"OFFICIAL" 2018 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ (Posts 1-8) - Page 100 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2275Likes

post #2971 of 4278 Old 04-13-2019, 04:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1060 Post(s)
Liked: 361
Is there anyone following this thread who owns both a Denon X6500 and a Panasonic UB420/820/9000 UHD player who also subscribes to Netflix (with 4K/UHD)? If so, could you verify whether or not you're receiving Dolby Atmos from the UHD player's Netflix app for appropriate titles (such as "The Highwaymen")? Thanks!

JVC NX7, Yamaha RX-A3080 (7.2.4 speaker layouts: Dolby Atmos & DTS:X), Panasonic UB820, Oppo 103D, ATV4K, Roku Ultra, TiVo Bolt Vox, Vandersteen Model 3 Signatures & VCC-1 Signature, SVS SB-2000 (2), Clark Synthesis Tactile Bass Transducers (2), Polk PSW-12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2972 of 4278 Old 04-13-2019, 05:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2170 Post(s)
Liked: 2190
Quote:
Originally Posted by docrog View Post
Is there anyone following this thread who owns both a Denon X6500 and a Panasonic UB420/820/9000 UHD player who also subscribes to Netflix (with 4K/UHD)? If so, could you verify whether or not you're receiving Dolby Atmos from the UHD player's Netflix app for appropriate titles (such as "The Highwaymen")? Thanks!

Whether you can receive Dolby Atmos audio from Netflix depends on the device you are using to initiate the stream (i.e., either the display or the Blu-ray player or other media streamer). According to the current Netflix device list, Panasonic BDP's are not supported.

Which devices support Dolby Atmos audio with Netflix?

The following devices support Dolby Atmos with Netflix. For exact device models with Dolby Atmos available, please visit the device manufacturer's website.
  • Apple TV 4K (requires tvOS 12 or later)
  • LG OLED TVs (2017 or newer models)
  • Panasonic TVs (2019 or newer models)
  • Pixela 4K Smart Tuner
  • Sharp TVs (2019 or newer models)
  • Sony BRAVIA Android TVs (2018 or newer models)
  • Toshiba TVs (2019 or newer models)
  • Vizio TVs (2018 or newer models)
  • Windows 10 computer or tablet (requires Windows 10 RS3 Build 16299 or later)
  • Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X
Madmax67 likes this.

Living Room: Sony XBR-65Z9D; Oppo UDP-203; Nvidia Shield TV; Roku Ultra; Denon AVR-X8500H (9.1.4/13.1); Polk Audio RTiA7 (Fl/r), CSiA6 (C), RTiA5 (Sl/r & FW), OWM5 (SB), 80F/X-RT (FH, RH); SVS SB-2000 (SW)
Bedroom: Sony XBR-55HX929, DarbeeVision DVP 5000S, Amazon Fire TV 4K, Yamaha R-N402 Network Receiver, Polk Audio LSiM703
post #2973 of 4278 Old 04-13-2019, 05:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfa973 View Post
Probably the Auto OFF feature of the subwoofer kicks in.
At what level the volume knob on the subwoofer is set?
After calibration, what is the level shown in the receiver setup for the subwoofer output?
The volume on the subwoofer is set at just 1/3 from that subwoofer matching sequence right before audyseey calibration goes speaker to speaker. The level after calibration is -3.5 db. Once it goes into standby / red light on the subwoofer comes on then it had been nothing would wake it up except resetting the Denon. For example going into the level settings under manual won't produce any sound from the subwoofer like it does from the rest of the speakers.

However... I hooked up an Xbox One X earlier and just now witnessed the subwoofer coming back from deep hibernation when playing a show with dolby atmos on the Xbox netflix app. Previously none of the other inputs would seem to wake it up but it's working right now - knock on wood 3 times...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2974 of 4278 Old 04-13-2019, 05:21 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
After running Audyssey, you want the final Subwoofer trim set close to 0dB such that when the sub is set to AUTO mode, it will more reliably kick on and stay on. If it's set close to or at -12dB, you'll want to reduce the gain on the sub (ie. if currently set to 12 o'clock, then reset to about 9 o'clock, or if set at 9 o'clock then lower to 7 o'clock) and run Audyssey again. If after running Audyssey it is set to about -6dB and you want a little more oomph!, then simply go into Manual Setup - Test Tones - Subwoofer (or use the Subwoofer Level Adjust) and reset it closer to 0dB, say about -2dB/-1dB/0dB.
Ah, interesting. Right now its at 1/3 volume on the subwoofer for -3.5 db level adjustment from Audyssey. I'll try adjusting those if it starts going back into deep sleep again.

