"OFFICIAL" 2018 Marantz "NR-Series"/"SR-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ (Posts 1-7) - Page 27 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 184Likes

post #781 of 1169 Old 06-19-2019, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 743 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22616 Post(s)
Liked: 12309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macros73 View Post
I'm testing a Sony UBP-X800M2 primarily as a SACD transport. It's connected to my 6013 via HDMI and appears to send DSD direct to the 6013 for decoding. Happy with that part.

Unlike the Panasonic DP-UB820 during CD playback (820 has no SACD support), there doesn't appear to be any option in the Sony to blank the screen (LG C8) during music playback. The 6013 will blank the display for tuner and HEOS input, but I can't find an option to do so for a HDMI input. I have CEC enabled so if I just turn off the TV, everything else turns off too. I'd rather leave that functionality enabled unless there is no other option.

I've asked in the X800M2 owner's thread for any advice, but is there anything more I can do on the 6013 side? I'd like to have the display blank after ~30 seconds and wake on remote keypress.
Only available with HEOS Music and Tuner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #782 of 1169 Old 06-23-2019, 01:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1632 Post(s)
Liked: 385
Hi, have the SR7013 but can not get Imax Enhanced activated.
Did the software update but have the latest version running.
Have downloaded some Imax files but no luck in running them in Imax mode, at least the display is not showing Imax.
Also no Imax in the sound menu, just Dolby, DTS, Auro and the standard others.
What am i doing wrong ?
post #783 of 1169 Old 06-23-2019, 02:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBdicX View Post
Hi, have the SR7013 but can not get Imax Enhanced activated.
Did the software update but have the latest version running.
Have downloaded some Imax files but no luck in running them in Imax mode, at least the display is not showing Imax.
Also no Imax in the sound menu, just Dolby, DTS, Auro and the standard others.
What am i doing wrong ?
Most likely it's the files. Try instead playing one of the IMAX enhanced Blu Rays:

A Beautiful Planet

Journey to the South Pacific.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #784 of 1169 Old 06-23-2019, 02:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1632 Post(s)
Liked: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Most likely it's the files. Try instead playing one of the IMAX enhanced Blu Rays:

A Beautiful Planet

Journey to the South Pacific.
Hi JD, isn't it so that i should see the Imax DTS sound mode in the sound menu ?
post #785 of 1169 Old 06-23-2019, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBdicX View Post
Hi JD, isn't it so that i should see the Imax DTS sound mode in the sound menu ?
Yes, as long as the AVR recognizes the audio codec, which it apparently doesn't with those particular files you are using. Purchase a Blu Ray to confirm.
post #786 of 1169 Old 06-28-2019, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bi-amp question for sr6013 or 5013

the manual clearly states how to do 5.1 + Bi-amp + zone 2 (powered) using internal amp. Is it the same for the pre-outs?? can I use the Heights1 and 2 pre-outs for the bi-amp of the front speakers? To restate: will the Height 1 and Height 2 pre-outs send the same signal as the Front L and Front R ? to my two external amps for the front speaker.
post #787 of 1169 Old 06-28-2019, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianofabio View Post
Bi-amp question for sr6013 or 5013

