Marantz SR7012 PS4 & Tivo HDMI problems, Thinking of going for Yamaha - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By pbz06
  • 1 Post By pbz06
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 07-05-2018, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Razor Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Marantz SR7012 PS4 & Tivo HDMI problems, Thinking of going for Yamaha

I am having random flashing/blinking when I use certain sources with my Marantz SR7012, my display is a Sony 75 XE9405 (US version is Sony XBR-X940E ). I am using Premium Certified Cables (have also tried amazon basic hdmi cables), 3m (10') to the display and 2m (6.75'). I am also on my second receiver which is doing the same thing.



My sources are:



HTPC (Nvidia GTX 1050Ti) - No Issues
PS4 - Blinking @ 1080p HDR

Tivo V6 - Blinking @ 2160p\1080p



When I use my PS4 for HDR gaming at 1080p I get random blinking ie a black screen for a split second, it is fine for non HDR gaming. The same happens if I set my Tivo box to output at 2160p.



If I connect either the Tivo or PS4 directly to my display I do not see any of these issues and the only time I see this problem is when I introduce the Marantz Receiver into the equation. I am using bypass in the receiver so no scaling is occurring and I have enabled the 4K option for HDMI on the receiver.



I can use my HTPC to play 4k HDR movies with no issues at all so all I can presume is that this issue is a Handshake issue or a compatibility issues between my Sony display, Marantz and (PS4/Tivo). I also have a friend with the exact same display and receiver setup who is experiencing the same issues.



I have contacted Marantz and followed all the advice they have given and nothing has solved the issue. I have also googled about and see that Denon and Marantz have issues with the PS4 and Xbox.



Is anyone out there running a PS4 in HDR or a PS4 Pro with a current gen Marantz or Denon and if so are you getting issues or have you come across this and solved it?



If the Marantz is a no go which is looking more and more likely I am thinking of going for a Yamaha RXA 2070 instead, however I just wanted to make sure this would solve my problems.



Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Razor Time; 07-06-2018 at 01:31 PM.
Razor Time is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 Old 07-05-2018, 01:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pbz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,642
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1074 Post(s)
Liked: 899
I have sr7011, ps4 pro, and sony z9d. I've seen the blinking issues talked about in the sony TV thread with various AVRs and sources. Nobody really knows what is causing it though.

Luckily for me, I've been problem free. The only thing I can suggest trying is to make sure all your hdmi settings on the marantz are enabled, especially the communication one.

Sony XBR-77A9G / Panasonic DP-UB9000 / Marantz SR7011 / Def Tech 9060 Series
pbz06 is offline  
post #3 of 22 Old 07-05-2018, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Razor Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06 View Post
I have sr7011, ps4 pro, and sony z9d. I've seen the blinking issues talked about in the sony TV thread with various AVRs and sources. Nobody really knows what is causing it though.

Luckily for me, I've been problem free. The only thing I can suggest trying is to make sure all your hdmi settings on the marantz are enabled, especially the communication one.



Thank you for the info on Sony having issues with various AVRs. Do you know if Yamaha are effected by any chance or am I likely to experience the same thing?



Do you by any chance know where the communication option is, I have just had a look and cant seem to find it?
Razor Time is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 22 Old 07-05-2018, 02:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pbz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,642
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1074 Post(s)
Liked: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Time View Post
Thank you for the info on Sony having issues with various AVRs. Do you know if Yamaha are effected by any chance or am I likely to experience the same thing?



Do you by any chance know where the communication option is, I have just had a look and cant seem to find it?
The HDMI setting, it's called "HDMI Control" in the video settings.

Sorry, I don't know if any of the people affected by this have Yamaha receivers. In that thread (the Sony Z9D thread), we all assumed it was a Sony thing because it seemed to have started after the most recent firmware for the TV. Some said with Apple TV, others complained with PS4 Pro, and we all have various different AVRs. It could be related or not with your issue with the Marantz, so just keep that in mind while troubleshooting. I don't want to steer you the wrong way.
Razor Time likes this.

