The "Official" Yamaha RX-A3080, RX-A2080 and RX-A1080 AVENTAGE AVR Thread - Page 54 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 685Likes

post #1591 of 2590 Old 12-08-2019, 10:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Anyone else getting bitstream issues after updating to 1.72 firmware?

I'm running W10 on my HTPC, since the firmware update, im having to switch between stereo and 7.1 in windows sound settings in order to trip the bitstream signal being sent to the receiver.

sittting at desktop with nothing running, AVR displays "Decoder off" cool and normal...., fire up spotify...... same message. Then i flip the sound mode "right click speaker icon / change to 7.1 from stereo" and spotify kicks in again.

I figured it could be a faulty HDMI cable, swapped it out, still same issue....

Also, noticed when playing back a movie in MPC-HC, the video would cut out for a few seconds, then come back.

I'm convinced its something to do with this new firmware update, wasn't getting these issues on 1.65.

(btw im running a RX-V2085 (the Aussie version of the 2080) .... same same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1592 of 2590 Old 12-09-2019, 08:16 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillcox View Post
Yes, I am running version 1.72 on my 3080. I don't bi-amp but I do use Outlaw Audio 2200 monoblock amps for the front L&R channels. Are you using external amps for your bi-amping? If so, is it possible that there is a noticible difference in the delay presented by the amps vs. the internal amps?
No, just the internal amps set up in bi-amp mode.
post #1593 of 2590 Old 12-10-2019, 05:54 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Hey guys I love my Yamaha receivers, so I just purchased a new 3080 to go along with my setup and OLED 4k TV. I always loved Yamaha video processing, because to my eyes the picture looks more clean, better motion and clarity (also I can change the brightness/contrast etc). What does the video processing on do exactly to a 4k signal? Does it make it like 3:2 or something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1594 of 2590 Old 12-10-2019, 06:22 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj Mohan View Post
Hey guys I love my Yamaha receivers, so I just purchased a new 3080 to go along with my setup and OLED 4k TV. I always loved Yamaha video processing, because to my eyes the picture looks more clean, better motion and clarity (also I can change the brightness/contrast etc). What does the video processing on do exactly to a 4k signal? Does it make it like 3:2 or something?
I think an OLED TV is better in video pocessing...
Felix_ro and junior00027 like this.

Klipsch Reference Premiere DOLBY ATMOS 5.2.4 - RP-280F - RP-450C - RP-250S - RP-140SA - SVS SB12-NSD
LG OLED65C9 - Yamaha RX-A2080 - Himedia Q30 - Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition
post #1595 of 2590 Old 12-10-2019, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Yamaha has finally posted Ver. 1.72 firmware on its site (at least in the U.S.). The description simply states:

"This firmware includes
  1. To bring Amazon Music and 3PDA (enhanced Alexa Voice Control) functionalities."
This isn't of any real importance to me, but I might update anyway in case there are other less noteworthy improvements that aren't mentioned.
post #1596 of 2590 Old 12-11-2019, 12:17 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyoid View Post
Yamaha has finally posted Ver. 1.72 firmware on its site (at least in the U.S.). The description simply states:

"This firmware includes
  1. To bring Amazon Music and 3PDA (enhanced Alexa Voice Control) functionalities."
This isn't of any real importance to me, but I might update anyway in case there are other less noteworthy improvements that aren't mentioned.

Do you or anyone know where we can find and download previously released firmware for Yamaha?
post #1597 of 2590 Old 12-11-2019, 07:37 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_ro View Post
Do you or anyone know where we can find and download previously released firmware for Yamaha?
Sorry, but I don't.
post #1598 of 2590 Old 12-11-2019, 07:47 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
If such a repository exists online I'm sure someone here will provide the link. If not... the only other alternative I can think of is to have another member here send you a previously downloaded zip file via email. In regards to the RXA1080_A2080_A3080_V1085_V2085_V3085 line up... other than V1.72... the only other previously released firmware version I'm aware of is V1.65. I don't believe the original factory installed firmware version (at time of product release) was ever available for download. PM me if you would like me to send you V1.65.
Felix_ro likes this.