the manual clearly states how to do 5.1 + Bi-amp + zone 2 (powered) using internal amp. Is it the same for the pre-outs?? can I use the Heights1 and 2 pre-outs for the bi-amp of the front speakers? To restate: will the Height 1 and Height 2 pre-outs send the same signal as the Front L and Front R ? to my two external amps for the front speaker.
Nope. Note also that using "bi-amp" on a receiver is unlikely to provide any benefit. Better to purchase more power amps if that is your goal.
Ladeback likes this.
post #788 of 1169 Old 07-18-2019, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Man I just upgraded to Marantz SR-5013 from a Yamaha RX-A660. I don't know if there was something wrong with the Yamaha but holy crap the bass output difference is staggering. I ran YPAO multiple times and even manually calibrated with decibel meter on my phone. The latter helped a little. But just plugging the same setup into the Marantz and running Audessey. Holy crap. Now I feel like I'm actually in a movie theatre. It brought that sub to life. My sub is a Klipsch R12SW. I always thought man this sub should be thundering way more than this. On the Yamaha it just felt boomy and not very punchy at all. Now with the Marantz. It's like I bought a new sub. Scenes in films I used for reference jesus man. Literal night and day difference.
post #789 of 1169 Old 07-18-2019, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaXpress31 View Post
Man I just upgraded to Marantz SR-5013 from a Yamaha RX-A660. I don't know if there was something wrong with the Yamaha but holy crap the bass output difference is staggering. I ran YPAO multiple times and even manually calibrated with decibel meter on my phone. The latter helped a little. But just plugging the same setup into the Marantz and running Audessey. Holy crap. Now I feel like I'm actually in a movie theatre. It brought that sub to life. My sub is a Klipsch R12SW. I always thought man this sub should be thundering way more than this. On the Yamaha it just felt boomy and not very punchy at all. Now with the Marantz. It's like I bought a new sub. Scenes in films I used for reference jesus man. Literal night and day difference.
Enjoy your "new" sub.
post #790 of 1169 Old 07-18-2019, 01:45 PM

I am a new owner of a SR5013. Among my other sources, I have an Apple TV 4K which I am using for several streaming applications. Works very well. I also have the output of a Sonos Connect plugged into one of the digital inputs for music. I recently found an Apple TV app that looks at what Sonos is playing and displays information about the song, artist, etc. However, the way I have things set up, I can either get Video and Audio from the Apple TV or switch to a different input and get the Audio from Sonos – but no video. Is there a way to always get the video from the Apple TV but be able to choose to get the Audio from either the Apple TV (HDMI) or Sonos (Digital IN)?
post #791 of 1169 Old 07-18-2019, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bressler View Post
I am a new owner of a SR5013. Among my other sources, I have an Apple TV 4K which I am using for several streaming applications. Works very well. I also have the output of a Sonos Connect plugged into one of the digital inputs for music. I recently found an Apple TV app that looks at what Sonos is playing and displays information about the song, artist, etc. However, the way I have things set up, I can either get Video and Audio from the Apple TV or switch to a different input and get the Audio from Sonos – but no video. Is there a way to always get the video from the Apple TV but be able to choose to get the Audio from either the Apple TV (HDMI) or Sonos (Digital IN)?
Yes. As long as the Apple TV and the Sonos are assigned to the same input name, with the Apple TV input selected, you can change the <INPUT MODE> to "Digital" for the Sonos and "HDMI" for the Apple TV.
post #792 of 1169 Old 07-18-2019, 03:48 PM

Thanks, that does work. Too bad that AUTO doesn't do that for you.
post #793 of 1169 Old 07-19-2019, 09:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
marantz sr 5013 eARC ?

Can someone please tell me if the Marantz sr5013 supports eARC ? or was support added in a firmware update ? I just bought a LG c9 which has eARC and I want to take advantage of it . thanks in advance
post #794 of 1169 Old 07-20-2019, 04:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahr2d2 View Post
Can someone please tell me if the Marantz sr5013 supports eARC ? or was support added in a firmware update ? I just bought a LG c9 which has eARC and I want to take advantage of it . thanks in advance
No, only the SR6013 and SR7013 received the eARC firmware update. Note that all of the 2019 models (eg. SR5014) feature eARC on board from the factory.

Note also that there is a lot of very helpful information provided in the first 7 posts of this thread, to include model features in post 1 and firmware change log in post 5.
post #795 of 1169 Old 07-20-2019, 07:46 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
SR7013 HEOS and Harmony Remote setup help

I'm trying to figure out my SR7013, working on getting it to work with Harmony Remote, a new OLED TV, Comcast and Apple TV 4K.

I've had it a few months and have basic features working but I'm having trouble with the HEOS thing. I like the Sirius XM Underground Garage channel and would like to listen on the SR7013. Of course my wife likes a different Sirius station or two. I was hoping to set-up something on the Harmony Remote to play a specific Sirius station but everything I've tried seems to involve using a phone for HEOS.