Sony XBR-77A9G / Panasonic DP-UB9000 / Marantz SR7011 / Def Tech 9060 Series
pbz06 is offline  
post #5 of 22 Old 07-05-2018, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Razor Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06 View Post
The HDMI setting, it's called "HDMI Control" in the video settings.

Sorry, I don't know if any of the people affected by this have Yamaha receivers. In that thread (the Sony Z9D thread), we all assumed it was a Sony thing because it seemed to have started after the most recent firmware for the TV. Some said with Apple TV, others complained with PS4 Pro, and we all have various different AVRs. It could be related or not with your issue with the Marantz, so just keep that in mind while troubleshooting. I don't want to steer you the wrong way.



Thanks again. I have just checked and HDMI control is ON.



So it was a recent update which has caused this issue, its probably why Marantz seems a bit lost as to what it can be. I have only had my receiver for about a month so its all very new. I am at a loss on what to do, the retailer has said I can return the Marantz but the window of return is small ie asap. I love the sound and features of the receiver inc Audessey so going for the Yamaha really would be a second choice. If I knew things would return to normal I would hold on and wait it out.

Sony 75” 75XE9405/ Marantz SR7012/ Monitor Audio Apex A10/ A40/ SVS SB2000/ HTPC/ Nevo S70
Razor Time is offline  
post #6 of 22 Old 07-05-2018, 02:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pbz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,642
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1074 Post(s)
Liked: 899
Another thing to try, when turning on everything, do it in this order:

TV -> AVR -> PS4 Pro

Also, forgot to mention that you should also double check that your "HDMI Control" settings are turned on for both the TV and PS4 (also referred to as either HDMI-CEC, or EDID etc.).

Sony XBR-77A9G / Panasonic DP-UB9000 / Marantz SR7011 / Def Tech 9060 Series
pbz06 is offline  
post #7 of 22 Old 07-05-2018, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Razor Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06 View Post
Another thing to try, when turning on everything, do it in this order:

TV -> AVR -> PS4 Pro

Also, forgot to mention that you should also double check that your "HDMI Control" settings are turned on for both the TV and PS4 (also referred to as either HDMI-CEC, or EDID etc.).



I will try the switching order, I use a macro on my remote at the moment so not sure what order it fires everything up as. It could well be AVR before the TV.



I have HDMI control ON, on my sony for ARC, PS4 I have toggled HDCP and another HDMI feature on/off with no luck.,

Sony 75” 75XE9405/ Marantz SR7012/ Monitor Audio Apex A10/ A40/ SVS SB2000/ HTPC/ Nevo S70
Razor Time is offline  
post #8 of 22 Old 07-05-2018, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Razor Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Unfortunately the switching order made no difference.

Sony 75” 75XE9405/ Marantz SR7012/ Monitor Audio Apex A10/ A40/ SVS SB2000/ HTPC/ Nevo S70
Razor Time is offline  
post #9 of 22 Old 07-05-2018, 08:50 PM
Member
 
geronimoxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Marantz SR7012 PS4 & Tivo HDMI problems, Thinking of going for Yamaha

I use a tx-rz820. Ps4 Pro is connected straight to lg oled. With an optical cable back to avr from TV. I gave up basically using hdmi. Had same problem using nr1604 avr Marantz with Panasonic plasma. Sometimes it worked fine but it would just stop working. It's the handshake that fails. You could take out all hdmi cables and power plugs. Put everything back in and check which power up sequence works best if you really want to use hdmi control.


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Last edited by geronimoxx; 07-05-2018 at 10:39 PM.
geronimoxx is offline  
post #10 of 22 Old 07-06-2018, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Razor Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimoxx View Post
I use a tx-rz820. Ps4 Pro is connected straight to lg oled. With an optical cable back to avr from TV. I gave up basically using hdmi. Had same problem using nr1604 avr Marantz with Panasonic plasma. Sometimes it worked fine but it would just stop working. It's the handshake that fails. You could take out all hdmi cables and power plugs. Put everything back in and check which power up sequence works best if you really want to use hdmi control.


