Onkyo AVRs TX-RZ630, TX-RZ730, TX-RZ830 Introduced - Page 27 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 244Likes

post #781 of 917 Old 12-08-2019, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Question Onkyo RZ830 HDMI Outputs 1 & 2 switching issue

So I have my Vizio LCD TV (1080p) connected to HDMI OUT 2 and my Epson 5050UB (4K) projector connected to HDMI OUT 1. However, even with the projector turned off, I do not get any output from HDMI OUT 2 to the TV but if I unplug the hdmi cable (hdmi out 2) to the projector, it shows the picture on the TV....

Due to placement, both cables are 25 ft long and the only issue I can see here is that the one to the TV is regular passive hdmi cable (4k, etc. approved) and the one to the projector which I recently bought is an optical hdmi cable. Not sure if that might be the problem.... Any ideas?

Last edited by momofx; 12-08-2019 at 10:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #782 of 917 Old 12-09-2019, 04:24 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by gk2121 View Post
I know this isn't an extremely pressing question, but is there a way for the OSD from the Onkyo to show the HDR mode? Currently, it only shows something like "4k 60p 444 24bit Premium Content". I currently have to press the info button on the TV to see HDR mode. Also, I don't suppose there is anyway to have the audio output (Atmos, DTS, DD+, etc) on the actual Onkyo screen instead of the volume level? All the demo pictures show "Dolby Atmos" but it never actually displays it.

Sorry, the answers are no & no to both questions.

Samsung UN65JS8500/Samsung UBD-K8500/Outlaw 5000 amp/Onkyo TX-RX830 using 5.2.4/Xbox One X w/Kinect
XBL Gamertag: MALICIOUS ONE
post #783 of 917 Old 12-09-2019, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1362 Post(s)
Liked: 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofx View Post
So I have my Vizio LCD TV (1080p) connected to HDMI OUT 2 and my Epson 5050UB (4K) projector connected to HDMI OUT 1. However, even with the projector turned off, I do not get any output from HDMI OUT 2 to the TV but if I unplug the hdmi cable (hdmi out 2) to the projector, it shows the picture on the TV....

Due to placement, both cables are 25 ft long and the only issue I can see here is that the one to the TV is regular passive hdmi cable (4k, etc. approved) and the one to the projector which I recently bought is an optical hdmi cable. Not sure if that might be the problem.... Any ideas?
I have a similar setup but difference issue. My 4K projector is connected to the Onkyo RZ830 Main Output via a 50 foot Ruipro Hybrid HDMI cable. My 1080p Panasonic plasma is connected to the SUB Output with a 6 foot Monoprice certified 4K HDMI cable. If both are on at same time the RZ830 defaults to the lowest common resolution 1080p but I do get a picture on each device. To get a 4K stream to the projector the Panasonic had to be unplugged not just turned off. I purchased an inexpensive wireless power adapter to keep the Panasonic "unplugged" so the RZ830 does not see it. Active optical cables can sometimes cause issues because of the chipset used.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #784 of 917 Old 12-10-2019, 09:44 PM

