2018 Pioneer LX303 & LX103 - Dolby Atmos / DTS:X / Dolby Vision / HLG - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #31 of 85 Old 11-26-2018, 03:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked: 226
I think you should try to set speaker levels manually. This can help you understand the amount of gain applied to each channel. Plus using a Sound Pressure Level Meter lets the user see the sound levels. Perhaps low gain causes you to increase the volume.
The SPL meter needs to be placed where you placed the Pioneer mic, hopefully at ear level, with no obstructions nearby.
Can you post the current level settings?

Espo77's living room equipment: RECEIVER: Yamaha RX-A3030- SPEAKERS: Boston Acoustics M350, M25 center, surrounds, and front heights-
BLU-RAY: Oppo BDP103D- SUBWOOFER: HSU VTF-15H MK2- dedicated circuits for A/V- TV: Vizio P55C-1
Auralex Acoustics LENRD - Auralex Acoustics Roominator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 85 Old 11-26-2018, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Hi thank you. I just purchased an spl meter and will have in two days. My kids were just watching tv and volume was at -10. There is only 28 dB to go until max at +18. Something has to be off I think as -10 is not that loud. Speakers are only 10 feet away from the mic which is at ear level.
post #33 of 85 Old 11-26-2018, 07:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 993 Post(s)
Liked: 579
Yeah, definitely seams off. Your manual (pg 108) says how to check the current channel levels, can you go into the setup and check them? If any are very negative, then that's probably your issue.

However, the channel levels seem to go from -12db .. +12db so, even if they were all set to -12db and you bumped to 0db, you're still sitting at -22db for your current loudness. In my experience, you should never need to push it that high just to make it comfortably audible unless you need some hearing aids, lol.

The other possibility is that the levels are already in the positive and there's something going wrong with your speakers. MCACC should try to set those channel levels such that 0db is "reference level". If your speakers have a blown driver, for example, then it'll push the levels up to compensate, but it can't overcome a blown driver. I'd think, however, you'd notice this....

Could also be source related, do you have another source to check?

But, as @Espo77 asked, can you check and post your current channel levels before we go any further with speculating?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 85 Old 11-27-2018, 06:14 AM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Thanks. Did a reset, ran MCACC again and I think it's in a better place now volume wise. I had to keep the volume somewhat low last night because the kids were sleeping and it was at -38. Better than the -20 range I was in but I'll fool around with the system again later to be sure.

Current channel levels:
FL +1.0dB
C -2.5dB
FR +1.0dB
SL +2.0dB
SR +2.0dB
Sub +1.5dB

Unrelated question. If I purchase two Sonos Connects, can I hook them up to Zone 2 and 3 and operate them both independently through the Sonos app? I currently have one Connect hooked up to Zone 2 and it works great so far.

Thanks,
Brian
post #35 of 85 Old 11-29-2018, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
VSX-LX303 Sound Quality Issues

Hello Forum Community,

I'm having sound quality issues with my Pioneer VSX-LX303.

tl;dr For Movies, with double bass off, it lacks effects; with it on, it sounds muffled.
tl;dr For Music, it lacks detail and bass, completely.

The setup:
  • Pioneer VSX-LX303 5.1 BiAmp
  • Polk T50 mains (BiAmped)
  • Polk T30 center
  • Polk T15 surrounds
  • Polk PSW505 sub (crossed at 100hz)
  • Xbox One S (5.1 Uncompressed)

What I have tried:
  • Ran Auto MCACC setup 3 times, twice Multi-point, once Single-point
  • Switched the Xbox to Bitstream output, DTS format, more bass but sounds cheap like a boombox
  • Adjusted Bass and Treble
  • Bass increase sounds boomy
  • Bass decrease loses effects
  • Treble increase sounds tinny
  • Treble decrease sounds muffled
  • Adjusted Mcacc EQ Manually
  • Turned off double bass, increased bass sliders for front speakers, sounds boomy
  • Changed sound modes for Music
  • Stereo sounds bright and cheap
  • Auto sounds smooth but muffled
  • Double bass sounds more realistic but sounds fake

Why it's not the speakers:
I have had the speakers for a few years hooked to a low end VSX-520 Pioneer receiver with no issues. With that receiver, they are clear, loud, big sound, and have great definition when listening to music via the same Xbox. Unfortunately the surround sound with movies is pretty awful, which is why I upgraded.

