"OFFICIAL" 2018 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ (Posts 1-8) - Page 125 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2674Likes

post #3721 of 5439 Old 06-07-2019, 02:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 743 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22618 Post(s)
Liked: 12310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan199 View Post
I just bought an Apple TV 4k and I have a Samsung Q8FN and a Denon X4500H. I use the ARC function for sound and display. Should I connect the ATV to the TV and use ARC or should I connect it directly to the Denon? What are the advantages or disadvantages of each?

If I have a L - C - R & sub setup, will Atmos play or do I need a 5.1 setup?
1. If the ATV can only pass DD+, then it doesn't matter audio wise; however, if it can pass an HD audio codec (ie. Dolby TrueHD or DTS HD), then it should be connected to the AVR (unless of course the Q8FN is eARC capable, then it doesn't matter). Also, note that if the ATV is not connected to the AVR, then there will be no GUI displayed as the video must pass through the AVR for the GUI to display.
2. You need at least a 7.1 or 5.1.2 setup for Atmos.
Dylan199 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3722 of 5439 Old 06-07-2019, 04:36 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDingus View Post
Hey guys heres my set-up

AVR- Denon X3500H
Front- Klipsch RF-600
Center- Klipsch RC-500
Rear- Klipsch KHO-7
Sub- Klipsch R-10SW

I just got the Denon X3500H to replace my Pioneer VSX-822... In theory the Denon should crush my old Pioneer but even after running room calibration the sound feels off to me...

Im newer to the "Home Theatre" game so Im wondering if you guys know any calibration tips or things I may have missed to improve my sound... I bet i'm not giving enough details but Im just not sure what to say or how to describe it... I just know its sounds off..

Are there settings i'm missing? did I do something wrong with my set up...

Everything works fine, i'm just not big on how it sounds and I wanna make sure I set it up and calibrate it properly before I decide to pack it up, take it back to the store and put my old Pioneer back in hahah... I mean this Denon should destroy my Pioneer right?

If you have any questions you need answered to help me I will do my best to answer them... Thanks for all your help guys and girls.. I cant wait to learn more and more about this stuff....

Getting good results from Audyssey involves a few tricks.

I recommend the Audyssey Setup Guide and purchasing the MultEQ Editor App.

There are threads for both of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JustDingus likes this.

Lumagen Radiance Pro HDR Tone Mapping Guide: Click Here

Lumagen Radiance Pro Setup & Calibration Tips: Click Here

UHD-BD Backup & Playback Guidance Link

Last edited by rboster; 06-07-2019 at 06:03 AM.
post #3723 of 5439 Old 06-07-2019, 05:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Liked: 610
Quote:
Hey guys heres my set-up

AVR- Denon X3500H
Front- Klipsch RF-600
Center- Klipsch RC-500
Rear- Klipsch KHO-7
Sub- Klipsch R-10SW

I just got the Denon X3500H to replace my Pioneer VSX-822... In theory the Denon should crush my old Pioneer but even after running room calibration the sound feels off to me...

Im newer to the "Home Theatre" game so Im wondering if you guys know any calibration tips or things I may have missed to improve my sound... I bet i'm not giving enough details but Im just not sure what to say or how to describe it... I just know its sounds off..

Are there settings i'm missing? did I do something wrong with my set up...

Everything works fine, i'm just not big on how it sounds and I wanna make sure I set it up and calibrate it properly before I decide to pack it up, take it back to the store and put my old Pioneer back in hahah... I mean this Denon should destroy my Pioneer right?

If you have any questions you need answered to help me I will do my best to answer them... Thanks for all your help guys and girls.. I cant wait to learn more and more about this stuff....

Setting up Audyssey is the most important thing, and it took me quite a few tries to get it right. Here's a massive paragraph I wrote on what worked for me.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...l#post57892864
JustDingus likes this.

Last edited by rboster; 06-07-2019 at 06:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3724 of 5439 Old 06-07-2019, 08:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks for your suggestions

Awesome thanks guys, I will check out this write up and check out the Audyssey thread...

