The "Official" Yamaha RX-A3080, RX-A2080 and RX-A1080 AVENTAGE AVR Thread - Page 53 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 442Likes

post #1561 of 1591 Old 11-30-2019, 10:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked: 367
My Yamaha 1080 continues to give me ARC issues with my Sony A9G. I thought I had fixed my dropout issues with DD+, but that was only when watching a 1080p stream. DV or HDR through Netflix continues to dropout until I switch back to regular DD.

I would just write off ARC all together and just use my Sony x700 apps to stream, but if you own a Sony BD player, you already know that you have to turn Dolby Vision on or off, depending on if the content has Dolby Vision. It’s not a big deal for discs, but is annoying when you are browsing Netflix.

I haven’t contacted Yamaha yet, but Sony has given me tons of troubleshooting suggestions. None were successful.

But given that my old Yamaha 1050 had the same issue, I am convinced it’s a Sony glitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1562 of 1591 Old 11-30-2019, 11:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Standard sound dropping out

I've set all my speakers to max but on the standard movie setting it seems to drop a portion of the incoming sound. This is most notable in football games when the ref is unable to be heard but everything else is fine. If I switch to 7-ch stereo (music) I hear everything but it's not as loud. What do I need to change to get the "standard" sound to play it all at the correct level?
post #1563 of 1591 Old 12-01-2019, 07:52 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 13
So based on my comments above. Should I pack this thing up and take back to Best Buy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1564 of 1591 Old 12-02-2019, 09:29 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6848 Post(s)
Liked: 6844
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostick4 View Post
Is Amazon an authorized seller for these Yamaha receivers? I’ve been waiting for a sale on them somewhere like Crutchfeild or Best Buy but so far nada. I just don’t want to get screwed if there ends up being something to warranty.
Warranty laws are regulated by our government. Visit www.ftc.gov . as long as you have a invoice with a rolling invoice number you are covered, manufacturer gives you any issues file a complaint and watch that issue disappear.........
post #1565 of 1591 Old 12-02-2019, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hi Please help me I just received my new RX-A2080 and im so confused.
I have owned ONKYO all my life and this is my first YAMAHA .

How do I change/select sound to - all channel,surround,mono,stereo etc....
I cant find anywhere that option .
Im watching now movie-concert and it shows DTS but I want to change it to "ALL CHANELS"
How do I do that?
post #1566 of 1591 Old 12-02-2019, 11:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by dare888 View Post

Im watching now movie-concert and it shows DTS but I want to change it to "ALL CHANELS"
How do I do that?
As I remember on the remote cotrol the "program UP/DOWN" button is the DSP change as default. So try that. Or you can go to settings > Sound and there > 9Ch Stereo.

DOLBY ATMOS 5.2.4 - Yamaha RX-A2080 - Klipsch RP-280F - RP-450C - RP-250S - RP-140SA - R-112SW - SVS SB12-NSD - HiMedia Q30 - Xbox One X SE
post #1567 of 1591 Old 12-03-2019, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatto View Post
As I remember on the remote cotrol the "program UP/DOWN" button is the DSP change as default. So try that. Or you can go to settings > Sound and there > 9Ch Stereo.

I cant believe I have this issues after spending $1600 for this thing.
And I cant find any info anywhere.
Watching 4k movie is fine and sound is perfect.
But problems start when i want to listen the music from my dvd or cd players.
If I want to listen music from my OPPO player receiver shows always Neo:6 movie format and sound is horrible.
With my old ONKYO receiver i could change format to "all channels or stereo only,mono etc..."
Here i dont see that option.
Also screen does not show what format is playing (while watching movie) ,my old ONKYO would show Atmos,DTS X etc...
post #1568 of 1591 Old 12-03-2019, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatto View Post

Spent 3 hours trying to understand what im doing wrong.
I just want quick change while listening my music or video files using my remote , with Onkyo you could just change music format with one click, see on screen what you are playing (mono,stereo,dts,DD…)
Here I see only NEO:6 while playing my FLAC formats and sound is very bad, not even close to my 4 yr old Onkyo.
Onkyo also has NEO:6 option for music but its bad so I always change it to stereo,all channels or DTS if available.
But with Yamaha I DONT see that options!
post #1569 of 1591 Old 12-03-2019, 12:31 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 65
I do not want to be offensive, but these are not issues with Yamaha. Read User Manual - learn using scenes...