Do you think there is any chance those other bass related settings under the Audio / Audyssey menu are contributing to the problem? Options like Dynamic EQ, Dynamic Volume and Audyssey LFC? The latter two are currently off and right now its miraculously working.
post #2975 of 4278 Old 04-13-2019, 11:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_guy50 View Post
Whether you can receive Dolby Atmos audio from Netflix depends on the device you are using to initiate the stream (i.e., either the display or the Blu-ray player or other media streamer). According to the current Netflix device list, Panasonic BDP's are not supported.

The following devices support Dolby Atmos with Netflix. For exact device models with Dolby Atmos available, please visit the device manufacturer's website.
  • Pixela 4K Smart Tuner
I'm just unable to understand why people post responses to my questions without understanding that I'm seeking advice from a specific group of individuals: Netflix subscribing owners of BOTH the UB820 and the Denon AVR X series. It's totally irrelevant as to what compatible equipment is currently being listed, as I'm aware of multiple individuals who have shown that they receive Dolby Atmos in the Netflix app of the UB820. These include owners of the X6300 & X6800. I'm trying to decide whether to upgrade to the Denon X6400/6500 from my Yamaha RX-A3050 (which only receives Netflix in DD 5.1 from the UB820, while it does receive Netflix Atmos from my ATV4K). I'll keep hoping that some owners of the device configuration chime in here over the next few days.

Last edited by docrog; 04-13-2019 at 11:47 AM.
post #2976 of 4278 Old 04-13-2019, 02:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1956 Post(s)
Liked: 1149
Quote:
Quote:

• Pixela 4K Smart Tuner
I'm just unable to understand why people post responses to my questions without understanding that I'm seeking advice from a specific group of individuals: Netflix subscribing owners of BOTH the UB820 and the Denon AVR X series. It's totally irrelevant as to what compatible equipment is currently being listed, as I'm aware of multiple individuals who have shown that they receive Dolby Atmos in the Netflix app of the UB820. These include owners of the X6300 & X6800. I'm trying to decide whether to upgrade to the Denon X6400/6500 from my Yamaha RX-A3050 (which only receives Netflix in DD 5.1 from the UB820, while it does receive Netflix Atmos from my ATV4K). I'll keep hoping that some owners of the device configuration chime in here over the next few days.
Your question belongs in the UB820 thread and not here as all the recievers you mentioned including your own Yamaha supports Atmos. Not sure why you are asking here in the first place bc the issue/device in your chain that doesnt do atmos is the 820 and not your receiver bc atv gives you atmos with it. The x6400 and x6500 will also give you atmos as long as they are capable along with your bd player. Sounds like your 820 isnt capable so end of story unless someone in that thread tells you otherwise.

Best,
Main Living Room: Samsung 65 KS9800 + Denon X4500H 11.1 + Sony UBP-X800 + PS4
Other Living Room: Panasonic Plasma 55 + Onkyo Home Theater System 5.1 + PS3
Discs For SALE : 4Ks And 2Ks!
post #2977 of 4278 Old 04-13-2019, 03:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0rnarian View Post
Your question belongs in the UB820 thread and not here as all the recievers you mentioned including your own Yamaha supports Atmos. Not sure why you are asking here in the first place bc the issue/device in your chain that doesnt do atmos is the 820 and not your receiver bc atv gives you atmos with it. The x6400 and x6500 will also give you atmos as long as they are capable along with your bd player. Sounds like your 820 isnt capable so end of story unless someone in that thread tells you otherwise.
Why are you bothering to enter this dialogue? Do you have the 2 devices in question? If you do have a UB820 and are an owner of a X6400/6500/6800 (the purpose of this thread), then you can provide me with your expertise; if not, then you're not providing real world evidence. This isn't theoretical; either Netflix provides Atmos with the Denon AVR or it doesn't, irrespective of what devices "officially" are listed. I'm looking for someone who has a UB820 and an X6400/6500/6800 to tell me they don't get Atmos, since I'm aware that at least one owner of an X6800 and an X6300 have confirmed that they DO. The ATV4K (with Atmos) isn't as desirable a Netflix streamer with my JVC projector as the UB820 would be, because of its ability to tone map. I'm seeking to use Netflix Atmos audio PLUS the UB820's HDR OPtimizer and will purchase a Denon X series AVR if that capability exists for all X series owners who could provide that information.

