Onkyo AVRs TX-RZ630, TX-RZ730, TX-RZ830 Introduced - Page 30 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 244Likes

post #871 of 917 Old 02-28-2020, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan123 View Post
I would bet the player is converting only the DTS core track to PCM when you set it to PCM and play from MKV.

Nope. It's definitely sending 5.1 multi-channel PCM down the wire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 917 Old 03-02-2020, 06:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipilcher View Post
Nope. It's definitely sending 5.1 multi-channel PCM down the wire.
Core DTS is still 5.1, it's just DVD quality rather than BD quality.
MALICIOUS ONE likes this.

LG 65C6P FW: 05.30.85 | Onkyo TX-RZ730 5.1.4 | Oppo UDP-203 | Sony UBP-X700 | Xbox One X | Chromecast Ultra | Apple TV 4K
LG 55EG9100 | LG 60PK550 | Samsung LN-S4095D | Samsung UBD‑K8500 | Philips BDP7501 | Panasonic DMP-BDT110
post #873 of 917 Old 03-10-2020, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan123 View Post
Core DTS is still 5.1, it's just DVD quality rather than BD quality.
Hello! Who can help? Need an EEPROM dump from Onkyo RZ730 European version. The fact is that I have an American version of the receiver, and it does not have a pure direct mode . And in European there is . The service wizard said that you can re- flash, but you need this file.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #874 of 917 Old 03-14-2020, 06:10 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 71
I got the 730 scheduled to be here Monday. Replacing my Denon 5.1.2 setup that I currently have. Setting up to run wires so that by the end of Monday I'll have a 7.1.2 system going. Still figuring out what to do for rear height speakers still.
post #875 of 917 Old 03-22-2020, 06:37 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCableMan View Post
I got the 730 scheduled to be here Monday. Replacing my Denon 5.1.2 setup that I currently have. Setting up to run wires so that by the end of Monday I'll have a 7.1.2 system going. Still figuring out what to do for rear height speakers still.
Did you get it setup yet?

Samsung
Onkyo & AudioSource
Emotiva, SVS & Polk Audio
post #876 of 917 Old 03-22-2020, 08:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshillin View Post
Did you get it setup yet?
I did get this delivered last monday and swapped out my Denon. I have not gone in and done any calibration mind you so from a sound point I cannot comment t on it. Currently I would say it has a sound similar to my Denon with maybe a tad extra bass..again no calibration and I am running my speakers full band right now.

Honesty I am not impressed with my Onkyo right now. I feel it's really bland on the user Interface but that may be me just getting use to it from the Denon so I cannot fully review it right now and give an honest opinion.

I will say I have had multiple hdmi drop outs right now when navigating into the menu or around it. Not to thrilled about that but there is a firmware upgrade I still need to complete and hopefully that will be addressed.
post #877 of 917 Old 03-22-2020, 09:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Can I use the audyessy mic from my TX NR838 on my new Onkyo RZ920? Is it the same mic it will come from? Does it make difference on what u use?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
post #878 of 917 Old 03-23-2020, 05:12 AM

Quote:
I did get this delivered last monday and swapped out my Denon. I have not gone in and done any calibration mind you so from a sound point I cannot comment t on it. Currently I would say it has a sound similar to my Denon with maybe a tad extra bass..again no calibration and I am running my speakers full band right now.

Honesty I am not impressed with my Onkyo right now. I feel it's really bland on the user Interface but that may be me just getting use to it from the Denon so I cannot fully review it right now and give an honest opinion.

I will say I have had multiple hdmi drop outs right now when navigating into the menu or around it. Not to thrilled about that but there is a firmware upgrade I still need to complete and hopefully that will be addressed.
It sounds like you definitely need to update the firmware and run through calibration and tweak it to your liking.

Samsung
Onkyo & AudioSource
post #879 of 917 Old 03-23-2020, 06:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
It sounds like you definitely need to update the firmware and run through calibration and tweak it to your liking.
I will definitely be doing the firmware and calibration this week. I will let you know my thoughts once I get everything set up proper. I should be getting my last 2 to channels installed for a .4 atmos.
post #880 of 917 Old 03-23-2020, 07:11 AM

Quote:
I will definitely be doing the firmware and calibration this week. I will let you know my thoughts once I get everything set up proper. I should be getting my last 2 to channels installed for a .4 atmos.
That's exactly why I went with the Onkyo receiver. I'm running 7.2.4 now with it. I added an Audiosource amp to power my last 2 channels.
MALICIOUS ONE and asabrag like this.

