"OFFICIAL" 2018 Denon "S-Series" / "X-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ (Posts 1-8) - Page 98 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2275Likes

post #2911 of 4278 Old 04-04-2019, 09:02 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 600 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayw View Post
I have a TiVo mini. Previous generation (1080P) since the recordings at all less than 4k, didn't see the need to a 4K TiVo given that all my streaming is through a 4K apple tv. I'm willing to try a new TiVo Mini Vox (4K) if I cannot resolve this with any of the current issues. Question for giomania, did you see this sort of issue - ie. no audio, and starting/stopping restoring it?

My issue is intermittent (~several in a minute) audio stutters that last for about 1-2 seconds, as well as less frequent (~every 10 minutes) audio and video blanking that last about 5 seconds.

Jim Peterson of Lumagen says that Hybrid fiber cables have a lot of audio jitter, for whatever that is worth.

I don’t watch TV that much so I haven’t been diligent about troubleshooting further but I want to try sending out PCM vice Dolby Digital bitstream from the TiVo to see if that helps.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2912 of 4278 Old 04-04-2019, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 702 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22037 Post(s)
Liked: 11950
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardman1 View Post
Can a x4500H have 3 independent zones playing 3 different Heos stations/options at same time? Pandora on 1, Amazon on 2, Spotify on 3? Anyone try it?
No, rather only one networking source at a time.
post #2913 of 4278 Old 04-05-2019, 06:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayw View Post
OK. So, I tried a new cable - and a different port. Same behavior. Tried locking in the resolution - already was. So, at this point not sure what else to try. This did NOT occur on the previous Denon X1000. It's new to this receiver.

Any other ideas? Would "upgrading" to a newer TiVo Mini Vox 4K have a better shot of syncing right?
I originally had a Denon 5200 and a Tivo Mini 1080p. No issues. I upgraded to the Mini 4k and it worked fine on the 5200. But when I upgraded to the Denon 6500, I started getting drop-outs of both audio and video - several times in a 5 minute span, each lasting about 3-5 seconds. Clear sign of an HDMI sync issue. Tried many things to solve it, including new cables, but what seemed to fix it was locking in the Tivo’s video res at 4k and setting the startup sequence (using Harmony remote) to Receiver, TV then Tivo. Sometimes, if the Harmony “glitches” and the startup sequence doesn’t happen in order, I get drop-outs and have to turn everything off and then back on again. So, as others have mentioned, startup sequence is important. I don’t know if upgrading your Tivo Mini to 4k will help, but it probably won’t hurt. It appears that this series of Denon receivers is just much more sensitive to HDMI handshaking protocols than previous generations. FWIW, all my Harmony activities start with turning on the receiver, waiting 2 seconds, then turning on the tv and, finally, turning on the source device. Also, I turned off the Denon HDMI Control and Smart Menu features. They were nothing but a mess and caused all kinds of handshake issues on every source device. So that might be worth a look as well. Good luck!
giomania likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2914 of 4278 Old 04-05-2019, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Has anyone tried making Siri shortcuts yet to control the receiver through the web control page?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denon AVRx4500
Klipsch RF-7 ii, RS-42, RB-62 ii, SVS PB-2000
2011 Samsung Plasma
post #2915 of 4278 Old 04-06-2019, 05:49 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi guys,

I've got a bit weird issue with the Denon AVR-X4500H for a week now. I don't get any audio from Netflix or Amazon Prime Video when streaming 5.1 content. When playing stereo content all is OK, but when I choose to play any movie which shows 5.1 audio, nothing is output.
I have a Panasonic DP-UB820 which supports both Netflix and Amazon. Initially I thought it's the BD player that has issues with the Amazon and Netflix app, because when I change the sound setting of the player from Bitstream to PCM, I get audio, but only stereo encoded.

I have plugged in my chromecast into the AVR HDMI for media player though, and I get the same issue - when casting netflix 5.1 I have no audio, but if I cast netflix 2.0 show, then all is OK.

