SAVE & LOAD
(to USB taking only 1-2 minutes; no longer able to access the AVR via Web Control)
- (pressing/holding the power on button in lieu of having to pull power cable)
- DTS Virtual:X
- simulates height/surround from DTS and PCM audio when no Height/Top/Dolby speakers are configured, ie. 7.1 or less setup (able to use w/Audyssey, unlike on X3400H and lower models)
- GUI/OSD overlay on 4K DV video
- added with Auro 3D firmware update May 24, 2018
- 4K Signal Format
(Standard (default)/Enhanced; Note: Enhanced setting must be used when passing 4K/60Hz video)
- HDMI Diagnostics
- Dolby Vision (to include the Sony Low Latency) + HLG
- via future firmware update (ETA summer 2018; able to receive HD audio (Dolby TrueHD/DTS HD-MA) from eARC capable TV)
- DTS Headphone:X
- Dual USB
- front USB for audio files only while rear USB is to provide 5v/1.5a power only
7.2.6 or 9.2.4
5.2.6 or 7.2.4 or 9.2.2 (ie. currently only 11CH max although possibly 13CH via a future firmware at a later date)
- Auro 3D:
13.2 (a newer version of the Auro 3D 10.1 featured on the X4400H/X6400H to be added via a free future firmware update (May 24, 2018))
- Dialog Enhancer:
Also available on the X6400H, this feature focuses on improving the human voice frequencies 1kHz - 3kHz (Low/Medium/High)(unlike the lower level models which feature a <Dialog Level> setting which simply adjusts the volume of the center speaker)
- Remote ID:
Able to change the Remote ID code (both for the remote and the AVR) when using another nearby Denon AVR (ie. so the X8500H remote doesn't try to operate the other Denon as well)
- Aux 3 - 7:
To add these additional source names simply press/hold the DOWN arrow and BACK buttons on the front panel while powering on the AVR
- Macro A-D:
Buttons located at the bottom of the remote each of which can store up to 18 programmable steps (eg. in lieu of using a Harmony remote); there are 5 pre-stored macro functions: (1) Watch movies, (2) Listen to music, (3) Watch TV, (4) Turn on all devices, and (5) Turn off all devices
- Although an issue on prior year models, the Subwoofer Level Adjust
no longer has an ON/OFF setting, but rather simply mirrors the Subwoofer Manual Setup - Levels - Test Tones settings such that it can be adjusted on the fly now correctly as opposed to being in addition to the Manual Setup settings on previous year's models
Although this has been featured on non-HEOS networking models for many years, it was dropped on HEOS models beginning in 2016; however, will be reintroduced on 2018 and newer models, the X8500H via a firmware update sometime in 2019.
-IMAX Enhanced DTS:X;
(via future firmware update late 2018)
Tips and suggestions:
1. If the AVR is connected to a 4k TV then use only "Premium" certified 4k/18gbps HDMI cables (eg. Monoprice). https://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/pr...n_Program.aspx
2. If the source will not pass 4k/60Hz HDR10: Set the "4k Signal Format
" (p. 206 Owner's manual) setting to "Enhanced" from factory default of "Standard."
3. If TV will not accept HDR signal from the AVR: Enable the "enhanced" or "UHD" video mode for the TV input from the AVR (see below).
Samsung: Settings | Picture | Expert Settings/Picture Options | HDMI UHD Color
LG: Settings | All Settings | General | HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color
Vizio: Open SmartCast app | Settings | Inputs | HDMI Color Subsampling | Enable HDR
Sony Bravia: Home | Settings | External Inputs (under TV subsection) | HDMI signal format | Enhanced
Panasonic: Menu | Setup | HDMI HDR Setting: On
Philips: Menu | Setup | TV Settings | Installation | Preferences | HDMI mode : Normal
4. Dolby Atmos requires a minimum of a 5.1.2 setup while DTS:X/DTS Neural:X/Dolby Surround can use a 3.1.2 setup.
5. Regardless of where the height/overhead speakers are physically located, using a FH+RH (7.1.4) or FH+TM+RH (7.1.6) configuration will allow the FH+RH speakers to be used with all three 3D audio codecs: Atmos, DTS:X, Auro 3D.
6. Although up to 15 speakers can be connected (for convenience), a maximum of 13 speakers can operate at one time (regardless of whether using external amps or not).
7. Although DTS:X and Neural:X are currently limited to only 11 speakers, DTS plans on passing an update to D+M in 2019 to allow the processing of 13 speakers.
8. Although there exists a DTS <Dialog Control
> setting (p. 182 Owner's manual), the audio mixer must include this control in the audio (which has been rare) in order for the setting to be active (ie. display) under SETUP - AUDIO - SURROUND PARAMETER - Dialog Control when a DTS:X audio track is playing.
9. ISF DAY/NIGHT Custom
settings: After selecting either PICTURE ADJUST - ISF DAY/NIGHT, press <Enter> to select the setting. Then press/hold the INFO button for 5 seconds at which point the same Custom settings as are available with the "PICTURE ADJUST - Custom" setting should be displayed with the only difference being that the "Gamma Coefficient" (although not displayed nor editable) is different for each of the ISF DAY/NIGHT settings.
10. When using an HD DVD player, set the Deep Color setting on the TV input to OFF.
11. DTS Neural:X cannot be used to process audio above 48kHz.
General suggestions and setup tips provided in the 2017 Denon AVR Owner's thread --> https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...l#post51748513
Remote Control Preset Codes
: p. 271 Owner's manual - http://manuals.denon.com/AVRX8500H/p...resetCodes.pdf
Front Wide configuration
1. Dolby Surround will not simulate audio to FW speakers, rather only Atmos (13 speaker max) and DTS:X/DTS Neural:X (currently only 11 speaker max)
2. It is not possible to have 6 height speakers active when Front Wide are active with Atmos (TF+TM+TR) nor with the current DTS:X/Neural:X 11 speaker limitation.
Auro 3D Demo Disc Vol 2
If you would like to receive a copy of the Auro 3D Demo Disc from Auro Technologies, although the disc itself is free, Auro Technologies will send you the disc for FREE if you pay shipping and handling.
For Fedex shipment, handling and customs fees, pay 28 EUR (VAT included) onto bank account number BE07 3630 7852 4166 (BIC: BBRU BEBB). Please indicate a reference of the notification 'Dispatch Demo Disc/758'
. Alternatively, payment via Paypal is also possible and upon your request via email to [email protected]
, Auro will send over a Paypal Payment Request.
Custom Amp Assign