Any experience with HDVisionMax - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #31 of 65 Old 07-02-2018, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post
Are you familiar with the phrase "getting the run-around"?

Maybe you'll get something out of them eventually, but they seem to be giving you a few too many stories.
As long as he hasn't been charged, he has nothing to lose. Worth the hassle for some people for a heavily discounted TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 65 Old 07-02-2018, 09:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 944 Post(s)
Liked: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyEP3 View Post
As long as he hasn't been charged, he has nothing to lose. Worth the hassle for some people for a heavily discounted TV.
Would it though? If the tv was say, $500 off, and by the time they actually ship it, you could get it $1000 off on clearance, then all that hassle was for nothing, and they'd have paid much more. And forget about getting a refund ...
post #33 of 65 Old 07-02-2018, 09:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2892 Post(s)
Liked: 2092
Quote:
Do you think that he'll ever actually get the TV? I wouldn't bet that way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 65 Old 07-16-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Toth View Post
Update 7/2/2018

So I just got off the phone with them again. Called to ask if my order had shipped and now they have to "call the warehouse" and "they'll get right back to me."

Made the call about an hour ago and haven't yet gotten a call back.

So here we go with this round of excuses. If I don't hear back today I'll call again first thing tomorrow.

I will keep you all updated!
Any update?
post #35 of 65 Old 08-03-2018, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Any update?
any update?? it's been about a month since your last post which i'm going to assume.... no news is bad news....

really hoping for that 2018 model though!
post #36 of 65 Old 08-20-2018, 01:50 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Had the same experience.
Sent me an email to contact them with a phone number in Maryland.
When I did they asked me for the security code on my credit card (I had noticed when placing the order they didn't ask for it on the website)
He then proceeded to ask me why I purchased an 'old' TV.
I said to him "Please don't try to up sell me"
At that point he got faux offended and told me he wasn't trying to up sell me.
So I asked him why they didn't just ask for my security code when I made the purchase online?
Told me because it was a high price purchase they don't do that then asked why I was being so argumentative.
Told him I wasn't being argumentative and if he now had everything he needed to complete the order.
He said 'yes' and that they have to "order the TV from overseas' again because it's an "old model"

So we'll see how this goes.
I'm a bit weary right at this point especially because the phone number is in Maryland yet the website says they're located at 14 Doty Rd, Haskel, NJ.
So I did a google maps search on that address and it's an industrial area in NJ. The only sign I saw was a sign for International Dimensional Stone. So I called them and they did confirm there is a business in front of that building. So we're good there.

Since I put this on my credit card I'll reserve judgement for a few more days. Their website says "Your order will ship out on the same or next business day, always."

I ordered yesterday. Made the phone call today (Friday June 1, 2018) If I don't get an email confimation of shipping by Monday (the next business day) I'll be canceling the order and calling my credit card company. I'll keep you all posted on the progress.
Any updates on the tv?
post #37 of 65 Old 09-03-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post
Are you familiar with the phrase "getting the run-around"?

Maybe you'll get something out of them eventually, but they seem to be giving you a few too many stories.

This company is a classic bait and switch scam. I'm glad I read this thread. I also called Chris and Rich at clevelandplasma.com and got a great Real deal on the OLED65E7P. They are ligit and I'm glad I called. t
post #38 of 65 Old 09-30-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Update 7/2/2018

So I just got off the phone with them again. Called to ask if my order had shipped and now they have to "call the warehouse" and "they'll get right back to me."

Made the call about an hour ago and haven't yet gotten a call back.

So here we go with this round of excuses. If I don't hear back today I'll call again first thing tomorrow.

I will keep you all updated!
What happened, its been months ?
post #39 of 65 Old 10-29-2018, 03:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Oh an just as an aside here I purchased a Samsung 8000 MU8000 82" LED Smart TV 4K UltraHD - UN82MU8000FXZA. Which is, admittedly, last years model, but isn't by any definition "old"
@Mark Toth - update?

80" Vizio LED - (60" Vizio plasma - retired)
Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller
Hunter Douglas motorized shades

post #40 of 65 Old 10-29-2018, 03:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Oh an just as an aside here I purchased a Samsung 8000 MU8000 82" LED Smart TV 4K UltraHD - UN82MU8000FXZA. Which is, admittedly, last years model, but isn't by any definition "old"
@Mark Toth - update?

Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller

post #41 of 65 Old 11-06-2018, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Let us know.

Harmony 890 Remote
X10 IR543 controller

post #42 of 65 Old 11-06-2018, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Quoted: 1434 Post(s)
Liked: 2511
Please do not post deals outside of the designated areas.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
post #43 of 65 Old 11-06-2018, 11:19 AM

Why did you delete both of my posts?
post #44 of 65 Old 11-06-2018, 11:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Because you aren't allowed post post actual prices... You can say though "at a good deal"

Harmony 890 Remote
X10 IR543 controller

post #45 of 65 Old 11-11-2018, 07:34 AM

Liked: 11
Mark Toth is a stinker

Unless Mark is under a bridge somewhere courtesy of hdvisionmax, I'm pretty miffed at him. I was riveted by the whole ordeal and to not give us closure is causing me insomnia and random panic attacks. I am undone.

Last edited by sonofjay817; 11-12-2018 at 01:15 AM.
post #46 of 65 Old 11-12-2018, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonn B View Post
Mark Toth, or Mark Rosh? Same guy?
Yeah, my mistake..lol. I'll change it.
post #47 of 65 Old 11-12-2018, 05:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofjay817 View Post
Unless Mark is under a bridge somewhere courtesy of hdvisionmax, I'm pretty miffed at him. I was riveted by the whole ordeal and to not give us closure is causing me insomnia and random panic attacks. I am undone.
Yea, he spent a lot of time describing his experience and then vanished... Seems like this could be a movie.. WHere is he? Was he mysteriously picked up? Did anyone check his trunk?

Harmony 890 Remote
X10 IR543 controller

post #48 of 65 Old 11-12-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Yea, he spent a lot of time describing his experience and then vanished... Seems like this could be a movie.. WHere is he? Was he mysteriously picked up? Did anyone check his trunk?
I think hdvisionmax took him out. Poor Mark. He just didn't know when to let it go.
enlil242 likes this.
post #49 of 65 Old 11-12-2018, 02:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I think hdvisionmax took him out. Poor Mark. He just didn't know when to let it go.
needed a good laugh
sonofjay817 likes this.

Harmony 890 Remote
X10 IR543 controller

post #50 of 65 Old 11-15-2018, 12:21 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
R.I.P Mark...
post #51 of 65 Old 11-23-2018, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 30
The update is "Do you believe in Santa Claus"?
post #52 of 65 Old 11-23-2018, 02:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Haha, You guys are great. I will say I just got a new samsung Q7FN, and it does look great.

Harmony 890 Remote
X10 IR543 controller

post #53 of 65 Old 11-24-2018, 06:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I think that answers the question about HDVisionMax. I’m staying far away so my rotting body doesn’t end up in a landfill.

"Being unable to assume an initial premise with any tolerable degree of accuracy, I am loathe to assert a conclusion fearful lest I should err."
post #54 of 65 Old 11-24-2018, 01:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

LOL, I even did PM him, the poster who was sharing his experience... I've heard nothing that way either. We really may need a search party.

On another note, I ended up getting from Best Buy, and then bought extended warranty from Costco, which I didn't think I could do, but they offer it. $99 and 7 years total coverage since done on the costco credit card for the warranty.

Harmony 890 Remote
X10 IR543 controller

post #55 of 65 Old 12-23-2018, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Greetings! I have been an ardent follower of the ongoing con by the collective scam artists who go by multiple names; hdvisionmax, joesav, zibdeals, TVSuperStores, EastCoastTVs, etc

...and I have GREAT NEWS!

They are now (mostly) absent from google shopping hits along with their blatantly false, manufactured user ratings. YAY! YAY! YAY!

For instance, I have had my eye on the giant Sony 85" X900F for a while and when searching for it, it was always just insufferable to weed through the first top hits polluted with these criminals and their fairy-tale non-existent pricing for their non-existent inventory. As of last week, only ZIBdeals shows up and while it is still probably a scam, the pricing is not as outrageously cheap and they seem to submit that their scam is up by listing in the description that the TV is the "USA retail residential model sold in stores UC2 10 BIT"; which is exactly what they try and upsell you ultimately with their previous bait and switch scam.

