New Behringer NX Series: 1000/3000/6000 in Black - Page 17 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 245Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #481 of 510 Old 04-22-2019, 02:20 PM
Advanced Member
 
johnplayerson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 644
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post
I would double-check your wiring, first.
Yaaa it got to be the wiring. Behringer inukes never fail or arrive doa.
Plus augerhandles are still working, and someone else bought ten of them and they are still working for him.

Don't believe anyone who reports anything bad about these amps. They are just trying to bash behringer because................... because...............
because.......................... Let me check my notes.

https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=459.60
A Good amplifier requires a adequate power supply, It does not matter what the amplifier is capable of if the power supply will not provide the power required. Most amplifiers have under rated power supplies. It is up to you to make sure you get the ones that are least under rated if at all.
johnplayerson is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #482 of 510 Old 04-24-2019, 12:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Augerhandle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: About 25" away from my computer screen
Posts: 5,097
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Liked: 1126
No one said it has to be the wiring. My reply was Basic Troubleshooting 101. Focus on and eliminate the most probable causes before deciding the next step. That's why your customer service rep has a script to go through before you get a technician visit.

[Is it plugged in?] [Are the connections properly made?] and other questions find and correct the problem over 83% of the time. There are then other steps to identify the root cause. If units were DOA 83% of the time, I don't think they would be selling them very long. Begin with wiring, and work down. Three units in a row going into protect mode also raise the red flag of a wiring problem. He could also be getting returned units from some wholesaler who buys them up at a discount, though not as likely as the wiring issue. One troubleshooting step at a time.

I've seen many people say a unit was plugged in, only to post days later that the vacuum cleaner or dog must've unplugged it. Again, first things first.

Please troll somewhere else, John
notnyt, Sekosche and ST Dog like this.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb
_____________________ http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/auger-handle/ ________________________

Last edited by Augerhandle; 04-24-2019 at 12:21 PM.
Augerhandle is offline  
post #483 of 510 Old 05-04-2019, 10:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Sekosche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2,186
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1338 Post(s)
Liked: 3311
Can the admins delete these trolling posts that offer nothing of value to the thread?

Good to hear the new 6K fans are relatively more quiet than you remember @bear123 but my original fans on the 6KDSP are almost whisper quiet compared to the stock 3K fans that I definitely had to swap out. I’m not sure what causes such a substantial difference in fan noise between these two models; even the pitch was much more bothersome on the 3K. I still haven’t modded the 6K, and it’s only a few feet away.
Archaea likes this.

Speakers: PSA MTM-210T x2, MTM-210C, MT-110SR x2; Atmos-SVS Satellite x2, DIY Volt-10 x2
Subs: PSA V1801 x2, DIY: 18" RSS460HO, 15" RSS390HO x2, BOSS w/JBL CX1200 x6
MA’s: Crowson Tech x2
Processing: Denon X4200, NU6KDSP, 3KDSP
Video: Epson 3700; Screen: Silver Ticket 106" High Contrast
Sekosche is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #484 of 510 Old 05-04-2019, 03:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bear123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 6,064
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2426 Post(s)
Liked: 3797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekosche View Post
Can the admins delete these trolling posts that offer nothing of value to the thread?

Good to hear the new 6K fans are relatively more quiet than you remember @bear123 but my original fans on the 6KDSP are almost whisper quiet compared to the stock 3K fans that I definitely had to swap out. I’m not sure what causes such a substantial difference in fan noise between these two models; even the pitch was much more bothersome on the 3K. I still haven’t modded the 6K, and it’s only a few feet away.
Yep, I'm still hesitant to replace the fans with my nearly silent Noctua PWM's(10% more airflow than FLX and 20% more static pressure---->better cooling). Don't currently have my amp up and running as I want to get it relocated so that it does not sit on top of one of my subs. Figured I will eliminate the vibration of sitting on the sub to help possibly prolong life. So I figured I might as well remotely locate all of my equipment as long as I go through the trouble of moving the amp. So I have to figure out which cables I need i.e longer HDMI etc, have to rewire one of my sub cables with 12g..currently using maybe 14 or 16, not sure but definitely looks pretty thin to be pushing 1,000 watts through it. Then I have to figure out what IR transmitter/receiver to use and get a little stand/rack etc.