I think it was more I was in a panic last night that I just spent a bunch of money and wasnt getting the sound I was used to with my old Pioneer lol... The picture on my TV is better for sure I cant complain there but the sound is still off and I was worried I may have made the wrong choice with what AVR I purchased

For me it was Between this and the Marantz SR5013... Im just hoping I made the right choice and I can get this sounding a way im happy with.. Like I said im newer to the home theatre game and I had decent sound before but I wanted to upgrade to a better unit and figured this was a good one to upgrade too... I made the right choice right?...

Should I just return it hahah lol? You know the sounds off when the wife says something hahahaha... I just gotta learn how to set this thing and im sure with your guys help we will be able to figure this out

Thanks for listening boys I really do appreciate it
post #3725 of 5439 Old 06-07-2019, 08:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Just wanted to thank JD and everyone for all the help and continuous support here ..I am close to ordering either the x4400 or x4500
Madmax67 and JustDingus like this.
post #3726 of 5439 Old 06-08-2019, 01:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Awesome thanks guys, I will check out this write up and check out the Audyssey thread...

I think it was more I was in a panic last night that I just spent a bunch of money and wasnt getting the sound I was used to with my old Pioneer lol... The picture on my TV is better for sure I cant complain there but the sound is still off and I was worried I may have made the wrong choice with what AVR I purchased

For me it was Between this and the Marantz SR5013... Im just hoping I made the right choice and I can get this sounding a way im happy with.. Like I said im newer to the home theatre game and I had decent sound before but I wanted to upgrade to a better unit and figured this was a good one to upgrade too... I made the right choice right?...

Should I just return it hahah lol? You know the sounds off when the wife says something hahahaha... I just gotta learn how to set this thing and im sure with your guys help we will be able to figure this out

The SR5013 is the sister model to the X2500H. The X3500H features the much more advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT32 as well as Sub EQ HT (dual sub level/delay) in addition to having more features in general as well.
post #3727 of 5439 Old 06-08-2019, 09:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Need some advice please.

I may be overthinking this, so please bear with me.

We are currently underway on a fairly major backyard renovation and I'm currently looking at my options for outdoor audio and lighting.

I've purchased a pair of Polk Atrium 6 outdoor speakers which I will run as "Zone 2" off of my Denon X3500H surround back speaker terminals. Now that I've heard them (inside), I'm considering adding the gen2 Polk Sub100 to help fill in the low end.

The sub is obviously passive, but it's also a DVC and needs a 2-channel amplified signal, one for each voice coil and preferably 150-200W.

Advice on best tackling this? I was originally looking at adding a Crown XLi800 2-channel amp, but it does not have a crossover. Looked at the Dayton as well. Now I'm wondering if it just makes more sense to buy a second AVR?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. TIA

"the one who has the most fun wins."
post #3728 of 5439 Old 06-08-2019, 10:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 142
DENON X3500H - QUESTION about 3rd PURE setting: “AUTO SURROUND”?

I know what the first two settings do, “DIRECT”, and “PURE DIRECT”, the manual is pretty clear on what is disabled. However the 3rd choice when using the PURE BUTTON is, from the manual:

“AUTO SURROUND:
Auto surround playback This mode detects the type of input digital signal, and automatically selects the corresponding mode for playback. Perform stereo playback when the input signal is PCM. When the input signal is Dolby Digital or DTS, the music is played back according to the respective channel number.”

This setting does NOT seem to disable Audyssey, crossovers, etc. How is this setting related to the other two settings which do seem like a PURE type, which disables those settings for a cleaner signal path. I believe it was BatPig who in an now old post said Denon just stuck this “AUTO” setting under the PURE menu for no logical reason. When would this setting even be applicable or needed? Thanks.