Other issue:
The old receiver set to Auto would automatically use all 5.1 channels for movies (netflix on xbox), and 2.1 for music (spotify on xbox). Why does the new stereo not automatically switch modes when I switch apps? Nothing has changed on the xbox.

Thank you in advance.
post #36 of 85 Old 11-29-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_15_KL View Post
Hello Forum Community,

tl;dr For Movies, with double bass off, it lacks effects; with it on, it sounds muffled.

The setup:
  • Polk T30 center
  • Polk T15 surrounds

What I have tried:
  • Switched the Xbox to Bitstream output, DTS format, more bass but sounds cheap like a boombox
  • Turned off double bass, increased bass sliders for front speakers, sounds boomy

I have had the speakers for a few years hooked to a low end VSX-520 Pioneer receiver with no issues. With that receiver, they are clear, loud, big sound, and have great definition when listening to music via the same Xbox. Unfortunately the surround sound with movies is pretty awful, which is why I upgraded.

Other issue:
The old receiver set to Auto would automatically use all 5.1 channels for movies (netflix on xbox), and 2.1 for music (spotify on xbox). Why does the new stereo not automatically switch modes when I switch apps? Nothing has changed on the xbox.

Thank you in advance.
One other issue, my subwoofer is set to auto and turns off if the volume is not above -20. Stays on all the time with my old receiver.
post #37 of 85 Old 11-29-2018, 04:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by briang2408 View Post
Hi - just purchased Pioneer VSX-LX303, set everything up, ran MCACC, etc. I have Def Tech 1000 system (5.1) and I feel like the volume output is low. I have to turn the volume to -10 to -20 for normal listening. I thought at these levels it would be very loud. I'm on my second unit because I thought the first one had an issue... but I guess this is okay?

I'm comparing to my VSX-43 receiver and once I turned that up to 50-60% volume it would hurt your ears. On this new AVR I'm at 70-80% and doesn't seem that loud.

Thanks,
Brian
I had the same problem. There is a setting to adjust volume of source devices. You can bump it up & I lock the volume upon turning the AVR on. It is for source devices that have different volume levels but works on each source independently. I just don't remember where the setting is but it is nested in an on screen menu I believe bottom left. Not at my house now but also look in the manual under source adjustments.
post #38 of 85 Old 11-30-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_15_KL View Post
Hello Forum Community,

The setup:
  • Polk T30 center
  • Polk T15 surrounds

What I have tried:

Other issue:

Thank you in advance.
Made some progress. Set double bass on, set bass and treble to 0, increased the subwoofer channel to +2, increased center channel to slightly louder than mains, set the mode to DTS instead of Auto. Now effects are back, bass is restored, sound is crystal clear and not muffled. Why did I have to force the sound mode to get clear sound? Seems like Auto would work better on a new receiver.

Still lacks detail with music over my old receiver, but it's minimal.
post #39 of 85 Old 12-03-2018, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 18
LX303 doesn't light up Surround Back Left and Surround Back Right indicators

Hi everyone,

I have the Pioneer LX303. I have the speaker configuration set at 5.1.4 with Height 1 Speaker as Top Front and Height 2 Speaker as Top Rear. All of my speaker indicators in the front light up except the Surround Back Left (SBL) and Surround Back Right (SBR). No matter what I do, I can't seem to have those light up.

Does anyone that has the 5.1.4 speaker configuration have the SBL and SBR indicators light up or how you get the indicators to light up? I have pictures of the configuration and the front of the receiver. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181202_235128.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	690.5 KB
ID:	2491152   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181203_230328.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	535.2 KB
ID:	2491154  
post #40 of 85 Old 12-04-2018, 08:29 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynejs View Post
Hi everyone,

I have the Pioneer LX303. I have the speaker configuration set at 5.1.4 with Height 1 Speaker as Top Front and Height 2 Speaker as Top Rear. All of my speaker indicators in the front light up except the Surround Back Left (SBL) and Surround Back Right (SBR). No matter what I do, I can't seem to have those light up.