It's easy to stream from the new Sirius app to the AppleTV or directly to the Marantz but I'd rather not have a phone involved.

What am I missing?
Any other guidance on a good set-up?
Thanks. Joel
post #796 of 1169 Old 07-20-2019, 08:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 104
My Model number 6013, using 5.2.4 setup.
my front height R channel is not working, I have tested with swapping cable and speakers, issue is isolated to that channel, is it possible it went bad, what other trouble shooting method I can use. should I file for warranty claim, do I need to take to repair shop, what is Marantz warranty procedure? this would be major headache.

SONY XBR75X900F: Oppo UDP-203: DirecTv 4K: ATV4K
Marantz SR6013: Aircom T8: Dolby Atmos 5.2.4
Definitive Tech. BP9060, CS 9060 HD: Mythos GEM: SM 55
Subwoofer Paradigm X12: Panamax MR4300
Harmony Elite Remote:Philips Hue Ambient Lights
post #797 of 1169 Old 07-21-2019, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iserum View Post
My Model number 6013, using 5.2.4 setup.
my front height R channel is not working, I have tested with swapping cable and speakers, issue is isolated to that channel, is it possible it went bad, what other trouble shooting method I can use. should I file for warranty claim, do I need to take to repair shop, what is Marantz warranty procedure? this would be major headache.
Refer to post 4 and do the various resets listed to see if the issue is resolved. If still no joy, then warranty repair is the next step. Contact Marantz for warranty repair authorization. The quickest turn around is generally realized by shipping the unit to the factory repair facility: United Radio, Syracuse, NY which often only takes a few days, whereas, dropping it at a local shop may take weeks.
post #798 of 1169 Old 07-21-2019, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel H View Post
I'm trying to figure out my SR7013, working on getting it to work with Harmony Remote, a new OLED TV, Comcast and Apple TV 4K.

I've had it a few months and have basic features working but I'm having trouble with the HEOS thing. I like the Sirius XM Underground Garage channel and would like to listen on the SR7013. Of course my wife likes a different Sirius station or two. I was hoping to set-up something on the Harmony Remote to play a specific Sirius station but everything I've tried seems to involve using a phone for HEOS.

It's easy to stream from the new Sirius app to the AppleTV or directly to the Marantz but I'd rather not have a phone involved.

What am I missing?
Thanks. Joel
Cannot provide Harmony assistance; however, on more current models with a HEOS module, music streaming is now done via the HEOS app.
post #799 of 1169 Old 07-21-2019, 05:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel H View Post

What am I missing?
Thanks. Joel
I'm pretty sure you can stream Sirius straight from the HEOS app if its installed on your smartphone. If that's the "phone" you are referring to, the HEOS system is designed to be accessed via a smartphone app.

You would have to contact Harmony support. I've had varying degrees of success with them...
Scott

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5012 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 10" Sub
TiVO Premiere
post #800 of 1169 Old 07-21-2019, 08:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Refer to post 4 and do the various resets listed to see if the issue is resolved. If still no joy, then warranty repair is the next step. Contact Marantz for warranty repair authorization. The quickest turn around is generally realized by shipping the unit to the factory repair facility: United Radio, Syracuse, NY which often only takes a few days, whereas, dropping it at a local shop may take weeks.
followed Post 4 resetting everything. issue is still same, Height 1 R no sound, swapped Cable and speaker it is the Channel. will call Marantz, this is first time in 25 years any AVR channel failed on me and I though this is one of the best one I got, Marantz Customer service will be tested, major hassle taking everything out. there are no service center shown in my area.

post #801 of 1169 Old 07-21-2019, 12:58 PM
Advanced Member

Cool

Quote:
followed Post 4 resetting everything. issue is still same, Height 1 R no sound, swapped Cable and speaker it is the Channel. will call Marantz, this is first time in 25 years any AVR channel failed on me and I though this is one of the best one I got, Marantz Customer service will be tested, major hassle taking everything out. there are no service center shown in my area.
I feel your pain. I had a SR 5012 die and went thru the process. Honestly, it wasnt that bad. Hope you have the original box and packing. Marantz was great. I live in Arizona so I sent it to the authorized repair center in CA. I had it back in two weeks and it worked perfectly.