Samsung
Onkyo & AudioSource
post #881 of 917 Old 03-23-2020, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
That's exactly why I went with the Onkyo receiver. I'm running 7.2.4 now with it. I added an Audiosource amp to power my last 2 channels.

Quote:
Guys, can you check/confirm: when adjusting tone (Bass) from 0 to other values, do your Onkyos stop music for about a second?
post #882 of 917 Old 03-27-2020, 07:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asabrag View Post
Guys, can you check/confirm: when adjusting tone (Bass) from 0 to other values, do your Onkyos stop music for about a second?
I checked this out for you and mine is doing the same thing.
asabrag likes this.
post #883 of 917 Old 03-27-2020, 07:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I checked this out for you and mine is doing the same thing.
Thanks Man!
Very annoying
post #884 of 917 Old 03-31-2020, 05:50 AM
Advanced Member

Haven't put much time on this unit yet.aybe about 3 hours total with half being after I calibrated it. Been playing COD MW in dolby atmos the whole time.

I still am not fond of the menu design. I feel there is a lot lacking for adjustments but I haven't spent much time doing adjustments. I ran AccuEQ. To my surprise it did a decent job. What I was impressed with was how is level set my top speakers. I did not have to adjust them as I did with Audussey.

Currently running 7.0.2 system right now. Working on eliminating a hum on my sub that I had previously with my Denon. Running full band right now. I ordered a set of Klipsch Rp-500sa that I am going to walk mount behind me to get 4 tops going. Deliverybos delayed still April 20th but I'm okay with that since I got them for a good deal.
MALICIOUS ONE and asabrag like this.
post #885 of 917 Old 03-31-2020, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I still am not fond of the menu design. I feel there is a lot lacking for adjustments but I haven't spent much time doing adjustments.
I miss that from the Denon too. Leveling each input at their own source for the Whole speakers instead of the front stage alone is what I miss the most.
Quote:

Currently running 7.0.2 system right now. Working on eliminating a hum on my sub that I had previously with my Denon. Running full band right now. I ordered a set of Klipsch Rp-500sa that I am going to walk mount behind me to get 4 tops going. Deliverybos delayed still April 20th but I'm okay with that since I got them for a good deal.
Do u use 500SA as front tops too? In wall too? I tried the 140SA but they were too small, I was planning replacing them with the 500SA without luck, so I replace them by 250S instead no overkill at all!! Im very happy with them as Tops. Trying to get another pair to replace the Polk FXIA4 in the top rear, but it seems non existence either. Might get a couple of RS52SII instead
post #886 of 917 Old 03-31-2020, 10:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I miss that from the Denon too. Leveling each input at their own source for the Whole speakers instead of the front stage alone is what I miss the most.

Do u use 500SA as front tops too? In wall too? I tried the 140SA but they were too small, I was planning replacing them with the 500SA without luck, so I replace them by 250S instead no overkill at all!! Im very happy with them as Tops. Trying to get another pair to replace the Polk FXIA4 in the top rear, but it seems non existence either. Might get a couple of RS52SII instead
I am currently running 2 Micca in ceilings set at top middles. Talking with my wife we plan on moving in about a year so I don't want to add 2 more 8inch holes in the ceiling. The 500sa pair will be a solution that I can hopefully live with for the time being. I figured once we move I will have experience with both in ceilings and elevations and can decide what my next room will have.

So you are using 250s as Atoms Tops? I've always wondered what that would be like as it goes against the Dolby guidlines....but Klipsch are not bipole or dipole but their own WDT.

My current setup

Fronts, RF-82 II
Surrounds, RS-52 II
Surround Backs, RB-52 II
Center, RC-62 II
Atmos Tops, Micca M-8C and 500SA on their way.
asabrag likes this.

Last edited by TheCableMan; 03-31-2020 at 10:28 AM.
post #887 of 917 Old 03-31-2020, 10:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I am currently running 2 Micca in ceilings set at top middles. Talking with my wife we plan on moving in about a year so I don't want to add 2 more 8inch holes in the ceiling. The 500sa pair will be a solution that I can hopefully live with for the time being. I figured once we move I will have experience with both in ceilings and elevations and can decide what my next room will have.

