Onkyo AVRs TX-RZ630, TX-RZ730, TX-RZ830 Introduced - Page 21 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 245Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #601 of 921 Old 07-19-2019, 10:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Bill97Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 434
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 64
I am looking to get the 730. Do both HDMI's out (zone 1 and 2) output (pass through) 4K? I want one zone going to my TV and the other going to a projector in same room (pull down screen over the TV).
Bill97Z is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #602 of 921 Old 07-19-2019, 10:52 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Far Away!
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 5
So any of this is any better than a Pioneer VSX-LX503 9.2

Music lover! DIY enthusiast!
julitro is offline  
post #603 of 921 Old 07-20-2019, 09:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mr.G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sconi
Posts: 6,500
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1363 Post(s)
Liked: 1908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill97Z View Post
I am looking to get the 730. Do both HDMI's out (zone 1 and 2) output (pass through) 4K? I want one zone going to my TV and the other going to a projector in same room (pull down screen over the TV).
Yes, both HDMI outputs support 4K. If both your TV and Projector are 4K you will be fine, however if one of the displays is 1080p that will be the default output for both.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
Mr.G is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #604 of 921 Old 07-20-2019, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mr.G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sconi
Posts: 6,500
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1363 Post(s)
Liked: 1908
Quote:
Originally Posted by julitro View Post
So any of this is any better than a Pioneer VSX-LX503 9.2
Here's a breakdown article on the LX503 versus the RZ830. You decide.

https://www.zkelectronics.com/compar...eer-vsx-lx503/

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
Mr.G is offline  
post #605 of 921 Old 07-20-2019, 01:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shinksma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wandering the intertubes, on the way to damnation
Posts: 2,995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniemeatball View Post
Just rec'd RZ630. I have a 5.1 setup in main room and hooked up some outdoor speakers to Zone 2 and 3. Previously had a separate receiver running the outdoor speakers. I have a Polk 8 SDI hooked up with both left and right. After hooking up and playing music on Zone 2 the speaker sounds awful. The music is loud and can barely hear the voice, no lows.

Anyone else experience this and have an idea how to fix?
I just received and hooked up a new RZ630 this morning. We've been listening to Zone 2 outside for a couple of hours today - sounds no worse than the 606 Zone 2 I had there until today. Zone 3 worked nicely too.

Something get mis-connected, perhaps? I assume you have it set-up properly with Zones 2 & 3 powered via the rear surrounds and heights? Are you using an analog source for Zone 2, or relying on conversion from HDMI? (I have both connected, honestly don't know what the receiver is using as a default.)

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my captors.
shinksma is offline  
post #606 of 921 Old 07-20-2019, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gorilla Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Next in line for a coveted Red Button
Posts: 3,333
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked: 2440
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
I could be mistaken but the "last" Onkyo model that remotely sounded and performed close to "classic" Onkyo AVR's was likely the RZ900...presumably the last Onkyo solely designed by Onkyo. Subsequent models were obviously heavily influenced by Pioneer's class D amps and power supply architecture and possibly impacted by Gibson's financial woes...hence diminished and a departure from classic Onkyo performance. It will be interesting to see how Onkyo products will be positioned by Sound United going forward.
Thanks Gene, thats what I was talking about. The 900 is pretty unavailable like the 818, ebay offerings are few. You don't know what you miss til its gone.
gene4ht likes this.

8hz ULF TR for the masses and the Cashless. Like a BOSS


If you can't stand behind our troops stand in front of them
Gorilla Killa is online now  
post #607 of 921 Old 07-20-2019, 02:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eriksells916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Rocklin, Ca
Posts: 1,730
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 803 Post(s)
Liked: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniemeatball View Post
Just rec'd RZ630. I have a 5.1 setup in main room and hooked up some outdoor speakers to Zone 2 and 3. Previously had a separate receiver running the outdoor speakers. I have a Polk 8 SDI hooked up with both left and right. After hooking up and playing music on Zone 2 the speaker sounds awful. The music is loud and can barely hear the voice, no lows.

Anyone else experience this and have an idea how to fix?
Are you using zone 2 preouts and zone 3 stereo outs or both zone 2/3 stereo outs?

