Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-26-2018, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Yamaha 1070 vs Denon 4400?

What would you choose for pure audio quality?
I like a very dynamic and "airy" sound
The Yamaha is 7 channel Atmos, the Denon is 9 channel Atmos
Other than that they seem pretty similar
Does it come down to room correction?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-26-2018, 05:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2306 Post(s)
Liked: 2603
I've read that Yamaha's have kind of an airy sound quality to them but that Denon is way more full featured than that particular Aventage model. Built in Auro 3D with it's Auromatic upmixer for multi channel music being it's strong suit on a 5.1.4 height channel setup and 9 on board amps with the ability to handle 11 channels total with an added cheap 2 channel stereo amp.

Plus that Denon has independent level and distance settings for its dual sub pre amp outputs while the A1070 only has a single setting option for both split into 2.

If you listen to a lot of music the Yamaha might be the best bet but if you watch mostly movies with some music the Denon would be my recommend but get whichever one suits your individual needs and be happy . The Denon has the better room correction suite as well. Especially for the bass frequencies.

Yamaha has better and more built in DSP modes(jazz club, concert hall, sci fi etc...) and a better reviewed mobile app but the Denon's isn't that bad and HEOS works well for me along with it's own mobile app for streaming music.

I've researched both makes to death for the last few years myself. Both are good receivers IMHO.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page