Last edited by docrog; 04-13-2019 at 03:45 PM.
post #2978 of 4278 Old 04-13-2019, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Someone please help me understand ARC

Currently, all my sources are connected via HDMI to my AVR-S640H. Another HDMI cable goes from the Denon to my ARC capable TV, Vizio E-70-C3. I mostly watch my cable TV source and use the TV speakers to listen, without turning the Denon on. When i use the DVD player or watch a movie through Apple TV, I turn the Denon on for surround sound. When I watch other cable TV content (think HBO Game of Thrones), I turn the Denon on for surround sound.

When I'm using the TV without the Denon, I use my TV remote to control the TV. When I want surround, I use the TV remote to control the TV and use the Denon remote to control the sound.

I don't want to power up the Denon to watch simple cable TV.

I don't mind the above set-up. Using the 2 remotes is not a hassle.

1. Is the ARC function something I'm already using but don't know it?
2. If I'm not, would using ARC benefit me?
3. If it would, how would it?
4. Would it require changing any of my current preferences? (like not having to have the Denon on for simple cable TV watching).

Sorry, a few more questions

If I connect my sources to the TV instead of the Denon (perhaps a better picture since it omits another set of circuits), would I need to set up ARC or could I use an optical cable from the TV to the Denon to get surround? Would the surround source material pass through the TV through the optical cable, or through ARC for that matter?

Again, my goal is to not have the Denon on to watch simple cable TV shows using the TV speakers, nor have to turn the Denon on to switch sources. (I have a Hi-Res audio player that obviously won't be connected to the TV). I currently can switch sources without turning the Denon on.

Thanks to anyone brave enough to tackle this!
post #2979 of 4278 Old 04-13-2019, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Biamping or bridging Fronts

First post to this forum so I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place or has been covered before. I recently purchased the Denon X4500H and it's driving my array of Polk RTi series speakers. I have Rti12's for the fronts and i've always wanted to biamp them as i don't feel that i get their full potential with the 125 watts that the receiver is sending it. I've looked at a Marantz MM7025 to supplement the Denon but i'm not sure if this is the route to go. The Marantz is only putting out 15 watts more on it's two channels than the Denon. What's the best bang for my buck to get the most out of these massive RTi12's?
post #2980 of 4278 Old 04-14-2019, 04:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

What you are failing to grasp, as I have already stated and b0rnarian has emphasized above, is that the crux of your issue is whether the app on the device from which you are streaming Netflix supports Dolby Atmos. Netflix authors that app and has listed those devices on which Atmos is supported; if that list is not up to date, then your hearsay evidence regarding the UB820 may be accurate.

However, ALL the models of the Denon AVR-X series for at least the last three years include a Dolby Atmos decoder, so your question is not relevant to this thread.

Oh, and you are most welcome for the unsolicited feedback!

Living Room: Sony XBR-65Z9D; Oppo UDP-203; Nvidia Shield TV; Roku Ultra; Denon AVR-X8500H (9.1.4/13.1); Polk Audio RTiA7 (Fl/r), CSiA6 (C), RTiA5 (Sl/r & FW), OWM5 (SB), 80F/X-RT (FH, RH); SVS SB-2000 (SW)
Bedroom: Sony XBR-55HX929, DarbeeVision DVP 5000S, Amazon Fire TV 4K, Yamaha R-N402 Network Receiver, Polk Audio LSiM703
post #2981 of 4278 Old 04-14-2019, 06:53 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
It is normal for Marantz and Denon receivers to make the clicking sound if you has it setup in ECO mode and pass over the -30dB volume mark.
Hmm odd because I have Eco mode off and this even occurs at no volume or when it's muted.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
post #2982 of 4278 Old 04-14-2019, 06:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
What you are failing to grasp, as I have already stated and b0rnarian has emphasized above, is that the crux of your issue is whether the app on the device from which you are streaming Netflix supports Dolby Atmos. Netflix authors that app and has listed those devices on which Atmos is supported; if that list is not up to date, then your hearsay evidence regarding the UB820 may be accurate.