Lightbulb

Well I figured out a way to get it to work but it's not automatically done like I hoped for. I found that by pressing the "hdmi" button under the front flip down panel and manually switching from Main to Sub hdmi output, fixed my issue. I suspect its something to do with that they are both not the same ie. both not 4K or both not 1080p and the HDMI circuit in the Onkyo cannot operate with it being that way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
I have a similar setup but difference issue. My 4K projector is connected to the Onkyo RZ830 Main Output via a 50 foot Ruipro Hybrid HDMI cable. My 1080p Panasonic plasma is connected to the SUB Output with a 6 foot Monoprice certified 4K HDMI cable. If both are on at same time the RZ830 defaults to the lowest common resolution 1080p but I do get a picture on each device. To get a 4K stream to the projector the Panasonic had to be unplugged not just turned off. I purchased an inexpensive wireless power adapter to keep the Panasonic "unplugged" so the RZ830 does not see it. Active optical cables can sometimes cause issues because of the chipset used.
post #785 of 917 Old 12-11-2019, 06:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofx View Post
Well I figured out a way to get it to work but it's not automatically done like I hoped for. I found that by pressing the "hdmi" button under the front flip down panel and manually switching from Main to Sub hdmi output, fixed my issue. I suspect its something to do with that they are both not the same ie. both not 4K or both not 1080p and the HDMI circuit in the Onkyo cannot operate with it being that way...
Most devices are never actually off unless the power is cut. I would not be surprised if the projector's HDMI circuitry is always on and negotiating handshakes even when it is "off". This cuts down on negotiation time when you plan on actually using it. If the Projector is saying send a 4K signal, then your 1080p TV is going to be blank because the receiver just passes the signal.

LG 65C6P FW: 05.30.85 | Onkyo TX-RZ730 5.1.4 | Oppo UDP-203 | Sony UBP-X700 | Xbox One X | Chromecast Ultra | Apple TV 4K
LG 55EG9100 | LG 60PK550 | Samsung LN-S4095D | Samsung UBD‑K8500 | Philips BDP7501 | Panasonic DMP-BDT110
post #786 of 917 Old 12-11-2019, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Zone 2 question. I just bought some klipsch aw-650 outdoor speakers to replace some older Yamaha speakers I had. I’m kind of disappointed in the volume of zone 2 and the klipsch speakers. Based on specs these speakers can handle some good wattage. Would I benefit from an external amp and if so what is a reasonable priced external amp? Would like to stay under $300 if possible.
I’m open to any suggestions or tips for getting the most out of my zone 2.
post #787 of 917 Old 12-15-2019, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Question Onkyo AV receiver and playing Zone 2 sources

TL/DR: I can't get some sources to play on Zone2 speakers

I finished my basement and have a dedicated media room with my main TV and AV setup. Additionally, I have two ceiling speakers in the main living room that are connected to "Zone2" on my AV receiver in the media room. This is the setup:

- Onkyo TX-R730 receiver with 7.1.2 Atmos setup
- Two Zone 2 ceiling speakers in an adjacent room connected to the Onkyo
- Playstation 4 for gaming and occasional BluRay
- Nvidia Shield (2019) connected to reciever via HDMI for Plex, streaming and audio
- TCL R617 TV for media room video

I have the Onkyo app and have read the directions many times and still just can't figure out the ins and outs of playing to Zone 2. Per documentation, I should be able to play HDMI sources and duplicate what is playing in my media room. I know my speakers all work as I was able to get one source playing in Zone 2 but not others.

Here are some scenarios:
  • Streaming Plex live TV via Shield in main room but can't hear anything in Zone 2 if the Shield Input is selected NO BUENO
  • Streaming Plex live TV via Shield in main room but streaming Amazon Music via Onkyo NET input on Zone 2 works great. I hear both separate sources at same time.
  • Streaming Plex live TV via Shield in main room but Google Music via Chromecast on Onkyo NET input via Zone 2 NO BUENO.
  • Attempting to stream Netflix movie in main room and duplicate that audio to Zone 2 NO BUENO
  • So far, only Amazon Music seams to work via Zone 2. The Nvidia Shield has no audio playback on Zone 2.

So, it is confusing what sources will play on Zone 2 and which ones won't. Speakers work for sure. Any insight is appreciated.