Does anyone that has the 5.1.4 speaker configuration have the SBL and SBR indicators light up or how you get the indicators to light up? I have pictures of the configuration and the front of the receiver. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I just got off the phone with Pioneer support. After walking through the setup config with me, the support rep saw that if the configuration is 5.1.4, the SBL and SBR indicators will never light up. Those are used for different speaker configuration, so my setup should be fine. Glad to know I wasn't setting anything up incorrectly.
post #41 of 85 Old 12-10-2018, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
Sorry, I need some more help... I'm struggling with the HDMI Passthru and ARC...

My setup is all HDMI video components (Sony UDP-X800 Bluray, FireTV Cube, and Comcast cable box) running into Pioneer Elite VSX-LX103, and out of the Pioneer to the Sony XBR65X900F TV.

I want to setup two actions/activities on my Harmony 665 remote. First being "Watch TV" which turns on only the cable box and TV, and uses the TV's internal speakers and the receiver's HDMI passthru function, which is fine for normal TV programs and such. The second being "Watch TV w/Surround" that would turn on the TV, Cable Box, and Receiver and use the Receiver and its speakers for when we want to watch movies or sports with surround sound.

With Bravia Sync on in the TV, and the Pioneer's HDMI options of HDMI CEC On, HDMI Standby Through Auto, ARC Auto, the receiver turns on anytime the TV does, and the TV detects the external audio and disables its speakers. In other words, this is fine for "watch TV w/surround" but doesn't work for "watch TV" (with the receiver off, using HDMI passthru).

If I turn off Bravia sync in the TV OR change the Pioneer's HDMI settings to HDMI CEC OFF, HDMI Standby CBL/SAT, the receiver stays off and passthru works for the "Watch TV" action. Unfortunately when Bravia Sync is off and I use "Watch TV w/Surround", the TV doesn't auto-detect that the receiver is powered on to turn off the TV's speakers for me (and I have to manually either volume down the TV, or use the TV menu to switch to external audio), so "Watch TV w/Surround" doesn't work well. Also, set with the receiver's HDMI CEC off, ARC doesn't work (ARC is needed for watching movies with the TV's built in Vudu app since the FireTV doesn't have one, and the UDP-X800's vudu app doesn't support UHD) .

Any tips on how I should set this up?
I have the same scenario that I would like help with.

Additionally, when CEC and ARC is on, when everything powers up, after a few seconds the LX103 auto changes to TV and the TV loses signal. As if the LX is sensing the TV input from ARC and auto-switching to that source when I want it on Cable/Sat.
post #42 of 85 Old 12-22-2018, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pioneer VSX-LX103 BT connected but no sound

Im having an issue with my pioneer receiver where I can connect devices but I do not get any sound coming out. Ive connected my phone (moto z2 force) via bluetooth and tried to play music (pandora and youtube) but nothing plays out of the receiver. Ive also tried it with my gaming PC but have the same results. Receiver works fine for everything else but all of a sudden BT does not work. Any help appreciated. I have updated the receiver as well with no results.
post #43 of 85 Old 01-04-2019, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
Sorry, I need some more help... I'm struggling with the HDMI Passthru and ARC...

My setup is all HDMI video components (Sony UDP-X800 Bluray, FireTV Cube, and Comcast cable box) running into Pioneer Elite VSX-LX103, and out of the Pioneer to the Sony XBR65X900F TV.

I want to setup two actions/activities on my Harmony 665 remote. First being "Watch TV" which turns on only the cable box and TV, and uses the TV's internal speakers and the receiver's HDMI passthru function, which is fine for normal TV programs and such. The second being "Watch TV w/Surround" that would turn on the TV, Cable Box, and Receiver and use the Receiver and its speakers for when we want to watch movies or sports with surround sound.

