Windows 10 not detecting Pioneer VSX-531 on startup - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-03-2018, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Windows 10 not detecting Pioneer VSX-531 on startup

Hi,
I have a small computer, Gigabyte Brix hooked up in my recently purchased Pioneer VSX-531 which is connected to a projector, Epson Home Cinema 3500.

Everything works well, however, on HD 3500er I noticed that when I first start the computer it doesn't detect the receiver for the sound, the image is OK.

Attached are 2 pictures, the first boot only detects a Digital Audio output and there is no sound in my speakers.
Upon reboot, you can see the computer detects VSX-531 and the sound works well.

1) Do you know what is happening?
2) What can I do on the computer so it "restarts" the search for audio device rather than having to reboot the whole computer?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	success.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	2436932   Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	2436934  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-04-2018, 05:29 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 4807 Post(s)
Liked: 2844
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanjo View Post
Hi,
I have a small computer, Gigabyte Brix hooked up in my recently purchased Pioneer VSX-531 which is connected to a projector, Epson Home Cinema 3500.

Everything works well, however, on HD 3500er I noticed that when I first start the computer it doesn't detect the receiver for the sound, the image is OK.

Attached are 2 pictures, the first boot only detects a Digital Audio output and there is no sound in my speakers.
Upon reboot, you can see the computer detects VSX-531 and the sound works well.

1) Do you know what is happening?
2) What can I do on the computer so it "restarts" the search for audio device rather than having to reboot the whole computer?

Thanks!
Which model of Brix do you have? Some use embedded Intel graphics and others have Nvidia graphics cards.

0. Make sure you have up-to-date graphics drivers for your computer's graphics chipset. The HDMI audio drivers usually are part of that. Try to get it from the manufacturer of the graphics hardware rather than from your computer's manufacturer (2nd best) or Microsoft (worst). It takes a while for bug fixes to propagate from one supplier to the next.

1. All HDMI devices need to be powered on and functioning before the computer can detect them. One possibility is that the receiver's own EDID is not ready yet when you first turn on the computer. Try leaving the receiver on for a while (several 10s of seconds) before you turn on the computer.

2. A workaround might be to switch the receiver to a different input and then back to the input where the computer is connected. That should force an HDMI reset and the computer might detect it then.

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
post #3 of 5 Old 08-04-2018, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 32
It’s a windows audio quirk with HDMI audio devices. If I turn my receiver off and turn it back on it does the same thing. The easy way I’ve found to “refresh” the audio device is to right click the loudspeaker icon and open sound. Then I hear the click and my receiver is detected again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-07-2018, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks guys,
I'm testing a batch file to stop and restart the audio service, I'll let you know.
I tried twice to reproduce the problem but "unfortunately" it doesn't happen everytime so I wasn't able to test it yet, I'll update this post when I get a chance to test.

Thanks
post #5 of 5 Old 08-07-2018, 11:39 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1081 Post(s)
Liked: 690
Check the site www.digital-cp.com..
This lists the products which have passed the HDMI/HDCP certification test.
If the subject product is not listed then the supplier has not submitted their products and the probability of it working properly with HDMI products is hit or miss...

Just my $0.02...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer , receiver , sound , windows 10

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page