Last edited by Rob67; 12-15-2019 at 12:09 PM.
post #788 of 917 Old 12-15-2019, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainiac116 View Post
Has anyone else had problems setting up ARC with the RZ-830 and an Lg OLED tv? Primary problem is the Onkyo wants to switch inputs on it's own or, say if I wanted to watch Plex after watching cable TV, it will not switch from "cable/satellite" to "TV" input even after pushing TV button on remote, which equates to no audio during a plex movie.
Another issue I am struggling to understand is the Onkyo setup. My TV, Oppo, cable box, PS4 and Apple 4k components are all connected via HDMI(yes they are all 4K certified) and I am using the "main" out HDMI jack on the Onkyo to the TV and have the other HDMI output (SUB) out set as unused.
If I'm using HDMI cables only, should all the video and audio digital input settings be set to "---"? What confuses me is I am not using the component 1, 2 or video 1, 2 input jacks nor am I using the digital coaxial, optical jacks. Why are the Onkyo default values set the way they are? What am I missing or not understanding?
Below is a cut and paste from the owners manual.

3. Video Input
Change input assignment between the input selectors and COMPONENT VIDEO
IN jacks and the VIDEO IN jacks. If you do not assign a jack, select "---".
Setting Item Default Value Setting Details
BD/DVD COMPONENT 1 "COMPONENT 1", "COMPONENT 2": Assign the
COMPONENT VIDEO IN jacks to the BD/DVD
button.
"VIDEO 1", "VIDEO 2": Assign a desired VIDEO IN
jack to the BD/DVD button.
CBL/SAT VIDEO 1 "COMPONENT 1", "COMPONENT 2": Assign the
COMPONENT VIDEO IN jacks to the CBL/SAT
button.
jack to the CBL/SAT button.
GAME COMPONENT 2 "COMPONENT 1", "COMPONENT 2": Assign
the COMPONENT VIDEO IN jacks to the GAME
button.
jack to the GAME button.
STRM BOX VIDEO 2 "COMPONENT 1", "COMPONENT 2": Assign the
COMPONENT VIDEO IN jacks to the STRM BOX
button.
jack to the STRM BOX button.
PC --- "COMPONENT 1", "COMPONENT 2": Assign the
COMPONENT VIDEO IN jacks to the PC button.
jack to the PC button.
CD --- "COMPONENT 1", "COMPONENT 2": Assign the
COMPONENT VIDEO IN jacks to the CD button.
jack to the CD button.
TV --- "COMPONENT 1", "COMPONENT 2": Assign the
COMPONENT VIDEO IN jacks to the TV button.
jack to the TV button.
PHONO --- "COMPONENT 1", "COMPONENT 2": Assign the
COMPONENT VIDEO IN jacks to the PHONO
button.
jack to the PHONO button.
131 Front Panel≫ Rear Panel≫ Remote≫
Contents≫ Connections≫ Playback≫ Setup≫
„ 4. Digital Audio Input
Change input assignment between the input selectors and DIGITAL IN COAXIAL/
OPTICAL jacks. If you do not assign a jack, select "---".
BD/DVD COAXIAL "COAXIAL", "OPTICAL 1", "OPTICAL 2": Assign a
desired DIGITAL IN jack to the BD/DVD button.
CBL/SAT --- "COAXIAL", "OPTICAL 1", "OPTICAL 2": Assign a
desired DIGITAL IN jack to the CBL/SAT button.
GAME --- "COAXIAL", "OPTICAL 1", "OPTICAL 2": Assign a
desired DIGITAL IN jack to the GAME button.
STRM BOX --- "COAXIAL", "OPTICAL 1", "OPTICAL 2": Assign a
desired DIGITAL IN jack to the STRM BOX button.
PC --- "COAXIAL", "OPTICAL 1", "OPTICAL 2": Assign a
desired DIGITAL IN jack to the PC button.
CD OPTICAL 1 "COAXIAL", "OPTICAL 1", "OPTICAL 2": Assign a
desired DIGITAL IN jack to the CD button.
TV OPTICAL 2 "COAXIAL", "OPTICAL 1", "OPTICAL 2": Assign a
desired DIGITAL IN jack to the TV button.
PHONO --- "COAXIAL", "OPTICAL 1", "OPTICAL 2": Assign a
desired DIGITAL IN jack to the PHONO button.
• Supported sampling rates for PCM signals (stereo, mono) from a digital input are 32kHz,
44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz/16bit, 20bit, and 24bit.

