Issues with Integra 50.4 receiver: spotify + Zone 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-17-2018, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Angry Issues with Integra 50.4 receiver: spotify + Zone 3

Hi Guys,

I've had the Integra 50.4 receiver for a few years now - but it's only recently started to give me issues that I'm wondering if anyone can help with.
  1. 1: Spotify login - I hear some Onkyo's don't log in to spotify any longer - is this the same case for Integras? I used to have no issues, and now it just says login failed or incorrect password when it's not true since I was able to test on 2 phone's and a laptop that the username and PW are in face correct. This is particularly challenging because of Point 2. I've got through all the Spotify forums with the same questions - they've just not been helpful. Just a note - it used to be able to login to spotify previously - it wasn't great but it worked. I've removed the FB connect (I have premium) I changed the password etc etc - no luck at all.
  2. 2: Zone 3 - I'm a bit of a newbie on this, but for us - our Zone 1 (and maybe 2) is the inside of the tv room. Zone 3 is setup for the outdoor covered area speaks (2 roof mounted). The issue I've found is that the only way Zone 3 works, is if it's a music source being played DIRECTLY from the Integra receiver - and if you try playing music through a HDMI source (either the xbox or a laptop or google chrome or USB) - it refuses to play from that source. I couldn't find anything on Google confirming this so I wanted to double check if this was possible? Because if not - then the Spotify was my only way of actually playing music from the receiver, which no longer works.
  3. 3: Zone 3 - is there a way I can play music to the outdoor speaks somehow now, if indeed Spotify is truly dead on the Integra? Or assuming it is, is there a way to get music sourced another way?

Any suggestions on the above would be great, but I'd especially be happy trying to figure out how Zone 3 can play music off any HDMI source, which doesn't seem possible yet after literally hours of trial and error.

Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-19-2018, 12:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Other than Tuner or Network, you need an analog source to play in Multi Zone. Good way to test is Tuner (AM or FM), if your network isn't working. I think it supports Air-Play as well? Don't know what the Spotify issue is?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
hdmi , Integra , spotify

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page