"OFFICIAL" 2018 Marantz "NR-Series"/"SR-Series" AVR Owner's Thread + FAQ (Posts 1-7) - Page 58 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 245Likes

post #1711 of 1720 Old 05-15-2020, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 822 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24115 Post(s)
Liked: 13332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrotheads View Post
Is the SR7013 getting Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization?
AFAIK, no, as this feature will remain only available on 2019 and newer models (ie. on the SR7013 successor, SR7015 likely to be released later this fall).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1712 of 1720 Old 05-20-2020, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frensh Prince View Post
Hi there,

I think the SR7013 have an issue with Audissey.

When I set the Audissey mode to L/R bypass, my front speakers are almost 10db lower than in Reference, Flat, or None .

I know it’s not a usual behavior since I already owned a couple of receivers with AudisseyXT32.
And bypass usually disable EQ on front speaker without changing the levels.

I asked on a french forum, and someone else hat this issue.
Also, I found this post on the audissey thread about the same bug on the x4500h.

Is that the case for you too ?

Thanks

Yes same here.
post #1713 of 1720 Old 05-22-2020, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
SR 6013

Sorting out HDMI power control... (?)

I use both Zone 1 HDMI outs - one to tv and the other to a projector.

When I watch movies, the tv also turns on. When I turn off the tv, it shuts down the source that the movie was playing from. Switching output in Zone 1 from "dual" to just the non-tv output doesn't avoid the tv turning on.

Also, if I leave the tv on without using that output, it seems to time out and shut itself off... which also shuts off the source.

Also, when watching in-tv apps with ARC sound, the AVR seems to also time out and shut itself off.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

"I am aware that this Thread is rather old but I still want to make a reply."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1714 of 1720 Old 05-22-2020, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 822 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24115 Post(s)
Liked: 13332
Quote:
Originally Posted by cueCrew View Post
SR 6013

Sorting out HDMI power control... (?)

I use both Zone 1 HDMI outs - one to tv and the other to a projector.

When I watch movies, the tv also turns on. When I turn off the tv, it shuts down the source that the movie was playing from. Switching output in Zone 1 from "dual" to just the non-tv output doesn't avoid the tv turning on.

Also, if I leave the tv on without using that output, it seems to time out and shut itself off... which also shuts off the source.

Also, when watching in-tv apps with ARC sound, the AVR seems to also time out and shut itself off.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
HDMI Control on these newer models is no longer required as there is now a dedicated "ARC" setting, so set HDMI Control to OFF. After doing so, power off the AVR, TV, and HDMI sources and unplug their respective power cables and HDMI cables that connect them for a few minutes. Connect all power and HDMI cables. Power on the TV, pause 5 seconds, AVR, pause 5 seconds, then the source.

You may also find that using a 3rd party device (eg. Roku 4k, Firestick, Apple TV, etc.) for streaming services that is connected directly to the AVR is far more reliable than using the TV's smart apps via ARC.
post #1715 of 1720 Old 05-23-2020, 08:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
HDMI Control on these newer models is no longer required as there is now a dedicated "ARC" setting, so set HDMI Control to OFF. After doing so, power off the AVR, TV, and HDMI sources and unplug their respective power cables and HDMI cables that connect them for a few minutes. Connect all power and HDMI cables. Power on the TV, pause 5 seconds, AVR, pause 5 seconds, then the source.

You may also find that using a 3rd party device (eg. Roku 4k, Firestick, Apple TV, etc.) for streaming services that is connected directly to the AVR is far more reliable than using the TV's smart apps via ARC.
Thanks for the process. I did run through this. The LG “simplink” automatically turns on, but i scrolled down and disengaged the “auto-off” option. Hopefully that settles the interactions a bit. AppleTv and Panasonic UB9000 are also there as sources, but I was curious to see if audio-sync would be better coming straight out of the tv with ARC.

"I am aware that this Thread is rather old but I still want to make a reply."
post #1716 of 1720 Old 05-26-2020, 01:39 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi collective mind, I tried to read through all 228 pages but didn't find a same issue... maybe someone knows what to do.

I have a 75Q90R and Marantz SR5014 (2019 year model with 4K, Dolby Vision and eARC), connected properly for ARC with normal AmazonBasics cable. Everything works fine for ARC connection (when I use TV's internal apps), in this case Marantz provides sound as expected. It also shows it's setup, HEOS and other screens when I select HDMI3 input on TV. However Marantz's GUI looks weird with dimming but this is not a problem for now.