When I play BD disc, or DVD on the player, which is 5.1 PCM audio, all is good as well
I have plugged in my laptop over HDMI and played netflix 5.1 output is OK if I run it via the browser. The Denon shows "Signal: PCM", but if I run it via the Netflix windows app, it shows "Signal: PCM ZERO" or "UNKNOWN".

Any clues or similar issue?

BD-Player: Panasonic DP_UB820
AVR: Denon AVR-X4500H
post #2916 of 4278 Old 04-06-2019, 06:50 AM

∫ Digital Audio Output
Press [OK] to show the following settings:
􀁨 Dolby Audio
􀁨 DTS/DTS-HD
􀁨MPEG Audio
Select the audio signal to output.
≥ Select “PCM”, when the connected
equipment cannot decode the respective
audio format. This unit decodes the audio
format and transmits to the connected
equipment.
≥ If you do not make proper settings the audio
may be static or noisy

∫ Downmix
Select the downmix system of multi-channel to
2-channel sound.
≥ Select “Surround encoded”, when the
connected equipment supports the virtual
surround function.
≥ The downmix effect is not available when
“Digital Audio Output” is set to “Bitstream”.
≥ The audio will be output in “Stereo” in the
following cases:
– AVCHD playback
– Playback of secondary audio (including the
button click sound).

perhaps helpful for you.
post #2917 of 4278 Old 04-06-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbirdie View Post
∫ Digital Audio Output
Press [OK] to show the following settings:
􀁨 Dolby Audio
􀁨 DTS/DTS-HD
􀁨MPEG Audio
Select the audio signal to output.
≥ Select “PCM”, when the connected
equipment cannot decode the respective
audio format. This unit decodes the audio
format and transmits to the connected
equipment.
≥ If you do not make proper settings the audio
may be static or noisy

∫ Downmix
Select the downmix system of multi-channel to
2-channel sound.
≥ Select “Surround encoded”, when the
connected equipment supports the virtual
surround function.
≥ The downmix effect is not available when
“Digital Audio Output” is set to “Bitstream”.
≥ The audio will be output in “Stereo” in the
following cases:
– AVCHD playback
– Playback of secondary audio (including the
button click sound).

perhaps helpful for you.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your post. This is what I've been describing in my post that when I change the setting from Bitstream to PCM it works, but it works as 2.0 stereo only, so it is a partial workaround, but it is definitely not a solution.

I don't see any point into downmixing from 5.1 to 2.0 and then get the AVR to 're-imagine' the audio to a 5.1 channel. In fact this is frustrating as the Denon is supposed to be able to handle all modern audio formats, including IMAX enhanced audio. What is more frustrating is that it was working OK last week, so I though that Netflix and / or Amazon has been fiddling with their online service, but it does not really seem to be the problem with the streaming services.

post #2918 of 4278 Old 04-06-2019, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Angelov View Post
Hi guys,

I've got a bit weird issue with the Denon AVR-X4500H for a week now. I don't get any audio from Netflix or Amazon Prime Video when streaming 5.1 content. When playing stereo content all is OK, but when I choose to play any movie which shows 5.1 audio, nothing is output.
I have a Panasonic DP-UB820 which supports both Netflix and Amazon. Initially I thought it's the BD player that has issues with the Amazon and Netflix app, because when I change the sound setting of the player from Bitstream to PCM, I get audio, but only stereo encoded.

I have plugged in my chromecast into the AVR HDMI for media player though, and I get the same issue - when casting netflix 5.1 I have no audio, but if I cast netflix 2.0 show, then all is OK.

When I play BD disc, or DVD on the player, which is 5.1 PCM audio, all is good as well
I have plugged in my laptop over HDMI and played netflix 5.1 output is OK if I run it via the browser. The Denon shows "Signal: PCM", but if I run it via the Netflix windows app, it shows "Signal: PCM ZERO" or "UNKNOWN".

