"OFFICIAL" 2018 Marantz "NR-Series"/"SR-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ (Posts 1-7) - Page 37 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 189Likes

post #1081 of 1232 Old 09-30-2019, 03:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerip View Post
Can you explain the use of Bi-Amp in the Marantz context?

He was complaining of lack of crisp highs which seemed like an under powered situation.

"You can use the bi-amp connection for front speakers. Bi-amp connection is a method to connect separate amplifiers to the tweeter terminal and woofer terminal of a speaker that supports bi-amplification. This connection enables back EMF (power returned without being output) from the woofer to flow into the tweeter without affecting the sound quality, producing a higher sound quality."

http://manuals.marantz.com/SR6013/NA...SYjjvfnaio.php

Regardless, it doesn't appear to be active in stereo configurations.
So I take it from the comments, that bi-amp would not help. I’m surprised that this receiver isn’t strong enough, if that’s what I’m reading here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 1232 Old 09-30-2019, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 751 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22762 Post(s)
Liked: 12417
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerip View Post
Can you explain the use of Bi-Amp in the Marantz context?

He was complaining of lack of crisp highs which seemed like an under powered situation.

"You can use the bi-amp connection for front speakers. Bi-amp connection is a method to connect separate amplifiers to the tweeter terminal and woofer terminal of a speaker that supports bi-amplification. This connection enables back EMF (power returned without being output) from the woofer to flow into the tweeter without affecting the sound quality, producing a higher sound quality."

http://manuals.marantz.com/SR6013/NA...SYjjvfnaio.php

Regardless, it doesn't appear to be active in stereo configurations.
In virtually every mfr's context (including Marantz), the use of the "passive" bi-amp mode provides no real noticeable power (regardless of what the Owner manual lists) increase as you're simply running an extra set of wires, passing the exact same signal, drawing from the same single power supply. The speaker is going to draw whatever power it needs to reach the volume level set, regardless of whether there are 2 wires or 4 wires going to the speaker. Proper "active" bi-amping requires the use of two (more powerful) external amps with "active" crossover switches.
post #1083 of 1232 Old 09-30-2019, 03:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 110
FYI for all you new 6013 owners that bought it at Best Buy.ca - the 7013 is $1,800.00 off today making it the same price that i paid for my 6013 less than 30 days ago. I'm returning the 6013 tomorrow and the 7013 is in the mail...

Sony 65 A1E/LG 55 C9
PSB Imagine X2T Towers / PSB C Centre
PSB Image B6 Surrounds
Dual SVS PB 1000's / 4 SVS Elevation Atmos
Marantz 7013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1084 of 1232 Old 09-30-2019, 09:49 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
In virtually every mfr's context (including Marantz), the use of the "passive" bi-amp mode provides no real noticeable power (regardless of what the Owner manual lists) increase as you're simply running an extra set of wires, passing the exact same signal, drawing from the same single power supply. The speaker is going to draw whatever power it needs to reach the volume level set, regardless of whether there are 2 wires or 4 wires going to the speaker. Proper "active" bi-amping requires the use of two (more powerful) external amps with "active" crossover switches.
Thanks for the explanation. Sounds like Marketing has been busy. I had been told about the virtues of it from a blueshirt, so I should have been skeptical.
happygodavid likes this.

OTA with 2 handcrafted 4 bays | Whole home Wired GigE | 16TB UnRaid running on SC846 24 bay TAMS | Arris SB 6183 - 200/20 Charter (yuck) | Main Screen - LG 55EF9500 | RaspberryPI KODI on 27" monitor | 2 x Nexus 4 | 3 x Nexus 7 | LG G3 | Nexus 5x | iPod touch 6gen
post #1085 of 1232 Old 10-01-2019, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Windsor View Post
FYI for all you new 6013 owners that bought it at Best Buy.ca - the 7013 is $1,800.00 off today making it the same price that i paid for my 6013 less than 30 days ago. I'm returning the 6013 tomorrow and the 7013 is in the mail...
Looks like I missed it, it's back up to full price today. Maybe the next sale!
post #1086 of 1232 Old 10-01-2019, 05:31 PM
Advanced Member

I just set up my 7013 - i went through Audssey and everything was working (one of the subs sounded a little funny though - almost a "garble" sound.

I now have no sound from my front left and right towers. They won't even play test tones...all the other speakers play them.

I don't think i touched a thing since running Audssey except changing the speaker size and crossovers to 80.
Center works, subs, and surrounds.