For those not in the know, all of the above mentioned "companies" are all actually the same outfit with those individual websites serving as fronts. They reside in New Jersey, all keep the exact same operating hours (closed weekends, normal weekday hours except closing early at 2PM Fridays), and are closed on religious holidays.

FOR YEARS these scammers have baited countless shoppers like myself with bogus too-good-to-be-true pricing of large expensive TVs, claiming at first the TV is in stock and ready to ship (free of course) only to start berating you for choosing the "8bit panel" that doesn't exist, and that it's a panel made in somewhere other than Asia/USA to insinuate lower quality. They then ask for more money to get the legit 10bit panel and nickel and dime just about every other part of the sale from the white glove shipping to warranty. In the end, you are lucky to get a TV at all and if you do it will be month(s) away from receiving. All-the-while these scammers fraudulently put up bogus positive reviews at various 3rd party sites that Google shopping seemed to have no problem using until recently.

Somebody, somewhere in the chain has decided to take action as (most) of the scam websites are gone. Good riddance! I would not be the LEAST BIT SURPRISED if this scam has finally caught the attention of the New Jersey States Attorney General's office.

UPDATE: It looks like these scammers are trying to get wise and put up a new front company website (which is currently the cheapest hit on google shopping) called "Nebraska TV mart" and even use a Nebraska area code for contact (they used area codes from all over the country in their various other forms). BUT BUT BUT! Looky here! These strange operating hours that mimic EXACTLY what their other scam front companies used:

Monday-Thursday 10:00am-6:00pm
Friday 10:00am-2:00 pm
Saturday-Sunday Closed

https://www.nebraskatvmart.com/ContactUs.asp

Go ahead and call them and wonder why a purported Nebraskan company is being answered by staff with thick Joisey accents.

I'm on to you scammers! And hope I've saved a few hours of grief from would-be-victims about to waste their time with these turkeys.

You're welcome
pdasterly likes this.
post #56 of 65 Old 01-14-2019, 10:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So...I'm and idiot. I just recently made a purchase from Nebraskatvmart without doing any research. This is not something I generally do, however I guess I thought it was some sort of affiliation to Nebraska Furniture Mart and my brain was good with then dropping all logic and to jump on the ridiculous too good to be true price.

Needles to say I did some research after the fact and have stumbled upon this forum/thread. I'd really like to cancel the order and be done with it however at this point they already have my card information etc..

I guess I'm posting on here for advice if there's any to give aside from what has already been said and to just add more to the experience.

Hello Mark, are you still alive?
post #57 of 65 Old 01-14-2019, 11:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

It's no big deal that they have your card number. THey just try to talk you into a different TV after they charge ya. that's the scam. They aren't blatantly charging cards randomly, or they'd be done in no time.

Harmony 890 Remote
X10 IR543 controller

post #58 of 65 Old 01-14-2019, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
It's no big deal that they have your card number. THey just try to talk you into a different TV after they charge ya. that's the scam. They aren't blatantly charging cards randomly, or they'd be done in no time.
Good to know, thanks for replying. I guess I'll see where this goes then.
post #59 of 65 Old 01-14-2019, 10:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 944 Post(s)
Liked: 680
Yeah, as long as it's a credit card, you've got no problems. They may be scumbags, but they are not fraudulent. So they will not charge your card until they ship (which they almost always won't).

Their business model is to bait and switch you into buying an overpriced model.

For everyone else - again, if it's too god to be true... Remember all the major companies will have MAP pricing in effect with authorized dealers, so you will not find much price difference between sellers. Even during big sale days like Black Friday there will often be MAP pricing in effect, and the deal will appear everywhere. (Door crashers excepted, but those models are generally overstocks or obsolete models and not popular ones). Very few sales are done without manufacturer approval, especially big ones (usually the manufacturer is willing to rebate the store for the sale price - so of something goes $200 cheaper, the manufacturer is actually refunding the $200)
post #60 of 65 Old 01-16-2019, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 5
New fake companies to add to the list

HD AV PRO
https://www.hdavpro.com/aboutus.asp

ABC TVs (actually not new, has 600+ bogus reviews that have slipped through Google's filter)
https://www.abctvs.com/info.phtml?hid=14

They may be reading this thread! LOL! They change the hours slightly, however it's still a hard 2PM shutoff on Friday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page