Advice for receiver based on speakers - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By noears

post #1 of 8 Old 02-13-2018, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Question Advice for receiver based on speakers

I'm looking for a new receiver below $400 that will work great with these speakers and will hold up for at least a few years?

Speakers
http://www.jamo.com/products/s426hcs3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-13-2018, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry898969 View Post
I'm looking for a new receiver below $400 that will work great with these speakers and will hold up for at least a few years?

Speakers
http://www.jamo.com/products/s426hcs3
80-100wpc receiver with these speakers at 89dB 1w1m sensitivity should be fine
http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/..._System_ds.pdf

maybe one of these receivers
https://www.accessories4less.com/mak...ceivers/3.html
post #3 of 8 Old 02-13-2018, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank xbe View Post
80-100wpc receiver with these speakers at 89dB 1w1m sensitivity should be fine
http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/..._System_ds.pdf

maybe one of these receivers
https://www.accessories4less.com/mak...ceivers/3.html
Thank you for your reply. Should I make sure that Atmos and Vision are part of the receiver? I'm not a fan of refurbished electronics, have you purchased from them and does the manufacturer cover the warranty? Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-13-2018, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Refurbished electronics often undergo a more rigorous inspection process than fresh built. My HK AV635 is a refurb and still going strong 13 years later. I also own a few refurbished photography items from Canon and they arrived like new and have performed flawlessly. That being said, some brands appear to not treat refurbished as well. I've read stories of Dyson shipping refurbished items that were in seriously rough shape.
frank xbe likes this.
post #5 of 8 Old 02-13-2018, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry898969 View Post
Thank you for your reply. Should I make sure that Atmos and Vision are part of the receiver? I'm not a fan of refurbished electronics, have you purchased from them and does the manufacturer cover the warranty? Thank you
You should only worry about Atmos if you are planning to install atmos speakers in the near future. Receivers tend to get updated on a regular basis so if atmos speakers are a year or more away then I would not make it a priority at this time. As for Dolby Vision, the same holds true. For dolby vision to work, the TV and the Bluray player need to be DV compatible as well so if your other components don't have it, then you won't get any benefit from having it on your receiver. Like with the Atmos, it depends on your upgrade path.

That being said if you find a receiver in your price range that has Atmos and DV then its an added bonus, but if budget is a major concern then you can find some good deals if you can live without those features.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-13-2018, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgarc View Post
You should only worry about Atmos if you are planning to install atmos speakers in the near future. Receivers tend to get updated on a regular basis so if atmos speakers are a year or more away then I would not make it a priority at this time. As for Dolby Vision, the same holds true. For dolby vision to work, the TV and the Bluray player need to be DV compatible as well so if your other components don't have it, then you won't get any benefit from having it on your receiver. Like with the Atmos, it depends on your upgrade path.

That being said if you find a receiver in your price range that has Atmos and DV then its an added bonus, but if budget is a major concern then you can find some good deals if you can live without those features.
^^^^^^ OP, What he said and I have had good results with refurbished PC's and one refurb TV here all of them arrived in new cond.
Accy 4 less is often recommended at this forum and you can get a lot for the money .at the link in my last reply
post #7 of 8 Old 02-14-2018, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you everyone. Is there a specific brand that is recommended? I previous Yamaha lasted a long time, but I'm not sure if the newer ones are as good.
post #8 of 8 Old 02-14-2018, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 326
I would look at the receivers that had the features you need or want and get the one that offers the best deal. In this price point they will probably be very comparable. I am partial to Denon but I own a Pioneer and I hear very good things about Yamaha so for me its about getting the best deal. Some people can hear differences between models but I think that the speakers are more important for the overall quality of sound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
receiver advice , speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page