Dead Inuke 6000dsp - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By markmon1
  • 1 Post By corradizo
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 05-13-2018, 06:27 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Joe879's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 433
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Dead Inuke 6000dsp

So I had sent in my inuke 6000dsp for some led repair, got it back with the led not being fixed. Contacted them about the issue so they will pay for return shipping to fix the issue that didn't get fixed, just came from having dinner and wanted to watch a movie but the amp won't power on now! My luck is awesome! So my question is should I stay with the inuke or buy a different amp? I'm powering 2 Ultimax 15s
Joe879 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 Old 05-13-2018, 09:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
josh6113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Columbus,Ohio
Posts: 1,206
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe879 View Post
So I had sent in my inuke 6000dsp for some led repair, got it back with the led not being fixed. Contacted them about the issue so they will pay for return shipping to fix the issue that didn't get fixed, just came from having dinner and wanted to watch a movie but the amp won't power on now! My luck is awesome! So my question is should I stay with the inuke or buy a different amp? I'm powering 2 Ultimax 15s
If I were you I would seriously give the crown XLS line a go.I run an XLS 1002 and it's been rock steady.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Doing what I do best...LIVIN!
josh6113 is offline  
post #3 of 18 Old 05-13-2018, 02:07 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
M Code's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Cotati, CA
Posts: 11,937
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1132 Post(s)
Liked: 735
That brand has a terrible reputation for quality...
Good specs on paper & cheap but poor reliability...

Save the $ and buy a quality amplifier..

Just my $0.02...
M Code is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 18 Old 05-13-2018, 02:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,788
Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5679 Post(s)
Liked: 3732
I have used crown amps for subs. They are ******* compared to behringers. They have the power but they just dont push subs right. I don't have equipment to measure to know exactly why there was such a big difference. I've also tested inukes vs EP4000 amps and the EP4000 just destroyed the inukes in bass performance. The behringer EP4000 has improperly documented dip switches so most people dont realize the real benefit from them. But the EP4000 is by far the best sub amp I've found (again, once the dip switches are set right).

The proper dipswitch setting is every dip switch to the right except 8 and 10 to the left. I've read the specs. I've seen the measurements of how the 6000 puts out more power than the 4000. It's doubtful you're getting near the power rating on your amp anyway. The EP4000 is my first choice for sub amps.

I have tested and sold off several crown amps. I currently own 2 EP4000's for 2 sub arrays, 2 buttkicker amps, 2 inuke dps's a 6000 and a 1000.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ep4000settings.jpg
Views:	806
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	2402138  
Joe879 and bebb like this.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.

Last edited by markmon1; 05-13-2018 at 03:06 PM.
markmon1 is offline  
post #5 of 18 Old 05-13-2018, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Joe879's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 433
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Hmmm I never heard of this model, does it have built in dsl? And would this be enough for 2 Ultimax 15s?
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
I have used crown amps for subs. They are ******* compared to behringers. They have the power but they just dont push subs right. I don't have equipment to measure to know exactly why there was such a big difference. I've also tested inukes vs EP4000 amps and the EP4000 just destroyed the inukes in bass performance. The behringer EP4000 has improperly documented dip switches so most people dont realize the real benefit from them. But the EP4000 is by far the best sub amp I've found (again, once the dip switches are set right).

The proper dipswitch setting is every dip switch to the right except 8 and 10 to the left. I've read the specs. I've seen the measurements of how the 6000 puts out more power than the 4000. It's doubtful you're getting near the power rating on your amp anyway. The EP4000 is my first choice for sub amps.

I have tested and sold off several crown amps. I currently own 2 EP4000's for 2 sub arrays, 2 buttkicker amps, 2 inuke dps's a 6000 and a 1000.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Joe879 is offline  
post #6 of 18 Old 05-13-2018, 09:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,788
Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5679 Post(s)
Liked: 3732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe879 View Post
Hmmm I never heard of this model, does it have built in dsl? And would this be enough for 2 Ultimax 15s?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
My EP4000 is running 4 15’s bridged in mono right now. It has no dsp. It’s a heavy class H (more of a class A/B design not class D like the inuke).