Im afraid if I plug in the amp I won't do any of the above. Aaaaaand have to get my new LCR up and running. Aaaaaand have to get my walls wired for the surrounds speakers sitting in the office for the last month or two. Aaaaand I have a set of Quarks I'd like to get assembled....
Sekosche likes this.
bear123 is online now  
post #485 of 510 Old 05-04-2019, 08:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Yep, I'm still hesitant to replace the fans with my nearly silent Noctua PWM's(10% more airflow than FLX and 20% more static pressure---->better cooling). Don't currently have my amp up and running as I want to get it relocated so that it does not sit on top of one of my subs. Figured I will eliminate the vibration of sitting on the sub to help possibly prolong life. So I figured I might as well remotely locate all of my equipment as long as I go through the trouble of moving the amp. So I have to figure out which cables I need i.e longer HDMI etc, have to rewire one of my sub cables with 12g..currently using maybe 14 or 16, not sure but definitely looks pretty thin to be pushing 1,000 watts through it. Then I have to figure out what IR transmitter/receiver to use and get a little stand/rack etc.



Im afraid if I plug in the amp I won't do any of the above. Aaaaaand have to get my new LCR up and running. Aaaaaand have to get my walls wired for the surrounds speakers sitting in the office for the last month or two. Aaaaand I have a set of Quarks I'd like to get assembled....
Watch out on the hdmi. The ones we ran are just short enough to work, but just long enough to occasionally have issues. I'd be conservative on making the switch to active cables if you think you're close.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Ortizer is offline  
post #486 of 510 Old 05-15-2019, 04:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wormraper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tucson Arizona
Posts: 4,911
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 229
holy crap. It's been over 5 years since I last checked in to the subwoofer section because my Marty's have been working fine, but the first time I come into a Behringer thread and JohnPlayerson is still whining about Behringer amps ??? it's like de ja vu all over again.


anyways, considering the fact that I might need to change over from my Peavey IPR 3000 that's been my mainstay for 6 years on sub duty, does the 6000D come with a power limiter so that I I can limit them to say....900 watts? (the IPR 3000 puts out about 840 watts were channel with both channels being driven, and unlike the Behringers that 840 watts is exactly what the specs list it as)... I have the SI D4's from the back in the day wired to 4ohms and I don't want to blow them.

also, am i just going crazy, are is the 6000D INSANELY expensive from what it used to be in the Inuke days? I swore the they were only $400-$440 back then, but I'm looking at $550 for the NX series ???
wormraper is offline  
post #487 of 510 Old 05-15-2019, 05:12 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 11,004
Mentioned: 599 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3735 Post(s)
Liked: 3509
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
I ended up getting the NX6000d. Without actually measuring with an SPL meter, the stock fans do seem substantially quieter than I remember them being on my Inuke. Almost quiet enough for me to not be overly concerned with doing a fan mod, even though I have Noctuas on hand.

Interesting. Maybe the dual fans Behringer uses on there 6000 amps are quieter (different model) than the single fans they use on their 3000 amps?

I have four iNuke DSP 6000 amps(unmodified, final version (rated 3,100 watts x 2)) and those fans are collectively quieter on my racked amps than just the new single NX3000D I picked up for tactile feedback project—I’m working on installing shallow mount subwoofers directly in my theater chairs.

Not only is the NX3000D louder, it’s also got a nasty higher pitch. Is this normal to what you guys have heard on these NX3000D? I’ve owned or experienced likely over a dozen iNukes and only the very first iteration models back in 2011 timeframe, do I remember being as loud as this new NX3000D?