I hope I've explained my problems clearly but if not, I wouldn't blame you not responding.
I have yet to experience a Dolby vision or atmos movie which is why I bought the RZ-830.
I admit I'm old school and I'm trying my best to keep up but I find this new equipment/content very confusing.
Similar issue here. Have an LG OLED C9 and the RZ730. Also use Directv. Installer from the retailer set up TV and RZ730. Tried to get the RZ730 to detect the ARC from the LG but it wouldn't recognize it. But when we used the TV to display something, i.e., Netflix, the HDMI ARC flowed through the RZ730 and we had audio.

His comment was "ARC isn't reliable so I'm setting up your optical as well."

Few days later, turn on the TV using Directv remote and, after a few seconds, the RZ730 switches on and shows "TV" but no sound. Have to select the "Cable Box" to hear anything.

Any thoughts/insight by anyone? Thank you!
post #789 of 917 Old 12-15-2019, 01:00 PM

SHould of posted this here.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...2-sources.html

TL/DR: I can't figure out what sources work with Zone 2 playback and how to enable them. Details of setup in thread linked above.
post #790 of 917 Old 12-15-2019, 01:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 802 Post(s)
Liked: 292
@Rob67 the rz series can play analog and hdmi sources to zone 2.
post #791 of 917 Old 12-15-2019, 02:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volleyball Coach View Post
Similar issue here. Have an LG OLED C9 and the RZ730. Also use Directv. Installer from the retailer set up TV and RZ730. Tried to get the RZ730 to detect the ARC from the LG but it wouldn't recognize it. But when we used the TV to display something, i.e., Netflix, the HDMI ARC flowed through the RZ730 and we had audio.

Few days later, turn on the TV using Directv remote and, after a few seconds, the RZ730 switches on and shows "TV" but no sound. Have to select the "Cable Box" to hear anything.

So I had a similar issue pop up the other day after not having any issues with ARC for the first month that I owned my C9. It actually all started when I tried watching am movie on my Oppo 83 which did not work because for some reason the picture was all messed up (i.e. on the main Oppo loading screen which is black with a blue Oppo logo the black background was pink and the blue was yellow). I tried everything to get it to go away but could not but for some reason after that whenever I would turn on my C9 my RZ830 would come on the Oppo input even if my when I shut everything I was on say the Xbox one X.

Once that started I was having issues getting sound from the TV when I trying to watch anything that was being played from an app on the C9. For the life I could not figure out what was up but I ended up going in the the menu of the C9 and the RZ830 and deactivated and reactivated ARC and since that which was about 5-6 days ago I have not had any issues. I am new to using ARC so I am pretty nooby at it and not sure it just fixed itself by happenstance but maybe try what I did to see if it does anything.

Ed
LG 65C9, Onkyo TX-RZ830 5.1.4, OPPO BDP-83 region free, Xbox One X scorpio, PS4, eD[c]12 LCR, Klipsch R-14M surrounds, Rythmik FV15HP

Xbox GT / PSN ID - Smigro
post #792 of 917 Old 12-15-2019, 03:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob67 View Post
TL/DR: I can't get some sources to play on Zone2 speakers

I finished my basement and have a dedicated media room with my main TV and AV setup. Additionally, I have two ceiling speakers in the main living room that are connected to "Zone2" on my AV receiver in the media room. This is the setup:

- Onkyo TX-R730 receiver with 7.1.2 Atmos setup

- Two Zone 2 ceiling speakers in an adjacent room connected to the Onkyo

- Playstation 4 for gaming and occasional BluRay

- Nvidia Shield (2019) connected to reciever via HDMI for Plex, streaming and audio

- TCL R617 TV for media room video

I have the Onkyo app and have read the directions many times and still just can't figure out the ins and outs of playing to Zone 2. Per documentation, I should be able to play HDMI sources and duplicate what is playing in my media room. I know my speakers all work as I was able to get one source playing in Zone 2 but not others.