HDTV: Panasonic P55VT50 Plasma
AVR: Denon X3500H
SPEAKERS: Ohm (mains), Chane 2.4 (center), Rythmik F12G (sub), DefTech ProMonitor 80 (sats)
MEDIA PLAYER: Oppo BD83
post #3729 of 5439 Old 06-08-2019, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mactavish View Post
DENON X3500H - QUESTION about 3rd PURE setting: “AUTO SURROUND”?

I know what the first two settings do, “DIRECT”, and “PURE DIRECT”, the manual is pretty clear on what is disabled. However the 3rd choice when using the PURE BUTTON is, from the manual:

“AUTO SURROUND:
Auto surround playback This mode detects the type of input digital signal, and automatically selects the corresponding mode for playback. Perform stereo playback when the input signal is PCM. When the input signal is Dolby Digital or DTS, the music is played back according to the respective channel number.”

This setting does NOT seem to disable Audyssey, crossovers, etc. How is this setting related to the other two settings which do seem like a PURE type, which disables those settings for a cleaner signal path. I believe it was BatPig who in an now old post said Denon just stuck this “AUTO” setting under the PURE menu for no logical reason. When would this setting even be applicable or needed? Thanks.
The AUTO mode is not related to either DIRECT or PURE DIRECT but rather simply is selectable under the PURE button.

If one only has a 5.1 (or less) setup (as is the case for the vast majority of owners), then selecting the AUTO mode would correctly select the DD or DTS setting based on the audio signal being received. Otherwise, with larger setups, you're better served using the "green" MOVIE button and selecting the simulation surround mode you want to use. Thereafter when that signal is received, the surround mode selected would be remembered.
Madmax67 likes this.
post #3730 of 5439 Old 06-08-2019, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by billymac View Post
Need some advice please.

I may be overthinking this, so please bear with me.

We are currently underway on a fairly major backyard renovation and I'm currently looking at my options for outdoor audio and lighting.

I've purchased a pair of Polk Atrium 6 outdoor speakers which I will run as "Zone 2" off of my Denon X3500H surround back speaker terminals. Now that I've heard them (inside), I'm considering adding the gen2 Polk Sub100 to help fill in the low end.

The sub is obviously passive, but it's also a DVC and needs a 2-channel amplified signal, one for each voice coil and preferably 150-200W.

Advice on best tackling this? I was originally looking at adding a Crown XLi800 2-channel amp, but it does not have a crossover. Looked at the Dayton as well. Now I'm wondering if it just makes more sense to buy a second AVR?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. TIA
As Zone 2 only passes 2.0 stereo, the sub would ideally need two sets of speaker posts … to connect the outputs from the AVR and to connect the Zone 2 speakers.
post #3731 of 5439 Old 06-08-2019, 01:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
The AUTO mode is not related to either DIRECT or PURE DIRECT but rather simply is selectable under the PURE button.

If one only has a 5.1 (or less) setup (as is the case for the vast majority of owners), then selecting the AUTO mode would correctly select the DD or DTS setting based on the audio signal being received. Otherwise, with larger setups, you're better served using the "green" MOVIE button and selecting the simulation surround mode you want to use. Thereafter when that signal is received, the surround mode selected would be remembered.
Awesome answer as always, especially the “not related” lead off. I did as much google foo as I could before posting, so that particular menu option was placed there for perhaps convenience, as I mentioned the old BatPig post. My system is using a 7.1 speaker setup, and I rarely use any simulation FX, so using the Denon interface or the Denon app interface, I look to check both input and output sources. Thanks again for the super quick response as always, enjoy your weekend!

HDTV: Panasonic P55VT50 Plasma
AVR: Denon X3500H
SPEAKERS: Ohm (mains), Chane 2.4 (center), Rythmik F12G (sub), DefTech ProMonitor 80 (sats)
MEDIA PLAYER: Oppo BD83
post #3732 of 5439 Old 06-08-2019, 04:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
As Zone 2 only passes 2.0 stereo, the sub would ideally need two sets of speaker posts … to connect the outputs from the AVR and to connect the Zone 2 speakers.
'

/edit

Just went back and reread your post. I think I was misunderstanding it.