LG OLED65B6P - Yamaha RX-A2080 - Roku Ultra - Chromecast Ultra - PC Gaming Console - Panasonic DP-UB820

Last edited by Elton Noway; 12-11-2019 at 07:59 AM.
post #1599 of 2590 Old 12-11-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton Noway View Post
If such a repository exists online I'm sure someone here will provide the link. If not... the only other alternative I can think of is to have another member here send you a previously downloaded zip file via email. In regards to the RXA1080_A2080_A3080_V1085_V2085_V3085 line up... other thoan V1.72... the only other previously released firmware version I'm aware of is V1.65. I don't believe the original factory installed firmware version (at time of product release) was ever available for download. PM me if you would like me to send you V1.65.
Actually, I purchased my RX-A2080 few weeks ago, and the minute I’ve connected it to internet, the notification about a new firmware has come up, and if this new one just released yesterday (or this week), I’m presuming should had been another one than this, right? My bad that I did not took a note of the versions, what I have (default at purchase) and the one from notification.
Also, could there be different time availability if I’m in Europe (Romania more precisely), that perhaps the one I’ve seen from the beginning was actually this one that’s new?

Furthermore, I believe there’s some differences between the European one and the US one, right.
post #1600 of 2590 Old 12-11-2019, 02:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Actually, I purchased my RX-A2080 few weeks ago, and the minute I’ve connected it to internet, the notification about a new firmware has come up, and if this new one just released yesterday (or this week), I’m presuming should had been another one than this, right? My bad that I did not took a note of the versions, what I have (default at purchase) and the one from notification.
Also, could there be different time availability if I’m in Europe (Romania more precisely), that perhaps the one I’ve seen from the beginning was actually this one that’s new?

Furthermore, I believe there’s some differences between the European one and the US one, right.

While there "may be" some difference in the firmware between US and Europe... prior to the update yesterday there was only one update for these models worldwide. Since you only purchased the unit a few weeks ago, and depending on when it was manufactured, the unit may have already been at ver V1.65 and the update notification you received once you connected was for ver 1.72. In any event you can check what version you are on now by doing the following:

Using the remote control: Press the Setup button > Select “System” > “Information”. Your current firmware version will be displayed on your TV. If your firmware version is showing 1.72... I'd say you're all up to date.

LG OLED65B6P - Yamaha RX-A2080 - Roku Ultra - Chromecast Ultra - PC Gaming Console - Panasonic DP-UB820
post #1601 of 2590 Old 12-11-2019, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Fixed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4DM4NZ View Post
Anyone else getting bitstream issues after updating to 1.72 firmware?

I'm running W10 on my HTPC, since the firmware update, im having to switch between stereo and 7.1 in windows sound settings in order to trip the bitstream signal being sent to the receiver.

sittting at desktop with nothing running, AVR displays "Decoder off" cool and normal...., fire up spotify...... same message. Then i flip the sound mode "right click speaker icon / change to 7.1 from stereo" and spotify kicks in again.

I figured it could be a faulty HDMI cable, swapped it out, still same issue....

Also, noticed when playing back a movie in MPC-HC, the video would cut out for a few seconds, then come back.

I'm convinced its something to do with this new firmware update, wasn't getting these issues on 1.65.

(btw im running a RX-V2085 (the Aussie version of the 2080) .... same same.

FYI, I managed to fix this issue, I needed to firmware update the HDMI port on the Intel NUC.

if anyone else has these issues, look up firmware upgrade instructions here. (this is for 8thGen NUC's)
post #1602 of 2590 Old 12-11-2019, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by domestar View Post
Hi there - i have purchased a RXA 3080 and can not get any audio fro streaming services. I am running a cable box for cable TV thru ARC and the audio is fine, but if i try and run a streaming service like Netflix there is no audio.
As the streaming service is sourced from the TV (see below) i have played with the audio outputs in the TV to ensure they are running the ARC out and PCM.
I have played with the audio on the 3080 as well but can't seem to get audio. Is there a setting i am missing somewhere? Or is this a TV output issue?