With Bravia Sync on in the TV, and the Pioneer's HDMI options of HDMI CEC On, HDMI Standby Through Auto, ARC Auto, the receiver turns on anytime the TV does, and the TV detects the external audio and disables its speakers. In other words, this is fine for "watch TV w/surround" but doesn't work for "watch TV" (with the receiver off, using HDMI passthru).

If I turn off Bravia sync in the TV OR change the Pioneer's HDMI settings to HDMI CEC OFF, HDMI Standby CBL/SAT, the receiver stays off and passthru works for the "Watch TV" action. Unfortunately when Bravia Sync is off and I use "Watch TV w/Surround", the TV doesn't auto-detect that the receiver is powered on to turn off the TV's speakers for me (and I have to manually either volume down the TV, or use the TV menu to switch to external audio), so "Watch TV w/Surround" doesn't work well. Also, set with the receiver's HDMI CEC off, ARC doesn't work (ARC is needed for watching movies with the TV's built in Vudu app since the FireTV doesn't have one, and the UDP-X800's vudu app doesn't support UHD) .

Any tips on how I should set this up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected],com View Post
I have the same scenario that I would like help with.

Additionally, when CEC and ARC is on, when everything powers up, after a few seconds the LX103 auto changes to TV and the TV loses signal. As if the LX is sensing the TV input from ARC and auto-switching to that source when I want it on Cable/Sat.
Sorry for the long delay... but I have some updated info... I'm not sure IF there was an update to the LX103 that fixed this for me or what... but I did manage to get everything working except ARC. Its not as big of an issue because all the apps I find myself using exist on the Fire TV, so the TV's built in apps aren't as necessary..

Firmware i'm using is 1030-5000-1040-0010 (apparently there is a slightly newer revision on Pioneer's web site)

Connections to the Inputs of the LX103 are...
CBL/SAT - Comcast Cable Box
BD/DVD - Sony UBP-X800 Bluray/4K/3D Player
Strm Box - Amazon Fire TV Cube

All inputs on the receiver are set as HDCP2.2 under the receiver's System Setup -> Input/Output Assign -> HDMI Input Menu.

HDMI out of the LX103 is fed to HDMI 3(ARC) input of the Sony XBR65X900F 4K TV

On the receiver...
System Setup -> Hardware -> HDMI
HDMI CEC Off
HDMI Standby Through - CBL/SAT
Audio TV Out - OFF
Audio Return Channel (Grayed out)
Auto Delay - OFF

System Setup -> Hardware -> Power Management
Sleep Timer - OFF
Auto Standby - OFF
Auto Standby in HDMI Standby Through - (Grayed out)
Network Standby - OFF
Bluetooth Wakeup - OFF

On the TV.. Bravia Sync Settings are...
Bravia Sync control - ON
Device auto power off - OFF
TV auto power on - OFF
Device control keys - NONE

In this setup... With only the TV and Cable box turned on, the audio comes out the TV speakers. (I call this "watch tv" on my harmony remote)

When I select, "watch Tv with surround" the TV, Cable Box and Receiver turn on, receiver sets to CBL/SAT, and I get audio out the receiver only. When I select the options to watch the Fire TV or Bluray, the audio correctly comes out of the receiver.

If I want audio from the Youtube, Google Play Movies, FandangoNow or other apps built into the TV to play through the receiver, I must enable HDMI CEC on the receiver under System Setup -> Hardware -> HDMI, and adjust the Audio Return Channel setting. When done, I must turn it off.
post #44 of 85 Old 01-15-2019, 01:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I am having a problem playing MKV files from my 2 DVD players. It seems the HDMI 2.0 is causing the handshake to cease & I get no sound. This all started when I replaced my TV with a 4k. I tried turning of 4k upconvert, same results. Are any of the HDMI ports the older 1.4? I see nothing in the manual about this & don't know if 5 & 6 are fixed 2.0/2.2
It was working fine via USB in DVD player & streaming from my NAS. Now no sound but picture is fine.
post #45 of 85 Old 01-15-2019, 02:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
I am having a problem playing MKV files from my 2 DVD players. It seems the HDMI 2.0 is causing the handshake to cease & I get no sound. This all started when I replaced my TV with a 4k. I tried turning of 4k upconvert, same results. Are any of the HDMI ports the older 1.4? I see nothing in the manual about this & don't know if 5 & 6 are fixed 2.0/2.2
It was working fine via USB in DVD player & streaming from my NAS. Now no sound but picture is fine.
They should all be hdcp 2.2 and hdmi 2.0. Maybe you have old hdmi cables that are causing the issue?
post #46 of 85 Old 02-05-2019, 10:56 PM