However, ALL the models of the Denon AVR-X series for at least the last three years include a Dolby Atmos decoder, so your question is not relevant to this thread.

Oh, and you are most welcome for the unsolicited feedback!
I'm still hoping to get responses from additional owners with Netflix UHD subscriptions who are streaming Netflix from the Panasonic UB820 via the Denon 6400/6500/8500 AVRs. I'm certain that no one would want to unnecessarily spend thousands of dollars on a new AVR only to find out that one's expectations can't be met. Those few responses that I've obtained would only be 'hearsay' if you're prepared to discount their reported Netflix Atmos experiences as falsely made up. I guess that the lack of helpful responses on this thread indicates that no one following here owns a UB820 or has not taken the opportunity to try the Netflix app on that device.

Anyone else is merely needlessly postulating about what is or isn't possible based on (out of date?) published listings. And, regarding your unsolicited feedback, you haven't added a single drop of new information to this thread, but I'm sure that you're pleased to have added yet another post............
post #2983 of 4278 Old 04-14-2019, 07:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherdoggie View Post
First post to this forum so I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place or has been covered before. I recently purchased the Denon X4500H and it's driving my array of Polk RTi series speakers. I have Rti12's for the fronts and i've always wanted to biamp them as i don't feel that i get their full potential with the 125 watts that the receiver is sending it. I've looked at a Marantz MM7025 to supplement the Denon but i'm not sure if this is the route to go. The Marantz is only putting out 15 watts more on it's two channels than the Denon. What's the best bang for my buck to get the most out of these massive RTi12's?

Bi-amping will not serve the purpose since both feeds will come from the same shared power supply. Furthermore, depending on how many speakers your X4500H is currently driving, the actual power per channel is going to be much lower than the rated output of 125W.

Speaking as a fellow RTi speaker owner, what you are looking for is a separate power amplifier that can supply a dedicated 200 to 300 watts per channel, at a minimum. The 2-channel MM7025 is rated at 140W/pc, and thus will not represent the best bang for the buck IMO unless you can get a used one at a substantial discount from its $800 MSRP.

If you are looking for a low-cost barebones solution, professional series amps are often recommended, such as the Crown XLi1500 (330W/pc at 8Ω). But there are many choices and many pros and cons, so your best bet would probably be to look for recommendations either in an amp-related thread or in the Polk Audio thread.
Madmax67 likes this.

post #2984 of 4278 Old 04-14-2019, 07:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm still hoping to get responses from additional owners with Netflix UHD subscriptions who are streaming Netflix from the Panasonic UB820 via the Denon 6400/6500/8500 AVRs. I'm certain that no one would want to unnecessarily spend thousands of dollars on a new AVR only to find out that one's expectations can't be met. Those few responses that I've obtained would only be 'hearsay' if you're prepared to discount their reported Netflix Atmos experiences as falsely made up. I guess that the lack of helpful responses on this thread indicates that no one following here owns a UB820 or has not taken the opportunity to try the Netflix app on that device.

Anyone else is merely needlessly postulating about what is or isn't possible based on (out of date?) published listings. And, regarding your unsolicited feedback, you haven't added a single drop of new information to this thread, but I'm sure that you're pleased to have added yet another post............

I myself have a Netflix UHD streaming subscription and therefore speak with some knowledge regarding the app's performance.