So you are using 250s as Atoms Tops? I've always wondered what that would be like as it goes against the Dolby guidlines....but Klipsch are not bipole or dipole but their own WDT.
Exacly, I didnt know they were WDT at the time I choose them
I went ahead against Dolby and all the guys from these forums! So happy I did
post #888 of 917 Old 03-31-2020, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Exacly, I didnt know they were WDT at the time I choose them
I went ahead against Dolby and all the guys from these forums! So happy I did
Would you be able to post a pic of your speakers mounted as I though about doing this as well? If your not that's fine. They are heavy speakers and would be an little worried about falling down.

I am think about swapping my RS-52s out for RB-52 for a full monopole set up. My room is not big and doesn't need the RS52s.
post #889 of 917 Old 03-31-2020, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Would you be able to post a pic of your speakers mounted as I though about doing this as well? If your not that's fine. They are heavy speakers and would be an little worried about falling down.

I am think about swapping my RS-52s out for RB-52 for a full monopole set up. My room is not big and doesn't need the RS52s.
I can do better! Show you the diameter of the holes I had to do to support them
post #890 of 917 Old 03-31-2020, 11:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
My current setup

Fronts, RF-82 II
Surrounds, RS-52 II
Surround Backs, RB-52 II
Center, RC-62 II
Atmos Tops, Micca M-8C and 500SA on their way.
I had missed your set up!

Quote:

I just bought a pair of RS52S for Back Atmos (to replace FXIA4. (I was searching for another 250S but no luck).
I am happy with the RP260F as surrounds, so who am I to keep you with floorstanders for backs!
post #891 of 917 Old 04-06-2020, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 4
How do play Dolby Pro Logic audio?

I feel like this is a stupid question, but I can't find anything in my TX-RZ730's manual about support for stereo audio tracks with "embedded" Dolby Pro Logic surround information. When playing such a track, the AVR (understandably) gives no indication that it is anything other than a normal stereo track, and setting the AVR to direct mode, causes only the left front and right front speakers to be used.

Clearly, the AVR cannot automatically recognize the Pro Logic surround information. Can it use it at all, or am I stuck with either stereo or the "synthetic" surround sound produced by the various listening modes?
post #892 of 917 Old 04-13-2020, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
DSD over HDMI barely audible (very silent) on Onkyo TX-RZ830

Hi all!

It'my first post here so first, hello to you all! :-)

I got a problem that I can not find any solution to solve it. I connected my PC via HDMI (GeForce RTX) to my Onkyo TX-RZ830. I'm using JRiver 26 to send 2.0 and MultiChannel (up to 7.1) audio. An the result is that FLAC is working. Both FLAC 2.0 and FLAC 5.1. The format sent via HDMI is PCM up to 192 kHz so everything is fine here.

The problem I have is with DSD playback. I'm using Audio Output in in JRiver (the same as working FLAC) "AV Receiver - NVIDIA High Definition Audio [WASAPI]". In JRiver in "Playback Options" I got set up in "Bitstreaming Options" -> "DSD up to DSD128". When I playback DSF 2.0 or DSF 5.1 files I see they are being sent over HDMI to Onkyo properly because the status is:
- Input: DoP DSD64 (1x) 1bit 2ch from source format DSF
- Changes: No changes are being made
- Output: DoP DSD64 (1x) 1bit (padded) 2ch using WASAPI (bitstreaming)

So what's the problem then? The problem is that the audio coming out of my Onkyo is almost not audible. I have to turn up to volume to like 80-90% to hear the music playing extreeeeeemly silent in the speakers. Of course FLAC files on the same HDMI setup are playing correctly.

What I might have been missing?
post #893 of 917 Old 04-13-2020, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topjes View Post
Hi all!

It'my first post here so first, hello to you all! :-)

I got a problem that I can not find any solution to solve it. I connected my PC via HDMI (GeForce RTX) to my Onkyo TX-RZ830. I'm using JRiver 26 to send 2.0 and MultiChannel (up to 7.1) audio. An the result is that FLAC is working. Both FLAC 2.0 and FLAC 5.1. The format sent via HDMI is PCM up to 192 kHz so everything is fine here.