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk



Thank you for the info that another Marantz and an Onkyo have had this same issue. Curiosity got the better of me today and I have ordered a Yamaha RXA2070 to see if it also effected, fingers crossed its not so I can put this behind me and enjoy some gaming.

Sony 75” 75XE9405/ Marantz SR7012/ Monitor Audio Apex A10/ A40/ SVS SB2000/ HTPC/ Nevo S70
Razor Time is offline  
post #11 of 22 Old 07-06-2018, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Razor Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Well I have just had 2.5 hours on the PS4 with no blinking, I disabled ARC on the receiver. A bit early to say but usually the problem would happen within the first 10-15 minutes.


@pbz06 can I ask if you have ARC enabled or disabled on your receiver?

Sony 75” 75XE9405/ Marantz SR7012/ Monitor Audio Apex A10/ A40/ SVS SB2000/ HTPC/ Nevo S70
Razor Time is offline  
post #12 of 22 Old 07-06-2018, 04:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pbz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,642
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1074 Post(s)
Liked: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Time View Post
Well I have just had 2.5 hours on the PS4 with no blinking, I disabled ARC on the receiver. A bit early to say but usually the problem would happen within the first 10-15 minutes.


@pbz06 can I ask if you have ARC enabled or disabled on your receiver?
Well that's good to hear. Hopefully it is fixed.

Yes I do have ARC enabled and use it for my apps from TV.
Razor Time likes this.

Sony XBR-77A9G / Panasonic DP-UB9000 / Marantz SR7011 / Def Tech 9060 Series
pbz06 is offline  
post #13 of 22 Old 07-06-2018, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Razor Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06 View Post
Well that's good to hear. Hopefully it is fixed.

Yes I do have ARC enabled and use it for my apps from TV.

Haha, I was hoping you were going to say you had it disabled and that was the missing link as to you not having issues. Oh well I still have the Yamaha turning up tomorrow so I will see how that gets on with my setup.

Sony 75” 75XE9405/ Marantz SR7012/ Monitor Audio Apex A10/ A40/ SVS SB2000/ HTPC/ Nevo S70
Razor Time is offline  
post #14 of 22 Old 07-06-2018, 05:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pbz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,642
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1074 Post(s)
Liked: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Time View Post
Haha, I was hoping you were going to say you had it disabled and that was the missing link as to you not having issues. Oh well I still have the Yamaha turning up tomorrow so I will see how that gets on with my setup.
You can try re enabling arc for troubleshooting purposes. If it comes back, then turn it back off.

Sony XBR-77A9G / Panasonic DP-UB9000 / Marantz SR7011 / Def Tech 9060 Series
pbz06 is offline  
post #15 of 22 Old 07-06-2018, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Razor Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06 View Post
You can try re enabling arc for troubleshooting purposes. If it comes back, then turn it back off.

Yeah I will try that. Makes sense, thanks.



If it does solve the issue I will be very happy, although I will still try out the Yamaha and see how it compares in terms of sound quality. So many conflicting reviews on which is better, however at the moment I just want a blink free setup.

Sony 75” 75XE9405/ Marantz SR7012/ Monitor Audio Apex A10/ A40/ SVS SB2000/ HTPC/ Nevo S70
Razor Time is offline  
post #16 of 22 Old 07-07-2018, 04:59 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Razor Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06 View Post
You can try re enabling arc for troubleshooting purposes. If it comes back, then turn it back off.



Just tried this again. 40 mins with ARC off and no blinking. Turned on ARC and the blinking came back within a few minutes. Its definitely looking like ARC is the issue.

Sony 75” 75XE9405/ Marantz SR7012/ Monitor Audio Apex A10/ A40/ SVS SB2000/ HTPC/ Nevo S70
Razor Time is offline  
post #17 of 22 Old 07-09-2018, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Razor Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Just updating this thread in case anyone else is experiencing the same thing. I have tried the Yamaha RXA 2070 and it too has the same blinking problem. It also doesn't sound as good as the Marantz 7012 so is going back.