Yesterday I've purchased Shield to use it as a Plex player for "heavy" rips with TrueHD, DTS MA and so on. When I connected it to one of Marantz's HDMI ports, Q90R has immediately lost the HDMI signal while sound from the Shield's setup procedure appeared in the receiver's speakers. It was strange. With disconnected Shield, Q90R started to show Marantz's GUI again.

I did a factory reset for Marantz, and Shield's video appeared on TV. 4K SDR, 4K HDR - no problem. Marantz even correctly merged its data into signal (info, sound volume etc.). Ok, I thought that the problem has gone.

In the morning the same issue started again - no video from Marantz at all, neither from setup screen nor from Shield video input. Marantz's web console shows that Shield switched to 1080p/60Hz but no video is sent to the receiver video outputs.

P.S. I also plan to try to test Marantz with "dumb" computer monitor with HDMI input tonight and check if the problem continues without the Samsung TV. I have no idea what to do next. The only hope is for eARC and direct connection of the Shield to the TV.
post #1717 of 1720 Old 05-26-2020, 07:06 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaF0x View Post
Hi collective mind, I tried to read through all 228 pages but didn't find a same issue... maybe someone knows what to do.

I have a 75Q90R and Marantz SR5014 (2019 year model with 4K, Dolby Vision and eARC), connected properly for ARC with normal AmazonBasics cable. Everything works fine for ARC connection (when I use TV's internal apps), in this case Marantz provides sound as expected. It also shows it's setup, HEOS and other screens when I select HDMI3 input on TV. However Marantz's GUI looks weird with dimming but this is not a problem for now.

Yesterday I've purchased Shield to use it as a Plex player for "heavy" rips with TrueHD, DTS MA and so on. When I connected it to one of Marantz's HDMI ports, Q90R has immediately lost the HDMI signal while sound from the Shield's setup procedure appeared in the receiver's speakers. It was strange. With disconnected Shield, Q90R started to show Marantz's GUI again.

I did a factory reset for Marantz, and Shield's video appeared on TV. 4K SDR, 4K HDR - no problem. Marantz even correctly merged its data into signal (info, sound volume etc.). Ok, I thought that the problem has gone.

In the morning the same issue started again - no video from Marantz at all, neither from setup screen nor from Shield video input. Marantz's web console shows that Shield switched to 1080p/60Hz but no video is sent to the receiver video outputs.

P.S. I also plan to try to test Marantz with "dumb" computer monitor with HDMI input tonight and check if the problem continues without the Samsung TV. I have no idea what to do next. The only hope is for eARC and direct connection of the Shield to the TV.
Have you checked to see if the hdmi port is set to Enhanced in the marantz setup? If not maybe that could be the problem.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
post #1718 of 1720 Old 05-26-2020, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbringer View Post
Have you checked to see if the hdmi port is set to Enhanced in the marantz setup? If not maybe that could be the problem.
It was definitely set to "Enhanced" because yesterday when I did a factory reset to Marantz unit and HDMI started to work, this setting was dropped to its default "Standard" state, and it was easily recognized by inaccurate colors. After this I set it to "Enhanced", checked that Shield found the connection as "HDR10 compatible", and Samsung TV displayed "HDR UHD" in status line.
post #1719 of 1720 Old 05-26-2020, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrotheads View Post
Yes same here.
Thanks (I almost thought my post was invisible)
So I contacted the Marantz Support to report this issue (may 9), but no answer yet
post #1720 of 1720 Old Yesterday, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaF0x View Post
It was definitely set to "Enhanced" because yesterday when I did a factory reset to Marantz unit and HDMI started to work, this setting was dropped to its default "Standard" state, and it was easily recognized by inaccurate colors. After this I set it to "Enhanced", checked that Shield found the connection as "HDR10 compatible", and Samsung TV displayed "HDR UHD" in status line.
Ok, there's small update on above. I had a little time yesterday to play with all this stuff, but what I did:
1) turned off: on Samsung Q90R - Anynet+, on Marantz - all HDMI settings (no passthrough, no HDMI control, no ARC), Shield - CEC control off.
Shield display output and Marantz GUI appeared, so the issue is not connected to "Enhanced" 4K setting. With Shield turned off and its input selected, TV says that there is no signal. Ok, it's logical.
2) I turned on ARC in Marantz HDMI settings (passthrough is still off, HDMI control is off) and Anynet+ on TV.
Everything continue to work, simple CEC control also started to work between TV and AVR (sound volume control).

So only two settings was left off: HDMI passthrough and HDMI control. I will do more testing, but it seems that the problem lies beneath one of them, and I bet it is "passthrough".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
atv4k , crash , Dts , epson 5040 , freeze , imax enhanced , Marantz , marantz 6013 , problem , sr6013

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page