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
markmon1 is offline  
post #7 of 18 Old 05-13-2018, 09:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
corradizo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: near Chicago
Posts: 3,485
Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1552 Post(s)
Liked: 1628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe879 View Post
Hmmm I never heard of this model, does it have built in dsl? And would this be enough for 2 Ultimax 15s?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk


DSL? This is a family show.
corradizo is offline  
post #8 of 18 Old 05-13-2018, 09:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Nexgen76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,208
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 775 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
I have used crown amps for subs. They are ******* compared to behringers. They have the power but they just dont push subs right. I don't have equipment to measure to know exactly why there was such a big difference. I've also tested inukes vs EP4000 amps and the EP4000 just destroyed the inukes in bass performance. The behringer EP4000 has improperly documented dip switches so most people dont realize the real benefit from them. But the EP4000 is by far the best sub amp I've found (again, once the dip switches are set right).

The proper dipswitch setting is every dip switch to the right except 8 and 10 to the left. I've read the specs. I've seen the measurements of how the 6000 puts out more power than the 4000. It's doubtful you're getting near the power rating on your amp anyway. The EP4000 is my first choice for sub amps.

I have tested and sold off several crown amps. I currently own 2 EP4000's for 2 sub arrays, 2 buttkicker amps, 2 inuke dps's a 6000 and a 1000.




Don't you run your EP4000 bridged ? Curious real world ratings how much they put out bridged at 4ohms. I know the Inuke6k both channels driven 4ohms put out 2000 each channel.

JVC NX5 Panasonic UB820 PC Madvr
Sliver Ticket 120' Cinema white screen
Aggressive 1299 L/C/R/, Volt 10XL x 2 surround, MKII Atmos Modules x 4(Jav's build)
Pioneer Elite SC-LX801 Acurus A125x5
Ported Primate SI 18" HST subs x 2(DIY) V.B.S.S.x 4(MBM)
Nexgen76 is offline  
post #9 of 18 Old 05-13-2018, 09:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Fabricator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: far sw sub chicago
Posts: 2,331
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
I've also tested inukes vs EP4000 amps and the EP4000 just destroyed the inukes in bass performance. But the EP4000 is by far the best sub amp I've found (again, once the dip switches are set right).
very interesting. i have a EP2500 that is not in use. hmmmm

BenQ HT1070 . Da-Lite HP 2.8 119"
ULTIMAX 18-22, 14cf ported, x2. 6000DSP.
XPA-3, PIONEER VSX-01TXH, SWANS 6.1 & C3
Fabricator is offline  
post #10 of 18 Old 05-14-2018, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Joe879's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 433
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by corradizo View Post
DSL? This is a family show.
Sorry meant dsp

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Joe879 is offline  
post #11 of 18 Old 05-14-2018, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
corradizo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: near Chicago
Posts: 3,485
Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1552 Post(s)
Liked: 1628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe879 View Post
Sorry meant dsp

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk


Was just foolin
Joe879 likes this.
corradizo is offline  
post #12 of 18 Old 05-14-2018, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Joe879's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 433
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by corradizo View Post
Was just foolin
It's ok I was half asleep when I posted it lol

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Joe879 is offline  
post #13 of 18 Old 05-14-2018, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Joe879's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 433
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 29
So I will have to look into this more, I'm running my subs for 4ohms. I could get this amp and get a separate dsp
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
My EP4000 is running 4 15’s bridged in mono right now. It has no dsp. It’s a heavy class H (more of a class A/B design not class D like the inuke).
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Joe879 is offline  
post #14 of 18 Old 07-14-2018, 04:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
bebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Middle Illinois
Posts: 600
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
The proper dipswitch setting is every dip switch to the right except 8 and 10 to the left.