The rz630 has a dac to play digital sources to zone 2 only, iirc?
eriksells916 is offline  
post #608 of 921 Old 07-21-2019, 07:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
shinksma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wandering the intertubes, on the way to damnation
Posts: 2,995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buteobander View Post
So far I only seem to be able to select Source on zone 2. Zone 2 should be able to play a different input than Main, but I either have not gotten this to work, or not figured it out yet. Onkyo also had no explanation for why I heard nothing from the zone 2 speakers during the multi-zone test when I redid the initial setup.
When I did the initial set-up I also did not get a test tone for Zone 2. I wonder if the initial (factory default) volume is set so low that you just can't hear it, though, because once I sent a source to the other Zones it worked fine after I boosted the volume from "10" or something too low to hear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buteobander View Post
One other note: the interface on the amp itself (controls) are much less user friendly than on the 606 for zone 2. The 606 had dedicated volume buttons for zone 2. The 603 does not, and also when playing music through main and zone 2, and then turning off the amp, it turns off only the main speakers. Seems one has to set the remote control to zone 2 to turn them off... nuts. Doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this on the amp itself.
The 630 is actually quite nice, IMHO, with how Zone 2/3 controls work - on the receiver itself you press Zone 2 or 3, and the controls all switch over to that zone - volume, source selection, power, until you don't hit something for 5 seconds (or maybe 3 seconds).

And on my Harmony remote, when I programmed it for the 630 it added two "additional receivers", which have discrete controls for those two zones.

Much better than the 606, IMHO, once I figured it out.

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my captors.
shinksma is offline  
post #609 of 921 Old 07-21-2019, 01:10 PM
Member
 
ericvq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Firmware Update 7/4/19

Anyone know if updating will erase my setting? Thanks.


https://www.onkyousa.com/downloads/

Firmware Update Onkyo TX-NR787, TX- RZ630, TX-RZ730, TX-RZ830
(7-4-2019)
We are pleased to offer this firmware update for the best possible performance of your Onkyo AV Receiver.
This update may be installed via USB or Network. We recommend USB for faster, more reliable installation.
Onkyo TX-NR787, TX-RZ630, TX-RZ730, TX-RZ830 (Current Version 1060-8000-1050-0010)
The 7/4/2019 update will address the following and includes previous updates:
1. Improve playback stability for Chromecast Built-in.
2. Improve playback stability for Airplay.
3. Improve the playability for certain WAV files.
ericvq is offline  
post #610 of 921 Old 07-22-2019, 07:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Patsfan123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Randolph, MA
Posts: 2,571
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericvq View Post
Anyone know if updating will erase my setting? Thanks.


https://www.onkyousa.com/downloads/

Firmware Update Onkyo TX-NR787, TX- RZ630, TX-RZ730, TX-RZ830
(7-4-2019)
We are pleased to offer this firmware update for the best possible performance of your Onkyo AV Receiver.
This update may be installed via USB or Network. We recommend USB for faster, more reliable installation.
Onkyo TX-NR787, TX-RZ630, TX-RZ730, TX-RZ830 (Current Version 1060-8000-1050-0010)
The 7/4/2019 update will address the following and includes previous updates:
1. Improve playback stability for Chromecast Built-in.
2. Improve playback stability for Airplay.
3. Improve the playability for certain WAV files.
I applied it and my settings were intact. Same with all prior FW.
MALICIOUS ONE likes this.

LG 65C6P FW: 05.30.85 | Onkyo TX-RZ730 5.1.4 | Oppo UDP-203 | Sony UBP-X700 | Xbox One X | Chromecast Ultra | Apple TV 4K
LG 55EG9100 | LG 60PK550 | Samsung LN-S4095D | Samsung UBD‑K8500 | Philips BDP7501 | Panasonic DMP-BDT110
Patsfan123 is offline  
post #611 of 921 Old 07-22-2019, 01:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
iraweiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 652
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan123 View Post
I applied it and my settings were intact. Same with all prior FW.
Same here. Did the network update and it took only a few minutes.
iraweiss is offline  
post #612 of 921 Old 07-22-2019, 02:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 917
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 489 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Stupid question - does the RZ730 have a cooling fan in it, like at the top of the chassis? Was looking at an NR787 and it has one so I assume the 730 does as well.

Also, I have no idea if there is any significance but the power supplies in the 9-series NR floor models I was looking at don't seem to have the 'HCPS' stickers on them; to contrast, the NR787 floor model does. The Onkyo US site still has HCPS listed as a feature but it caught my eye that the stickers aren't there.
KSpan is offline  
post #613 of 921 Old 07-23-2019, 06:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Patsfan123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Randolph, MA
Posts: 2,571
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSpan View Post
Stupid question - does the RZ730 have a cooling fan in it, like at the top of the chassis? Was looking at an NR787 and it has one so I assume the 730 does as well.

