Yamaha RX-V485, RX-V585, RX-V685 with Wireless Surround - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 48Likes

post #61 of 119 Old 10-02-2018, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwk View Post
Hi,

Hoping I can find some help here as all of the other posts I have read on the XBOX ONE X -> AVR -> 4KTV and not getting HDR properly have not solved my problem.

I just bought, last Saturday, a Samsung 65" QLED 6 Series TV and a Yamaha RX-V585 AVR and did the basic setup and was happy, then I dug into the details and the happy faded.

After setup I turned on my XBOX ONE and got the message asking to switch to 4K which I did and then checked out a game for a bit. When I dug into the settings I saw that I had a green check for "TV supports 4K" and then red or yellow icons for the rest. I did some research and found nothing at first so I went back and went straight from the XBOX to the TV and got all green checks so I knew it should all work as I expected it to. When I put the AVR back into the mix I went back to the original one green and all the rest red or yellow.

Researched more and found out about the Advanced setting 4K Mode on the AVR and checked it and it was already set to Mode 1 which I was pretty disappointed about as I had read numerous times that the default was Mode 2.

I also read about the "HDMI UHD Color" setting on Samsung TV's but mine does not have that and knowing that a direct connection from the XBOX works as it should makes me believe the TV is setup properly.

All firmware is updated and any updates available are on the XBOX

At a complete loss and would really appreciate some assistance.

Thanks much
Michael
Hi,

It is working now

1. Press the Home button on your remote.
2. Navigate to Settings > General > External Device Manager.
3. Select HDMI UHD Color.
4. Select the HDMI port that you want HDMI UHD Color enabled.

I have no idea how I missed this before. Bigger question is, since I have never touched this setting before, why did it, HDR, work right away when I plugged the XBOX straight into the TV.

Thanks
Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 119 Old 10-13-2018, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hi all!

Just ordered my RX-V685 (should arrive in 10-12 days here in Finland).

Inquiry about about the Bluetooth, any recent info on the Firmware update which is expected to enable also the streaming capabilities e.g. to BT Speakers. Reference: "Inquiring at Yamaha, however, learns that a software update will make it possible to also stream to Bluetooth speakers and headphones" Reference: AllhomeCinema Review (unfortunatelly I can't post links yet )

Second question: Any MusicCast speakers to recommend for A) use in sauna (yes, sauna, the hot "steam room") and B) outdoors (terrace)?

Third question: Any place to follow-up YAMAHA firmware releases?

//timo
post #63 of 119 Old 10-13-2018, 10:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1098 Post(s)
Liked: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsuominen View Post
Third question: Any place to follow-up YAMAHA firmware releases?
//timo
https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updat...sual&k=RX-V685
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 119 Old 10-13-2018, 11:36 AM

Thx @JoeKustra
JoeKustra likes this.
post #65 of 119 Old 10-15-2018, 03:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1984 Post(s)
Liked: 1052
Lightbulb

FYI, I've started a conventional "'Official' Yamaha 2018 RX-V*85 Owners thread" here:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...rs-thread.html

I realize there's some overlap with this thread, I was late creating the above. (Sorry.) The above thread will list firmware updates as they become known, and can also be a focal point for linking to downloadable manuals, tips, and peer support. It can also support the RX-V385 and the Costco model TSR-7850.

"Sell crazy some place else -- we're all stocked up here."
Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
A: Yamaha RX-V775; Chromecast Audio; iPod Classic, Touch. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen, Samsung UN40ES6150.
post #66 of 119 Old 10-15-2018, 04:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1098 Post(s)
Liked: 446
In six months this thread has had 65 posts. In six months, with a wider range of products, we should expect more activity. I wish you well.
post #67 of 119 Old 10-31-2018, 04:14 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 65
At least for 685, bluetooth output should be enabled in FW 1.47

"This firmware includes
Support for Bluetooth® Output function"

LG 55EG910V, Yamaha RX-V685, DALI Oberon3 + Oberon Vokal + DALI Spektor 1, SVS SB-1000, Oppo BD-103EU, Schiit Vali, Denon AHD2000 + Moon Audio Blue Dragon V3, Phonak Audeo 121, XLO cables , CalMAN 5 Enthusiast,i1D3, TED's Calibration Blu Ray Disc v1.1
post #68 of 119 Old 11-20-2018, 09:11 AM

Hi.

