Any experience with HDVisionMax - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #61 of 65 Old 02-02-2019, 08:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3rtr0ll View Post
Good to know, thanks for replying. I guess I'll see where this goes then.
what happened with nebraskatvmart
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 Old 02-11-2019, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
In regards to NebraskaTVMart it's a total scam I was curious so I put a order through on Friday.

Today I received an email saying that I needed to confirm the order and to call this number, actually, here's the email copied

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for shopping with Nebraskatvmart.com
Please call us at your earliest convenience at 1-402-988-1618 option 1 to confirm your order.
We appreciate your business and look forward to speaking with you!
Sincerely,
Nebraskatvmart.com

I knew it was a scam as soon as I received that but said $%#! it I'm going to call in and screw with this guy.

Call in and this straight up jersey shore mofo gives me the spiel that this is an 8bit panel and not the 10bit so it doesn't have a warranty and if i'm ok with that he'll ship me the Asian garbage tv.

Which I don't believe an 8bit oled exists so there's that. I let him run through all his tricks Like...Well we do have a better proper LG panel but it's gonna cost around 2,999

I then proceeded to tell him that this was an obvious bait and switch and that's not cool and I was going to post that **** all over the internet.

I have to give it to him he tried to keep it going from there and deny it was in fact a bait and switch by reiterating that the tv on their website was in fact an 8bit oled and not the "American" LG 10bit OLED <--- that made me chuckle. and also said I would need to opt out of the tv that I ordered being the C8 for a different Asian oled that's 8bit. Ultimately after some back and forth about me looking up their LLC and seeing that they weren't actually in Nebraska and it pinging from godaddy in Arizona and I was pretty sure his location was jersey. He told me that their corporate headquarters where in Nebraska and Arizona
and hung up on me.

So there you have it Fake spread the word.
post #63 of 65 Old 02-21-2019, 09:00 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Glad these forums exist about NebraskaTvMart.com at 1-402-988-1618 . The phone number registered to Adams, NE and I was going to be in the area so I called to see if I could just pick up local. The guy said the TV's are not housed or shipped out of Nebraska so I was leery and stumbled upon this thread. Everyone should just call the guy for fun and waste his time.

Epson 8500UB, 130" Seymour XD Screen
Denon X4000/X4200, Outlaw 7075, Behringer 6000dsp, 3000dsp, CrownX1000
DIYSG Tempest LCR, V-10 Surrounds, V-6 Rears, Ed Frias AR.com Wides, Polk RC80i Atmos
Dayton UM18 x 2, Infinity 1262 x 4 (+4 WorkInProgress), NHT Dual 10's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 65 Old 03-23-2019, 03:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonn B View Post
It's no big deal that they have your card number. THey just try to talk you into a different TV after they charge ya. that's the scam. They aren't blatantly charging cards randomly, or they'd be done in no time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worf View Post
Yeah, as long as it's a credit card, you've got no problems. They may be scumbags, but they are not fraudulent. So they will not charge your card until they ship (which they almost always won't).
BS! They have all his information, he's going to disappear just like the other guy. They going to schedule a "delivery" one day and instead of a TV in the box they'll have a gun with a silencer along with cleaning supplies in there. And you can quite easily fit a body in one of those big TV boxes.
post #65 of 65 Old 05-17-2019, 03:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Nebraskatvmart order

So I went ahead and ordered a new Sony A9F from Nebraskatvmart. I too was drawn to the low advertised price of 2K for the 65" model that popped up on a google search. They did call me the next day and told me about the 8 bit panel vs 10 bit panel business, and that the 2K version was gray market and didn't have a warranty. So we talked further and they offered me the a8f at a discounted price or the a9f also at a discount. I went ahead and order through them since the price was still about 600 bucks less than the local big box store, plus no shipping or tax. It took about 2 weeks for them to deliver but I received everything as promised. So they are a legit business, but they use the low teaser price as a way to get attention. Once you get them on the phone they seem pretty knowledgeable and helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page