But given your negative attitude toward those of us here who have tried to assist you, I will now bow out of the discussion except to recommend to monitors that it be directed to a more appropriate thread.

post #2985 of 4278 Old 04-14-2019, 07:29 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 1600 Post(s)
Liked: 2178
Quote:
Why are you bothering to enter this dialogue? Do you have the 2 devices in question? If you do have a UB820 and are an owner of a X6400/6500/6800 (the purpose of this thread), then you can provide me with your expertise; if not, then you're not providing real world evidence. This isn't theoretical; either Netflix provides Atmos with the Denon AVR or it doesn't, irrespective of what devices "officially" are listed. I'm looking for someone who has a UB820 and an X6400/6500/6800 to tell me they don't get Atmos, since I'm aware that at least one owner of an X6800 and an X6300 have confirmed that they DO. The ATV4K (with Atmos) isn't as desirable a Netflix streamer with my JVC projector as the UB820 would be, because of its ability to tone map. I'm seeking to use Netflix Atmos audio PLUS the UB820's HDR OPtimizer and will purchase a Denon X series AVR if that capability exists for all X series owners who could provide that information.
Plesae take the discussion to the appropriate UHD player thread.

Thanks
post #2986 of 4278 Old 04-14-2019, 11:25 AM

I have a 2400H - set up with a static IP. If I unplug the unit then plug it back in, I can use the denon app/heos app to control the unit. I can also ping the unit from my pc on my the lan. After about a day, the unit no longer communicates on the lan. The unit can still access the internet - if I turn on the tv and use the remote and navigate to internet music etc, I can still pull and play from the wan, but I can not access the unit via the app or ping the unit on my pc - I get host unreachable, even though the IP shows ac active in my router settings, and the ip shows up in a arp-a pull from command prompt.

Any suggestions as to settings I can change that keep the denon from blocking lan connections?

Thanks,
post #2987 of 4278 Old 04-14-2019, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 702 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22034 Post(s)
Liked: 11949
Quote:
Originally Posted by db2six9 View Post
I have a 2400H - set up with a static IP. If I unplug the unit then plug it back in, I can use the denon app/heos app to control the unit. I can also ping the unit from my pc on my the lan. After about a day, the unit no longer communicates on the lan. The unit can still access the internet - if I turn on the tv and use the remote and navigate to internet music etc, I can still pull and play from the wan, but I can not access the unit via the app or ping the unit on my pc - I get host unreachable, even though the IP shows ac active in my router settings, and the ip shows up in a arp-a pull from command prompt.

Any suggestions as to settings I can change that keep the denon from blocking lan connections?

Thanks,
Oops! Wrong thread. The X2400H is discussed in the 2017 Denon AVR Owner's thread --> https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...sts-1-8-a.html
post #2988 of 4278 Old 04-15-2019, 10:33 AM

Does Cable Quality Matter?

I've recently purchased the X4500H and really want to get the most out of it. I've also purchased an amp to drive the front towers and was wondering if the quality of RCA cables on the pre-outs make a difference? Just wondering if it's worth the extra money for a good set. I would think the most important thing would just be to get shielded cables to avoid interference.

While we're on the subject, is HDMI in the same boat? I see these cables for > $100 at the white-box stores and wonder if it's REALLY any better than the $20 cable I got off Amazon. Thoughts?
post #2989 of 4278 Old 04-15-2019, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2449 Post(s)
Liked: 3387
Quote:
I've recently purchased the X4500H and really want to get the most out of it. I've also purchased an amp to drive the front towers and was wondering if the quality of RCA cables on the pre-outs make a difference? Just wondering if it's worth the extra money for a good set. I would think the most important thing would just be to get shielded cables to avoid interference.

While we're on the subject, is HDMI in the same boat? I see these cables for > $100 at the white-box stores and wonder if it's REALLY any better than the $20 cable I got off Amazon. Thoughts?
I believe these two options are the best value to performance ratio I've found in cables and have been using them for many years without incident: a good read to help you understand as well....good luck.

https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/audio/index.htm

https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store...hdmi-cable.htm
b0rnarian likes this.
post #2990 of 4278 Old 04-15-2019, 12:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1956 Post(s)
Liked: 1149
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
I believe these two options are the best value to performance ratio I've found in cables and have been using them for many years without incident: a good read to help you understand as well....good luck.

https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/audio/index.htm

https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store...hdmi-cable.htm
I recently bought an x4500H as well and for a while, the Roku kept having handshake issues and the screen kept blanking out. So I threw every single HDMI I had at it and after 4-5 different cables I ended up trying the one really long BJC cable I had connected to another device and boom, problem solved. So I bought a smaller 3 Foot BJC Hdmi cable and since then the roku has been flawless. So Im not sure if it was all those HDMI cables I had that work for everything else or the x4500h with new connectors that its a bit finicky but the BJC cables are the ones that work perfectly with it so for me they are the only choice for everything!
giomania and ahblaza like this.

