Official Pioneer Elite VSX-LX503 Thread - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 88Likes

post #751 of 772 Old 01-06-2020, 11:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Does anyone know?

I was wondering if anyone was able to add the Pioneer Elite VSX-LX503 to Apple homekit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 772 Old 01-11-2020, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtommy76 View Post
FYI, there are several Pioneer models that have a menu to enable different modes for 4K to work depending on the connection. I am waiting to hear from Pioneer if the 503 has such a menu.

"HDMI 4K/60p signal input setting
If the TV to be connected using HDMI supports 4K/60p, you can switch the 4K/60p signal input setting in accor-
dance with TV performance.
Operation is performed on the front panel of the unit. You cannot perform the setting if the multizone function is
not set to MULTI ZONE OFF
(page 77
).
Switch the receiver into standby.
While holding down ENTER on the front panel, press u STANDBY/ON.
The display shows RESET c NO d.
Select an input terminal that you wish to change settings using i/j.
! 4K/60pBD – Sets the signal for the BD IN terminal.
! 4K/60pH1 – Sets the signal for the HDMI IN 1 terminal.
! 4K/60pH2 – Sets the signal for the HDMI IN 2 terminal.
Use k/l to select the signal to set.
! 4:4:4 – Select this setting when connecting to a 4K/60p 4:4:4 24 bit compatible TV using HDMI. More high
quality video images can be enjoyed.
— When the HDMI cable does not support 4K/60p 4:4:4 24 bit (18 Gbps transmission), video image may not
be output properly. In that case, select 4:2:0 to watch a 4K/60p 4:2:0 24 bit video image.
— When 4:4:4 is set for source equipment that does not support 4K/60p 4:4:4 24 bit, the source equipment's
video output may turn red, audio may longer be output from the source equipment, and the equipment
may no longer output 3D signals. If this applies to your equipment, change the setting to 4:2:0.
! 4:2:0 – Select this setting when connecting to a 4K/60p 4:2:0 24 bit compatible TV using HDMI.
When you're finished, press RETURN.
Press u STANDBY/ON to switch on the receiver and your TV.
Make sure that the TV's video input is set to this receiver."
A new secret menu has been added to the VSX-LX503 that allows you to change the HDMI 4K resolution from Standard to Enhanced. With the unit powered on, HOLD the Dimmer button and PUSH the Auto/Direct button to switch between Standard and Enhanced.

Doing this finally allowed me to pass full RGB color from my PS4 to my TV.
Geronimo.USMC likes this.
post #753 of 772 Old 01-11-2020, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binny34 View Post
A new secret menu has been added to the VSX-LX503 that allows you to change the HDMI 4K resolution from Standard to Enhanced. With the unit powered on, HOLD the Dimmer button and PUSH the Auto/Direct button to switch between Standard and Enhanced.

yep.. there are now two menu's to adjust signal. One to adjust signal for each input to mode 1,2,3 and the enhanced options as well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #754 of 772 Old 01-11-2020, 01:09 PM

Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binny34 View Post

repost of the other menu - front the front panel only.... Hold (Dimmer) then press (Return) this will open a menu for the HDMI inputs with three modes for each. Try Mode 1 or 3 for each input with the issue. Mode 2 can cause issues per Pioneer. This adjusts handshake between devices. Mode 1 is always the default.
post #755 of 772 Old 01-12-2020, 06:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hi all, I just bought an open-box LX503 and I'm wondering about the model number of the microphone, and if possible some detailed photos (but the model number primarily). Anyone can help me out? Thanks.
post #756 of 772 Old 01-13-2020, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Yay! I just bluetooth paired my Pioneer to my laptop.
Why did I do that?
post #757 of 772 Old 01-13-2020, 04:03 PM

Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post
Hi all, I just bought an open-box LX503 and I'm wondering about the model number of the microphone, and if possible some detailed photos (but the model number primarily). Anyone can help me out? Thanks.
There is no model number on the mic that came with mine. Will try to upload some pics but it's just a round mic, nothing special looking. I would call Pioneer Parts at 1.800.421.5080 and see if they can help you
post #758 of 772 Old 01-14-2020, 10:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gltaylor1974 View Post
There is no model number on the mic that came with mine. Will try to upload some pics but it's just a round mic, nothing special looking. I would call Pioneer Parts at 1.800.421.5080 and see if they can help you
Thanks, I got it and, first impression, if the box wasn't opened and the foam broken, it could have fooled me into thinking it was new. All accessories also are like-new. Best Buy actually undersold the "condition" it was in on their website. I guess I got lucky, but gonna turn it on and test. I'm uploading some pics of the mic just to be 100% sure that the mic is the same that everyone else has.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200114_093549~2.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	733.0 KB
ID:	2669930   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200114_093456~2.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	2669932   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200114_093618~2.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	2669934  
post #759 of 772 Old 01-14-2020, 10:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post
Thanks, I got it and, first impression, if the box wasn't opened and the foam broken, it could have fooled me into thinking it was new. All accessories also are like-new. Best Buy actually undersold the "condition" it was in on their website. I guess I got lucky, but gonna turn it on and test. I'm uploading some pics of the mic just to be 100% sure that the mic is the same that everyone else has.
My open box from Best Buy came with that one as well. I also saw an unboxing video on youtube, and it came with the same one.
Andy o likes this.

- AUDIO: (7.2.4 Atmos) Pioneer Elite VSX-LX503 | McIntosh MC-8207 + CROWN XLS 2502, 1502 | KEF LS50, SVS Prime Elevations, RYTHMIK G25HP + L22
- VIDEO: SONY OLED 65A9G | Panasonic UB820 | 44TB Synology DS1815+ | Dune Solo 4K | XBOX ONE X SCORPIO | PS4 PRO | Apple TV 4K | HTPC/Gaming Rig (Ryzen 3700X, GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI, 16GB, STRIX OC 1080TI, Auzen HDMI XFi)
post #760 of 772 Old 01-15-2020, 06:16 AM

Liked: 5
Mine was bought brand new and the mic is the same as yours.
Andy o likes this.
post #761 of 772 Old 01-15-2020, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've asked this question before, but I'll ask it again. While listening to an FM station, if I go into the setup menu (Home) I can press the up/down buttons and cycle through the three menu options while listening to the tuner. If I select a menu option (Setup for example) I can press the left/right buttons to cycle through the options, but if I press up or down, the menu shuts down and my tuner station changes. Has anybody else come across this issue? I did get in touch with Pioneer and they could not duplicate the issue. They even walked me through the reset of the AVR and remote, but the issue still persists.
post #762 of 772 Old 01-15-2020, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Is network playback gapless on the LX503?
post #763 of 772 Old 01-15-2020, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Staples View Post
Hi All, I'm new to the forum and was hoping one of the gurus here could help me. I've gotten my new VSX-LX503 all set-up with a 5.4.1 system and new 85" Sony ... but the kids are asking for something I can't figure out. They'd like to play video games (via an Xbox as one input source into the VSX-LX503) and listen to music (via an Alexa as another input source into the VSX-LX503). They are OK with no sound from the Xbox running through the speakers (sounds obvious, but I asked them!). I found some info online that perhaps I can use the 2nd Zone HDMI to play the Xbox content into another HDMI input on the TV (not the main HDMI input I am using most of the time), but I wasn't clear on how that might actually work. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Eric

Eric,

I assume you are using the analog line out of your Amazon device to an analog input on the receiver, and the HDMI input for your Xbox? I spent countless hours of tinkering trying to get my Sonos using Coax and my DirecTV DVR using HDMI to play at the same time. I finally figured it out.

Here's what You have to do:

Go to System Setup/ Input Output Assign/ Analog Audio Input. For the HDMI input that you have the Xbox assigned to, change it to the analog audio input you are using for you Amazon device. Now when your receiver is set to that input, you can go to System Settings/ Source/ Audio Select and switch back and forth between HDMI and whatever analog input you set.

It's kind of a pain to have to go into the Setup menu every time to switch back and forth. I did however figure out that my Harmony Elite remote has a button in the Pioneer AVR database called Signal Select that will switch back and forth without going into System Setup. It was a Godsend to me! I'm not sure if you use a universal remote or not but there's no dedicated button on the stock remote or the front of the unit to switch between the 2.

Let me know if this helped.

Cheers.
post #764 of 772 Old 01-15-2020, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coonanan View Post
Eric,

I assume you are using the analog line out of your Amazon device to an analog input on the receiver, and the HDMI input for your Xbox? I spent countless hours of tinkering trying to get my Sonos using Coax and my DirecTV DVR using HDMI to play at the same time. I finally figured it out.