Pioneer VSX-LX 303

I have the Pioneer VSX-LX303. I have 2 Subs hookup to Receiver but in Speaker Configuration can only select 5.1.4. I don't see a option for 5.2.4 but sounds comes out of Both Subs anyone does anyone know why I cant select 5.2.4 option on Receiver ?

Kevin Dujnic
post #47 of 85 Old 02-06-2019, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

kevin, mcacc basic doesn't have the ability to independently calibrate dual subs. So Pioneer probably has a splitter in the receiver which makes both sub preouts live as a single preout. make sense?

So really the 5.1.4 is the same 5.2.4 and looks like Pionkyo just kept it labeled as 5.1.4 in the receiver.
post #48 of 85 Old 02-07-2019, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksells916 View Post
kevin, mcacc basic doesn't have the ability to independently calibrate dual subs. So Pioneer probably has a splitter in the receiver which makes both sub preouts live as a single preout. make sense?

So really the 5.1.4 is the same 5.2.4 and looks like Pionkyo just kept it labeled as 5.1.4 in the receiver.
Thanks that makes Sense

Kevin
post #49 of 85 Old 03-01-2019, 04:48 AM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Help with Center Speaker (same old) Issue

First of all, I am wanting help with the same old issue of not hearing center speaker dialogue good enough. And I’ll be the first to say, there may be no help with the equipment I’ve got!
I just purchased a new Sony XBR55X900F tv (love it) for my living area. Initially I purchased a Sony HT-CT800 soundbar. Returned it after 3 days due to not liking the dialogue clarity. So I have a master bedroom Sony tv/Pioneer VSX-LX101 Reciever/Infinity speakers in a 5.1 setup that I love and no dialogue issues with this.
So I thought...replicate that. So I replaced soundbar with a Pioneer VSX-LX103 Reciever, BUT (for budget’s sake) had to use some existing speakers. They are Pioneer Andrew Jones L/R/C (3 years old). And yes, I know this center speaker is not well rated. Surrounds are cheap Sony’s. Sub is a Klipsch Reference 10”. Not happy at all with the dialogue clarity with this new tv and surround system I have now that replaces the Sony soundbar with the same dialogue issue. Ok, hubby and I both are 72 but we don’t have an overall need to go get our hearing tested. Just this hearing issue here.
So finally, I get to my question...can someone advise how to improve this Pioneer AJ center speaker in EQ settings on my Pioneer lx103 receiver settings. I have already boosted the center up to +9db and it’s louder but muddy and fatiguing especially with male voices. Any help with easy to understand EQ Settings for this center speaker in the Pioneer receiver will be very appreciated. I cannot afford to replace these AJ speakers right now on top of just buying the Sony tv and Pioneer receiver.

Last edited by EliteNewbie; 03-01-2019 at 06:07 AM.
post #50 of 85 Old 03-16-2019, 07:44 PM

Pioneer Elite VSX-LX103 speaker impedance

On this receiver I have 4ohm speakers for front and 6ohm for rear. Can you set up for both or do all speakers need to be the same?
post #51 of 85 Old 03-27-2019, 06:23 PM

Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper View Post
Finally got the LX303 in hand. Will be setting it up today and testing it throughout the weekend. Especially interested in how it sounds now that Onkyo has taken over the Pioneer Elite brand. I’ve always been fond of the slight warmness of previous Elite receivers. My current Yamaha A3060 sounds more neutral so will be comparing both. Will also be testing Dolby Vision pass thru via the Oppo 203 & LG E6. As well as any annoying quirks/bug such as handshake issues with consoles (Xbox One X/PS4) and Apple 4K TV. And of course, will test out the MCACC Auto Room Tuning.