Sony 75” 75XE9405/ Marantz SR7012/ Monitor Audio Apex A10/ A40/ SVS SB2000/ HTPC/ Nevo S70
Razor Time is offline  
post #18 of 22 Old 07-09-2018, 09:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pbz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,642
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1074 Post(s)
Liked: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Time View Post
Just updating this thread in case anyone else is experiencing the same thing. I have tried the Yamaha RXA 2070 and it too has the same blinking problem. It also doesn't sound as good as the Marantz 7012 so is going back.
So I guess the Sony TV might be the culprit???

Sony XBR-77A9G / Panasonic DP-UB9000 / Marantz SR7011 / Def Tech 9060 Series
pbz06 is offline  
post #19 of 22 Old 07-09-2018, 09:57 PM
Member
 
geronimoxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Did you try new cables?



Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
geronimoxx is offline  
post #20 of 22 Old 07-10-2018, 04:06 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Razor Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06 View Post
So I guess the Sony TV might be the culprit???
It's looking that way at this present time. I have reached out to another owner of my display and he also has the same problem but it doesn't with his projector.



Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimoxx View Post
Did you try new cables?



Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Yes. I have tried many cables and am now running premium certified cables. The marantz receiver has a built in cable tester which marantz support got me to run and it passed.

Sony 75” 75XE9405/ Marantz SR7012/ Monitor Audio Apex A10/ A40/ SVS SB2000/ HTPC/ Nevo S70
Razor Time is offline  
post #21 of 22 Old 03-25-2019, 11:27 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Time View Post
I am having random flashing/blinking when I use certain sources with my Marantz SR7012, my display is a Sony 75 XE9405 (US version is Sony XBR-X940E ). I am using Premium Certified Cables (have also tried amazon basic hdmi cables), 3m (10') to the display and 2m (6.75'). I am also on my second receiver which is doing the same thing.



My sources are:



HTPC (Nvidia GTX 1050Ti) - No Issues
PS4 - Blinking @ 1080p HDR

Tivo V6 - Blinking @ 2160p\1080p



When I use my PS4 for HDR gaming at 1080p I get random blinking ie a black screen for a split second, it is fine for non HDR gaming. The same happens if I set my Tivo box to output at 2160p.



If I connect either the Tivo or PS4 directly to my display I do not see any of these issues and the only time I see this problem is when I introduce the Marantz Receiver into the equation. I am using bypass in the receiver so no scaling is occurring and I have enabled the 4K option for HDMI on the receiver.



I can use my HTPC to play 4k HDR movies with no issues at all so all I can presume is that this issue is a Handshake issue or a compatibility issues between my Sony display, Marantz and (PS4/Tivo). I also have a friend with the exact same display and receiver setup who is experiencing the same issues.



I have contacted Marantz and followed all the advice they have given and nothing has solved the issue. I have also googled about and see that Denon and Marantz have issues with the PS4 and Xbox.



Is anyone out there running a PS4 in HDR or a PS4 Pro with a current gen Marantz or Denon and if so are you getting issues or have you come across this and solved it?



If the Marantz is a no go which is looking more and more likely I am thinking of going for a Yamaha RXA 2070 instead, however I just wanted to make sure this would solve my problems.



Any help would be much appreciated.
After I read your post on AVR it reminded me of an article I read about how HDMI (ACTUALLY HDCP) FOR "HEAVY DUTY CONSUMER POLICE" lol Anyway, here is the jist of the situation:


the HDCP was invented to keep people from copying copywrited material. I get that.


All newer audio video devices are required to be HDCP compliant as of a certain date.(They do not all have any way to update their firmware!)



How it works- Each device has a hidden code that it sends to the next unit that is turned on to the HDMI "bus". Each unit talks to the next one and they have a look up table in their firmware) to see if the next unit qualifies as something that is legal to communicate with.


