Hey all, I need help badly
. I searched a bunch but nothing I found has helped.
I bought a brand new 3500H and after going through the Setup Assistant, I'm getting no video output from all sources, only audio and a black screen. I'm trying to connect an Apple TV 4K and PS4 (Non-Pro 4K) to the 3500 which outputs to a Samsung UN65JS8500. My old setup used a Sony STR-DH520 and didn't have any problems so I'm pretty frustrated as I've spent the whole day trying to figure it out.
I'm seeing the Denon logo on all sources where the device is turned off, or no device is plugged in. Once I turn on the device the screen goes black and all I hear is audio. If I enter Setup via the remote, I don't see the Setup UI on the TV until I turn OFF Video Conversion in the Video>Output Settings section.
Here's what I've tried:
- Reset to Factory Settings (3500H) twice going through the Setup Assistant
- Setup up with ARC turned off and on for TV and 3500
- Setup without using the the ARC HDMI inputs on the TV and 3500
- Setup with and without UHD/HDR
- Turned i/p Scaler HDMI off and on
- Tried a bunch of different "High Speed" cables
- Checked like a mad man that I have the right source selected on the TV
I've tried plugging the ATV 4K directly into the TV with the same HDMI cable with no problems, and can get a 4K HDR ouput signal on the TV.
I'm using these HDMI cables, could these be the problem?
- Monoprice Select Active Series High Speed HDMI Cable - [email protected], 10.2Gbps, 28AWG, 10ft, Black
(Yes, I've checked and double checked the Source and Display are at the right ends)
- 3ft 28AWG High Speed HDMI Cable w/Ferrite Cores
Thanks for any help, I'm at my wits end.