Here's what You have to do:

Go to System Setup/ Input Output Assign/ Analog Audio Input. For the HDMI input that you have the Xbox assigned to, change it to the analog audio input you are using for you Amazon device. Now when your receiver is set to that input, you can go to System Settings/ Source/ Audio Select and switch back and forth between HDMI and whatever analog input you set.

It's kind of a pain to have to go into the Setup menu every time to switch back and forth. I did however figure out that my Harmony Elite remote has a button in the Pioneer AVR database called Signal Select that will switch back and forth without going into System Setup. It was a Godsend to me! I'm not sure if you use a universal remote or not but there's no dedicated button on the stock remote or the front of the unit to switch between the 2.

Let me know if this helped.

Cheers.

Wow never thought of that... depending on which source the kids are using to play music from. Spotify, amazon music, google play music, or Apple Music. There are a lot of those apps on the Xbox itself you can download and sign into. Then they can play music in the background while gaming on a lot of games instead of the “games” normal music. But they can also hear normal game actions sounds. Then they can also use their mics and Cortana to switch playlists or next song. Hope this helps as another option too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #765 of 772 Old 01-15-2020, 05:04 PM

^*. Thanks for the harmony remote shortcut. That will definitely be useful. It will work for me to use the Apple TV photo screen saver and my Sonos connect as sound source. Plus the connect has to audio outs so I can have it on two separate inputs. Thanks a lot!

post #766 of 772 Old 01-15-2020, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukrnukr View Post
^*. Thanks for the harmony remote shortcut. That will definitely be useful. It will work for me to use the Apple TV photo screen saver and my Sonos connect as sound source. Plus the connect has to audio outs so I can have it on two separate inputs. Thanks a lot!

Yup. works perfect. I switched my Sonos to an analog input as well to verify that it works on digital and analog. It only took me like 2 months to figure it out. Doh!
post #767 of 772 Old 01-15-2020, 05:40 PM

Quote:

You also shouldn't have to use 2 separate inputs coming from the Connect. The Pio allows you to set the same Coax/ Optical/ Analog input to all of the assignable inputs.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
post #768 of 772 Old 01-18-2020, 06:17 AM

Can anybody help out, I hooked up my HDMI from arc in receiver to arc on tv. I enabled arc on menu setup but I still have no sound on receiver speakers when I play netflix or anything using my T.V.

The sound works when I use any device connected to the AVR, but on t.v. apps, theres no sound. I have a TCL 4 series tv.

Is there something else I'm supposed to do?

UPDATE: Disregard...it magically started working.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited by MisterCassera; 01-18-2020 at 07:23 AM.
post #769 of 772 Old 01-18-2020, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCassera View Post
Can anybody help out, I hooked up my HDMI from arc in receiver to arc on tv. I enabled arc on menu setup but I still have no sound on receiver speakers when I play netflix or anything using my T.V.

The sound works when I use any device connected to the AVR, but on t.v. apps, theres no sound. I have a TCL 4 series tv.

Is there something else I'm supposed to do?

ARC should be on, on both tv and receiver. Then just make sure your receiver is set to the input for ARC and it should work. HDMI CEC might also need to be turned on for both devices for it to work.
post #770 of 772 Old 01-18-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:
ARC should be on, on both tv and receiver. Then just make sure your receiver is set to the input for ARC and it should work. HDMI CEC might also need to be turned on for both devices for it to work.
It was all turned on and connected properly...after a while of turning on and off the same settings on the t.v. end, it randomly started working. I see lots of other people with the TCL have ARC problems....must be a TCL thing.

post #771 of 772 Old 01-18-2020, 05:31 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
So ran the firmware update to get it current (it was back 1 revision) and after the receiver rebooted I get a "7-18 Error!". Power cycled and it says "Please Update! Push [Enter]" I do so and it cycles with the same error and please update. UGH. Guess I'll try the USB method but this blows. Anyone seen this? Thanks.

ala Yoda...

"Tweeters". Heh! "Treble". Heh! A basshead craves not these things! ...
post #772 of 772 Old 01-18-2020, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCassera View Post
It was all turned on and connected properly...after a while of turning on and off the same settings on the t.v. end, it randomly started working. I see lots of other people with the TCL have ARC problems....must be a TCL thing.

Update, it's been doing it on and off all day. It seems as if I turn on and off the t.v. it fixes it most times....anybody else with TCL ARC problems?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page