Best,
Main Living Room: Samsung 65 KS9800 + Denon X4500H 11.1 + Sony UBP-X800 + PS4
Other Living Room: Panasonic Plasma 55 + Onkyo Home Theater System 5.1 + PS3
Discs For SALE : 4Ks And 2Ks!
post #2991 of 4278 Old 04-15-2019, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 12
All of a sudden my iphone, ipad and MBP won't connect to the 3500h for airplay. The only message I get on the devices is that Unable to connect to "Denon AVR-X3500H".

I know that networking is correctly setup on the AVR as I can connect to it using the AVR app on the iphone.

Any ideas? I've enabled static lease via the router as well and ensure that the IP displayed on the denon information is the same as the static lease I've setup.

Edit: Weird. Did all the above steps again and it seems to work now. /shrug
post #2992 of 4278 Old 04-15-2019, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 702 Post(s)
Quoted: 22034 Post(s)
Liked: 11949
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayurbhatia View Post
All of a sudden my iphone, ipad and MBP won't connect to the 3500h for airplay. The only message I get on the devices is that Unable to connect to "Denon AVR-X3500H".

I know that networking is correctly setup on the AVR as I can connect to it using the AVR app on the iphone.

Any ideas? I've enabled static lease via the router as well and ensure that the IP displayed on the denon information is the same as the static lease I've setup.

Edit: Weird. Did all the above steps again and it seems to work now. /shrug
As an FYI for you and others … when something strange occurs out of the blue, the first troubleshooting step should always be to refer to post 5 and either do a "RESTART" or "Soft Reset."
mayurbhatia likes this.
post #2993 of 4278 Old 04-16-2019, 02:37 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Liked: 514
The manuals for "S" line 2019 US models have been published and it seems that the big change is HDMI-eARC added:

Quote:
Use an HDMI cable to connect a TV that is compatible with the ARC / eARC function to this unit.
Set “HDMI Control” to “On” or “ARC” to “On” when using a TV that supports the ARC function. (v p. 160)
Using an eARC function-compatible television enables audio playback from the speaker connected to this unit, regardless of “HDMI Control” and “ARC”
settings in the menu
S650H manual

S750H manual

S950H manual

Another change is that the 2019 models support the HDCP 2.3 version (rear panel markings).
giomania and chi_guy50 like this.

"OFFICIAL" 2019 LG C9 Consolidated Info, FAQ, Troubleshooting, Firmware & more
LG 3D TV --- Denon AVR --- Wharfedale speakers --- Emotiva subs --- Media players: Intel NUC 8th & 7th gen i3's with Pulse-Eight internal HDMI-CEC adapters, Kodi on Win10, one remote to rule them all - the TV remote!

Last edited by dfa973; 04-16-2019 at 02:43 AM.
post #2994 of 4278 Old 04-16-2019, 04:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The manuals for "S" line 2019 US models have been published and it seems that the big change is HDMI-eARC added:

S650H manual

S750H manual

S950H manual

Another change is that the 2019 models support the HDCP 2.3 version (rear panel markings).

The most interesting tidbit there to me is that apparently eARC will function automatically as long as the TV supports it without the need to enable any CEC-related features in the AVR. IDK whether that's going to be standard for eARC or just Denon's methodology, but it stikes me as a very user-friendly implementation.
giomania and bluemoon737 like this.

post #2995 of 4278 Old 04-16-2019, 04:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Liked: 514
Quote:
The most interesting tidbit there to me is that apparently eARC will function automatically as long as the TV supports it without the need to enable any CEC-related features in the AVR. IDK whether that's going to be standard for eARC or just Denon's methodology, but it stikes me as a very user-friendly implementation.
It is not Denon related, it is a feature of HDMI-eARC, the eARC data channel is used for discovery and Audio-EDID, leaving the classic HDMI-CEC and HDMI-ARC features in the back. This should decrease A LOT of the problems that are present on the classic HDMI-ARC and HDMI-CEC (because the CEC bus is also used for device discovery and EDID, regardless of it's ON/OFF status in the setup menu - this hidden usage of CEC is a main source of problems that us users have with devices of different brands that are interconnected).