The problem I have is with DSD playback. I'm using Audio Output in in JRiver (the same as working FLAC) "AV Receiver - NVIDIA High Definition Audio [WASAPI]". In JRiver in "Playback Options" I got set up in "Bitstreaming Options" -> "DSD up to DSD128". When I playback DSF 2.0 or DSF 5.1 files I see they are being sent over HDMI to Onkyo properly because the status is:

- Input: DoP DSD64 (1x) 1bit 2ch from source format DSF

- Changes: No changes are being made

- Output: DoP DSD64 (1x) 1bit (padded) 2ch using WASAPI (bitstreaming)

So what's the problem then? The problem is that the audio coming out of my Onkyo is almost not audible. I have to turn up to volume to like 80-90% to hear the music playing extreeeeeemly silent in the speakers. Of course FLAC files on the same HDMI setup are playing correctly.

What I might have been missing?
I really have no idea about sending the DSD over computer, but, have you tried pkaying the same file over USB directly in the Onkyo? Does it work fine?
post #894 of 917 Old 04-13-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:
I really have no idea about sending the DSD over computer, but, have you tried pkaying the same file over USB directly in the Onkyo? Does it work fine?
Hi, Onkyo TX-RZ830 does not have USB of this type. There is only normal USB to connect external harddrive. Still, I can hear the sound of DSD files. It's just absolutely almost silent at maximum volume level.
post #895 of 917 Old 04-13-2020, 12:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Hi, Onkyo TX-RZ830 does not have USB of this type. There is only normal USB to connect external harddrive. Still, I can hear the sound of DSD files. It's just absolutely almost silent at maximum volume level.
Yes, thats why I recommend: copy the DSD/DSF file to a pendrive or external hardrive and play it from there to see if it plays fine from the USB.
post #896 of 917 Old 04-13-2020, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Yes, thats why I recommend: copy the DSD/DSF file to a pendrive or external hardrive and play it from there to see if it plays fine from the USB.
Yes, it does. From USB and also from DLNA. And the volume is absolutely normal then. And as I hear veeeeery low volume music while DSD over HDMI I guess it decodes properly this DSD64 DoP also over HDMI. So it is kind of working. But why it is not "amplifing" it? I tried to detach the HDMI cable from MAIN OUT to TV. The same.
asabrag likes this.
post #897 of 917 Old 04-13-2020, 02:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yes, it does. From USB and also from DLNA. And the volume is absolutely normal then. And as I hear veeeeery low volume music while DSD over HDMI I guess it decodes properly this DSD64 DoP also over HDMI. So it is kind of working. But why it is not "amplifing" it? I tried to detach the HDMI cable from MAIN OUT to TV. The same.
Really: why bother if it works from USB ..sorry!
I dont use a computer anymore to enjoy music/videos/movies since long ago to avoid complications!
post #898 of 917 Old 04-13-2020, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Really: why bother if it works from USB ..sorry!
I dont use a computer anymore to enjoy music/videos/movies since long ago to avoid complications!
Three reasons:
1. I'm not using USB as a separate drive (pendrive/HDD). I could connect via asynchronous USB to my PC but this Onkyo does not have asynchronous USB. I am HOME NETWORK oriented person. Every device in my home is working via home network.
2. Still, pendrive/HDD USB works only for FLAC 2.0 or DSD 2.0. I got quite a lot of FLAC 5.1 and DSD 5.1. I can play FLAC 5.1 on my nVidia SHIELD via Kodi so playing FLAC 5.1 is working over network. But the only thing I can not get working is DSD 5.1 because the only way for me is to use DSD 5.1 over HDMI from my PC.
3. Last but not least. It should be working so I'm intending to make it working :-)
asabrag likes this.
post #899 of 917 Old 04-13-2020, 05:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 145
I know this is the RZ830,but I figured I can ask this question here cause most of you are experts.

Why does my Onkyo RZ920 sometimes goes on a Fritz and and seems to lose the signal. Like if it's trying to switch resolution. It begins to flicker black screen than 4k.

post #900 of 917 Old 04-14-2020, 06:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post
I know this is the RZ830,but I figured I can ask this question here cause most of you are experts.

Why does my Onkyo RZ920 sometimes goes on a Fritz and and seems to lose the signal. Like if it's trying to switch resolution. It begins to flicker black screen than 4k.

My RZ730 does the same thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
av receiver , dsd , hdmi , Onkyo , onkyo sound issues pc windows , onkyo tx-rz630 , silent , tx-rz730 , zone 2

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page