Are you suggesting running the two speakers and subwoofer in parallel with the junction box that comes with the sub? Sorry, I may just not be tracking, but really appreciate any guidance you an give. Want to do it right.

My original reply

Thanks for the reply JD. The sub actually does have two sets of binding posts, 1 for each voice coil, so I'm good there.

My dilemma is how best to power the passive subwoofer. It does come with an external "junction box" for splitting off an optional smaller satellite stereo pair in parallel, but I will be running larger 2-way outdoor speakers from the same line. I want to make sure the signal to the subwoofer is low pass and the two-way speakers are full range.

Not sure how best to achieve that.

Last edited by billymac; 06-08-2019 at 04:32 PM.
post #3733 of 5439 Old 06-08-2019, 07:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2229 Post(s)
Liked: 2520
Quote:

I'd rerun Audyssey all 8 mic positions and tighten them up relative to the first one located dead center of where your head would be at the MLP . #2 through 8 mic positions no more than 1 foot or so apart from that primary first location. Also keep any mic measurement location at least 18 inches or so away from any rear boundary or seat back. If not possible then place a fluffy blanket or pillows over the seatback or covering the close rear boundary wall. I usually take my last 2 measurements a foot or so above the number 2 and 3 ones located at each ear. Kind of like a bubble pattern. HTH.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html

Last edited by Madmax67; 06-08-2019 at 07:38 PM.
post #3734 of 5439 Old 06-09-2019, 07:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I did a bunch of reading online from owners of the previous generation Polk Atrium Garden system, Atrium Sub10 and current generation Sub100 owners and it looks like I've been overthinking it.

Both the Atrium 6 two-way and Sub100 are 8-Ohms and since the sub is DVC and has two sets of speaker posts, I'll be running a 4-Ohm load via 4-conductor on each of the X3500H's surround back L&R channels by connecting in parallel.

So it would seem that it will simply come down to whether or not this will be enough to drive the passive subwoofer.

Any guestimates on wattage I'll be able to realize to the subwoofer in this configuration with the X3500? I'll essentially be running 2 speakers in parallel on each of the zone 2 stereo channels.

There are positives reports from people using the Sonos Connect Amp in my desired speaker configuration, which is reported at 55Wpc at 8-Ohm and ~125W at 4-Ohm. Sub is rated at 200W. This leads me to believe that I'd be happy with the results, given my application, backyard area and speaker placement. Not trying to piss off my neighbors, just want it to sound decent at low to mid volume levels.

Am I on the right track here? Trying to avoid having to buy a separate power amp if possible.

TIA

Last edited by billymac; 06-09-2019 at 07:51 AM.
post #3735 of 5439 Old 06-09-2019, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Having an issue with my Denon 3500h and hoping for some guidance

Zone 1 - HDMI Arc out to Family room TV with 5.1
Zone 2 - HDMI Zone 2 out to Patio TV with Left/Right speakers

Zone 1 is working fine. Zone 2 speakers are connected to surround back left/right speaker terminals. I checked and the amp assign mode is set to Zone 2 however I do not get an audio signal from the selected source to output to my Zone 2 speakers. Video from the source to my Zone 2 TV is fine.

I have the Denon IOS app installed and from what I can tell the Zone 2 sound mode defaults to whatever sound mode is selected for Zone 1. How do I get Zone 2 to recognize the speakers connected to surround back terminals? I do not see an option to change the sound mode from within the app or from going into settings.

thanks,
Dan
post #3736 of 5439 Old 06-09-2019, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by billymac View Post
I did a bunch of reading online from owners of the previous generation Polk Atrium Garden system, Atrium Sub10 and current generation Sub100 owners and it looks like I've been overthinking it.

Both the Atrium 6 two-way and Sub100 are 8-Ohms and since the sub is DVC and has two sets of speaker posts, I'll be running a 4-Ohm load via 4-conductor on each of the X3500H's surround back L&R channels by connecting in parallel.

So it would seem that it will simply come down to whether or not this will be enough to drive the passive subwoofer.