An HDMI-eARC device will fallback to the classic HDMI-CEC and HDMI-ARC features only if eARC fails.

eARC is one of the greatest wins for HDMI 2.0/2.1 devices!

"OFFICIAL" 2019 LG C9 Consolidated Info, FAQ, Troubleshooting, Firmware & more
LG 3D TV --- Denon AVR --- Wharfedale speakers --- Emotiva subs --- Media players: Intel NUC 8th & 7th gen i3's with Pulse-Eight internal HDMI-CEC adapters, Kodi on Win10, one remote to rule them all - the TV remote!
post #2996 of 4278 Old 04-16-2019, 07:15 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
It is normal for Marantz and Denon receivers to make the clicking sound if you has it setup in ECO mode and pass over the -30dB volume mark.
I figured this out.

I got a new chest freezer in the same area of my AVR and it makes a very similar clicking sound. No issue!

Matt2026 likes this.
post #2997 of 4278 Old 04-16-2019, 08:53 AM
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 6409 Post(s)
Liked: 6404
Quote:

On paper they are probably better, to your eyes I bet you notice no difference. Just make sure they have the badge below......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HDMI.png
Views:	35
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	2553722  
b0rnarian likes this.
post #2998 of 4278 Old 04-16-2019, 09:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 791 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhouse763 View Post
Hmm odd because I have Eco mode off and this even occurs at no volume or when it's muted.

Yes, normal and not "odd" at all. The "clicking" is nothing more than the internal relays. The clicking is not out of the norm. HOWEVER, the clicking every 20 minutes because you have the volume up is not normal and should be looked at.

Main: Mitsubishi 73736|OTA|fireTV|Sony BDP-S1100|Denon AVR4311CI|MartinLogan Preface|Phantom|MartinLogan Encore TF|2 - DIY 12" Subs|Behringer KM750|2 Bass Shaker|APC H15 Power Conditioner|Harmony Hub|Sennheiser RS 160|SMSL B1 BT Rx|Linksys SE2500
MBR: Vizio VF550M|OTA|fireTV3|Sony BDP-S1100|Denon AVR-X1000|Chane A1rx-c|Dayton SAT-BK|MartinLogan Dynamo 300|Belkin Bridge|Belkin PF30|Harmony 550
post #2999 of 4278 Old 04-16-2019, 09:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Quoted: 3656 Post(s)
Liked: 4387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel! View Post
Yes, normal and not "odd" at all. The "clicking" is nothing more than the internal relays. The clicking is not out of the norm. HOWEVER, the clicking every 20 minutes because you have the volume up is not normal and should be looked at.
The clicking can also occurs when switching between listening modes. For instance, with my Marantz SR6013 setup as 5.1.4 with Main Zone as 5.1, I get the clicking sound every time the AVR switch from DD 5.1 to Stereo and Stereo goes up-mixed to DD + Surround because the ATMOS layer kicks in and the receiver turns ON those amps channels. To avoid the clicking, I did setup the main zone as 7.1 with Rear Surrounds as NONE and 4 x ATMOS speakers. Now when switching modes or even when running the test tone with my 5.1.4 speaker layout, there is no clicking sound anymore as the 9 amps are always ON. Same thing I did with my Denon X6500H and there is no clicking sound. The Denon X6500H is setup as 7.1.4.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | 92" Stewart ST100 | Sony VW295ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #3000 of 4278 Old 04-16-2019, 12:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It is not Denon related, it is a feature of HDMI-eARC
Thank you for that helpful clarification.

Quote:
This should decrease A LOT of the problems that are present on the classic HDMI-ARC and HDMI-CEC.
And that is precisely why I singled out this bit of information as especially interesting.
dfa973 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
calibrate , dali alteco , Denon , denon 4500h , denon avr-x4500h , denon x3500 , heco victa 500 , onkyo ts-xr507 , sound , tear ax3000 , testing

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page