Help me decide - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-19-2018, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Help me decide

Yamaha 1070 or denon 4400, probably going to use the pre outs for an external amp. Which has the better room correction? Any other things better on the one than the other. To me they look simular, they are the same price right now. eArc? I have a 65b6 oled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-19-2018, 04:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by sledhead1 View Post
Yamaha 1070 or denon 4400, probably going to use the pre outs for an external amp. Which has the better room correction? Any other things better on the one than the other. To me they look simular, they are the same price right now. eArc? I have a 65b6 oled
The denon is eARC ready and is 9ch expandable to 11, so it gets my vote.

2000 watts of power and climbing

-Fred
post #3 of 6 Old 05-19-2018, 08:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2211 Post(s)
Liked: 1576
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionxOrb View Post
The denon is eARC ready and is 9ch expandable to 11, so it gets my vote.
I presume that the 65B6 won't be getting an eARC update, so that will be of no practical use to the OP without getting a newer TV.

I'm using a 4300, the immediate ancestor of the 4400, to drive an Atmos 7.2.4 system. (An Emotiva XPA3 Gen 3 drives LCR, the receiver drives the other 8 channels.) I like it. The Audyssey Multeq app (to manually tweak the room correction calibration) is a plus; does YPAO have the same capability?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-19-2018, 08:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post
I presume that the 65B6 won't be getting an eARC update, so that will be of no practical use to the OP without getting a newer TV.

I'm using a 4300, the immediate ancestor of the 4400, to drive an Atmos 7.2.4 system. (An Emotiva XPA3 Gen 3 drives LCR, the receiver drives the other 8 channels.) I like it. The Audyssey Multeq app (to manually tweak the room correction calibration) is a plus; does YPAO have the same capability?
Besides my LX801 in my main living room, I have a yam rx-a3010 in my master and a onkyo tx-nr1007 in the family room. ( all were my main at one time and get moved down the line ) my point, people can keep receivers for a long time. eARC might not be relevant today, but a few years down the line it might be the feature that keeps the receiver serviceable vs a total loss with a new tv purchase etc.

2000 watts of power and climbing

-Fred
post #5 of 6 Old 05-19-2018, 09:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2211 Post(s)
Liked: 1576
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionxOrb View Post
Besides my LX801 in my main living room, I have a yam rx-a3010 in my master and a onkyo tx-nr1007 in the family room. ( all were my main at one time and get moved down the line ) my point, people can keep receivers for a long time. eARC might not be relevant today, but a few years down the line it might be the feature that keeps the receiver serviceable vs a total loss with a new tv purchase etc.
I'm unconvinced that a future eARC update would be a major plus in deciding which AVR to buy, but it couldn't hurt.

Maybe all of the good TVs will benefit from full HDMI 2.1 compliance in a few years. I'm avoiding any cutting-edge technology because I always buy the wrong one.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-20-2018, 06:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Liked: 259
I think the decision lies with the wireless ecosystem. HEOS or musicast? pull down demo versions of the apps and see which you like better.

Main: Sony XBR75900E, Denon AVR-x4400, Denon POA-5200 (L/R(a) Goldenear supersat 60, (b)FW Boston acoustic Bravo 2. C Goldenear supersat 60C,
SSR DIYSG Volt 6v2. RSS Volt 6, Atmos(.4) Boston acoustics soundware XS
HSU research ULS -15, Episode ES-IW-Dual 8 / Monitor audio IWA 250 amp 2nd Rm: Visio E55, Denon avr730H, Boston Acoustics CR8, cr400 sub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page