TV: Sony KD-55x8500d
This sound issue is a Sony problem that they have actually finally acknowledged. It's a switching issue with their TVs. You need to turn off the TV with the remote, wait 4-5 seconds and turn it back on. Sony has yet to provide a permanent solution. This issue goes away on its own and returns on its own. The only workable solution is the one above from Sony themselves. Gotta love them.
post #1603 of 2590 Old 12-12-2019, 12:54 AM

Quote:
While there "may be" some difference in the firmware between US and Europe... prior to the update yesterday there was only one update for these models worldwide. Since you only purchased the unit a few weeks ago, and depending on when it was manufactured, the unit may have already been at ver V1.65 and the update notification you received once you connected was for ver 1.72. In any event you can check what version you are on now by doing the following:

Using the remote control: Press the Setup button > Select “System” > “Information”. Your current firmware version will be displayed on your TV. If your firmware version is showing 1.72... I'd say you're all up to date.
Thanks a lot Elton for all your shared ideas and thoughts!

Sure, I know how to check the firmware, being at the second RX-A20x0, and considering myself quite technical.
I think the notification I got prior to the latest firmware (1.72) was for a previous version, cause was asking me long before the 1.72 launch date, so I can presume I have an even older firmware(two steps back from the current 1.72) installed now on my unit.

I started to be "cautioned" with updating firmware on my devices since I've saw some things going badder than before or even loosing them, either on the receiver, the Blu-ray player or Apple TV 4K. So I tend to just disregard the notification for new versions, until I get some time to check what exactly it is changed and/or added/removed, before I proceed with the update.
Ultimately, sure I think I will end up doing all of them if the "balance" will go for the new version, as it usually do.

Meanwhile, if anyone have or know how to download any/all firmware versions, it is more than welcome to share this information. Thanks in advance!
post #1604 of 2590 Old 12-12-2019, 07:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks a lot Elton for all your shared ideas and thoughts!

[snip]
I started to be "cautioned" with updating firmware on my devices since I've saw some things going badder than before or even loosing them, either on the receiver, the Blu-ray player or Apple TV 4K. So I tend to just disregard the notification for new versions, until I get some time to check what exactly it is changed and/or added/removed, before I proceed with the update. Ultimately, sure I think I will end up doing all of them if the "balance" will go for the new version, as it usually do.
Same here!. In the past I would load firmware updates as soon as they rolled out whether they addressed an issue I was having or not. However as time went on and more and more product from computers to refrigerators started getting firmware updates and it seemed more and more of them the updates introduced as many new problems as they fixed. (e.g furious 2016 LG OLED TV's with elevated black levels after a firmware update) Anyway... I now let other brave souls be the first to install updates, then I monitor various forums to make sure all is good before I decide to install or not. Unfortunately some devices perform automatic updates as soon as they are connected to the internet. For those devices either I simply don't connect them to the internet or I configure domains using my router's website blocking feature or by setting up an OpenDNS account and blocking them there.

post #1605 of 2590 Old 12-12-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Same here!. In the past I would load firmware updates as soon as they rolled out whether they addressed an issue I was having or not.
I’ve checked my RX-A2080 and I have the 1.09 firmware version, with which come at purchase.
So definitely two firmwares back than current 1.72
post #1606 of 2590 Old 12-12-2019, 02:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1074 Post(s)
Liked: 635
Quote:
I’ve checked my RX-A2080 and I have the 1.09 firmware version, with which come at purchase.
So definitely two firmwares back than current 1.72
Well, I have a 1.51 version of firmware for the xx80 series of AVRs that I downloaded on Mar 5 2019, so I'd say that there have been at least one more.
Felix_ro likes this.