Anyone know what may be going on?
I did the speaker config and all speakers had the music coming from them.

Edit - i did a factory reset and everything is working again. Did i get a dud? Should i exchange for another one?

Sony 65 A1E/LG 55 C9
PSB Image B6 Surrounds
Marantz 7013

Last edited by Dustin Windsor; 10-01-2019 at 06:30 PM.
post #1087 of 1232 Old 10-01-2019, 09:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I installed a brand new 6013 (to replace my old Pio Elite VSX01-TXH) and the rest of my HT is pretty old still. I have an Epson 6500UB projector, and a 37" LG lcd in zone 2.

The problem is that the receiver will only display a picture when connected to the LG TV (regardless of zone). I cannot get anything to show on my projector. The other issue is that with some sources, when I have the display mirrored across both HDMI outputs, the LG screen flashes on and off, while the projector remains black.

Since my projector worked fine with my old receiver, do you think an old HDMI 1.3 cable might be causing me grief? Why is the LG flashing with certain inputs? I have updated the firmware, and it did not help.

I'm not ready to go 4k yet but really don't want to rip the 25' cable out of my ceiling if I don't have to.

Thoughts?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
post #1088 of 1232 Old 10-02-2019, 05:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan94 View Post
I installed a brand new 6013 (to replace my old Pio Elite VSX01-TXH) and the rest of my HT is pretty old still. I have an Epson 6500UB projector, and a 37" LG lcd in zone 2.

The problem is that the receiver will only display a picture when connected to the LG TV (regardless of zone). I cannot get anything to show on my projector. The other issue is that with some sources, when I have the display mirrored across both HDMI outputs, the LG screen flashes on and off, while the projector remains black.

Since my projector worked fine with my old receiver, do you think an old HDMI 1.3 cable might be causing me grief? Why is the LG flashing with certain inputs? I have updated the firmware, and it did not help.

I'm not ready to go 4k yet but really don't want to rip the 25' cable out of my ceiling if I don't have to.

Thoughts?

hdmi may be an issue, some of it maybe old sources, my oppo bdp 93 won't work with any port on 6013 in the back (no sound but it work with front hdmi port) so hdcp 2.2 issue may be an issue.
Spartan94 likes this.

SONY XBR75X900F: Oppo UDP-203: DirecTv 4K: ATV4K
Marantz SR6013: Aircom T8: Dolby Atmos 5.2.4
Definitive Tech. BP9060, CS 9060 HD: Mythos GEM: SM 55
Subwoofer Paradigm X12: Panamax MR4300
Harmony Elite Remote:Philips Hue Ambient Lights
post #1089 of 1232 Old 10-02-2019, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iserum View Post
hdmi may be an issue, some of it maybe old sources, my oppo bdp 93 won't work with any port on 6013 in the back (no sound but it work with front hdmi port) so hdcp 2.2 issue may be an issue.
The hdcp point is interesting, but I have video running on my lcd don't a sagetv extender (2009?), while it flickered madly when running a signal from my Xfinity box (literally a week old).

None of these flickers occur when running a single zone exclusively. I have ordered a replacement HDMI cable for the other zone, so I guess we will see... :/

post #1090 of 1232 Old 10-06-2019, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Can Bluetooth source to be played on Zone2 in NR1609?
post #1091 of 1232 Old 10-07-2019, 02:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballantine View Post
Can Bluetooth source to be played on Zone2 in NR1609?
Yup.
post #1092 of 1232 Old 10-09-2019, 06:49 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Marantz SR5013 - issues, review and comparison with old Onkyo

Hello, a few weeks I decided to make a 'refresh' of my old system that was Panasonic ST60 plazma paired with Onkyo TX-SR508 7.1 receiver , Bi-Amped with PSB Alpha speakers and Energy sub (5.1). I was unlucky that some short circuit (could be due to the storm) burned my HDMI board on Onkyo but also on TV so I decided to invest some money and buy latest available equipment.

For me home theater is more important than listening to music so for TV it was an easy decision: LG OLED C9, 65'', which is amazing, out of this world technology and I would give 10/10 grade. I was always afraid to change good old plasma, but this is heaven to watch.

For AV receiver it was hard to decide and first I was leaning to Denon and later on after reading many of user reviews decided to buy Marantz SR5013, that was for me premium brand in comparison to Onkyo (at least I thought so). I was expecting a huge difference in comparison to 10 years old, and less powerful Onkyo TX-SR508 in all fields, but unfortunately all my expectations were ruined after I set the system, or to say it better...after I was trying to set the system work.