Here are some scenarios:

• Streaming Plex live TV via Shield in main room but can't hear anything in Zone 2 if the Shield Input is selected NO BUENO
  • Streaming Plex live TV via Shield in main room but streaming Amazon Music via Onkyo NET input on Zone 2 works great. I hear both separate sources at same time.
  • Streaming Plex live TV via Shield in main room but Google Music via Chromecast on Onkyo NET input via Zone 2 NO BUENO.
  • Attempting to stream Netflix movie in main room and duplicate that audio to Zone 2 NO BUENO
  • So far, only Amazon Music seams to work via Zone 2. The Nvidia Shield has no audio playback on Zone 2.

So, it is confusing what sources will play on Zone 2 and which ones won't. Speakers work for sure. Any insight is appreciated.
Missing info.

Are you setting main s 7.1.0? If you are using 7.1.2 in the main zone, no zone 2, unless you are using external amp for the zone 2 through RCA pre outs...
post #793 of 917 Old 12-16-2019, 05:32 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volleyball Coach View Post

Hard to believe we are the only two members of this forum with an LG/RZ combination that have ARC problems!
I noticed Smigro responded to your comment with a similar issue, also noticed he has an OPPO 83 connected which I have as well, wondering if maybe the OPPO might be causing handshake issues? I will try Smigro's solution " I ended up going in the the menu of the C9 and the RZ830 and deactivated and reactivated ARC" I've nothing to loose except ARC headache's.
post #794 of 917 Old 12-16-2019, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asabrag View Post
Missing info.

Are you setting main s 7.1.0? If you are using 7.1.2 in the main zone, no zone 2, unless you are using external amp for the zone 2 through RCA pre outs...

The TX-RZ730 automatically disables the Atmos speakers in main when you power on zone 2. I did have Amazon Music stream successfully to zone 2 while watching something with Plex on main. But that is the only thing I got working. And, it was Amazon Music integration with Onkyo (built in) not the Amazon Music app playing over HDMI via my Shield.

I have yet to see an HDMI sourced audio stream make it's way to zone 2.
post #795 of 917 Old 12-18-2019, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Greatings guys, I Havre e a couple questions in reguards to my onkyo TX-rz730.

I am setting up a dolby atmos home theater (7.1.4) and I am having issues with my rear speakers.

I knew going in that I needed a 2 channel external amp to drive my rear speakers while running 4 ceiling speakers. I had no clue as to what kind of amp to get to drive those speakers so I picked up a Audiosource 102vs (class A amp) to drive my Sony bookshelf speakers. Now my room is a little long so the rear speakers were placed on a shelf 10' behind the seated position. I ran the rca cables from the propper outputs on the onkyo to the amp input ports and hooked up the speakers.

I then turned the volume up on the audiosource amp half way and ran the speaker setup. Unlike all the other speakers the back ones sounded muted and when the test was done the report came back as not having back speakers. Now if I turn the audiosource amp volume up more then half I start getting a very distinct Hum. The minimum volume to get the speakers to register during the speaker setup is about 2/3. Which has quite a unacceptable constant hum.

Question... Is there anyway to increase the volume going out from the onkyo to the audiosource amp?

Any other ideas to reduce the hum?

Did I buy a amp that is not any good for my application? Should I just have bought a class D amp? (any recommendations on a 2 channel amps that are reasonable in price since it is only driving back surround speakers.)

Any advice would be appreciated as right now the hum is unacceptable.

Also one more question (sorry lol)

I am running my content through a new Nvidia shield pro 2019. My 2 year old Sony amp would turn on and off (along with my projector) when I fired up the shield. With this new amp the amp has to be turned on manually. Am I missing a setting or two? I would love to have my amp and projector turn on and off with one press of the power button on my shield just like it was before.