LG 55EG910V, Yamaha RX-V685 + miniDSP nanoAVR DL, DALI Oberon3 + Oberon Vokal + DALI Spektor 1, XTZ SUB 10.17, Oppo BD-103EU, Schiit Vali, Denon AHD2000 + Moon Audio Blue Dragon V3, Phonak Audeo 121, XLO cables , CalMAN 5 Enthusiast,i1D3, TED's Calibration Blu Ray Disc v1.1
post #1570 of 1591 Old 12-03-2019, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsut View Post
I do not want to be offensive, but these are not issues with Yamaha. Read User Manual - learn using scenes...

Ok so this is strange, my manual does not have anything about scenes. Only basic info. I see that options while going trough settings.
I tried to program it but still have same problem - "Surround AI" message is ALWAYS on main unit screen and it always shows NEO:6 format even while playing Wav or any other music files.
Is it even possible to see any other message on main unit screen then "Surround AI" ON/OFF ?
Can we see on that screen what format is currently playing (24/96,DTS...) ?
post #1571 of 1591 Old 12-03-2019, 12:53 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 65
You are using quick start guide probably... You have to read user manual. If you don't have one, here it is :
https://europe.yamaha.com/files/down...BGLF_En_D0.pdf

then read page 117, or 75 for example....

LG 55EG910V, Yamaha RX-V685 + miniDSP nanoAVR DL, DALI Oberon3 + Oberon Vokal + DALI Spektor 1, XTZ SUB 10.17, Oppo BD-103EU, Schiit Vali, Denon AHD2000 + Moon Audio Blue Dragon V3, Phonak Audeo 121, XLO cables , CalMAN 5 Enthusiast,i1D3, TED's Calibration Blu Ray Disc v1.1

Last edited by prsut; 12-03-2019 at 01:00 AM.
post #1572 of 1591 Old 12-03-2019, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Ok so this is strange, my manual does not have anything about scenes. Only basic info. I see that options while going trough settings.
I tried to program it but still have same problem - "Surround AI" message is ALWAYS on main unit screen and it always shows NEO:6 format even while playing Wav or any other music files.
Is it even possible to see any other message on main unit screen then "Surround AI" ON/OFF ?
Can we see on that screen what format is currently playing (24/96,DTS...) ?
Turn OFF Surround AI and try what I wrote.... AI stick to the Neo6.

DOLBY ATMOS 5.2.4 - Yamaha RX-A2080 - Klipsch RP-280F - RP-450C - RP-250S - RP-140SA - R-112SW - SVS SB12-NSD - HiMedia Q30 - Xbox One X SE
post #1573 of 1591 Old 12-03-2019, 02:28 AM

Quote:
I cant believe I have this issues after spending $1600 for this thing.
And I cant find any info anywhere.
Watching 4k movie is fine and sound is perfect.
But problems start when i want to listen the music from my dvd or cd players.
If I want to listen music from my OPPO player receiver shows always Neo:6 movie format and sound is horrible.
With my old ONKYO receiver i could change format to "all channels or stereo only,mono etc..."
Here i dont see that option.
Also screen does not show what format is playing (while watching movie) ,my old ONKYO would show Atmos,DTS X etc...
The option is there, just you can't find... If turn off the AI you can see everything like DTS:X-Atmos. On top of the remote there is a PURE DIRECT button. Use that for 2ch stereo with "large" settings, so full range.