Let's put aside how Marantz sounds, I will come back to this later.
After initial start I was surprised how bad the menus are, I don't like them but this is personal opinion. They look much more 'professional' on my old Onkyo and you have many additional options.

My biggest problem was setting ARC in order to get sound from TV and HDMI control. After many hours of trying I couldn't get this thing work and ended with optic cable that, partially solved the problem. I have the sound but no HDMI control. For comparison... Onkyo with Panasonic was working flawlessly from the first setup. I just needed to press button on PS4 controller and whole system was turned on with the right HDMI input. The same was with shut down sequence.

With LG and Marantz ARC is not working and I really have no idea why. SR508 is 2018. model, C9 is 2019. model. It should be compatible.

Other 'strange' experience with Marantz is Bluetooth that I tested with 2 diferent Androit smarthones (ZTE Axon 7 and latest Xiaomi Mi9). It's stupid that Marantz, when shut down, does not have bluetooth in some kind of stand-by mode so you can easily connect to it whenever you want, so your smartphone would initialize turning of Marantz on, and switching to bluetooth mode. Instead, you have to press Bluetooth on Marantz remote in order to be able to connect. And connecting is hell even after shut down and turn-on it's not working like it should, connection is not instant and smooth, you have to wait and wait and wait and wait... Moreover, after 'successful' Bluetooth connection another strange problem starts..

Imagine yourself watching Netflix in 4K (it has to be 4k)... or youtube 4K video.. So if you have turned tv in the background and you change Marantz to Bluetooth and play something on.. youtube or any local song.. Marantz will play with incredibly strong interference produced probably by wifi conection. Strange, when you use bluetooth Marantz is not downloading anything via wifi but interference exists and music will stop playing, will have distortions, noises, in short words it's impossible to be listened. When you turn tv off it works without issues. When you play some HD material on youtube (on tv) it's also OK. There is only a problem if you play 4K video that uses to much wifi trafic. Strange. Can somebody explain what could be the cause?

Marantz dispaly is really small and bad. Low quality, it looks like it's 30 years old display. I was really disappointed not only by how it looks but also with lack of data is shows. Without ARC I was depending on the display.

Sound level and unresponsive remote control. Since I have to use Marantz remote, which looks cheap and has hard buttons, I was surprised to see how unresponsive it is in comparison with Onkyo remote. You really have to point remote towards Marantz to make it work, you have to point it more to the right side of AV receiver, and if something stands in front (like front speaker in my case) it will be like trying to find a G spot. So disappointed with IR remote and IR receiver. Sound level is also strange. Turning volume up or down lasts incredibly long and you cannot just like that turn the volume up or down.. this process will take some time, a long time.

Sound. I was surprised how the system sounds. I was expecting this. It sounded much fuller than old Onkyo with better vocals and usage of surround speakers. But something was missing and I wasn't able to get this - strong bass like the one present in Onkyo. I like strong deep bass that I can really feel and that is making my house shaking during come action on the screen or when some music hits (i like to play Metallica Nothing else matters for a test) and this is the point that was crucial for me.

I disconnected Marantz and tried to connect old Onkyo (hdmi is not working bur aux is working). And that good old strong, full bass was back.

I still have SR5013 but it's packed in a box and waiting to be returned.
In the meantime I ordered 2019. model Onkyo TX-NR696 that will arrive tomorrow, can't wait to try it.
post #1093 of 1232 Old 10-09-2019, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:

- SR7013 - MSRP $2199, 9.2 CH, 110W, HDMI In/Out (8/3) - avail September
Upgrading from the SR6013 adds Zone 3 (w/digital but not HDMI 2.0 pass through) and Zone 3 pre-outs, an extra Comp IN with the COMP OUT able to be selectable as either MAIN or Zone 2, Blue LED around the Porthole, Remote control w/backlight button & preset codes for other devices; a second 12v Trigger, 2 line display under front panel flap; 2 CH Playback (LARGE/SMALL; crossover settings, sub – on/off, LFE -LFE+MAIN, distance, level), 2nd Optical/Digital Coax inputs, Auro 3D, and Aluminum front panel.
Minor pick... I'm late to the Marantz game and picking up a 7013. Isn't it 125W? Or is that marketing fluff on the Marantz site?
post #1094 of 1232 Old 10-09-2019, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennutt View Post
Minor pick... I'm late to the Marantz game and picking up a 7013. Isn't it 125W? Or is that marketing fluff on the Marantz site?
Correct, thanks for catching that error, not that there would be any noticeable difference in power from the 110W SR6013.
post #1095 of 1232 Old 10-09-2019, 04:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by ane _81 View Post
Hello, a few weeks I decided to make a 'refresh' of my old system that was Panasonic ST60 plazma paired with Onkyo TX-SR508 7.1 receiver , Bi-Amped with PSB Alpha speakers and Energy sub (5.1). I was unlucky that some short circuit (could be due to the storm) burned my HDMI board on Onkyo but also on TV so I decided to invest some money and buy latest available equipment.