Any guestimates on wattage I'll be able to realize to the subwoofer in this configuration with the X3500? I'll essentially be running 2 speakers in parallel on each of the zone 2 stereo channels.

There are positives reports from people using the Sonos Connect Amp in my desired speaker configuration, which is reported at 55Wpc at 8-Ohm and ~125W at 4-Ohm. Sub is rated at 200W. This leads me to believe that I'd be happy with the results, given my application, backyard area and speaker placement. Not trying to piss off my neighbors, just want it to sound decent at low to mid volume levels.

Am I on the right track here? Trying to avoid having to buy a separate power amp if possible.

TIA
The AVR is not designed to power a passive sub and certainly not with both zones active at one time. I'd purchase the separate amp.
post #3737 of 5439 Old 06-09-2019, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by funs View Post

Zone 1 is working fine. Zone 2 speakers are connected to surround back left/right speaker terminals. I checked and the amp assign mode is set to Zone 2 however I do not get an audio signal from the selected source to output to my Zone 2 speakers. Video from the source to my Zone 2 TV is fine.

I have the Denon IOS app installed and from what I can tell the Zone 2 sound mode defaults to whatever sound mode is selected for Zone 1. How do I get Zone 2 to recognize the speakers connected to surround back terminals? I do not see an option to change the sound mode from within the app or from going into settings.

thanks,
Dan
In order for HDMI audio to pass to Zone 2 it must be PCM 2.0 from the source, otherwise, the only other option is to select "OPTION - ALL ZONE STEREO" which would downmix the audio in both zones to stereo 2.0.
post #3738 of 5439 Old 06-09-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
In order for HDMI audio to pass to Zone 2 it must be PCM 2.0 from the source, otherwise, the only other option is to select "OPTION - ALL ZONE STEREO" which would downmix the audio in both zones to stereo 2.0.
Ah thanks for the reply. I guess my only option then is run coax or an optical cable to the avr. Not sure it's even worth it so will use the built in TV speakers for now and the outdoor speakers for Airplay. Are there any other options I need to consider?
post #3739 of 5439 Old 06-09-2019, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Ah thanks for the reply. I guess my only option then is run coax or an optical cable to the avr. Not sure it's even worth it so will use the built in TV speakers for now and the outdoor speakers for Airplay. Are there any other options I need to consider?
An analog cable from the source is also an option.
post #3740 of 5439 Old 06-09-2019, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 4815 Post(s)
Liked: 2850
Quote:

thanks,
Dan
You seem to have the correct Zone 2 Amp Assign settings, but to be complete:
Instructions for using the Surround Back speaker binding posts (i.e. choosing the appropriate Amp Assign selection) to drive Zone 2 speakers start on page 141 of the AVR-X3500H owner's manual, which can be downloaded from http://manuals.denon.com/avrx3500h/na/en. See also page 192. (Read page 191 first.)

Zone 2 can handle only a stereo (2.0) signal. If it is sent a 5.1 signal, the Zone 2 speakers will be silent. I suspect this is what you are experiencing.

If you want Zone 2 to be sent the same audio as is being sent to the Main Zone (i.e. if the same receiver input signal is selected for both), then the Main Zone audio also must/will be 2.0.

There are several alternative ways to ensure that Zone 2 receives 2.0 audio when the same audio is being sent to the Main Zone:
1. select a receiver input which is naturally 2.0 (e.g. one of its analog inputs)
2. select stereo (pcm) audio output in the source device (e.g. in the TV).
3. select "All Zone Stereo" in the receiver. (See page 114 of the owner's manual.)
4. select the "HDMI Audio" setting "PCM". (See page 215.)

If the Main Zone and Zone 2 input selections are not the same, then you can listen to 5.1 in the Main Zone and 2.0 in Zone 2.

If you select Airplay input for Zone 2, it will hijack the Main Zone, too, but you can then reselect the correct input for the Main Zone while Airplay continues to use Zone 2.
Madmax67 likes this.