Upon selecting the Sound mode (e.g. Straight) from the remote, is it possible to get that (selected mode) info visible to the Yamaha front display - how?

//timo
post #69 of 119 Old 11-21-2018, 09:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsuominen View Post
Hi.

Upon selecting the Sound mode (e.g. Straight) from the remote, is it possible to get that (selected mode) info visible to the Yamaha front display - how?

//timo
Use the INFO button on the remote or the front panel, as detailed in the OM.

Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
A: Yamaha RX-V775; Chromecast Audio; iPod Classic, Touch. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen, Samsung UN40ES6150.
post #70 of 119 Old 11-23-2018, 12:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Question Can I use Yamaha RX V685 as 5.1 plus 2 x zone 2?

Apologies if this doesnt make sense but I will have a crack .
I am looking for a new receiver for both music and movies . I am happy with just having 5.1 for the movies.
I have 2 pairs of outdoor speakers . I would always want the outdoor speakers to be playing the same audio.

If I buy the Yamaha RX V685 , can I hook up one pair of outdoor speakers to the surround back terminals, and the other pair to the presence terminals?

the instruction manual herehttps://europe.yamaha.com/files/dow.../web_AV17-0164_RX-V685_om_UCRABGLFH_En_A0.pdf
has differing ways to setup zone 2 depending on if you have surround back or presence speakers, but its not clear how it works if you have neither .

If anyone had any experience with this that would be great.

On a similar note, if I have speakers hooked up to terminals designated as zone 2 , would the zone 2 line out jacks still output the zone 2 audio so I could use that at the same time ?

thanks
post #71 of 119 Old 11-25-2018, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I am having trouble getting ARC to work. I have a rx-v685 and a Sony kdl-hx800. The receiver is plugged into my ARC input and I am trying to get audio from my PS3 to the speakers. I feel the wiring is correct but I have something wrong in the settings of either the tv or receiver. I think somewhere between the settings within all 3 devices I have a problem. Any help would be appreciated.
post #72 of 119 Old 11-25-2018, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
Use the INFO button on the remote or the front panel, as detailed in the OM.
There's no info button on the remote, but yes, on the receiver itself. Thx, how have I missed that!

//timo
post #73 of 119 Old 11-25-2018, 11:39 PM

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnoble83 View Post
I am having trouble getting ARC to work. I have a rx-v685 and a Sony kdl-hx800. The receiver is plugged into my ARC input and I am trying to get audio from my PS3 to the speakers. I feel the wiring is correct but I have something wrong in the settings of either the tv or receiver. I think somewhere between the settings within all 3 devices I have a problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you turned on Bravia Sync on your Sony TV?
And have you turned on HDMI CEC / ARC on your receiver?
post #74 of 119 Old 11-26-2018, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Buyers Remorse with the TSR-7850. Attempting to match sound signature of RX-V585

I originally bought the Yamaha RX-V585 Receiver from amazon for $350, and I was very happy with the way it sounded with my Pioneer Andrew Jones budget speakers with Klipsch 10” sub. It took me several days, but I got the sound to wear it put a smile on my face with movies and music. All speakers were set to Large, with extended bass enabled that allowed me to utilize my Klipsch sub at the same time with a 60hz crossover setting. There was a sparkle and realism that I'm not able to replicate with the Yamaha TSR-7850.

I got greedy, and I saw Costco offering the Yamaha TSR-7850 on sale for $400. I figured I could replicate the same settings and get the same sound, and have a receiver that’s more powerful and somewhat future proofed. I believe the TSR-7850 is considered an Aventage receiver, but it has more options than I know what to do with. I cannot replicate that same amazing sound that I was able to get from the 585. I took pictures of all my 585 settings prior to returning it. Also, the price of the 585 has gone back up to $450-$499.

The TSR-7850 has a different OS, and while I can set the speakers to large, and select extended bass to utilize my sub simultaneously, there’s no option for crossover adjustment - or it’s buried deep where I can’t find it.