For me home theater is more important than listening to music so for TV it was an easy decision: LG OLED C9, 65'', which is amazing, out of this world technology and I would give 10/10 grade. I was always afraid to change good old plasma, but this is heaven to watch.

For AV receiver it was hard to decide and first I was leaning to Denon and later on after reading many of user reviews decided to buy Marantz SR5013, that was for me premium brand in comparison to Onkyo (at least I thought so). I was expecting a huge difference in comparison to 10 years old, and less powerful Onkyo TX-SR508 in all fields, but unfortunately all my expectations were ruined after I set the system, or to say it better...after I was trying to set the system work.

Let's put aside how Marantz sounds, I will come back to this later.
After initial start I was surprised how bad the menus are, I don't like them but this is personal opinion. They look much more 'professional' on my old Onkyo and you have many additional options.

My biggest problem was setting ARC in order to get sound from TV and HDMI control. After many hours of trying I couldn't get this thing work and ended with optic cable that, partially solved the problem. I have the sound but no HDMI control. For comparison... Onkyo with Panasonic was working flawlessly from the first setup. I just needed to press button on PS4 controller and whole system was turned on with the right HDMI input. The same was with shut down sequence.

With LG and Marantz ARC is not working and I really have no idea why. SR508 is 2018. model, C9 is 2019. model. It should be compatible.

Other 'strange' experience with Marantz is Bluetooth that I tested with 2 diferent Androit smarthones (ZTE Axon 7 and latest Xiaomi Mi9). It's stupid that Marantz, when shut down, does not have bluetooth in some kind of stand-by mode so you can easily connect to it whenever you want, so your smartphone would initialize turning of Marantz on, and switching to bluetooth mode. Instead, you have to press Bluetooth on Marantz remote in order to be able to connect. And connecting is hell even after shut down and turn-on it's not working like it should, connection is not instant and smooth, you have to wait and wait and wait and wait... Moreover, after 'successful' Bluetooth connection another strange problem starts..

Imagine yourself watching Netflix in 4K (it has to be 4k)... or youtube 4K video.. So if you have turned tv in the background and you change Marantz to Bluetooth and play something on.. youtube or any local song.. Marantz will play with incredibly strong interference produced probably by wifi conection. Strange, when you use bluetooth Marantz is not downloading anything via wifi but interference exists and music will stop playing, will have distortions, noises, in short words it's impossible to be listened. When you turn tv off it works without issues. When you play some HD material on youtube (on tv) it's also OK. There is only a problem if you play 4K video that uses to much wifi trafic. Strange. Can somebody explain what could be the cause?

Marantz dispaly is really small and bad. Low quality, it looks like it's 30 years old display. I was really disappointed not only by how it looks but also with lack of data is shows. Without ARC I was depending on the display.

Sound level and unresponsive remote control. Since I have to use Marantz remote, which looks cheap and has hard buttons, I was surprised to see how unresponsive it is in comparison with Onkyo remote. You really have to point remote towards Marantz to make it work, you have to point it more to the right side of AV receiver, and if something stands in front (like front speaker in my case) it will be like trying to find a G spot. So disappointed with IR remote and IR receiver. Sound level is also strange. Turning volume up or down lasts incredibly long and you cannot just like that turn the volume up or down.. this process will take some time, a long time.

Sound. I was surprised how the system sounds. I was expecting this. It sounded much fuller than old Onkyo with better vocals and usage of surround speakers. But something was missing and I wasn't able to get this - strong bass like the one present in Onkyo. I like strong deep bass that I can really feel and that is making my house shaking during come action on the screen or when some music hits (i like to play Metallica Nothing else matters for a test) and this is the point that was crucial for me.

I disconnected Marantz and tried to connect old Onkyo (hdmi is not working bur aux is working). And that good old strong, full bass was back.

I still have SR5013 but it's packed in a box and waiting to be returned.
In the meantime I ordered 2019. model Onkyo TX-NR696 that will arrive tomorrow, can't wait to try it.

