Connectivity / Other Receiver Recommendation - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By SQCraving

post #1 of 4 Old 08-05-2018, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Connectivity / Other Receiver Recommendation

Ultimately I am looking for a small and/or inexpensive receiver (at least 2.1) for my home office. I am thinking about a Denon AVR-S530BT. Here is what I want to use it for:

1. I want to be able to run a wire from the line out on my television that sits across the room to the receiver. I am not going for surround sound. Just louder. (Does anyone know of a way to relay this to a receiver without having to run a wire through the basement to the other side of the room?)

2. I want to be able to play things from my computer through the speakers (Currently also through a headphone jack wire so it would be nice to have two)

3. I want Bluetooth

4. I want to be able to connect it to a subwoofer. Likely either a PSW 10 or Monoprice (Something that sounds decent but is inexpensive) but require a pre-out.

Background:

I am looking for a small receiver for my home office. I am not a gamer. I work from home a lot and like to be able to watch TV and listen to music. I had a spare set of Bose 301 Series IV and Polk TSi200s laying around so I can use either. I am leaning towards the Bose 301s because the polks sounded a little bright for my uses in the room. Right now I am actually using the amp from a set of Klipsch promedia 2.1 speakers. I like the smaller controls next to my monitor for when customers call so I can quickly mute it. I know a receiver has a remote but It would be nice if a small decent amp could power both speakers well, accept the inputs that I want, and fit in a small footprint on my desk but most of them seem either like junk or are far more expensive than the denon.

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. Plato"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-05-2018, 07:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQCraving View Post
Ultimately I am looking for a small and/or inexpensive receiver (at least 2.1) for my home office. I am thinking about a Denon AVR-S530BT. Here is what I want to use it for:

1. I want to be able to run a wire from the line out on my television that sits across the room to the receiver. I am not going for surround sound. Just louder. (Does anyone know of a way to relay this to a receiver without having to run a wire through the basement to the other side of the room?)

2. I want to be able to play things from my computer through the speakers (Currently also through a headphone jack wire so it would be nice to have two)

3. I want Bluetooth

4. I want to be able to connect it to a subwoofer. Likely either a PSW 10 or Monoprice (Something that sounds decent but is inexpensive) but require a pre-out.

Background:

I am looking for a small receiver for my home office. I am not a gamer. I work from home a lot and like to be able to watch TV and listen to music. I had a spare set of Bose 301 Series IV and Polk TSi200s laying around so I can use either. I am leaning towards the Bose 301s because the polks sounded a little bright for my uses in the room. Right now I am actually using the amp from a set of Klipsch promedia 2.1 speakers. I like the smaller controls next to my monitor for when customers call so I can quickly mute it. I know a receiver has a remote but It would be nice if a small decent amp could power both speakers well, accept the inputs that I want, and fit in a small footprint on my desk but most of them seem either like junk or are far more expensive than the denon.
check out accessories4less.com... they have a yamaha integrated amp for 239 with a builtin DAC and a single analog input, but doesnt have the Bluetooth. you'll probably do better price and feature wise to go with an entry level AVR receiver there are also 2 channel receivers with all the inputs you need and BT starting ~149. the denon 530 is fairly feature rich for the refurb price, but it has those crappy spring clips instead of binding posts.

as for the audio out form the TV to the receiver - there are wireless transmitter/receiver options. rocketfish from BB. outlaw audio has one. monoprice has a few... all things being equal run the wire if it isn't too difficult.

good luck

Main: Sony XBR75900E, Denon AVR-x4400, Denon POA-5200 (L/R(a) Goldenear supersat 60, (b)FW Boston acoustic Bravo 2. C Goldenear supersat 60C,
SSR DIYSG Volt 6v2. RSS Volt 6, Atmos(.4) Boston acoustics soundware XS
HSU research ULS -15, Episode ES-IW-Dual 8 / Monitor audio IWA 250 amp 2nd Rm: Visio E55, Denon avr730H, Boston Acoustics CR8, cr400 sub.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-05-2018, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsabom View Post
check out accessories4less.com... they have a yamaha integrated amp for 239 with a builtin DAC and a single analog input, but doesnt have the Bluetooth. you'll probably do better price and feature wise to go with an entry level AVR receiver there are also 2 channel receivers with all the inputs you need and BT starting ~149. the denon 530 is fairly feature rich for the refurb price, but it has those crappy spring clips instead of binding posts.

as for the audio out form the TV to the receiver - there are wireless transmitter/receiver options. rocketfish from BB. outlaw audio has one. monoprice has a few... all things being equal run the wire if it isn't too difficult.

good luck
Thank you very much. I did run a coax so I know exactly where the wires need to go and I already have the holes drilled and baseboards still removed. I may just run the wire. Thank you for the advise.
smithsabom likes this.

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. Plato"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-06-2018, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

Does anyone know of any reasonably priced small form factor receivers that meet me needs above? I see a ton from companies like Pyle that are junk. Is there anything else out there that is reasonable?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
bluetooth , computer , receiver , wireless headphone jack

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page