1) JVC DLA-NX7 & Sony 65Z9D, Yamaha CX-A5200, Outlaw Audio 7900 & 7700, UDP-203, DP-UB9000, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
2) Sony 75Z9D, Yamaha RX-A3080, 2xOutlaw Audio 2200s, UDP-203, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
3) Sony 75X940E, Yamaha RX-A2080, UDP-203, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
post #1607 of 2590 Old 12-13-2019, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Well, I have a 1.51 version of firmware for the xx80 series of AVRs that I downloaded on Mar 5 2019, so I'd say that there have been at least one more.
.... therefore I am correct, there was a different version that I was receiving notification before the last version that come up this week.

Many thanks @bwillcox for this!
Do you also happen to still have the 1.51 firmware file downloaded?
If so, can you please share it with me?
post #1608 of 2590 Old 12-13-2019, 06:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1074 Post(s)
Liked: 635
Quote:
.... therefore I am correct, there was a different version that I was receiving notification before the last version that come up this week.

Many thanks @bwillcox for this!
Do you also happen to still have the 1.51 firmware file downloaded?
If so, can you please share it with me?
Yes, I do have it downloaded. If you PM me with an email address and I will try to email it to you. Should work if it's not too large for you to receive (it's 44MB).
Felix_ro likes this.

1) JVC DLA-NX7 & Sony 65Z9D, Yamaha CX-A5200, Outlaw Audio 7900 & 7700, UDP-203, DP-UB9000, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
2) Sony 75Z9D, Yamaha RX-A3080, 2xOutlaw Audio 2200s, UDP-203, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
3) Sony 75X940E, Yamaha RX-A2080, UDP-203, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
post #1609 of 2590 Old 12-13-2019, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Yes, I do have it downloaded. If you PM me with an email address and I will try to email it to you. Should work if it's not too large for you to receive (it's 44MB).
PM sent!
Thanks!

EDIT: and file well received over private discussion! Thank you @bwillcox !

Last edited by Felix_ro; 12-13-2019 at 06:41 AM.
post #1610 of 2590 Old 12-14-2019, 08:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2250 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
Quote:
44 MB is way, way too large for conventional SMTP e-mail. Many email providers will block outgoing or incoming messages with such a large payload.

Recommend you use Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, or similar file sharing services. Many are free.

“Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?” “Oh that's all right, Detective, we're married.”
Are you new to the forum? => Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. Respect our fine Moderators. And RTFM, always.
post #1611 of 2590 Old 12-15-2019, 03:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 16
No audio from 2nd room TV

Just got the 1080. I have STB connected to HDMI input AV2. Main rm TV connects to HDMI out 1 ARC and 2nd room TV connects to HDMI Out 2. I have picture at 2nd room TV, same as Main TV, but no audio. There is no audio directly from Main rm TV which is fine since I have Main room speakers. I have a speaker pair hard wired from rm 2 to the 1080 but can I get audio directly form the TV without using the speaker pair which if I have to use I assume would be connected as Zone 2?
post #1612 of 2590 Old 12-15-2019, 07:44 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Why does Yamaha YPAO say to turn sub crossover to max?

I recently purchased a Yamaha RX-A2080 and in the instructions for using YPAO, it says "Turn on the subwoofer and set the volume to half. If the crossover frequency is adjustable, set it to maximum." (page 55: https://usa.yamaha.com/files/downloa...BGLF_En_D0.pdf)

I am curious why this is? I have a Boston PV1000 subwoofer and it has dials as shown in the attached picture. The crossover can be adjusted from 50 - 150 Hz. It was set to the middle position from its original installation long ago. What is the impact of turning to max?