Also, I have no idea if there is any significance but the power supplies in the 9-series NR floor models I was looking at don't seem to have the 'HCPS' stickers on them; to contrast, the NR787 floor model does. The Onkyo US site still has HCPS listed as a feature but it caught my eye that the stickers aren't there.
The 730 has a fan but I've never noticed it turn on. That basically goes for all the Onkyos with fans that I've owned. They must only turn on at crazy high temps.
MALICIOUS ONE and KSpan like this.

LG 65C6P FW: 05.30.85 | Onkyo TX-RZ730 5.1.4 | Oppo UDP-203 | Sony UBP-X700 | Xbox One X | Chromecast Ultra | Apple TV 4K
LG 55EG9100 | LG 60PK550 | Samsung LN-S4095D | Samsung UBD‑K8500 | Philips BDP7501 | Panasonic DMP-BDT110
Patsfan123 is offline  
post #614 of 921 Old 07-23-2019, 09:20 AM
Member
 
ericvq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraweiss View Post
Same here. Did the network update and it took only a few minutes.
Thanks guys. Last update I did was before I put all my setting in. Will update this evening.
ericvq is offline  
post #615 of 921 Old 07-25-2019, 09:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
coolgeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,569
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1781 Post(s)
Liked: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFuzz View Post
I have to revoke my opinion on the RZ730. I've been comparing A/B now with two speaker sets (Dynaudio Audience 82 vs Sonus Faber Principia 5) and have to conclude that the RZ730 is not as powerful, does not have the authority and cleanliness of the 818. On the 818, voices are more pronounced, I hear more detail and the lower registers have more oomph...

I still get the feelinf that Onkyo made a "mistake" with the 818 and put too good a pre and powramp and powr supply than what was supposed to be there 😉 How else can it outplay a (doublepriced) more expensive, better specced Marantz 7012 and Denon X4500. In stereo that is.
I'm having a hard time selecting new components, probably have to spend more to get the same stereo performance and get Dolby Atmos in the same Machine.
How's the Marantz 7012? I was thinking of getting one to check out... you can find some deals now on these.
coolgeek is offline  
post #616 of 921 Old 07-25-2019, 10:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eriksells916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Rocklin, Ca
Posts: 1,730
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 803 Post(s)
Liked: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post
How's the Marantz 7012? I was thinking of getting one to check out... you can find some deals now on these.
Hey I found one about 6 months ago on ebay from an authorized dealer for only $799 (open box). I asked on the forum since I was leaning towards the lx503 from Frys or the rz830 from Amazon. Well someone responded and said it had horrible hdmi issues so I passed and missed both the lx503 and rz830 deals. But now I cannot find anything regarding denon or marantz having hdmi issues.

Anyway, the lx503 seems to be the best deal now that the rz830 went up $150. The lx503 got excellent bench test results as well as an incredible phono stage. Doesn't have xt32 like the 7012 and probably doesn't have as much power but I don't need any of that in my living room theater.

Good luck!
eriksells916 is offline  
post #617 of 921 Old 07-25-2019, 10:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
coolgeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,569
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1781 Post(s)
Liked: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksells916 View Post
Hey I found one about 6 months ago on ebay from an authorized dealer for only $799 (open box). I asked on the forum since I was leaning towards the lx503 from Frys or the rz830 from Amazon. Well someone responded and said it had horrible hdmi issues so I passed and missed both the lx503 and rz830 deals. But now I cannot find anything regarding denon or marantz having hdmi issues.

Anyway, the lx503 seems to be the best deal now that the rz830 went up $150. The lx503 got excellent bench test results as well as an incredible phono stage. Doesn't have xt32 like the 7012 and probably doesn't have as much power but I don't need any of that in my living room theater.

Good luck!
I found this review from Amazon... the guy had a 818 which we all liked, but said the Marantz beats it... so, i think this might seal the deal for me...

Quote:
I recently had to replace my Onkyo TX-NR818 receiver when it died from the Onkyo HDMI board defect. I was planning to replace it in any case since it had fallen behind in the AVR standards and versions rat race and didn't support some of my other equipment correctly. I had already decided that the Marantz 7012/7013 would replace the Onkyo and the "last years model" price drop for the 7012 sealed the deal for me. The Marantz has noticeably better sound quality than the Onkyo which I expected. Subjectively it has a smoother, less fatiguing sound than the Onkyo did and I find myself enjoying long sessions of music listening again. T
NoFuzz likes this.
coolgeek is offline  
post #618 of 921 Old 07-25-2019, 10:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eriksells916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Rocklin, Ca
Posts: 1,730
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 803 Post(s)
Liked: 294
@coolgeek I wish I saw that! nice find!
eriksells916 is offline  
post #619 of 921 Old 07-25-2019, 04:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gorilla Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Next in line for a coveted Red Button
Posts: 3,333
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked: 2440
Thanks again @gene4ht . I found a 900, already impressed after a few hours. The Yamaha 2080 has been exiled
gene4ht likes this.