What does this do for you? You are turning the clip limiter OFF on channel 1 but ON for channel 2. You are turning the low cut filter ON for channel 1 but OFF for channel 2. Why set it up this way? Why are both channels not set the same?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	2428558  

If bad sound were Faital, good sound would be almost impossible
Killed two Mach5 21s and three UM-18s (and counting?)
bebb is offline  
post #15 of 18 Old 07-14-2018, 04:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,788
Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5679 Post(s)
Liked: 3732
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebb View Post
What does this do for you? You are turning the clip limiter OFF on channel 1 but ON for channel 2. You are turning the low cut filter ON for channel 1 but OFF for channel 2. Why set it up this way? Why are both channels not set the same?
I know what it is documented to do, which is why I have repeatedly stated "the documentation is wrong". The result of this was you could hear tons more subsonics, and the woofers all moved a lot more at the same volume level. The subs literally came alive. As was indicated above, it's possible that they fixed this based on manufacture date of the amp, but I have not seen evidence of that so far. I have an amp dated 2009 and one dated 2015 both require same settings for the subs.

Note: I didnt come up with these settings. With a little research you can come across other discussions that came to this conclusion.
Note #2 : Your analysis was also incorrect. If you read the documentation, I think you meant to say it is turning the low cut filter *OFF* for channel 1 but *ON* for channel 2.

In any case, the dipswitch settings above turned the EP4000 into a magic sub amp destroying the crown's I had and the inuke's I had.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.

Last edited by markmon1; 07-14-2018 at 04:29 PM.
markmon1 is offline  
post #16 of 18 Old 07-18-2018, 03:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
bebb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Middle Illinois
Posts: 600
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
I know what it is documented to do, which is why I have repeatedly stated "the documentation is wrong". The result of this was you could hear tons more subsonics, and the woofers all moved a lot more at the same volume level. The subs literally came alive. As was indicated above, it's possible that they fixed this based on manufacture date of the amp, but I have not seen evidence of that so far. I have an amp dated 2009 and one dated 2015 both require same settings for the subs.

Note: I didnt come up with these settings. With a little research you can come across other discussions that came to this conclusion.
Note #2 : Your analysis was also incorrect. If you read the documentation, I think you meant to say it is turning the low cut filter *OFF* for channel 1 but *ON* for channel 2.

In any case, the dipswitch settings above turned the EP4000 into a magic sub amp destroying the crown's I had and the inuke's I had.
Yes, on note 2 my bad.

Interesting. Assuming you are correct, and the documentation wrong, then thank you for sharing. Regardless, you say you are getting much better sound with your settings. Good to know. If I ever get an EP amp, I will definitely keep this in mind. Thank you for sharing.

If bad sound were Faital, good sound would be almost impossible
Killed two Mach5 21s and three UM-18s (and counting?)
bebb is offline  
post #17 of 18 Old 10-08-2018, 06:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 437
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 74
@markmon1 I was hunting around for a amp to power the 2 MicroMarty's im about to build that has 390HO and in the Measuring Amplifiers thread there is a spread sheet "stating" EP4000 is only putting out 615W RMS- So how are you running so many off one?
Remy.Alexander is online now  
post #18 of 18 Old 04-09-2019, 11:11 AM
Advanced Member
 
johnplayerson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 671
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Nothing like the real sine wave power of a toroidal amplifier. Even if it is one of the smaller ones. He has the Amplifier bridged so he should be getting
1200 to 1600 in bridged mode for 8 ohms speaker load.

If he is bridged into a 4 ohm speaker load (2 ohm stereo equiv), Death within 3 to 5 years is rather certain.

Most users I see on AVS tend to put a lot of drivers on one amplifier. One or two tops is best per amp.

If you get the behringer ep 4000 , plan on purchasing your coils in a manner that you end up with a 8 ohm final load, and bridge the amp to the speakers.
This would entail using 2 amps with one 8 ohm driver per amp , or 2 amps with 2 four ohm drivers on each amp, wired in series. Setting up subs with these
amps in this manner, results in not only the best bass you will ever hear, but your amp just may outlive you.

https://******************.com/index.php?topic=459.60
A Good amplifier requires a adequate power supply, It does not matter what the amplifier is capable of if the power supply will not provide the power required. Most amplifiers have under rated power supplies. It is up to you to make sure you get the ones that are least under rated if at all.
johnplayerson is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off