I have a 5.1 system
Front L/R: Pioneer Andrew Jones Floor Speakers - FS52
Center: Pioneer Andrew Jones Center - C22
Surround L/R: Pioneer Andrew Jones Bookshelf Speakers - BS22
Sub: Klipsch 10SW

Additional Settings on the 7850, which is not present on the 585:
Different YPAO modes - Flat, Front, Natural, Manual, Through
Virtual Back Speaker: On/Off?

Is there a way to adjust crossover when speakers are set to large on the 7850?
Which YPAO mode will give the sonic characteristics as that present on the V585
And what should Virtual Back speaker be set too, to mimic that of the 585?
I tried to match all other settings, like speakers distance, and levels to that of the 585, but I’m not sure what difference that made. Would appreciate any help I can get. I hate this feeling of buyer's remorse.
post #75 of 119 Old 11-30-2018, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Are there any flatscreen functions on the RX-V685 remote?

I'd like to be able to turn on the flatscreen with the V685. I have my old V673 remote with "TV" functions at the bottom, including turning on the flatscreen.

Have the "TV" functions been removed from the V685, or am I blind?

Thanks in advance.
post #76 of 119 Old 12-02-2018, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
MusicCast 20 connection problem with RX-V685 (solved but would like to know cause)

I've added 2 MusicCast 20 wireless speakers as surround to my RX-V685-setup. Was working like a charm for almost 2 days. When we watched a movie this evening the 2 speakers gave some hickups. Thought it might be the wifi. Then there was totally no sound at all. Removed them from the configuration. And when I have them as seperate speakers they work, or at least give sound and also the sound I intended to play on that. Adding again to the V685 doesn't give sound at all. They are connected with a status of working but absolutely no sound coming from them. Even the test-tones on the V685-setup aren't heard on it. Did a router reset. No solution to the problem.
The MusicCast app says that both are working and has an IP-address whereas the master IP-address is the IP-address of the receiver.
Been working on this for 2 hours now and can't get it fixed. Both MusicCast-speakers have firmware 1.54 (0503).

Seems that receiver doesn't want to see them. The YPAO precheck doesn't find them.

Anyone having an idea?

Was in the process of selling my old surroundspeakers but might keep them for a while. :-(

Update: this morning I started up the whole stuff to find out that the MusicCast 20's were functioning again as surroundspeakers. Weird. What could have caused the issues?

Greetings, Dick

A: Yamaha RX-V685, JBL large speakers, Polka center, MusicCast 20, Jamo SUB210
V: Samsung UE55MU6440, Samsung BD-E6100

Last edited by DikkieDick; 12-02-2018 at 10:24 PM.
post #77 of 119 Old 12-22-2018, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdp View Post
Does anyone know how to allow Bluetooth transmission to headphones (Yamaha RX-V485)?
Earlier models (RX-V481, RX-V483) can enable this option in Bluetooth - Audio send. Yamaha RX-V485 has in option only - Audio receive.
It is possible uses Bluetooth headphones with this model Yamaha RX-V485?
As of Dec 21st, 2018 with firmware v1.49, I have Bluetooth transmit on my RX-V485. Go to Settings, Bluetooth, scroll to the right, turn on the transmitter. Then go to Device Search, press Enter and select one's earbuds.

Volume control seems to be a little futzy with my particular model of earbuds.
Scarriere likes this.
post #78 of 119 Old 01-03-2019, 02:26 PM

Pairing a Yamaha RX-V485 with a Sony WH1000XM2 Bluetooth headphones.

I updated my 485 unit to the latest firmware.

Set up is PC to AV to TV (no speakers whatsoever).

I want to pair the headphones so I can listen to the PC audio through the AV and not directly through the PC.

It turns out pairing Bluetooth headphones to AV is an ordeal, please help.

Thanks!
post #79 of 119 Old 01-03-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K. View Post
As of Dec 21st, 2018 with firmware v1.49, I have Bluetooth transmit on my RX-V485. Go to Settings, Bluetooth, scroll to the right, turn on the transmitter. Then go to Device Search, press Enter and select one's earbuds.