Thanks for your time.
post #796 of 917 Old 12-20-2019, 09:16 PM

Wiring zone 2 and 3 for Onkyo TX-RZ630

I am trying to set up „ 5.1 Channel System + ZONE SPEAKER

I have built in 5 speakers in the living room, 2 speakers in kitchen (zone 2), 2 speakers in patio (zone 3).
I have the receiver in closet away from leaving room where I have the wiring in the wall.
As the attached picture, I found outlet to hook speaker wire for 5 speakers in the wall.
they are working perfectly. I have hooked the subwoofer, it is working perfectly.
I do not see any other hookups for zone 2 and zone 3 speaker wire on the wall except for something below the subwoofer which says "low-level".

I would really help if anyone can help me with some tips how can I get my zone 2 and zone 3 wiring finished.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191212_115045.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	627.4 KB
ID:	2656836   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191221_000602.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	758.7 KB
ID:	2656838  
post #797 of 917 Old 12-20-2019, 10:38 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 822 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24126 Post(s)
Liked: 13339
The images shown only display connections for 5 speakers and 1 subwoofer.

Any additional Zone connections would have to be made directly to the AVR itself.
post #798 of 917 Old 12-21-2019, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
The images shown only display connections for 5 speakers and 1 subwoofer.

Any additional Zone connections would have to be made directly to the AVR itself.
thanks. What do you mean by AVR?
post #799 of 917 Old 12-21-2019, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Main + sub

Hello,

I am using onkyo txrz830 together with klipsch RP (8000f and others) with 5.1.4 combination for dolby atmos (2 ceiling speakers). Recently I also replaced the hdmi connection to 8k ultra hdmi just to make sure, that there is engouch data flow on the cables.

As for the output, I am using an optoma uhd300x projector and sony xf9005.
My basic source is ATV4K (netflix and some selected movies) and also a 4k sat tuner.

I have let's say not spectacular results with music (itunes from atv4k). Most likely not engouch power for my speakers (additional amp needed). I have some issues with hdmi/arc - finally disabled ARC and connected everything directly to onkyo. For example I got once no sound on arc and I had to switch of the power of the unit for couple of minutes to have it back. And secret key combination to enable enhanced mode of hdmi??? I found it only because of this thread... Strange...

But then regarding the quality of the audio in movies - the effect is incredible. It can really produce fantastic sound. Also live events like Hans Zimmer in Prague, or Depeche Mode live in Berlin - wow, just wow. I've been personally on the Hans Zimmer show and using the projector and this sound system, I really felt like I am there again. So to summarize, I am really happy.

The only thing I cannot understand is MAIN and SUB. I want to use TV on the wall of daily watching, and projector in the evening for movies.

Question : do I have to each time manually select MAIN or SUB ?
When I select both MAIN+SUB, I have picture on both TV and projector screen, but I am loosing sound (half second of silence few times in every minute). This issue dissapears, when I will select MAIN only (or SUB only). I keep dolby vision only to the tv (SUB). It seems like with two hdmi outs activated, my onkyo does not have engouch power.

Do I understood correctly that when I will activate main+sub, I will loose the quality to 1080p for both outputs?

So this would mean that the only way would be to manually switch from MAIN to SUB all the time?
Do You think there are any other amps which does not need to do it , or maybe this is a common problem for all amps? Maybe the 840 is better with hdmi?

best regards - Maciej
post #800 of 917 Old 12-21-2019, 09:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciej Miguła View Post
Hello,

I can't comment on the video questions but those Klipsch speakers are very efficient, so unless [email protected] attempting to listen at ear-bleeding levels the 830 is producing plenty of power.

Also, if movie soundtracks sound great but your music doesn't then it's likely either a problem with your material itself or you may have different settings/EQ/etc enabled on the receiver for the different sources.
post #801 of 917 Old 12-23-2019, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I own the rz730. I read that the latest update did enable eArc on the 830. Does anyone know if the update also will come to the 730?