Proof in video:

https://imgur.com/gallery/BnnfyPN

Archaea's 9.8.4 Home Theater Room
(13) JBL CBT 70j-1 | Denon x7200wa | Sherbourn PA 7-350 amplifier | (8) Ultimax 18" sealed subwoofers | (4) iNuke DSP 6000 amplifiers | (4) MB Quart 12" subwoofers mounted direct mounted to Berkline theater chairs BOSS style | Epson 5040UB Projector | Jamestown 144" acoustic transparent 2.35:1 screen w/ Seymour XD fabric
Archaea is online now  
post #488 of 510 Old 05-15-2019, 05:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bear123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 6,064
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2426 Post(s)
Liked: 3797
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
holy crap. It's been over 5 years since I last checked in to the subwoofer section because my Marty's have been working fine, but the first time I come into a Behringer thread and JohnPlayerson is still whining about Behringer amps ??? it's like de ja vu all over again.


anyways, considering the fact that I might need to change over from my Peavey IPR 3000 that's been my mainstay for 6 years on sub duty, does the 6000D come with a power limiter so that I I can limit them to say....900 watts? (the IPR 3000 puts out about 840 watts were channel with both channels being driven, and unlike the Behringers that 840 watts is exactly what the specs list it as)... I have the SI D4's from the back in the day wired to 4ohms and I don't want to blow them.

also, am i just going crazy, are is the 6000D INSANELY expensive from what it used to be in the Inuke days? I swore the they were only $400-$440 back then, but I'm looking at $550 for the NX series ???
Yes. For this reason, I shopped around and placed an order for a Crest PL7.5 as I felt the added cost was worth it for the better quality, higher power, better longevity etc etc. Found a deal for 899 but after paying, they called and said they can't get the amp, not even to have it drop shipped from Crest/Peavey. The only places that seem to have them available are over 12000, and I just can't justify that. Found the NX6000d for 450 so went with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Interesting. Maybe the dual fans Behringer uses on there 6000 amps are quieter (different model) than the single fans they use on their 3000 amps?

I have four iNuke DSP 6000 amps(unmodified, final version (rated 3,100 watts x 2)) and those fans are collectively quieter on my racked amps than just the new single NX3000D I picked up for tactile feedback project—I’m working on installing shallow mount subwoofers directly in my theater chairs.

Not only is the NX3000D louder, it’s also got a nasty higher pitch. Is this normal to what you guys have heard on these NX3000D? I’ve owned or experienced likely over a dozen iNukes and only the very first iteration models back in 2011 timeframe, do I remember being as loud as this new NX3000D?

Proof in video:

https://imgur.com/gallery/BnnfyPN
I've seen several reports that the 3000's are louder than the 6000's. Noctua NF A8 PWM. $13 on amazon. I have a pair that I haven't decided to use yet from my dead Inuke6000dsp.

On another note, I have a faint hum coming from both subs when the new amp is on. Although I may have not just paid close enough attention, I never noticed a hum with the Inuke6000. I also haven't been using these new drivers for very long, and they are quite sensitive, around 98 dB, so I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Last edited by bear123; 05-15-2019 at 05:50 AM.
bear123 is online now  
post #489 of 510 Old 05-15-2019, 06:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bear123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 6,064
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2426 Post(s)
Liked: 3797
Sitting here this morning listening to music quietly in the background, -55 MV...can faintly hear the amp fans, but, the hum started getting noticeable louder, then louder than the fans. The culprit was the RCA to 1/4" adapter which I had already changed for a different brand that I thought solved a problem, but as I touch or moved the cable slightly, the hum came in and out/changed noticeably. I switched to an RCA to XLR adapter and dead silent, even maxing the gains. Problem solved.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	47771.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	2567068  
bear123 is online now  
post #490 of 510 Old 05-17-2019, 01:07 PM
Audio Pack Rat
 
sealmaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Sitting here this morning listening to music quietly in the background, -55 MV...can faintly hear the amp fans, but, the hum started getting noticeable louder, then louder than the fans. The culprit was the RCA to 1/4" adapter which I had already changed for a different brand that I thought solved a problem, but as I touch or moved the cable slightly, the hum came in and out/changed noticeably. I switched to an RCA to XLR adapter and dead silent, even maxing the gains. Problem solved.

Do you have a link or name for that XLR adapter?