Any clues or similar issue?
Does playing a DD/DTS 5.1 BD with the player set to "bitstream" work? Ensure the firmware of the UB820 is current. Try connecting the HDMI cable to the HDMI(CD) input.

Refer to post 5 and do a "soft reset" of the AVR.
post #2919 of 4278 Old 04-06-2019, 07:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 19
So I’ve got HDMI running from HDMI 3 ARC on my Sony 900F to Monitor 1 ARC on my Denon X3500H, but I don’t get any audio when watching Netflix via app on the 900F. Why? What input should the Denon be switched to?
post #2920 of 4278 Old 04-06-2019, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've tried several different searches and I'm not sure if I'm not using the right phrases or this sites search tool isn't very good. But, I'm considering getting a HEOS AVR in order to either use HEOS speakers or the HEOS amps to power my current rear surround speakers in a 5.1 setup.

For those that are using HEOS for the rear surround, how's it working for you? Any issues? Would you highly recommend it for those that don't want to run wires or simply want the flexibility of rearranging rooms without worrying about the cables?

TIA for the help.
post #2921 of 4278 Old 04-07-2019, 01:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbob2k2 View Post
I've tried several different searches and I'm not sure if I'm not using the right phrases or this sites search tool isn't very good. But, I'm considering getting a HEOS AVR in order to either use HEOS speakers or the HEOS amps to power my current rear surround speakers in a 5.1 setup.

For those that are using HEOS for the rear surround, how's it working for you? Any issues? Would you highly recommend it for those that don't want to run wires or simply want the flexibility of rearranging rooms without worrying about the cables?

TIA for the help.
This thread doesn't cover the HEOS AVR (although AFAIK, there is no dedicated thread for that particular model) which is why your searches are coming up empty. Also note, regardless of where your surround speakers are placed in a 5.1 setup, they are defined as "side" surrounds and must be connected to the SURROUND (as opposed to SURROUND BACK) speaker posts.
post #2922 of 4278 Old 04-07-2019, 01:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick G View Post
So I’ve got HDMI running from HDMI 3 ARC on my Sony 900F to Monitor 1 ARC on my Denon X3500H, but I don’t get any audio when watching Netflix via app on the 900F. Why? What input should the Denon be switched to?
HDMI(ARC) is often problematic (regardless of brand) with many owners simply resorting to the optical cable work around (although optical won't pass DD+(Atmos) that Netflix uses so you're best served trying to get ARC to work).

To at least try to give it a go, you must ensure the TV has HDMI-CEC (ie. BraviaSync on the Sony) enabled and the TV audio is set to "external speakers/home theater." Additionally, on the AVR, either <HDMI Control> or the <ARC> setting must be changed from the factory default of OFF to ON (p. 166 Owner's manual). Once these settings are made, power off the AVR and TV. Power on the TV, pause a few seconds, and then power on the AVR (unless the AVR powers on with the TV). With the <TV Audio Switching> factory defaulting to ON, if ARC is working properly, the AVR should switch to the TV Audio source and you should hear the TV audio from the surround speakers. If TV Audio is not automatically selected then ARC is not working properly. You can manually select the TV Audio source from the remote to see if that works. Also if not working properly, ensure you're not using a "1-way" directional HDMI cable from the AVR to the TV.
Madmax67 likes this.
post #2923 of 4278 Old 04-07-2019, 06:13 AM

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Can some one please share what's the new firmware update is for?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

HT 5.2.4 - Marantz SR6011 -> Elac B6.2 + Elac C5.2 + Elac B6 (surround) + JBL Control 1 (TM) + JBL B15 (RH) + Two SVS PB1000
Samsung Bluray Player
post #2924 of 4278 Old 04-07-2019, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
This thread doesn't cover the HEOS AVR (although AFAIK, there is no dedicated thread for that particular model) which is why your searches are coming up empty. Also note, regardless of where your surround speakers are placed in a 5.1 setup, they are defined as "side" surrounds and must be connected to the SURROUND (as opposed to SURROUND BACK) speaker posts.
Thanks for the reply. I should have wrote HEOS "enabled" AVR. Hoping someone is actually using the wireless features and I'm looking for their review.