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
post #3741 of 5439 Old 06-09-2019, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post
Instructions for using the Surround Back speaker binding posts (i.e. choosing the appropriate Amp Assign selection) to drive Zone 2 speakers start on page 141 of the AVR-X3500H owner's manual, which can be downloaded from http://manuals.denon.com/avrx3500h/na/en. See also page 192. (Read page 191 first.)

Zone 2 can handle only a stereo (2.0) signal. If it is sent a 5.1 signal, the Zone 2 speakers will be silent. I suspect this is what you are experiencing.

If you want Zone 2 to be sent the same audio as is being sent to the Main Zone (i.e. if the same receiver input signal is selected for both), then the Main Zone audio also must/will be 2.0.

There are several alternative ways to ensure that Zone 2 receives 2.0 audio when the same audio is being sent to the Main Zone:
1. select a receiver input which is naturally 2.0 (e.g. one of its analog inputs)
3. select "All Zone Stereo" in the receiver. (See page 114 of the owner's manual.)

If the Main Zone and Zone 2 input selections are not the same, then you can listen to 5.1 in the Main Zone and 2.0 in Zone 2.

If you select Airplay input for Zone 2, it will hijack the Main Zone, too, but you can then reselect the correct input for the Main Zone while Airplay continues to use Zone 2.
Item 4 does not down mix 5.1 audio to 2.0.
post #3742 of 5439 Old 06-09-2019, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post

Thank you. I was able to get the zone 2 speakers to work after selecting All Zone Stereo. That's a nice feature if watching the same program/source on both TVs. I would like to view/listen to two different sources at the same time so I need to figure out the best way to feed zone 2 stereo 2.0.

I also use Airplay quite a bit and it works fine on Zone 1 and 2. I thought Airplay was a digital signal so how is that able to work with zone 2?
post #3743 of 5439 Old 06-10-2019, 02:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thank you. I was able to get the zone 2 speakers to work after selecting All Zone Stereo. That's a nice feature if watching the same program/source on both TVs. I would like to view/listen to two different sources at the same time so I need to figure out the best way to feed zone 2 stereo 2.0.

I also use Airplay quite a bit and it works fine on Zone 1 and 2. I thought Airplay was a digital signal so how is that able to work with zone 2?
Although the X3500H is the lowest model that can pass digital 2.0 audio over HDMI/optical/coax digital to Zone 2 independent from the main zone, all network models can pass network audio (eg. Airplay) independently to Zone 2.
post #3744 of 5439 Old 06-10-2019, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Volume Issue Using Denon Receiver - Samsung TV

Hi Everyone,

What a great forum, lots of info to be found, however haven't found anything on this issue I'm having.

When using the Receiver watching regular TV - Sound and Volume is great. When watching a Blu-Ray or DVD sound and volume is great.

When using the smart TV Apps, the volume is lower, I have to turn it up quite a bit and when I do, the sound quality isn't there, it sounds muted or muffled. I am using the following apps on the TV - Netflix, Spotify and Vudu.

Here's my setup :

Receiver - Denon : X1500

Speakers - Def Tech : Front - BP9040's Center - PC1000 Surround - SR9040's Height - A90's

TV - Samsung : UN50MU6300FXZA
post #3745 of 5439 Old 06-10-2019, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyz666 View Post
Yep it is.

It must be a software bug because as I said if I enter setup menu and change output level of those speakers they would be highlighted again Strange
I've been experiencing this issue as well. I was re-watching A Star is Born UHD and for some reason, this title displayed the TM speakers as active. Give this title a try and let's see if you can verify it worked for you as well.

Epson5040UB - DragonFly DFM Tab 92HC High Contrast (.9 gain) 16:9 Screen - Denon AVRS740H - Klipsch Quintet V +
Klipsch KHC-6 In-Ceiling (Atmos 5.2.2) with Polk PSW110 Sub & Monoprice Premium Select 8" Sub (via iFinity Wireless Audio) - Panasonic UB820 - PS3
post #3746 of 5439 Old 06-10-2019, 02:49 PM
Advanced Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jairman88 View Post
Hi Everyone,

What a great forum, lots of info to be found, however haven't found anything on this issue I'm having.