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A6003 via Tapatalk
post #802 of 917 Old 12-23-2019, 02:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 802 Post(s)
Liked: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundstrom.joakim View Post
I own the rz730. I read that the latest update did enable eArc on the 830. Does anyone know if the update also will come to the 730?

I think someone asked on the Onkyo facebook page about the earc update for the 7xx series and it was not answered. It looks like they are keeping it on the 8xx and 9xx series only. Even the old rz1100 didn't get it.
lundstrom.joakim likes this.
post #803 of 917 Old 12-23-2019, 02:55 PM

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksells916 View Post
I think someone asked on the Onkyo facebook page about the earc update for the 7xx series and it was not answered. It looks like they are keeping it on the 8xx and 9xx series only. Even the old rz1100 didn't get it.
Ok

post #804 of 917 Old 12-24-2019, 04:57 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakibur Rahman View Post
thanks. What do you mean by AVR?
AVR = Audio Video Receiver
post #805 of 917 Old 12-25-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksells916 View Post
@Rob67 the rz series can play analog and hdmi sources to zone 2.

Thanks. How does one play HDMI sources over Zone 2? I am using the app and can only get Amazon Music to play over the "Net" source. I have tried getting audio via HDMI from my Nvidia Shield but no go. Plays fine on the Main zone, though. Is there a tutorial outside of the manual?
post #806 of 917 Old 12-28-2019, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
TX-RZ830 with Harmony App

Hello. I recently upgraded from the TX-NR656 to the TX-RZ830. I output from various devices (all HDMI inputs in use) to a Sony Bravia 4K HDR TV on the Main output and a Benq 4K projector on the Sub output. I use the Harmony app with a spare smartphone and Ipad air to control the units.

1) The Harmony app offered the two output options (main or sub) with the older TX-NR656. With my new TX-RZ830 there are no output selections in the Harmony app to select the output. This is a problem with the default MAIN+SUB output setting on the TX-RZ830 because I get signal dropouts to the projector (TV is fine). I tried swapping the TV and projector connection, but the projector as MAIN still had dropouts set to MAIN+SUB. I have to have the receiver's output set to SUB only to get a stable feed to the projector. The only way to get the output to SUB only (as far as I know) is to navigate through the receiver's options menu which is a number of steps to program on the Harmony to set it on SUB to use the projector and then back to MAIN+SUB when terminating. Is there an easier solution?

2) The Harmony app for my new TX-RZ830 offers no input option for the front AUX HDMI port which I do use for a PS4. Strange they offer input options for the receiver's rear inputs, but omit the front one. Is there a workaround for this?

3) For FM radio, the older TX-NR656 would play no sound (silence) if tuned to a non-broadcast frequency. The new TX-RZ830 plays the annoying static. Is there a setting to turn the static to silence on the TX-RZ830?
post #807 of 917 Old 01-02-2020, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hey guys I have a question in reguards to the possibility of saving certain audio settings. I noticed that I enjoy a little more thump from the subwoofers of my home theater when watching movies or TV shows but when I play music (everything goes through my Nvidia shield) I find the bass is too overwhelming. To change this I have to go all the way into the speaker levels and re-adjust.

My question is, is there a way to shorten this and have quick access to different preferences of audio setting that I could just click on a button and have it switch over with out changing sources or fumbling through the speaker settings. (once again everything goes through the Nvidia shield)

Any advice is appreciated.
post #808 of 917 Old 01-04-2020, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 2
How to achive better stereo quality with amps connected to Onkyo RZ 830

Hi All

Hope fellow enthusiasts could help me in my quest for better stereo sound based on my current set up

I currently have an Onkyo RZ 830 AVR, a pair of Klipsch 6000f RP with an accompanying Klipsch centre channel and Jamo surrounds and two Klipsch 10 inched subs. I also have a Marantz 7007 UD CD and Blue Ray player. The Klipsch has a high sensitivity of 98 db at least on specs. Some say 92db in reality. And the Klipsch has 125 watt RMS continous power.