Volume control seems to be a little futzy with my particular model of earbuds.
Hi, I'm precisely trying to get this done. When I go to device search and I press enter it says: "not available".

Don't understand what seems to be the problem.
post #80 of 119 Old 01-03-2019, 02:34 PM

If you're using HDMI, optical or digital coax as a source you will need headphones that are compatible with SCMS-T copy protection. I know Bose Q35's and the last few years of decent Sony bluetooth headphones support copy protection with digital sources and will work with the AVR's.
ChromeJob likes this.
post #81 of 119 Old 01-03-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DikkieDick View Post
Update: this morning I started up the whole stuff to find out that the MusicCast 20's were functioning again as surroundspeakers. Weird. What could have caused the issues?

Is DFS turned on?
If you're having dropout issues (which would most likely be a conflict issue on the 5Ghz WiFi spectrum) you will need to release the rear speakers. Then go into the rear speakers, one by one, and enable DFS. Then enable it on your RX-V685.
Once this is done, re-pair them.

After this is done, grab an Android device and download WiFi Analyzer.
This will allow you to look at the 5Ghz WiFi spectrum... if there's any crossovers / conflicts, log into your WiFi router and move the 5Ghz WiFi until it's in free air. You should always do this for the 2.4Ghz spectrum too - it's the basics of WiFi setup.
post #82 of 119 Old 01-03-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarehole View Post
Are there any flatscreen functions on the RX-V685 remote?

I'd like to be able to turn on the flatscreen with the V685. I have my old V673 remote with "TV" functions at the bottom, including turning on the flatscreen.

Have the "TV" functions been removed from the V685, or am I blind?

Thanks in advance.

Yes they have.
You should be able to still use the 673 remote control to control it though.
Failing that, HDMI CEC is worth attempting - as is a Logitech remote!
post #83 of 119 Old 01-03-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f00fighters View Post
I originally bought the Yamaha RX-V585 Receiver from amazon for $350, and I was very happy with the way it sounded with my Pioneer Andrew Jones budget speakers with Klipsch 10” sub. It took me several days, but I got the sound to wear it put a smile on my face with movies and music. All speakers were set to Large, with extended bass enabled that allowed me to utilize my Klipsch sub at the same time with a 60hz crossover setting. There was a sparkle and realism that I'm not able to replicate with the Yamaha TSR-7850.

I got greedy, and I saw Costco offering the Yamaha TSR-7850 on sale for $400. I figured I could replicate the same settings and get the same sound, and have a receiver that’s more powerful and somewhat future proofed. I believe the TSR-7850 is considered an Aventage receiver, but it has more options than I know what to do with. I cannot replicate that same amazing sound that I was able to get from the 585. I took pictures of all my 585 settings prior to returning it. Also, the price of the 585 has gone back up to $450-$499.

The TSR-7850 has a different OS, and while I can set the speakers to large, and select extended bass to utilize my sub simultaneously, there’s no option for crossover adjustment - or it’s buried deep where I can’t find it.

I have a 5.1 system
Front L/R: Pioneer Andrew Jones Floor Speakers - FS52
Center: Pioneer Andrew Jones Center - C22
Surround L/R: Pioneer Andrew Jones Bookshelf Speakers - BS22
Sub: Klipsch 10SW

Additional Settings on the 7850, which is not present on the 585:
Different YPAO modes - Flat, Front, Natural, Manual, Through
Virtual Back Speaker: On/Off?

Is there a way to adjust crossover when speakers are set to large on the 7850?
Which YPAO mode will give the sonic characteristics as that present on the V585
And what should Virtual Back speaker be set too, to mimic that of the 585?
I tried to match all other settings, like speakers distance, and levels to that of the 585, but I’m not sure what difference that made. Would appreciate any help I can get. I hate this feeling of buyer's remorse.

A correction and hopefully some help...
The 7850 is not an Aventage receiver, they all have 5 feet - while the 7850 only has 4... it's effectively a re-badged RX-V685.