Last edited by Renatto; 12-03-2019 at 12:31 PM.
post #1574 of 1591 Old 12-03-2019, 12:28 PM

yeah turning off the AI was the key. thanx
post #1575 of 1591 Old 12-03-2019, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
yeah turning off the AI was the key. thanx
Click the info button inside your front panel - it will switch the front display to show incoming format instead of decoder format.
post #1576 of 1591 Old 12-04-2019, 07:05 AM

Quote:

How do I do that?
I think "Party Mode" may be what you're looking for. 🍻
post #1577 of 1591 Old 12-04-2019, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Also, get the Yamaha App. It makes so many things so much easier. You'd have noticed all of the DSP settings greyed out when AI is selected, making the problem obvious.

Yamaha RXa3080, 77" LG C9 OLED, SVS Pinnacle Prime fronts, Pioneer Elite SP-EC73 Andrew Jones Center Channel Speaker, Pioneer Elite SP-EBS73 Dolby Atmos-enabled Andrew Jones Bookshelf surrounds, Klipsch R-15m rear surrounds, 8" in ceiling front presence, SVS PB2000 12" sub, Velodyne 12" sub
post #1578 of 1591 Old 12-04-2019, 07:39 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I just bought a Yamaha RX-V2085, and am trying to organize/ arrange my system now so that I only have to pull out my entertainment center once to install the new receiver cause it's sorta a PITA. I would like to run 5.2.4 in my 13' x 13' room, in which the MLP (couch) is at the back against a large window. F/C/R are 9' in front of MLP. All Klipsch speakers with exception of 2 SVS ported subs.

Can't really do the rear surround due to lack of space & furniture (plus she won't let me...), so only have side surround floor standing speakers. Don't have a hell of a lot of room, so these side surrounds are 5' from the MLP on each side, with a 8' flat ceiling. I do have front height presence speakers (whichever setting will sound better), but am struggling with the rear height presence speakers. Thought I'd try some Dolby Atmos speakers from Best Buy as it's close and easy to return them, to see if they would work by being placed on top of my side surrounds and aimed up online with the MLP. Guy at Best Buy said that they would be better than nothing, but he felt that labeling them during speaker setup as rear presence speakers would throw off the receiver/ speaker effects since it was "expecting" it to be a forward effect from the rear of the room (if that makes sense...). He suggested labeling it as a side presence speaker, but from everything I have read the Yamaha only has front and rear presence settings.

1. Does my idea of the Atmos speaker on the surround speaker work as described?
2. Is there a way to indicate side height presence speaker?
3. Is this just a case of too much thinking, just go for it the way I had planned with the settings?

Appreciate any feedback; from everything I've seen the receiver I bought is almost like a A2080, so maybe you guys have run into a room situation like this cause not everyone has a perfect theater room with "permission" to do anything we want in that room...
post #1579 of 1591 Old 12-04-2019, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldjohn View Post
I just bought a Yamaha RX-V2085, and am trying to organize/ arrange my system now so that I only have to pull out my entertainment center once to install the new receiver cause it's sorta a PITA. I would like to run 5.2.4 in my 13' x 13' room, in which the MLP (couch) is at the back against a large window. F/C/R are 9' in front of MLP. All Klipsch speakers with exception of 2 SVS ported subs.

Can't really do the rear surround due to lack of space & furniture (plus she won't let me...), so only have side surround floor standing speakers. Don't have a hell of a lot of room, so these side surrounds are 5' from the MLP on each side, with a 8' flat ceiling. I do have front height presence speakers (whichever setting will sound better), but am struggling with the rear height presence speakers. Thought I'd try some Dolby Atmos speakers from Best Buy as it's close and easy to return them, to see if they would work by being placed on top of my side surrounds and aimed up online with the MLP. Guy at Best Buy said that they would be better than nothing, but he felt that labeling them during speaker setup as rear presence speakers would throw off the receiver/ speaker effects since it was "expecting" it to be a forward effect from the rear of the room (if that makes sense...). He suggested labeling it as a side presence speaker, but from everything I have read the Yamaha only has front and rear presence settings.