8hz ULF TR for the masses and the Cashless. Like a BOSS


If you can't stand behind our troops stand in front of them
Gorilla Killa is online now  
post #620 of 921 Old 07-25-2019, 06:16 PM
Senior Member
 
french_guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodog View Post
Helps greatly... thank you....

Sadly the RZ830 just went up $50-70 in price so I may not even get it now.... sucks because I was looking st the price of $495-498 for many weeks and the day I was going to buy it, the price jumps up... 😕
Does anyone know why the price went up? It was $498 on A4L for a while, and people were saying it was because the 840 was getting released....But now, the 830 is at $579 !!!
french_guy is offline  
post #621 of 921 Old 07-25-2019, 07:03 PM
Member
 
kmoore88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
RZ630 Zone 2 HDMI issue

I am not able to get a video signal through on the Zone 2 HDMI output. I have the zone 2 HDMI menu setting to on. I’ve tried different cables. Any suggestions? Thank you.
kmoore88 is offline  
post #622 of 921 Old 07-25-2019, 07:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 276
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Supply and demand

Do it all or don't do it at all.


Dynaudio Contour 20, REL T/5i's, Bluesound Node 2i, Anthem MCA 225, Musical Fidelity M2si, Wireworld and Analysis Plus cables
yodog is offline  
post #623 of 921 Old 07-26-2019, 04:03 AM
Member
 
NoFuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post
I found this review from Amazon... the guy had a 818 which we all liked, but said the Marantz beats it... so, i think this might seal the deal for me...
I have to say I did not like the Marantz as much as the 818 in stereo. I think it depends very much on how it combines with your speakers. I used DYnaudio Audience 82, which maybe where in need of the bit of agression in the Onkyo.

THis week I returned to the NAD T758v3 because the trouble I had has been solved now (stereo image unregularities with DIRAC and hi-res tracks) and the new T758v3 I recieved is spanking brand new from the factory and has the black mic (oppposed to the white one, which gave problems in my previous T758v3).

If you can get the 7012 for $ 799,- that is about half the price of the NAD, I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Here in Europe I didn't saw prices below € 1000,-. You wil find the Marantz to be better in surround than the Onkyo!
NoFuzz is offline  
post #624 of 921 Old 07-26-2019, 05:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
coolgeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,569
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1781 Post(s)
Liked: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFuzz View Post
I have to say I did not like the Marantz as much as the 818 in stereo. I think it depends very much on how it combines with your speakers. I used DYnaudio Audience 82, which maybe where in need of the bit of agression in the Onkyo.

THis week I returned to the NAD T758v3 because the trouble I had has been solved now (stereo image unregularities with DIRAC and hi-res tracks) and the new T758v3 I recieved is spanking brand new from the factory and has the black mic (oppposed to the white one, which gave problems in my previous T758v3).

If you can get the 7012 for $ 799,- that is about half the price of the NAD, I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Here in Europe I didn't saw prices below € 1000,-. You wil find the Marantz to be better in surround than the Onkyo!
I should have snapped up one I saw on Amazon awhile back for $800 but it's gone now... the cheapest used one with blemishes on it is not at close to $1K. If I add on shipping to my country and pay tax, it's going to be closer to $1300. I can get the Marantz 7013 new, here for about $1500 now locally.
coolgeek is offline  
post #625 of 921 Old 07-26-2019, 10:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene4ht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Troy, MI
Posts: 4,220
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2099 Post(s)
Liked: 2948
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post
I should have snapped up one I saw on Amazon awhile back for $800 but it's gone now... the cheapest used one with blemishes on it is not at close to $1K. If I add on shipping to my country and pay tax, it's going to be closer to $1300. I can get the Marantz 7013 new, here for about $1500 now locally.
I know the SR8012 is not on your radar but I’ve auditioned it in my home and it’s in a totally different performance league than the 7012. The 8012 can be found in the states for between $1800-$2400 depending on the dealers you know...perhaps you know a dealer in your country who will work with you...just an alternative thought you may want to entertain.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
gene4ht is offline  
post #626 of 921 Old 07-28-2019, 05:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
coolgeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,569
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1781 Post(s)
Liked: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
I know the SR8012 is not on your radar but I’ve auditioned it in my home and it’s in a totally different performance league than the 7012. The 8012 can be found in the states for between $1800-$2400 depending on the dealers you know...perhaps you know a dealer in your country who will work with you...just an alternative thought you may want to entertain.
Assuming I can get it for $1800, i'll still need to add somthing like $400 to ship from the US (including tax) to my country. That'll get it to $2200.