I'd also be open to review of anything play-fi or other options to get me wireless.
post #2925 of 4278 Old 04-07-2019, 08:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Hello- So I'm currently an owner of a AVR-S720w and am thinking of upgrading to the AVR-X4500h. I am currently only running a 3.1 setup (L,C,R,Sub) and may consider adding more speakers and a second sub sometime in the future. I also like the fact that the X4500 has pre-outs for adding external amps in the future.

However my main questions are as follows:
  1. Sticking with a 3.1 setup, will I get a large increase in sound quality in the X4500 over than what I currently have in the 720w? The x4500 has 125w for 2 channels versus the 720 has 75w for 2 channels. I know that the difference in watts is minimal for overall loudness, but how about in terms of dynamics, soundstage, etc?
  2. Is upgrading from Audyssey MultEQ to Audyssey MultEQ 32XT a big upgrade in sound quality and worth the extra cost?
  3. Is the sound quality of the X6500 much greater than the sound quality of the X4500?
I'm thinking of making the splurge from what I've been seeing but would like to check with the experts first.

TV: 65'' Samsung KS8000; AVR: Denon AVR X-4500H; Center Channel: Polk Signature S-35; L/R Channels: Polk Signature S-20; LFE: SVS-SB3000; UHD Blu-Ray Player: Sony UBP-X800; Gaming: PS4 Pro; Streaming Device: Apple TV 4K
post #2926 of 4278 Old 04-07-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Does playing a DD/DTS 5.1 BD with the player set to "bitstream" work? Ensure the firmware of the UB820 is current. Try connecting the HDMI cable to the HDMI(CD) input.

Refer to post 5 and do a "soft reset" of the AVR.

Hi J.D. Thank you for your post. Took me a while to go through all possible tests, but the story sounds like this:

All firmware (both denon, panasonic, tv, chromecast) are with latest firmware.

TV via toslink to the AVR - no issues whatsoever.

Bluray (Panasonic) - Set to Bitstream setting

DVD Dolby Digital encoded - no issues, however it seems from time to time the audio is lost. I blamed the cable, so I tested it with 3 different cables, eventually bought new HDMI cable. Issue is...I may say random, so I stick to the cable which gives less issues.

Blu ray DTS-HD encoded - no issues at all with the Resident Evil Retribution - Sound is stable and rich.

In both cases the AVR recognizes correctly the stream and automatically switches to the appropriate decoder.

With the bitstream option set to ON
Netflix - no audio with 5.1 sources, stereo is ok if stream is 2.0. Same with Amazon.

With the bitstream option off and set to PCM
Netflix - converts to 2.0 and there's audio, but it breaks similarly to the one I've experienced with the DVD source.

Amazon - does not recognize the stream encoding, it only shows Multi-channel IN and shows all channels in. (better than netflix for sure, but still ...the audio is pre-processed by the BD Player and converted to PCM).
Note that after playing the DTS movie, I tried Netflix and it took it a while, but eventually it started playing Dolby Digital audio, then after a minute or two, the audio again got lost.

Last option - Chromecast - the chromecast is plugged directly in the AVR and so far have never ever experienced any issue.
NETFLIX - casting to chromecast behaves the same way as from the Panasonic BD player, so I wouldn't blame the Panasonic.

In my point of view - I consider either Netflix to fiddle with the encoding, which is doubtful, or the AVR processors and / or software is crappy.

post #2927 of 4278 Old 04-07-2019, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I should have wrote HEOS "enabled" AVR. Hoping someone is actually using the wireless features and I'm looking for their review.

I'd also be open to review of anything play-fi or other options to get me wireless.
Unfortunately, HEOS "enabled" AVRs are unable to use HEOS speakers as wireless surround speakers.
post #2928 of 4278 Old 04-07-2019, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbgator View Post
Hello- So I'm currently an owner of a AVR-S720w and am thinking of upgrading to the AVR-X4500h. I am currently only running a 3.1 setup (L,C,R,Sub) and may consider adding more speakers and a second sub sometime in the future. I also like the fact that the X4500 has pre-outs for adding external amps in the future.