Thanks
post #1613 of 2590 Old 12-15-2019, 07:46 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7616 Post(s)
Liked: 7684
Quote:
Same here!. In the past I would load firmware updates as soon as they rolled out whether they addressed an issue I was having or not. However as time went on and more and more product from computers to refrigerators started getting firmware updates and it seemed more and more of them the updates introduced as many new problems as they fixed. (e.g furious 2016 LG OLED TV's with elevated black levels after a firmware update) Anyway... I now let other brave souls be the first to install updates, then I monitor various forums to make sure all is good before I decide to install or not. Unfortunately some devices perform automatic updates as soon as they are connected to the internet. For those devices either I simply don't connect them to the internet or I configure domains using my router's website blocking feature or by setting up an OpenDNS account and blocking them there.
LOL, exactly. Don't need a bad update to be tied to, potentially forever......
post #1614 of 2590 Old 12-15-2019, 09:53 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Send a message via Skype™ to jch2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rankinc View Post
I recently purchased a Yamaha RX-A2080 and in the instructions for using YPAO, it says "Turn on the subwoofer and set the volume to half. If the crossover frequency is adjustable, set it to maximum." (page 55: https://usa.yamaha.com/files/downloa...BGLF_En_D0.pdf)

I am curious why this is? I have a Boston PV1000 subwoofer and it has dials as shown in the attached picture. The crossover can be adjusted from 50 - 150 Hz. It was set to the middle position from its original installation long ago. What is the impact of turning to max?

Thanks
The LFE channel can contain frequencies up to 250Hz (well, technically it can contain any frequency, the channel is a full bandwidth digital channel), but the specification says it *should* only contain material up to 250Hz. In practice, most masters have frequencies up to 120Hz. So, if you set a crossover on your subwoofer lower than 120Hz, some of the output at higher frequencies will be attenuated and you will miss some of what is on the master.

Subwoofers typically have one or two full range inputs were the crossover will take effect, and most of the time also have an LFE input where the crossover will have no effect. When connecting to an LFE output you don't want the subwoofer's crossover affecting the signal, and thus why the manual recommends setting the subwoofer's crossover to maximum.
ChromeJob likes this.

Main: Marantz AV8805, 5x Behringer NX4-6000, Epson 6050UB, Stewart Greyhawk 120", LG C8 65", DISH H3, Panasonic UB820, ATV4k, FTV4k, 7.2.6+2: DefTech BP2000, CLR2000, Di 5.5BPS, UIW BPZ/A, Di 8R, M&K MX-125. Bedroom: Yamaha RX-A3070, LG E8 55", DISH 4k Joey, FTV4k, 5.1.4: DT RCS II, RSS II, IW Sub Ref. Basement: Yamaha RX-A3040, 3x Marantz MA700U, Panasonic PT-AE8000U, Panasonic P65VT50, 6.1: DT BP2000, CLR2000, Di 6.5R
post #1615 of 2590 Old 12-15-2019, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

Thanks

Turning it to 150Hz allows a broader range of low frequencies to be reproduced by the sub speaker. By doing so, it lets the AVR decide which frequencies come in through the sub cable, and that’s the whole idea of calibration and crossover being controlled by the AVR. The sub has the filter just to allow its use with a system lacking frequency filtering capabilities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #1616 of 2590 Old 12-15-2019, 02:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2250 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by maur53 View Post
Just got the 1080. I have STB connected to HDMI input AV2. Main rm TV connects to HDMI out 1 ARC and 2nd room TV connects to HDMI Out 2. I have picture at 2nd room TV, same as Main TV, but no audio. There is no audio directly from Main rm TV which is fine since I have Main room speakers. I have a speaker pair hard wired from rm 2 to the 1080 but can I get audio directly form the TV without using the speaker pair which if I have to use I assume would be connected as Zone 2?
Are you trying to get audio from the 2nd Room TV, connected to HDMI OUT 2, back via ARC? This won't work, [b]the 1080 has only one ARC-enabled HDMI OUT[b] (number 1). You'd have to run a separate coax or TOSlink S/PDIF external audio line from the 2nd room TV to one of the Yamaha's audio inputs (NOT the audio input dedicated to HDMI-ARC from HDMI OUT 1). Then, if teh 2nd room speaker pair is connected to Zone 2, you'd play that 2nd-room-TV audio through Zone 2.

Or maybe I misunderstood.