Crossover adjustment only works when the speaker is set to 'small'.
When you set your speakers to 'large' all low frequency signals will be sent to the speakers and not the subwoofer.

Basically, if you want to adjust your crossover via the AVR you'll need to go to "Speaker > Configuration > (speaker) > Crossover.

Sadly you were mistaken to think that your RX-V585 offered crossover adjustment when your speakers were set to large, page 85 of the RX-V585 manual states that crossover adjustment can only be performed by the AVR when the speakers are set to 'small'.
You may have originally set your speakers to small on your 585, then changed the speakers to full bandwidth (large)... but the setting isn't in effect when set to large.

Now a potential solution is for you to setup the crossover on the back of your Klipsch sub to 60Hz.
Many people HATE the Extra Bass function as it sounds bloated, but if you like it, go for it. Remember, by setting your speakers to small you're pushing a budget pair of speakers to do bass while the sub kicks in at the same time. You'd be better off getting better fronts or replacing / another subwoofer.
However, if you're chasing 'sparkle', then it has little to do with bass and a lot more to do with the soft dome tweeters on your Pioneer speakers...

Re: virtual surround, most people say to turn it off... but it's your room, your ears and your call.

Re: YPAO options, fiddle to your hearts content.
ChromeJob likes this.
post #84 of 119 Old 01-04-2019, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Hey guys, just got hold of the RX-V585 and was disappointed to see it only had a global crossover and not individual crossover for every speaker. Does anyone know if the V685 features individual crossover points, or will I have to move up the Aventage series? If so, which aventage receiver?

I'm sending the RX-V585 back.
post #85 of 119 Old 01-04-2019, 10:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnersfella View Post
A correction and hopefully some help...
The 7850 is not an Aventage receiver, they all have 5 feet - while the 7850 only has 4... it's effectively a re-badged RX-V685.
I don't believe you're correct, though I keep hearing this rumor. AFAIK the 7850 is closest in specs to the RX-A780, though it is not a rebadged A780 either.

Feel free to continue discussion of the 7850 in the dedicated RX-V*85/TSR-*850 thread.

post #86 of 119 Old 01-05-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
I don't believe you're correct, though I keep hearing this rumor. AFAIK the 7850 is closest in specs to the RX-A780, though it is not a rebadged A780 either.

Feel free to continue discussion of the 7850 in the dedicated RX-V*85/TSR-*850 thread.

It would seem odd to post a thread in the other thread just to correct the information in this thread re: the TSR-7850 being Aventage... it would be a little out of place in the other thread if I did so??

The TSR-7850 is an RX-V685 with different screen printing on the front for a different model number.
It's primarily designed to be sold at Costco etc... and not to annoy other RX-V retailers with its super cheap pricing, Yamaha has effectively just re-badged it.
The lack of a detachable power cable and absence of a 5th foot indicates it's not an Aventage.
The CostCo website muddies the waters somewhat (I'm assuming by mistake, and not on purpose) with the mention of the aluminium front panel that is featured on all Aventage receivers... however as this receiver doesn't have the same front panel - it's a mistake on the CostCo website (note: Yamaha's website doesn't make any mention of an alloy front panel on the TSR-7850).

I hope this clarifies everything and that this thread can be left alone for RX-V owners.
post #87 of 119 Old 01-05-2019, 05:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It would seem odd to post a thread in the other thread just to correct the information in this thread re: the TSR-7850 being Aventage... it would be a little out of place in the other thread if I did so??
No. The TSR-7850 is discussed extensively in the other thread, both in comparison to the RX-V685, and the RX-A780.
Quote:
... The TSR-7850 is an RX-V685 with different screen printing on the front for a different model number.
It's primarily designed to be sold at Costco etc... and not to annoy other RX-V retailers with its super cheap pricing, Yamaha has effectively just re-badged it.
The lack of a detachable power cable and absence of a 5th foot indicates it's not an Aventage.
The CostCo website muddies the waters somewhat (I'm assuming by mistake, and not on purpose) with the mention of the aluminium front panel that is featured on all Aventage receivers... however as this receiver doesn't have the same front panel - it's a mistake on the CostCo website (note: Yamaha's website doesn't make any mention of an alloy front panel on the TSR-7850).