Samsung 82 inch, DIYSG HTM12's, Fusion Center, HTM6"s , PSA XS30 X 2, Emotiva XMC-1, Panasonic DMP-UB200, Roku Ultra, Emotiva XPA5.
Garage: UMC-200, Roku2 , Emotiva Airmotiv 5's,Crown XLI 800, HSU TN1225 SUB, Vizio 24" TV.
Computer: Sennheiser GSX1000 & Senn HD598se(wired) & Senn RS185 (wireless) headphones, Antlion Modmic (wireless), Emotiva Airmotiv 5's
sealmaniac is offline  
post #491 of 510 Old 05-17-2019, 01:09 PM
Audio Pack Rat
 
sealmaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 61
LOL nevermind ! The pic was good enough that I finally took the time to read the print on it! Problem solved!
bear123 likes this.

Samsung 82 inch, DIYSG HTM12's, Fusion Center, HTM6"s , PSA XS30 X 2, Emotiva XMC-1, Panasonic DMP-UB200, Roku Ultra, Emotiva XPA5.
Garage: UMC-200, Roku2 , Emotiva Airmotiv 5's,Crown XLI 800, HSU TN1225 SUB, Vizio 24" TV.
Computer: Sennheiser GSX1000 & Senn HD598se(wired) & Senn RS185 (wireless) headphones, Antlion Modmic (wireless), Emotiva Airmotiv 5's
sealmaniac is offline  
post #492 of 510 Old 05-17-2019, 07:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bear123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 6,064
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2426 Post(s)
Liked: 3797
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealmaniac View Post
LOL nevermind ! The pic was good enough that I finally took the time to read the print on it! Problem solved!
They have various lengths so you can go straight from AVR to amp. I'm currently pig tailing onto another RCA cable as my amp and AVR are 12 ft or so apart for cable routing. Will soon have them together and will just use the shorter RCA/XLR cable by itself.
bear123 is online now  
post #493 of 510 Old 05-19-2019, 02:01 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Fruit Heights, UT
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hey All,

I have a new NX6000D and I did the fan swap to the NF-A8 FLX fans. Can anyone confirm if the fans don't really start spinning until there is load on the amp? Just in testing (with nothing plugged into the amp) The 6K fans haven't started spinning even after a couple minutes. Everything is wired up correctly.

I did the swap on my NX3000D and it starts as soon as the amp is powered on.

Thanks, Casey
CaseyH71 is offline  
post #494 of 510 Old 05-20-2019, 02:36 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Sweden, Västerås
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post

The BQT fan is 26 cfm. Although I didn't dig deeper, be very careful about looking only at cfm.. That's measured in free air and not against resistance. Static pressure rating matters....a 30 cfm fan with a higher static pressure rating will push a lot more air through the amp than a fan with the same cfm rating that has poor static pressure rating.

I recommend the Noctua NF-A8 PWM, and NOT the FLX version. The PWM version offers 10% more airflow and 20% higher static pressure rating with only 1.6 dB higher noise. This means more airflow through the amp with almost the same noise. We know the Inuke's will shutdown with some quiet fans that don't produce enough airflow...and not just when being pushed....this is even at quiet background music levels. These amps need some airflow to not overheat and possibly get damaged.

Just have to change the connecter on the PWM version as it is 3 pin. No big deal for a fan that provides a little better cooling and less chance of amp failure.
Hi, when I look at the spec for the PWM version it says 4 pin? Are there two different setup of this fan?

https://noctua.at/en/nf-a8-pwm/specification

Last edited by Niklasmagnus; 05-20-2019 at 10:07 AM.
Niklasmagnus is offline  
post #495 of 510 Old 05-21-2019, 02:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bear123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 6,064
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2426 Post(s)
Liked: 3797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niklasmagnus View Post
Hi, when I look at the spec for the PWM version it says 4 pin? Are there two different setup of this fan?

https://noctua.at/en/nf-a8-pwm/specification
They are 4 pin. I think I used the factory Inuke connector in place of the 4 pin.
bear123 is online now  
post #496 of 510 Old 05-21-2019, 03:20 PM
Advanced Member
 
markg35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 826
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyH71 View Post
Hey All,

I have a new NX6000D and I did the fan swap to the NF-A8 FLX fans. Can anyone confirm if the fans don't really start spinning until there is load on the amp? Just in testing (with nothing plugged into the amp) The 6K fans haven't started spinning even after a couple minutes. Everything is wired up correctly.

