Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-10-2018, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
New Receiver

Hello Folks,

I am currently coming up with a plan to update my theater. I currently have Onix Rocket speakers (1000 for front, 200 center, 250 side surrounds, 750 sig back surround). I currently run them with a Pioneer Elite SC-07 running through an Emotiva XPA-2 and XPA-5. I am anticipating upgrading my projector to a 4K unit in the next year to year and a half as well as add at least 1 pair if not 2 of Atmos speakers. I'm just trying to upgrade other things as we approach the time to upgrade the projector so I don't need to do everything at once. As far as sources, UHD, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, etc. so number of inputs should be pretty high. Currently I have narrowed my search down to the Yamaha A-3070/A-2070, Marantz 6012, or Denon x4400h. Is there any consensus leader out of these given my setup? Any other suggestions in or around the $1k range?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-10-2018, 10:35 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 739 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22561 Post(s)
Liked: 12279
The A2070 can only support 9CH (ie. 7.2.2 or 5.2.4) so would not be a suitable choice if you plan on 7.2.4. The Marantz SR6012 is the lowest model of the three remaining and likely the only one that you could get on clearance < $1000.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-10-2018, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
The A2070 can only support 9CH (ie. 7.2.2 or 5.2.4) so would not be a suitable choice if you plan on 7.2.4. The Marantz SR6012 is the lowest model of the three remaining and likely the only one that you could get on clearance < $1000.
Oh I'm glad you pointed that out. Originally I was looking at adding only 1 new pair of speakers, but I would now like the option to add 2. Thank you for making me aware. I will remove that one from my short list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-11-2018, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter

Are there any others I should be looking at in this range? Since I have amps, I could do just a preamp, but it seems I get more bang for the buck if I just get an AVR with preamp outs. I also don't mind buying previous years models as long as they meet my needs.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page