I hope this clarifies everything and that this thread can be left alone for RX-V owners.
In the past the Costco re-branded numbers (done to prevent price match competition with other Yamaha authorized dealers) has had a direct correlation with an RX-V model, e.g. TSR-5810/RX-V581, TSR-7810/RX-V781, TSR-5790/RX-V579, et al, but not this year (yet; Yamaha may yet come out with an RX-V785, or they might've planned to and halted).

Reread my post. I didn't say this is a "re-branded A780"; clearly it's not. I'm saying that the specs are closer to that model for comparison. The Aventage clearly has the extra foot, longer warranty, and presumably different internal components. BUT if you compare connections on the back, and the power output, I'd say for many consumers it's a reasonable comparison. In the past four years, the top RX-V models have been close competitors to some RX-A models, leading some asking on these forums which they should get.

Compare the 685 and 7850 specs for yourself. The power ratings, and the unit weight, are different. Changing just the model number on the front doesn't effect the amps or the total weight of the unit. (The dimensions are a wee bit off, too, but 1/8" could be negligible.)

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audi...l#product-tabs (spoiler: 23.1 lbs...)
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audi...l#product-tabs (spoiler: 24.3 lbs...)

... and (drum roll) ...
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audi...l#product-tabs (gosh look at that! exactly same dimensions, weight (24.3 lbs), and power output!)

Sure, you can continue to compare the 7850 to the 685 as a comparable model, but unless you have some marketing or technical information from Yamaha to prove "it's a rebranded 685," it's conjecture on your part, NOT fact. Start with the fact that Costco's "version" has a wee bit more power. I hope THAT clarifies MY statement without upsetting anyone's apple cart. :P

post #88 of 119 Old 01-06-2019, 10:54 PM

I apologize - I had in my head that the RX-V685 and RX-A780 had the same power ratings for some reason...
The size / weight differences are there too - but it's still not part of the Aventage family, it has a shorter warranty, a captive power cable (the same as the RX-V685) and lacks the 5th foot... It's part of its own world, a product that sits between the 780 and 685, has the same connectivity as the other two receivers... but with 780 power and dimensions.

Phew.
Certainly clarified things for me.
ChromeJob likes this.
post #89 of 119 Old 01-12-2019, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

New manuals available
Bluetooth transmission function
MusicCast Surround Speakers function

post #90 of 119 Old 01-12-2019, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Is DFS turned on?
If you're having dropout issues (which would most likely be a conflict issue on the 5Ghz WiFi spectrum) you will need to release the rear speakers. Then go into the rear speakers, one by one, and enable DFS. Then enable it on your RX-V685.
Once this is done, re-pair them.

After this is done, grab an Android device and download WiFi Analyzer.
This will allow you to look at the 5Ghz WiFi spectrum... if there's any crossovers / conflicts, log into your WiFi router and move the 5Ghz WiFi until it's in free air. You should always do this for the 2.4Ghz spectrum too - it's the basics of WiFi setup.
Actually it wasn't. Had the same issue last week. And it solved automatically. Now again having issues. Enabled DFS. Doesn't solve. It was running on 2,4Ghz Wifi. I put it on another router (Wifi-network). Also no solution and more trouble connecting as wifi-quality was lower.
Downloaded wifi analyzer to check. Seems that the BluRay-player also has an 'own' wifi. Connected this to the other wifi. Also changed the channel for the Wifi where the Yamaha is connected to to a number which isn't used in the neighbourhood (or hardly). It doesn't solve it.
Every time I try to connect the MusicCast 20's it says that it fails with the errorcode -603300000.

Removing the surrounds from the network, even cutting of the power, rebooting the router, nothing seems to work.

It's kind of aggravating.

I can connect the 2 surrounds as a stereo pair though.

Greetings, Dick

A: Yamaha RX-V685, JBL large speakers, Polka center, MusicCast 20, Jamo SUB210
V: Samsung UE55MU6440, Samsung BD-E6100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
avr , musiccast , question , rx-v485 , rx-v685 , web control center , Yamaha

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page