I did the swap on my NX3000D and it starts as soon as the amp is powered on.

Thanks, Casey
Mine do the same thing.
markg35 is offline  
post #497 of 510 Old 05-21-2019, 03:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Fruit Heights, UT
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg35 View Post
Mine do the same thing.
Thanks for the follow up. Yeah, I finally bit the bullet and just left the amp on. After about 6 min or so the 1st fan kicked on then the 2nd a min or so after (this is with no load on the amp). They stayed on constantly after that. Should be good.

Casey
Nima and Jk7.2 like this.
CaseyH71 is offline  
post #498 of 510 Old 05-22-2019, 05:38 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Sweden, Västerås
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niklasmagnus View Post
Hi, when I look at the spec for the PWM version it says 4 pin? Are there two different setup of this fan?

https://noctua.at/en/nf-a8-pwm/specification
They are 4 pin. I think I used the factory Inuke connector in place of the 4 pin.
Follow up question. Are you really getting the spec performance of the PWM fan when not feeding it with the PWM signal?
Guess to hock it up using only 2 pins you use the +12 V and the ground?
Niklasmagnus is offline  
post #499 of 510 Old 05-29-2019, 06:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Nima's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,424
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg35 View Post
Mine do the same thing.
So this is normal behaviour on the NU6000? Is it safe to swap the fans on those?I was planning on swapping the fans with Noctua NF 8.

My new stock NU6000 is too loud for my Home Cinema, I would definitely not label them as quiet but I have never heard a 3000. Mine sounds like a hair dryer on low.
Nima is offline  
post #500 of 510 Old 05-29-2019, 07:27 AM
Advanced Member
 
markg35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 826
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima View Post
So this is normal behaviour on the NU6000? Is it safe to swap the fans on those?I was planning on swapping the fans with Noctua NF 8.

My new stock NU6000 is too loud for my Home Cinema, I would definitely not label them as quiet but I have never heard a 3000. Mine sounds like a hair dryer on low.
I don't have one of the newer iNukes.Mine is a 6000 DSP.From what I've read they are basically the same amp internally. I've had mine for 2+ years.It was very loud with the stock fans.I had read about the fan noise before I purchased the amp, and was prepared to swap them out.

I ended up using Noctura 120mm fans with 80mm to 120 mm adapters.Which I did to run at a slower speed.They work great!As do the 80mm Notcuras.I haven't had any problems with mine.

The older iNukes 6000 DSP were a great value even after the fan swap.I'm not sure I'd get a new one at the current price point.

I have a thread on here about what I did if you're interested.There are a few others as well.

Good Luck with whatever you decide to do.

Let me know if I can be of help.
markg35 is offline  
post #501 of 510 Old 05-29-2019, 11:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Nima's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,424
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 128
And are the fans only starting to spin after a while, like described in the post above? Is that normal?
Nima is offline  
post #502 of 510 Old 05-29-2019, 03:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 541
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niklasmagnus View Post
Follow up question. Are you really getting the spec performance of the PWM fan when not feeding it with the PWM signal?
Should run at 100% if no PWM input.

Yes, just +12 and ground. Leave the rest unconnected,nor maybe connect RPM signal (not sure if iNuke uses it).

Last edited by ST Dog; 06-08-2019 at 07:09 AM.
ST Dog is online now  
post #503 of 510 Old 06-08-2019, 04:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bear123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 6,064
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2426 Post(s)
Liked: 3797
Is there an app that can be used on Macs for the NX series DSP? Manually configuring my dsp is a real PITA when I accidentally delete all the settings and have to re-enter!! I'd also like to toy around with having a couple of different house curve type settings or movies.
bear123 is online now  
post #504 of 510 Old 06-08-2019, 06:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
corradizo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: near Chicago
Posts: 3,401
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1520 Post(s)
Liked: 1570
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
Should run at 100% is no PWM input.