More to come...

Any update on what you think of this unit as compared to your Yamaha?
post #52 of 85 Old 04-26-2019, 07:54 AM

I have several issues with my VSX-LX103. I have this Reciever connected by HDMI to a Sony XBT900F tv. I have an Apple 4Ktv and a Directv Reciever HR24 connected by HDMI to the Reciever. The issue with the Directv sound is with the local NBC channel. You can barely hear the sound, turning it up doesn’t adjust it up at all no matter how high, I,e, no effect. Sound with other local stations is fine. Connecting Directv Reciever directly to tv with HDMi, NBC sound is fine. The issue with the Apple 4Ktv is with Amazon Prime. When “binge watching” a tv series, when next episode should play, I am evidently logged out of my Amazon account with no option to log back in. “How do I Watch This” shows for the next episode instead of auto loading or showing lWatch Now”. I have tried restarting Appletv and unplugging everything and no fix there. If I just wait a while and try again, the Amazon app is logged in like it should be (with me doing nothing but trying again) and plays my episode as it should. I am a room away from the router and also rural so 5mbps is all I can get but I never have this trouble with Netflix. I never have anything like these 2 issues with my bedroom setup, which is an older Sony KDLW610 with a VSX-LX101 Pioneer. I am in the room with the router with that setup tho. Anybody got any comments or advice with these 2 issues on the LX103?
BTW - my center channel post above - I replaced front 3 with Klipsch RP L/R/C, that issue solved!
post #53 of 85 Old 04-26-2019, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteNewbie View Post
I have several issues with my VSX-LX103. I have this Reciever connected by HDMI to a Sony XBT900F tv. I have an Apple 4Ktv and a Directv Reciever HR24 connected by HDMI to the Reciever. The issue with the Directv sound is with the local NBC channel. You can barely hear the sound, turning it up doesn’t adjust it up at all no matter how high, I,e, no effect. Sound with other local stations is fine. Connecting Directv Reciever directly to tv with HDMi, NBC sound is fine. The issue with the Apple 4Ktv is with Amazon Prime. When “binge watching” a tv series, when next episode should play, I am evidently logged out of my Amazon account with no option to log back in. “How do I Watch This” shows for the next episode instead of auto loading or showing lWatch Now”. I have tried restarting Appletv and unplugging everything and no fix there. If I just wait a while and try again, the Amazon app is logged in like it should be (with me doing nothing but trying again) and plays my episode as it should. I am a room away from the router and also rural so 5mbps is all I can get but I never have this trouble with Netflix. I never have anything like these 2 issues with my bedroom setup, which is an older Sony KDLW610 with a VSX-LX101 Pioneer. I am in the room with the router with that setup tho. Anybody got any comments or advice with these 2 issues on the LX103?
BTW - my center channel post above - I replaced front 3 with Klipsch RP L/R/C, that issue solved!
I saw this in another thread and wanted to see if i can translate? This sounds like an hdmi-cec issue switching inputs and or logging you out. Do you have arc via optical coming back to the receiver from the tv? If not, then turn off hdmi control in the tv and it should stop logging you out???
post #54 of 85 Old 04-26-2019, 01:52 PM

Thank you. The Receiver arc output is connected to the tv arc with HDMI cable. All devices connected to the Receiver inputs with HDMI. All are 18gb certified. I will turn off the HDMI control on the tv.
post #55 of 85 Old 07-02-2019, 11:50 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Pioneer VSX-LX303 Preout

Hey Folks,

I noticed on the Pioneer VSXLC303 receiver that there is only one Left and one Right preout connections, and it says it's for Zone 2.

Does this mean that I would not be able to add 2 channels with a power amplifier to expand to a 11.2 system?