Quote:

Generally subwoofers should not be applying their high-pass filter to an LFE connection via RCA from an AVR, but Yamaha is just covering their bases. Basically telling you to "defeat" (disable) the filter because the sub will ONLY be getting LFE (x.1) and ULF bass (if speakers are set to "small") and nothing need be filtered. The high-pass filters generally (I don't know this model) only apply to their passive, speaker wire inputs that get full-range audio from an amplifier, then pass only the non-bass content back through "SPKR OUT" speaker wire connections to conventional speakers. In your case you're connecting your AVR to an active, subwoofer-only input.

My two cents: try with the gain at 1/4 or 1/3 first. Keep nudging it up a smidgen if the YPAO sets the sub to +4, +6, etc ... until the AVR has the sub at about +2dB - 0dB. This means the AVR isn't having to artificially boost the sub channel to get it level-set, and the sub can make the most of its own amp. Then, leave the sub gain alone and use the AVR's subwoofer volume trim to increase or reduce the subwoofer.

“Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?” “Oh that's all right, Detective, we're married.”
Are you new to the forum? => Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. Respect our fine Moderators. And RTFM, always.

Last edited by ChromeJob; 12-15-2019 at 02:26 PM.
post #1617 of 2590 Old 12-15-2019, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks for the replies & explanations on my question, it makes more sense now.

One thing I should have asked in the first post, the subwoofer has a dial for Crossover with the option of set or none. The manual says

Crossover Set/None: Engages or bypasses the PV1000's built-in low-pass filter.

Should I set this to none if I want the receiver to have full control of the sub? Or leave it at Set?

Thanks

Last edited by rankinc; 12-15-2019 at 04:04 PM.
post #1618 of 2590 Old 12-15-2019, 05:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
Are you trying to get audio from the 2nd Room TV, connected to HDMI OUT 2, back via ARC? This won't work, [b]the 1080 has only one ARC-enabled HDMI OUT[b] (number 1). You'd have to run a separate coax or TOSlink S/PDIF external audio line from the 2nd room TV to one of the Yamaha's audio inputs (NOT the audio input dedicated to HDMI-ARC from HDMI OUT 1). Then, if teh 2nd room speaker pair is connected to Zone 2, you'd play that 2nd-room-TV audio through Zone 2.

Or maybe I misunderstood.
If I could explain the simple setup I had before the 1080. I connected the output of my STB To 2 TV's in different rooms through an HDMI splitter. I got video and audio at both TV's. With the 1080 my STB connects to HDMI AV2 in and then HDMI out 1 ARC goes to the Main rm TV, ARC HDMI input. There is no audio from the TV itself. It does not matter since I have 5.0 speaker set up and have full audio through the 1080. From 1080 HDMI out 2 I connect my 2nd room TV. I have video but no audio. Can I get audio form the 2nd room TV? If I could get audio like I did with my simple setup before the 1080 I could save Zone 2 for a different room with speakers. I hope this clarifies.
post #1619 of 2590 Old 12-16-2019, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quoted: 7110 Post(s)
Liked: 6980
Quote:
Thanks for the replies & explanations on my question, it makes more sense now.

One thing I should have asked in the first post, the subwoofer has a dial for Crossover with the option of set or none. The manual says

Crossover Set/None: Engages or bypasses the PV1000's built-in low-pass filter.

Should I set this to none if I want the receiver to have full control of the sub? Or leave it at Set?

Thanks
I was going to mention this after looking at the pic you posted. Yes, you want it set to NONE.

Sony XBR75X940D | Denon X4500H | Nvidia Shield | Synology NAS [52TB] | miniDSP 2x4 HD | TiVo Roamio
PSA MTM210 [x3] | Polk LS/fx [x4] | Klipsch RB61 [x2] | Crowson LvL3 MA [x2] | PSA TV42 Ipal [x2]
post #1620 of 2590 Old 12-16-2019, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Can anyone explain, or point me to directions, on how to set up the .1 in a 2.1 music setting?

I have the RX-A2080 with dual subs running from the LFE's, if that matters. Normal use is HT, but I would like to have the option to run the subs when listening to music only. Spotify would be the main source.

Is there a setting that allows me to push Low freq to the subwoofers for 2 channel music?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
bluetooth headphones , yamaha 1080

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page