However my main questions are as follows:
  1. Sticking with a 3.1 setup, will I get a large increase in sound quality in the X4500 over than what I currently have in the 720w? The x4500 has 125w for 2 channels versus the 720 has 75w for 2 channels. I know that the difference in watts is minimal for overall loudness, but how about in terms of dynamics, soundstage, etc?
  2. Is upgrading from Audyssey MultEQ to Audyssey MultEQ 32XT a big upgrade in sound quality and worth the extra cost?
  3. Is the sound quality of the X6500 much greater than the sound quality of the X4500?
I'm thinking of making the splurge from what I've been seeing but would like to check with the experts first.
1. You should yes, although nothing to do with the nominal power increase as you'll use the same volume level with either model.
2. Big upgrade, yes, however, only you can decide if it's worth the cost. If you never plan on expanding beyond a 7.1 setup, consider instead the X3500H with features as noted in post 1.
3. It adds additional features, but way overkill for your setup.
post #2929 of 4278 Old 04-07-2019, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Angelov View Post
In my point of view - I consider either Netflix to fiddle with the encoding, which is doubtful, or the AVR processors and / or software is crappy.
If Netflix is the only source with the issue, then most likely it's a Netflix issue, otherwise as you have proven, the AVR is able to play DD/DTS 5.1 bitstreamed audio from BDs without issue.
post #2930 of 4278 Old 04-07-2019, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately, HEOS "enabled" AVRs are unable to use HEOS speakers as wireless surround speakers.
Hmm. Okay, then I guess I don't understand...if the receiver has HEOS, it can't connect to HEOS speakers or just not for surround sound purposes?

Thank you.
post #2931 of 4278 Old 04-07-2019, 09:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2049 Post(s)
Liked: 2367
Quote:
Hmm. Okay, then I guess I don't understand...if the receiver has HEOS, it can't connect to HEOS speakers or just not for surround sound purposes?

Thank you.
The latter. You're much better of finding a way to run 14 or 16 AWG copper wire through some type of molded wire guides available at Home Depot or tucked into the carpet edges/ behind molding than putting any faith into wireless surround sound trust me.

Having said that you can use Rocketfish wireless kits with any Denon model but you'll still have to have a power outlet available for each surround speaker you connect.
dfa973 likes this.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
post #2932 of 4278 Old 04-08-2019, 05:23 AM

Quote:
If Netflix is the only source with the issue, then most likely it's a Netflix issue, otherwise as you have proven, the AVR is able to play DD/DTS 5.1 bitstreamed audio from BDs without issue.

Well, yeah, my original thought was it is Netflix and Amazon. Same services have the same kind of issue, however Amazon, when I switch to PCM works in multi-stream IN + DSurround, while Netflix either will work in Stereo in this case, or not work at all...
In addition, I don't see any reason where Netflix would work like for 10 minutes in Bitstream mode, then go numb for no reason and not work again.

Soft reset didn't help.

Here's a video of the input channels on the AVR while playing Netflix. You can see the video is perfect, while the audio can't be recognized.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1m1...6NtpPvME-p3Mew

I consider opening a case with Netflix and Denon, and check it out.

post #2933 of 4278 Old 04-08-2019, 05:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Thank you.
The HEOS module in the AVRs discussed in this thread is designed to receive a stream from the iOS/Android HEOS app as well stream 2CH audio sources connected to the AVR to HEOS speakers set up around the house, but not used as part of the main zone configuration.

Only the HEOS AVR and Soundbar can use 2 matching HEOS speakers in a 5.1 configuration as wireless surrounds.
post #2934 of 4278 Old 04-08-2019, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter

I've just learned that the X4500H and X6500H will continue as 2019 models and not be replaced until 2020.