If they like each other, then they come up with a 3rd secret handshake number that they share as long as they are still hooked together and talking. every few seconds the secret number is re-verified, and if there is no agreement on what that number is, then one or both will stop communication. (black screen)



Now here is the hard part- the oldest unit in the system will not have a current look up table that shows that new unit you just introduced into the system- especially if it does not have an internet connection available to update it's "firmware".


So it will not be able to look up your new SR8008 or whatever, and the firmware in the SR8008 will not have a match for that old DVD player that was built without an internet cable socket.


So they will not be able to reliably (or not at all) communicate.


Now your TV might be "on the list" because it is internet savy and is fairly recent, and it may not even be all that particular about which DVD player it is talking to, but when you introduce a 3rd device into the "handshake" it too will have to play ball with the other two, and most likely it will have to accept both of the other individuals on their own merits and decide if it wants to hookup or not.Or mabey it will talk to one and not the other!





It would be almost like doing a LAN connection between computers. If you don't have the passwords you can't get on the network!


Or am I over simplifying things???





All of this because of the HDCP rules for engagement. Not sure how the third CPU coming online is supposed to jump in??? Possibly it will have to check its' firmware for a match again, but no idea how this would take place. Especially if all 3 devices were turned on at the same time or out of sequence.



So what could possibly go wrong with this scenario?


Another nightmarish scenario - Your system is working fine and the oldest components are still talking to the newest ones, but there is a spread of 3 or 4 years between the oldest and the newest one. You only updated your firmware when you hooked up your latest component that needed it in order to talk to the others and everyone was happy at that time. But who knows how many years of product the new firmware update will be applicable to? 2010 to 2019? or just 2016 to 2019. If your oldest unit is outside that range you may have a problem.



Now it's next year, and you decide to upgrade that 3 year old receiver. Your new toy arrives with "new firmware updates available" maybe some bug fixes and other enhancements that sound like they are "must haves" So you download them all and suddenly your system quits working. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?


Well one possibility is that the latest firmware did not contain the liscensing code for your oldest HDMI compatible unit any longer????Or it may only contain firmware for certain brands or certain models???



Some of your codes probably still work, but some of your oldest units credentials may have been omitted from the latest download data.


So you are now checking cables and buying new ones and sending in your equipment in boxes trying to figure out what happened.



The dealer says it works fine! It does work fine at his newer setup with all the latest updates and firmware with matching codes!( and matching brands)

He isn't going to have the exact same gear you have to test your unit against. So he can't re-produce your problem with the handshake.


It does handshake, just not to YOUR UNITS.


His tech may not realize what is going on???



But you get it back and it does the same thing again!


So you change brands! Well that might work if the "new brand has the widest and oldest firmware with the legacy data in it to cover your 4 year old XYZ widget.



I don' know if it is possible to get an older revision of the firmware and download that? Probably not.Or Brand specific firmware? Now that is just asking too much!
Tillerman6 is offline  
post #22 of 22 Old 05-20-2019, 09:04 AM
e82
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Same issue here using Marantz 7012, Ps4 Pro, TCL 65R615 all with most recent updates/firmware.



I tried changing the resolution setting inside the Ps4, to 2160p YUV420- with no sucess. In our experience certain games with more intense graphics seem to cause this more often than others. Maybe when the frame rates are dynamically adjusting between 1080 and 4k/HDR the HDMI 'handshake' is being broken, but this is just a guess based on my observations.

For example: Borderlands 2 (4k remaster) only causes the black screen dropout 1-2 times over a few hours- if at all, where God of War causes it every few minutes reliably. I played all the way through god of war on the same TV before purchasing the Marantz and never saw this issue. Borderlands 2 never caused this issue with the Marantz until the 4k update was installed.



As a workaround, I connected the ps4 HDMI cable into the TV input 1, and passed only the audio back to the Marantz using ARC/HDMI3, and the black screens did not appear again after several hours while playing God of War the past 2 days. This isnt a great workaround as it requires possibly changing some settings, and switching the TV away from receiver rather than changing inputs on the Marantz to use the PS4, but at least we could play games again.
e82 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
black screen , blinking , hdmi , Marantz , ps4



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off