THis sucks. Sorry to hear. Just got my SR5013 refurb, I'll keep an eye out for this.

Sound wise, is it possible that you're just familiar and used to the Onkyo sound?
post #1096 of 1232 Old 10-10-2019, 03:57 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokarz View Post
THis sucks. Sorry to hear. Just got my SR5013 refurb, I'll keep an eye out for this.

Sound wise, is it possible that you're just familiar and used to the Onkyo sound?
I would say that I'm used on the user friendly and logical setup of Onkyo and also on how perfect everything was with Onyko. Working just like expected. It's not acceptable for me to have latest 2019. TV that I cannot connect flawlessly with 2018 AV receiver. I don't care how it sound if it is not compatible.

I will be able to compare sounds after I try Onkyo 696.
But comparing 10 years old and less powerful Onkyo, Marantz sounds better, warmer and fuller, but it lacks that deep bass that I can easily get from Onkyo, so for my taste I would go for Onkyo due to the bass.

I believe that after I try 696 it will be easy task to decide which one is better.
Right now I can say that I'm disappointed with Marantz in all this fields: setup options, ARC, remote control, bluetooth, display, bass
post #1097 of 1232 Old 10-10-2019, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ane _81 View Post
I will be able to compare sounds after I try Onkyo 696.
But comparing 10 years old and less powerful Onkyo, Marantz sounds better, warmer and fuller, but it lacks that deep bass that I can easily get from Onkyo, so for my taste I would go for Onkyo due to the bass.
That really sounds like you do not have the Marantz set up correctly regards equalization or have the Onkyo set up (regards equalization) to over emphasize bass frequencies. What sound source are you using and what play back mode? Direct, Pure Direct, or Auto? Did you set up the system with Audyssey? The SR5013 really is more than capable of exceeding the bass capabilities of the older TX-SR508. You may have gotten a lemon or just haven't yet found the setup sweet spot for the Marantz. Took me a while to....especially with regards to getting the bass where I preferred it. Good Luck
ambesolman and happygodavid like this.
post #1098 of 1232 Old 10-11-2019, 12:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starstrike View Post
Looks like I missed it, it's back up to full price today. Maybe the next sale!

Its back on sale until tomorrow for $1,800.00 off...
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...errer=PDP_Reco

Sony 65 A1E/LG 55 C9
PSB Image B6 Surrounds
Marantz 7013
post #1099 of 1232 Old 10-11-2019, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Windsor View Post
Its back on sale
As a reminder there is no price discussion in this or any other thread other than the Deals sticky thread.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...ls-sticky.html
post #1100 of 1232 Old 10-11-2019, 01:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
As a reminder there is no price discussion in this or any other thread other than the Deals sticky thread.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...ls-sticky.html

I had no idea, sorry! Feel free to delete

Sony 65 A1E/LG 55 C9
PSB Image B6 Surrounds
Marantz 7013
post #1101 of 1232 Old 10-11-2019, 08:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 187
I was sort of hoping this would be worked out by now.. but 2 HDMI outputs doesn't really count if you are using full bandwidth.

When connecting multiple Dolby Vision TVs, the signal will only be optimal for one TV. A TV connected to the HDMI MONITOR 1 connector has priority.
Translated... if you hook up a Dolby Vision set and *even have dual monitors enabled* on the Marantz, nothing outputs correctly. Once you set it to "Monitor 1 only", then it works.

I was hoping to be able to use two different inputs on the TV to anchor picture settings based on source.
post #1102 of 1232 Old 10-13-2019, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Network question regarding the NR1609 - If I connect my PC music server to the NR1609 via CAT5 will it 1) output music that way and 2) will it output music via Zone 2 (speaker assign)?

I don't own the NR1609 yet and the manual seems a bit ambiguous unless I overlooked something (quite possible). The manual talks about streaming all kinds of music via wired network except personal collections so it's not clear to me if the network port is really just for Internet connectivity. Also my understanding is that the Zone 2 will not output digital audio sources -- manual specifically mentions optical, coax, HDMI, but nothing about ethernet. Isn't ethernet considered digital?
post #1103 of 1232 Old 10-13-2019, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokarz View Post

His remote issues seem to be the most read comments and reviews that are negative. Now that I have one, I have to say the remote is not premium. That said, this is getting integrated into a tablet control system, so I wont have to deal with it longer. On the display, this is like a signature or something I feel like for them. I agree, it is small and doesnt give a lot of info. That said, its also simplistically elegant as well.