I assume that since it says Zone 2, I can't use it with Zone 1 and expand 2 extra channels from the standard 9.2 channels the AVR comes with?
post #56 of 85 Old 07-03-2019, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCassera View Post
Hey Folks,

I noticed on the Pioneer VSXLC303 receiver that there is only one Left and one Right preout connections, and it says it's for Zone 2.

Does this mean that I would not be able to add 2 channels with a power amplifier to expand to a 11.2 system?

I assume that since it says Zone 2, I can't use it with Zone 1 and expand 2 extra channels from the standard 9.2 channels the AVR comes with?
The bigger brother lx503 can expand to 7.1.4 with external 2 channel amp. The zone 2 preouts on most receivers are for different sources in different areas/zones. Then most receivers have an all stereo mode to play the same source in all zones, but that would not include any main zone atmos/dt:x playback. Make sense?

I do not know own one so hopefully someone with hands on experience can confirm.
post #57 of 85 Old 07-21-2019, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Beginner, trouble with atmos and receiver

Hi all,

I have an LX303 Pioneer receiver and had a 5.1 surround sound system recently professionally installed.

I have a 4K HD player and popped in a 4K movie, the back lists Dolby Atmos as an audio format.

When I cycle through the listening modes I never see Dolby Atmos. Any tips for me to troubleshoot why this is?
post #58 of 85 Old 07-21-2019, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick M View Post
Hi all,

I have an LX303 Pioneer receiver and had a 5.1 surround sound system recently professionally installed.

I have a 4K HD player and popped in a 4K movie, the back lists Dolby Atmos as an audio format.

When I cycle through the listening modes I never see Dolby Atmos. Any tips for me to troubleshoot why this is?
Atmos is the last numbers in this sequence. 5.1.2 . The first number is your left center right and your two surround channels hence the 5. The middle number is how many subwoofers you have. With only 5 channels I highly doubt that the installer made any of them height/Dolby atmos channels. Your receiver is able to power a configuration of up to 5.2.4 which would include 4 height/Dolby Atmos speakers but you don't have that many speakers. You would need additional speakers to take advantage of a Dolby Atmos soundtrack.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
post #59 of 85 Old 07-21-2019, 09:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2332 Post(s)
Liked: 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick M View Post
Hi all,

If it is configured as a 5.1 system (3 front speakers, 2 surrounds, 1 subwoofer), with no Atmos (overhead) speakers, the receiver won't decode an Atmos signal. It will downmix the base 7.1 Dolby HD audio to 5.1.

You'd need to add a minimum of two Atmos speakers. The LX303 supports 9 channels, so you could go to 5.1.4 (5 floor level speakers, 1 sub, 4 Atmos speakers.) You could start here: https://www.dolby.com/us/en/guide/do...tup/index.html The minimal starting point would be to add a couple of "Dolby Enabled" (ceiling bounce) speakers to your left and right fronts, but that is supposed to give only weak Atmos effects.
post #60 of 85 Old 07-22-2019, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Pioneer VSX-LX303 HDMI Handshake Issues?

I got a VSX-LX303 on Saturday and set it up. It works great with my Panasonic TC-65FX800. I have my PS3 plugged into the BD/DVD HDMI port. I have my cable box hooked up with analog RCA cables. I have the TV plugged into the MAIN out and my Panasonic AE4000u projector plugged into the SUB out. HDMI output set to MAIN+SUB.

On Sunday I tried using the projector with the PS3 but got an erratic flickering picture kinda like old tv static like it was a garbled signal. Sound worked fine through the receiver. I switched to TV/CBL and the picture was clear and normal. After a while I moved the PS3 to HDMI 6, a non HDCP 2.2 port and it works fine now. I tried it with HDMI upscaling on and off with no difference.

Why would the signal from the BD/DVD HDCP 2.2 port be garbled but the non-HDCP 2.2 port work fine? Is this a setting issue, issue with the LX303, HDMI handshake issue, or a projector hardware issue?

Things worked fine with the old Pioneer VSX-1325 receiver. I'm stumped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page