New 2019 lower level models (ie. X3500H and lower) will start being released in the next month or so.
post #2935 of 4278 Old 04-08-2019, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveura View Post
I originally had a Denon 5200 and a Tivo Mini 1080p. No issues. I upgraded to the Mini 4k and it worked fine on the 5200. But when I upgraded to the Denon 6500, I started getting drop-outs of both audio and video - several times in a 5 minute span, each lasting about 3-5 seconds. Clear sign of an HDMI sync issue. Tried many things to solve it, including new cables, but what seemed to fix it was locking in the Tivo’s video res at 4k and setting the startup sequence (using Harmony remote) to Receiver, TV then Tivo. Sometimes, if the Harmony “glitches” and the startup sequence doesn’t happen in order, I get drop-outs and have to turn everything off and then back on again. So, as others have mentioned, startup sequence is important. I don’t know if upgrading your Tivo Mini to 4k will help, but it probably won’t hurt. It appears that this series of Denon receivers is just much more sensitive to HDMI handshaking protocols than previous generations. FWIW, all my Harmony activities start with turning on the receiver, waiting 2 seconds, then turning on the tv and, finally, turning on the source device. Also, I turned off the Denon HDMI Control and Smart Menu features. They were nothing but a mess and caused all kinds of handshake issues on every source device. So that might be worth a look as well. Good luck!
Well, upgrading the TiVo mini to a TiVo Mini Vox (4K) seems to have fixed the issue. No problems with audio anymore. Don't love the new "experience" of the latest TiVo update, but not Denon's fault...
Thanks everyone.

Check here later for a thoughtful, funny, profound .sig line.
post #2936 of 4278 Old 04-08-2019, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
I've just learned that the X4500H and X6500H will continue as 2019 models and not be replaced until 2020.

New 2019 lower level models (ie. X3500H and lower) will start being released in the next month or so.

So maybe this means x4500/X6500 will be getting new features through software updates if Denon is keeping them longer in the market
gamermwm and Brian Lynch like this.
post #2937 of 4278 Old 04-08-2019, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

Definitely interested in what features are coming to the S950 and S750 lines, and what that means for 2018 prices.
post #2938 of 4278 Old 04-08-2019, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

I read this as well - I think it’s a good move by Denon as the new models every year have become such a small upgrade from the previous year that there’s always that conversation if it’s worth it to upgrade. It also shows their confidence in the x4500/x6500 to be able to stretch them another year.
As timosilakka mentions - hopefully the updates just keep coming to the x4500/x6500, glad I upgraded when I did. The Imax Enhanced update - I’m sure some have found it useful, but I haven’t had a real use for it yet. Hope they have some more impactful updates coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gamermwm likes this.

Denon AVRx4500
Klipsch RF-7 ii, RS-42, RB-62 ii, SVS PB-2000
2011 Samsung Plasma
post #2939 of 4278 Old 04-08-2019, 11:10 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Liked: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by timosilakka View Post
So maybe this means x4500/X6500 will be getting new features through software updates if Denon is keeping them longer in the market
Not at all, just that the X4500H and higher will probably keep the market covered until X4600H & friends will appear with HDMI 2.1 switch onboard in 2020.
There is a limit for how much (new) features you can cram in an HDMI 2.0 AVR...

"OFFICIAL" 2019 LG C9 Consolidated Info, FAQ, Troubleshooting, Firmware & more
LG 3D TV --- Denon AVR --- Wharfedale speakers --- Emotiva subs --- Media players: Intel NUC 8th & 7th gen i3's with Pulse-Eight internal HDMI-CEC adapters, Kodi on Win10, one remote to rule them all - the TV remote!
post #2940 of 4278 Old 04-08-2019, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Should I be concerned that my S740H makes an intermittent click sound when it's powered on? It's the same click that occurs on power up. It happens maybe every 10-20 mins.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
calibrate , dali alteco , Denon , denon 4500h , denon avr-x4500h , denon x3500 , heco victa 500 , onkyo ts-xr507 , sound , tear ax3000 , testing

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page