1. Does my idea of the Atmos speaker on the surround speaker work as described?
2. Is there a way to indicate side height presence speaker?
3. Is this just a case of too much thinking, just go for it the way I had planned with the settings?

Appreciate any feedback; from everything I've seen the receiver I bought is almost like a A2080, so maybe you guys have run into a room situation like this cause not everyone has a perfect theater room with "permission" to do anything we want in that room...

As options are limited, no reason not to do as you had planned and tell the AVR the speakers are ATMOS. Assume the atmos compatible side/rear speakers are slanted? If so you can always point them towards the back of the room.

I'd def set it up that way and run YPAO (all 8 positions.) My guess is that you will be pleasantly surprised.
post #1580 of 1591 Old 12-05-2019, 05:16 AM

Quote:

My Atmos speakers - 4x RP-140SA - are on the L/R side walls just under the ceiling and in the AVR settings they are "Overhead" speakers. Tried them with "Height speakers", but wasn't good. You can set them up as "Front/Rear Height" or "Front/Rear Overhead" presence speaker. If the speakers are on the Front/Back wall use "Height" otherwise use "Overhead". There is no "side" option in the settings.

post #1581 of 1591 Old 12-05-2019, 06:03 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
As options are limited, no reason not to do as you had planned and tell the AVR the speakers are ATMOS. Assume the atmos compatible side/rear speakers are slanted? If so you can always point them towards the back of the room.

I'm looking at some SVS ELevation speakers, and possibly using them for the rear height presence aiming down at the couch between them (MLP). Not sure if it'd be better having them above the couch which is back against the wall they'd be mounted on aiming forward/down, or on the side wall (at the back corner) aiming down at the couch between. Not a lot of separation there, but with YPAO is it pretty good at sorting out things that aren't quite "perfect"?

Put a couple pictures in to help visualize. Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191205_055416.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	2649674   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191205_055422.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	2649676  
post #1582 of 1591 Old 12-07-2019, 05:56 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by ht guy View Post
Quote:
I'm looking at some SVS ELevation speakers, and possibly using them for the rear height presence aiming down at the couch between them (MLP). Not sure if it'd be better having them above the couch which is back against the wall they'd be mounted on aiming forward/down, or on the side wall (at the back corner) aiming down at the couch between. Not a lot of separation there, but with YPAO is it pretty good at sorting out things that aren't quite "perfect"?

Put a couple pictures in to help visualize. Thoughts?
I'd start with them on the back wall, just to either side of the curtain rod (and as close to the ceiling as possible) as that's about as close as you can get to where they should be ideally.

Also think you'll be better off with the Elevations (good idea) than with Atmos enabled speakers on top of your towers.
post #1583 of 1591 Old 12-07-2019, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
RX-A3080 Left Channel Out of Phase - NOT a YPAO question!

Hello everybody - I have a strange one for the team, hope this is the right place to post(?).

I have found one of the channels (both front and front presence inputs) to be out of phase on the new RX-A3080 receiver. (firmware version 1.72)

1) First, I am familiar with the "out of phase" warnings on YPAO and this is not that type of situation

2) Have a new RX-A3080 in my setup with Klipsch RP280FA fronts. (Integrated ATMOS presence)

3) The setup is 5.2.2 Bi-Amped fronts in the "Power Amp Assign" menu

4) The sound was just not right, and I did some focused listening in simple 2 channel stereo mode....the sound was just not imaging properly.

5) Tested this with some music, some audio test .mp3 files, and some basic movie/tv inputs (through different source inputs to rule a problem with one of the sources out.)

6) If I reverse (only ONE channel) both bi-amp input wiring (+ to -) and presence inputs (+ to -); "Wow", the image moves to front and center, clear and clean...quite a dramatic difference regardless of source.