When using the Receiver watching regular TV - Sound and Volume is great. When watching a Blu-Ray or DVD sound and volume is great.

When using the smart TV Apps, the volume is lower, I have to turn it up quite a bit and when I do, the sound quality isn't there, it sounds muted or muffled. I am using the following apps on the TV - Netflix, Spotify and Vudu.

Here's my setup :

Receiver - Denon : X1500

Speakers - Def Tech : Front - BP9040's Center - PC1000 Surround - SR9040's Height - A90's

TV - Samsung : UN50MU6300FXZA
hi you can go into each source and raise level from 0 db up to + 12 db and you can do that for each source
Madmax67 likes this.

klipsch klf-30 s Vizio p65
klipsch klf c-7 x 2
klipsch klf-20 s
onkyo tx Nr-818 soon denonx4500
3 crown xls 2502 1 xls 1502, HSU vtf-15 Mk 2
post #3747 of 5439 Old 06-10-2019, 02:55 PM
Advanced Member

so JD ,i went today to a local store and played with the x3500 priced at 799 $ and thought sounded great and that was just a quick uncalibrated test with their klipsch rf 28 speakers .
so now is the x4500 with AL 32 that much different ? like 700 $ more worthy you think? music is more important to me but the x4500 here in canada is 1499 on amazon...i am so tempted in ordering

klipsch klf-30 s Vizio p65
klipsch klf c-7 x 2
klipsch klf-20 s
onkyo tx Nr-818 soon denonx4500
3 crown xls 2502 1 xls 1502, HSU vtf-15 Mk 2
post #3748 of 5439 Old 06-10-2019, 03:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCA View Post
Ok. Thanks.

Based on your experience, if I use this audio extractor on zone 1 or zone 2 HDMI, would this allow me to extract audio (when needed) without hurting my 4k signal to my TV?

Thank you again in advance.

4K HDMI Audio Extractor,Aerctor HDMI to HDMI + Optical Toslink(SPDIF) + RCA(L/R) Stereo Analog Outputs Video Audio Splitter Converter Support 4K,Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BSKT1VD..._tQx-CbPPF701Y
Anyone who may have used an HDMI audio extractor, could you provide some input?

1. Will this change the audio setting of Zone 1 in Denon 3500h? The reason I am asking is that the extracted audio will be two channel analog out. Will that force Zone 1 audio setting on the AVR (x3500h) to be 2 Chanel audio as well?

2. If I place the HDMI audio extractor on zone 2, would I be able to extract two channel analog audio without changing the zone 1 audio setting in the AVR? Zone two audio amplifier will be used for 7.2 configuration. Since I am not planning to have zone 2 TV, I am hoping that it will allow me to control this volume using Denon remote. True?

Any other idea to drive a separate amplifier for another area from 3500h without using zone 2 output?

Thanks
post #3749 of 5439 Old 06-10-2019, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by malmstump View Post
so JD ,i went today to a local store and played with the x3500 and thought sounded great and that was just a quick uncalibrated test with their klipsch rf 28 speakers .
so now is the x4500 with AL 32 that much different ? like $ more worthy you think? music is more important to me but the x4500 here in canada is 1499 on amazon...i am so tempted in ordering
First no price discussion in other than the "Deals" sticky thread.

If you don't need any of the additional features provided with the X4500H, the X3500H will serve you well.
malmstump likes this.
post #3750 of 5439 Old 06-10-2019, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmstump View Post
hi you can go into each source and raise level from 0 db up to + 12 db and you can do that for each source
Thanks for the reply and info.

I'm not exactly sure how to do that.
malmstump likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
calibrate , dali alteco , Denon , denon 4500h , denon avr-x4500h , denon x3500 , earc , heco victa 500 , lg b8 , onkyo ts-xr507 , sound , speakers , tear ax3000 , testing

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page