Yes, just +12 and ground. Leave the rest unconnected,nor maybe connect RPM signal (not sure is iNuke uses it).


On the original 6000 the amp controled the voltage that goes to the fans to control their speed.
corradizo is online now  
post #505 of 510 Old 06-08-2019, 07:07 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 541
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by corradizo View Post
On the original 6000 the amp controled the voltage that goes to the fans to control their speed.
But does it use the tach signal to check fan speed or just send a voltage based on temperature.

PWM speed control is totally separate from the tach (RPM/speed) output of the fan.
ST Dog is online now  
post #506 of 510 Old 06-08-2019, 07:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
corradizo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: near Chicago
Posts: 3,401
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1520 Post(s)
Liked: 1570
New Behringer NX Series: 1000/3000/6000 in Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
But does it use the tach signal to check fan speed or just send a voltage based on temperature.

PWM speed control is totally separate from the tach (RPM/speed) output of the fan.

I don't know the difference between PWM and Tach.

It's two wires and the fan senses temp and sends more voltage to the fans. So you need fans that start to spin with very little voltage. The fans I tried initially didn't start up with the low voltage and my inuke would reboot and pop after sitting idle for a while. With regular content playing the fans would spool up and all was fine. I only realized this after using my theater area as a computer screen when working from home without anything playing.



The noctua connectors dont fit side by side on the 6000 as their isn't enough room so you have to rig something up. I cut the wires to my stock fans and used them with the spare extension wires that come with the noctuas to make these. I looked up what color was what in the noctua manual.



I've had no problems since the noctuas start to spin right away even at idle so some air moves through the case at all times while the amp is on.
corradizo is online now  
post #507 of 510 Old 06-08-2019, 08:01 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 541
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by corradizo View Post
I don't know the difference between PWM and Tach.
Well now you do.

PWM is an input to control the fan speed.

Tach/speed/RPM is an output stating how fast the fan is turning.
corradizo likes this.
ST Dog is online now  
post #508 of 510 Old 06-08-2019, 10:50 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
ok so im new to this home theater diy thing always had a sound bar so i built 2 micro martys and have a nx3000d but im having some trouble with how to set up the dsp and set proper gain any help would be much appreciated
charliebrown2181 is offline  
post #509 of 510 Old 06-09-2019, 05:04 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceDH View Post
Im new to DIY and was going to get an inuke 6000dsp to drive a full marty... would it be smarter to wait for the 6000d mentioned in this thread? Do we think the price will be similar?


What did you finally settle for for your full Marty?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BeeCR is offline  
post #510 of 510 Old 06-09-2019, 06:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bear123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 6,064
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2426 Post(s)
Liked: 3797
Quote:
Originally Posted by corradizo View Post
I don't know the difference between PWM and Tach.

It's two wires and the fan senses temp and sends more voltage to the fans. So you need fans that start to spin with very little voltage. The fans I tried initially didn't start up with the low voltage and my inuke would reboot and pop after sitting idle for a while. With regular content playing the fans would spool up and all was fine. I only realized this after using my theater area as a computer screen when working from home without anything playing.

The noctua connectors dont fit side by side on the 6000 as their isn't enough room so you have to rig something up. I cut the wires to my stock fans and used them with the spare extension wires that come with the noctuas to make these. I looked up what color was what in the noctua manual.


I've had no problems since the noctuas start to spin right away even at idle so some air moves through the case at all times while the amp is on.
I used the PWM version of the Noctua on my Inuke6000dsp. The fans ran at full speed as soon as the amp was turned on. I never noticed any increase or decrease in fan speed. The PWM is a superior option to the FLX as it has both higher CFM, and, perhaps more importantly, a higher static pressure rating which means even more airflow across the restriction of the chassis and vents. The rated SPL difference is around 1dB which I find to be meaningless. But the extra airflow on these amps, which are sensitive to reduced airflow, makes them a much better choice for silent cooling.
bear123 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off