Hang in there brother.
Scott

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5012 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 10" Sub
TiVO Premiere
post #802 of 1169 Old 07-21-2019, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Oakley View Post
I feel your pain. I had a SR 5012 die and went thru the process. Honestly, it wasnt that bad. Hope you have the original box and packing. Marantz was great. I live in Arizona so I sent it to the authorized repair center in CA. I had it back in two weeks and it worked perfectly.

Hang in there brother.
Scott
I saved the box, so I can send it back to them, do I have to pay the cost for shipping, it is one heavy item to ship, won't be cheap.
it is the hassle to pull everything from Entertainment center and put it back again, it is worse than paying. I will call them Monday, to see my options, between Yamaha and Pioneer Elite AVR this is first time I have a channel blown or any other issue, I would not have noticed it or cared if I was not using those channels but I invested in 4 height speakers and effort to put them in wall run running wires through. so one more hassle.

post #803 of 1169 Old 07-22-2019, 06:19 AM
Advanced Member

Cool

Quote:
I saved the box, so I can send it back to them, do I have to pay the cost for shipping, it is one heavy item to ship, won't be cheap.
it is the hassle to pull everything from Entertainment center and put it back again, it is worse than paying. I will call them Monday, to see my options, between Yamaha and Pioneer Elite AVR this is first time I have a channel blown or any other issue, I would not have noticed it or cared if I was not using those channels but I invested in 4 height speakers and effort to put them in wall run running wires through. so one more hassle.
Yes, its a pain in the ass....I think I paid to ship it to repair facility. They paid to ship it back. Its really not as expensive as you might think...

Scott

Panasonic 2013 55VT60
Marantz SR-5012 AVR
B&W 805 Speakers
Velodyne 10" Sub
TiVO Premiere
post #804 of 1169 Old 07-22-2019, 07:16 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Does Marantz have a Denon's AL32 processing multi-channel equivalent in 6013 or 6014 or 7013?
post #805 of 1169 Old 07-27-2019, 06:31 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 28
On screen controls with tv apps?

I get on screen controls with different inputs but when i use arc from the tv>receiver i dont get anything on screen. Cant see what audio type is playing or any information also. Is there a way to get on screen controls with a marantz 6013 with the normal tv interface or is it normal to not get any of that?
post #806 of 1169 Old 07-27-2019, 01:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2229 Post(s)
Liked: 2520
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-evil-x View Post
I get on screen controls with different inputs but when i use arc from the tv>receiver i dont get anything on screen. Cant see what audio type is playing or any information also. Is there a way to get on screen controls with a marantz 6013 with the normal tv interface or is it normal to not get any of that?
Nope. Unless the source devices video goes through the receiver itself there's no on screen display.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
post #807 of 1169 Old 07-27-2019, 10:16 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
Nope. Unless the source devices video goes through the receiver itself there's no on screen display.
too bad. I thought just the arc channel would give those on screen controls and information but I guess I was hoping for more.
post #808 of 1169 Old 07-27-2019, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Note also the SR6013 is discussed in the 2018 Marantz AVR Owner's thread --> https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...sts-1-7-a.html
ChromeJob likes this.
post #809 of 1169 Old 07-28-2019, 07:13 AM

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 2178 Post(s)
Liked: 1442
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-evil-x View Post
too bad. I thought just the arc channel would give those on screen controls and information but I guess I was hoping for more.
Nope, ARC is only sending audio to the TV from the receiver. No on screen info will be displayed

Afro GT
post #810 of 1169 Old 07-28-2019, 07:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2095 Post(s)
Liked: 1098
ARC = AUDIO Return Channel.

"Exceedingly odd," said the butler.
Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
A: Yamaha RX-V775; Chromecast Audio; iPod Classic, Touch. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen, Samsung UN40ES6150.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
crash , freeze , Marantz , problem , sr6013

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page