7) I have ruled out both the wiring (physical inspection, all short, visible and traceable) and the internal speaker wiring on both L and R sides including the ATMOS speakers (battery test)

8) I also reinstalled my old RX-V2500 for stereo test and kept the reversed wiring on the speakers, it behaved the opposite (e.g. out of phase as expected since the wires on one channel are now reversed)

9) Been listening for a day or so and everything now sounds fine, but very concerned about one of the channels being screwed up.

So does anyone have any familiarity with this type of problem? Is there anyway its a firmware problem (seems unlikely to affect only one channel?) I don't want to return and exchange the receiver if I don't have to, but obviously don't want to just accept this channel phase issue with a new and expensive unit.

Any advice? Thanks,
dmaisel
post #1584 of 1591 Old 12-07-2019, 01:55 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_G View Post
I am having the same issue with the RX-A1080 connected to my TCL 75R615-CA: When the receiver source is Chromecast, the TV works fine. When source is Roku Ultra, and HDMI mode is set to 1.4, the TV keeps hunting for signal for a few seconds before finally working. If HDMI mode is set to 2.0, the TV never "locks in" signal with the Roku Ultra. I found this partial solution after fiddling for hours with the settings on the receiver and the TV. I am wondering if there are other settings that might help.

I'm having the exact same issue with a new Roku Ultra. What was your partial solution?

Defeat of Deduct must go over Defense before Detail does.
post #1585 of 1591 Old 12-07-2019, 07:58 PM

Liked: 10
Streaming Services No Audio

Hi there - i have purchased a RXA 3080 and can not get any audio fro streaming services. I am running a cable box for cable TV thru ARC and the audio is fine, but if i try and run a streaming service like Netflix there is no audio.
As the streaming service is sourced from the TV (see below) i have played with the audio outputs in the TV to ensure they are running the ARC out and PCM.
I have played with the audio on the 3080 as well but can't seem to get audio. Is there a setting i am missing somewhere? Or is this a TV output issue?

TV: Sony KD-55x8500d
post #1586 of 1591 Old Yesterday, 07:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 962 Post(s)
Liked: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaisel View Post
Hello everybody - I have a strange one for the team, hope this is the right place to post(?).

I have found one of the channels (both front and front presence inputs) to be out of phase on the new RX-A3080 receiver. (firmware version 1.72)

1) First, I am familiar with the "out of phase" warnings on YPAO and this is not that type of situation

2) Have a new RX-A3080 in my setup with Klipsch RP280FA fronts. (Integrated ATMOS presence)

3) The setup is 5.2.2 Bi-Amped fronts in the "Power Amp Assign" menu

4) The sound was just not right, and I did some focused listening in simple 2 channel stereo mode....the sound was just not imaging properly.

5) Tested this with some music, some audio test .mp3 files, and some basic movie/tv inputs (through different source inputs to rule a problem with one of the sources out.)

6) If I reverse (only ONE channel) both bi-amp input wiring (+ to -) and presence inputs (+ to -); "Wow", the image moves to front and center, clear and clean...quite a dramatic difference regardless of source.

7) I have ruled out both the wiring (physical inspection, all short, visible and traceable) and the internal speaker wiring on both L and R sides including the ATMOS speakers (battery test)

8) I also reinstalled my old RX-V2500 for stereo test and kept the reversed wiring on the speakers, it behaved the opposite (e.g. out of phase as expected since the wires on one channel are now reversed)

9) Been listening for a day or so and everything now sounds fine, but very concerned about one of the channels being screwed up.

So does anyone have any familiarity with this type of problem? Is there anyway its a firmware problem (seems unlikely to affect only one channel?) I don't want to return and exchange the receiver if I don't have to, but obviously don't want to just accept this channel phase issue with a new and expensive unit.

Any advice? Thanks,
dmaisel
I have never seen (heard?) this on any of my receivers, including my 3080. So, based on what you have said I assume that YPAO is reporting that your speakers are out of phase when they sound correct to you, correct? If the YPAO test reports the out of phase sounding sounding (wired in phase) as in phase that is pretty strange. Are you able to simply replace the 3080? If so, that's probably what I'd do.