I just pulled the trigger and got one new 7013 from a local dealer for $1500

Initial impression:

1. Audyssey.

I knew I hated for a reason.. haha.. but i did set it up again on this receiver! The sound were harsh... totally hated it! Decided to turn off Audyssey again..

2. Initial impression after listening to about 5 hours of music and some movie content...

It was superb musicality wise... this receiver brought back the warmth i felt with the older Onkyos, like my 3009 and the 818. The onkyo rz830 just lost something with music... although it's smooth, it was kinda flat... i mean, the depth to music were sort of lost... and i guess terms like 'souless' or 'cold' would describe these digital amps... so, in my opinion, the marantz actually beats out even my old 818 onkyos in terms of pure music... it's the best music i have heard in a long time...

But for movies, dts, etc.. i am a bit hard press to find a difference. In fact, if I am not mistaken the Marantz didn't have the 'double bass' that came with the onkyo... i miss that double bass setting as it truly brought my subwoofer to shine... but i suppose i could just add 'db' to the sub in settings manually or turn up the sub's volume control to get back those bass...
gene4ht likes this.
coolgeek is offline  
post #627 of 921 Old 07-28-2019, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MUDCAT45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,246
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 740 Post(s)
Liked: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post
Assuming I can get it for $1800, i'll still need to add somthing like $400 to ship from the US (including tax) to my country. That'll get it to $2200.

I just pulled the trigger and got one new 7013 from a local dealer for $1500

Initial impression:

1. Audyssey.

I knew I hated for a reason.. haha.. but i did set it up again on this receiver! The sound were harsh... totally hated it! Decided to turn off Audyssey again..

2. Initial impression after listening to about 5 hours of music and some movie content...

It was superb musicality wise... this receiver brought back the warmth i felt with the older Onkyos, like my 3009 and the 818. The onkyo rz830 just lost something with music... although it's smooth, it was kinda flat... i mean, the depth to music were sort of lost... and i guess terms like 'souless' or 'cold' would describe these digital amps... so, in my opinion, the marantz actually beats out even my old 818 onkyos in terms of pure music... it's the best music i have heard in a long time...

But for movies, dts, etc.. i am a bit hard press to find a difference. In fact, if I am not mistaken the Marantz didn't have the 'double bass' that came with the onkyo... i miss that double bass setting as it truly brought my subwoofer to shine... but i suppose i could just add 'db' to the sub in settings manually or turn up the sub's volume control to get back those bass...
Marantz has double bass. Selecr LFE + Mains in Bass setting of speakers menu.
MUDCAT45 is online now  
post #628 of 921 Old 07-28-2019, 10:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
coolgeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,569
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1781 Post(s)
Liked: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDCAT45 View Post
Marantz has double bass. Selecr LFE + Mains in Bass setting of speakers menu.
Thanks,

I saw it but didn't know what it was.

BTW: What does it mean anyways LFE+Mains? Does it mean it also sent the LFE signal to my main speakers? Or, the LFE signals that are in the Main Channels to the Subwoofer?

Is this different from the Double Bass in Onkyo?
coolgeek is offline  
post #629 of 921 Old 08-03-2019, 07:11 AM
Newbie
 
omegatricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
TX-RZ730 - no output for sub 2

Good morning,
I purchased the Onkyo TX-RZ730 several months ago and was only recently able to connect a second subwoofer to the back. However, there is no output. I looked throught the manual to no avail. Has anyone else encountered this issue?
omegatricky is offline  
post #630 of 921 Old 08-03-2019, 07:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 3,579
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2094 Post(s)
Liked: 1719
TX-RZ730 - no output for sub 2

Redacting my statement.

I’m not too sure if AccuEQ is any different from AccuEQ Advance.

I’m not sure if the Advance version has 2 separate sub channels or just a single one like the normal AccuEQ.

Leave it at 8 ohms and call it a day :)

Last edited by Russdawg1; 08-03-2019 at 07:52 AM.
Russdawg1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
av receiver , dsd , hdmi , Onkyo , onkyo sound issues pc windows , onkyo tx-rz630 , silent , tx-rz730 , zone 2

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off