I am now wondering how to get better stereo sound for my music. I have researched this. Some say dedicated stereo amps or power amps can help elevate stereo listening as compared to an AVR with the former being better than the latter. In line with this, there are two options where there is a possibility to improve my stereo performance.

1) An integrated amp with a HT bypass
2) A power amp

For 1) my consideration is a Rotel RA1572 120 watts per channel
For 2) am looking at Cambridge 851 Power Amp 200 watts

The thing is my Onkyo RZ 830 is 120 watt per channel. So will either of these improve my stereo music substantially. And if so, which option should I go for?

There is also a debate out there that says AVRs especially the later models can give good stereo matching stereo amps due to their more improved DAC and better processing. Onkyo RZ 830 has a Precision AKM (AK 4458) DAC which is 32 bit/384 kHz

So am not sure what would be best for me in my pursuit having better stereo sound in terms of clarity, fullness, depth, wider soundstage and overall musicality.

Planning to hear music 2 channel via the stated options and movies via the AVR ( Surround and Centre) and Left and Right driven either by integrated stereo or power amp.

Should I remain with my current AVR as it is as there may not be much difference with both options. OR

Go with the Rotel as there would be a significant difference; or the Cambridge power amp as this would produce better stereo quality. Either of course connected to my current Onkyo receiver as it has preouts

Really appreciate your advise

Thank you.
post #809 of 917 Old 01-05-2020, 01:14 AM

To answer your 1st question, I ran into the same problem as well. The easiest solution I found was to use the HDMI button on the front covered panel to switch from Main to Sub as required. I think it is the 3rd little round button from the top left. I basically leave the cover open now...

It would be nice if they had a button on the remote for it. The one thing I really hate is how they skimped on the remote. Looks like a cheap remote from a Pyle receiver. Wish it had some sort of backlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy C View Post
Hello. I recently upgraded from the TX-NR656 to the TX-RZ830. I output from various devices (all HDMI inputs in use) to a Sony Bravia 4K HDR TV on the Main output and a Benq 4K projector on the Sub output. I use the Harmony app with a spare smartphone and Ipad air to control the units.

1) The Harmony app offered the two output options (main or sub) with the older TX-NR656. With my new TX-RZ830 there are no output selections in the Harmony app to select the output. This is a problem with the default MAIN+SUB output setting on the TX-RZ830 because I get signal dropouts to the projector (TV is fine). I tried swapping the TV and projector connection, but the projector as MAIN still had dropouts set to MAIN+SUB. I have to have the receiver's output set to SUB only to get a stable feed to the projector. The only way to get the output to SUB only (as far as I know) is to navigate through the receiver's options menu which is a number of steps to program on the Harmony to set it on SUB to use the projector and then back to MAIN+SUB when terminating. Is there an easier solution?

2) The Harmony app for my new TX-RZ830 offers no input option for the front AUX HDMI port which I do use for a PS4. Strange they offer input options for the receiver's rear inputs, but omit the front one. Is there a workaround for this?

3) For FM radio, the older TX-NR656 would play no sound (silence) if tuned to a non-broadcast frequency. The new TX-RZ830 plays the annoying static. Is there a setting to turn the static to silence on the TX-RZ830?
post #810 of 917 Old 01-05-2020, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy C View Post

1) The Harmony app offered the two output options (main or sub) with the older TX-NR656. With my new TX-RZ830 there are no output selections in the Harmony app to select the output.
Is there an easier solution?

Hi Buddy C, questions 1 and 2 simply add TX-NR656 back on Harmony as IR commands most likey are the same. For question 3 maybe mute button.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
av receiver , dsd , hdmi , Onkyo , onkyo sound issues pc windows , onkyo tx-rz630 , silent , tx-rz730 , zone 2

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page