1) JVC DLA-NX7 & Sony 65Z9D, Yamaha CX-A5200, Outlaw Audio 7900 & 7700, UDP-203, DP-UB9000, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
2) Sony 75Z9D, Yamaha RX-A3080, 2xOutlaw Audio 2200s, UDP-203, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
3) Sony 75X940E, Yamaha RX-A2080, UDP-203, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
post #1587 of 1591 Old Yesterday, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 948 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillcox View Post
I have never seen (heard?) this on any of my receivers, including my 3080. So, based on what you have said I assume that YPAO is reporting that your speakers are out of phase when they sound correct to you, correct? If the YPAO test reports the out of phase sounding sounding (wired in phase) as in phase that is pretty strange. Are you able to simply replace the 3080? If so, that's probably what I'd do.
Ive had many incidents where YPAO says my speakers are out of phase when they are wired properly. For years my Yamaha 681 said my center channel was out of phase and now my new polk LSIM 707s and 706c are being reported as out of phase on my yamaha 681. I absolutely know all these speakers are wired right and I use banana plugs. I pay no attention to it as yamaha says in manual.
sutton8 likes this.

Matt
post #1588 of 1591 Old Yesterday, 08:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post
Ive had many incidents where YPAO says my speakers are out of phase when they are wired properly. For years my Yamaha 681 said my center channel was out of phase and now my new polk LSIM 707s and 706c are being reported as out of phase on my yamaha 681. I absolutely know all these speakers are wired right and I use banana plugs. I pay no attention to it as yamaha says in manual.
Well, my experience has been the opposite. Over the decades since Yamana first introduced YPAO, whenever it reported my speakers as out of phase it was correct as I had accidently connected them wrong. This has been with NHT, Def Tech, and Revel speakers (I've not owned any Polk speakers). I suspect it has something to do with the speakers and room acoustics affecting the received audio signal at the microphone and fooling the logic in the receiver.
mattg3 likes this.

1) JVC DLA-NX7 & Sony 65Z9D, Yamaha CX-A5200, Outlaw Audio 7900 & 7700, UDP-203, DP-UB9000, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
2) Sony 75Z9D, Yamaha RX-A3080, 2xOutlaw Audio 2200s, UDP-203, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
post #1589 of 1591 Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillcox View Post
bwilcox - Thanks for the reply:

"I have never seen (heard?) this on any of my receivers, including my 3080. So, based on what you have said I assume that YPAO is reporting that your speakers are out of phase when they sound correct to you, correct? If the YPAO test reports the out of phase sounding sounding (wired in phase) as in phase that is pretty strange. Are you able to simply replace the 3080? If so, that's probably what I'd do."

The story is not quite that, the YPAO agrees with my ears for the most part.....once I reversed all three wires on the right channel (2x bi-amp and 1x ATMOS) the YPAO runs through without an issue....originally, it didn't pick up both front and presence as being out of phase, but the room has high slanted ceiling, so not too concerned if YPAO is a bit off due to the acoustics of the angled ceiling vs. the electrical phasing....but my ears definitely can tell the image being centered or very diffuse.

On your 3080, do you have the 1.72 (new) firmware? I had (I think?) 1.65 when I first opened the box and turned the unit on, but it asked to update and I did so, so I don't know if the issue would have existed before the fw upgrade...

dmaisel
post #1590 of 1591 Old Yesterday, 06:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaisel View Post

On your 3080, do you have the 1.72 (new) firmware? I had (I think?) 1.65 when I first opened the box and turned the unit on, but it asked to update and I did so, so I don't know if the issue would have existed before the fw upgrade...

dmaisel
Yes, I am running version 1.72 on my 3080. I don't bi-amp but I do use Outlaw Audio 2200 monoblock amps for the front L&R channels. Are you using external amps for your bi-amping? If so, is it possible that there is a noticible difference in the delay presented by the amps vs. the internal amps?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
bluetooth headphones , yamaha 1080

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page