I have had some arc power on power off issues, but I am waiting on my 6013 to show up. Got a nice deal from Accy4less on a refurb. Returning the BB 5013 as soon as it shows up and will commence with troubleshooting power control issues.

OTA with 2 handcrafted 4 bays | Whole home Wired GigE | 16TB UnRaid running on SC846 24 bay TAMS | Arris SB 6183 - 200/20 Charter (yuck) | Main Screen - LG 55EF9500 | RaspberryPI KODI on 27" monitor | 2 x Nexus 4 | 3 x Nexus 7 | LG G3 | Nexus 5x | iPod touch 6gen
post #1104 of 1232 Old 10-14-2019, 02:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by specs68 View Post
Network question regarding the NR1609 - If I connect my PC music server to the NR1609 via CAT5 will it 1) output music that way and 2) will it output music via Zone 2 (speaker assign)?

I don't own the NR1609 yet and the manual seems a bit ambiguous unless I overlooked something (quite possible). The manual talks about streaming all kinds of music via wired network except personal collections so it's not clear to me if the network port is really just for Internet connectivity. Also my understanding is that the Zone 2 will not output digital audio sources -- manual specifically mentions optical, coax, HDMI, but nothing about ethernet. Isn't ethernet considered digital?
1. No, internet connectivity only.
2. Zone 2 can pass network audio (either from a wired or wireless network connection).
post #1105 of 1232 Old 10-14-2019, 02:59 AM

Hey guys, I’ve been experiencing an odd problem with my SR6013 lately where It simply shuts off after 45-60 minutes of use while watching a movie. I’ve not run it excessively loud or anything, but did notice that the receiver is running extremely hot.

It’s located inside a double enclosed rack in which I always keep the front door open. There is an internal fan system built in to the rack, but perhaps that’s not enough.

Is this a normal issue with Marantz receivers? I’ve read on the forums that they recommend adding an AC Infinity Aircom T10 or similar fan system that can be placed directly on top of the receiver. Does anyone have experience with this and can shed some light? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
post #1106 of 1232 Old 10-14-2019, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hey guys, I’ve been experiencing an odd problem with my SR6013 lately where It simply shuts off after 45-60 minutes of use while watching a movie. I’ve not run it excessively loud or anything, but did notice that the receiver is running extremely hot.

It’s located inside a double enclosed rack in which I always keep the front door open. There is an internal fan system built in to the rack, but perhaps that’s not enough.

Is this a normal issue with Marantz receivers? I’ve read on the forums that they recommend adding an AC Infinity Aircom T10 or similar fan system that can be placed directly on top of the receiver. Does anyone have experience with this and can shed some light? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
If your AVR is running "extremely hot", than yes, your current cooling method is insufficient. The T10 will resolve this by exhausting the warm air out the front door of the cabinet.
post #1107 of 1232 Old 10-15-2019, 02:42 AM

Quote:
If your AVR is running "extremely hot", than yes, your current cooling method is insufficient. The T10 will resolve this by exhausting the warm air out the front door of the cabinet.
Thanks so much for the input. I've ordered a T10. Fingers crossed that it's sufficient enough to keep the receiver cool.
post #1108 of 1232 Old 10-15-2019, 02:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks so much for the input. I've ordered a T10. Fingers crossed that it's sufficient enough to keep the receiver cool.
It will. There have been dozens of posts over the years where members have commented how well the AC Infinity fans work in their setups.
post #1109 of 1232 Old 10-15-2019, 05:38 AM
Advanced Member

This may be a silly question but will the 7013 do HDMI 2.1 in the future?

Sony 65 A1E/LG 55 C9
PSB Image B6 Surrounds
Marantz 7013
post #1110 of 1232 Old 10-15-2019, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 32
AFAIK, no it cannot. It would need a new HDMI board with new chipset, I think only some high end AVRs may offer an upgrade option at a cost but not 7013 and lower models.

Edit: D&M has already added eARC which is a 2.1 feature that can be added in software. To support the other features will require higher bandwidth up to 48Gbps.

Panasonic TX-65GZ950B, Oppo UDP-203, Musical Fidelity M3i, Marantz SR7013, 5.1.2 - Dali Oberon 5, Oberon Vokal, Oberon 1, Alteco C-1, BK P12-300SB-PR, Apple TV 4K, Sky Q (UHD/Atmos), Sky Fiber Max (80/20).

Last edited by Russ_64; 10-15-2019 at 11:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
crash , freeze , Marantz , problem , sr6013

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page