RX-A3080 Left Channel Out of Phase - NOT a YPAO question!
Hello everybody - I have a strange one for the team, hope this is the right place to post(?).
I have found one of the channels (both front and front presence inputs) to be out of phase on the new RX-A3080 receiver. (firmware version 1.72)
1) First, I am familiar with the "out of phase" warnings on YPAO and this is not that type of situation
2) Have a new RX-A3080 in my setup with Klipsch RP280FA fronts. (Integrated ATMOS presence)
3) The setup is 5.2.2 Bi-Amped fronts in the "Power Amp Assign" menu
4) The sound was just not right, and I did some focused listening in simple 2 channel stereo mode....the sound was just not imaging properly.
5) Tested this with some music, some audio test .mp3 files, and some basic movie/tv inputs (through different source inputs to rule a problem with one of the sources out.)
6) If I reverse (only ONE channel) both bi-amp input wiring (+ to -) and presence inputs (+ to -); "Wow", the image moves to front and center, clear and clean...quite a dramatic difference regardless of source.
7) I have ruled out both the wiring (physical inspection, all short, visible and traceable) and the internal speaker wiring on both L and R sides including the ATMOS speakers (battery test)
8) I also reinstalled my old RX-V2500 for stereo test and kept the reversed wiring on the speakers, it behaved the opposite (e.g. out of phase as expected since the wires on one channel are now reversed)
9) Been listening for a day or so and everything now sounds fine, but very concerned about one of the channels being screwed up.
So does anyone have any familiarity with this type of problem? Is there anyway its a firmware problem (seems unlikely to affect only one channel?) I don't want to return and exchange the receiver if I don't have to, but obviously don't want to just accept this channel phase issue with a new and expensive unit.
Any advice? Thanks,