Airplay intermittently drops with Onkyo tx-sr373 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-05-2018, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Airplay intermittently drops with Onkyo tx-sr373

As you know Onkyo TX-SR373 doesn't have Airplay. I was on a budget and already had an Apple TV 4K, so I thought I could settle on a less expensive model for my first home theatre.
I have to admit, so far it has been very frustrating but let me just focus on this one:
I have connected the Apple TV 4K to the receiver, and the receiver to the Sonya Bravia TV (ARC), both via 2.1 HDMI cables. Now, when I play something via airdrop, after a minute, more or less, it starts dropping intermittently with 2-3 seconds of silence in between.

I have studied the matter carefully, tried to isolate the problem by different means and I arrived at the conclusion that it is the receiver. For example, I have connected the Apple TV directly to the TV and there is no problem. Also, I have taken care of possible network glitches with, for example, disabling 2.4 GHz band on the router, connecting the Apple TV to the router with a cable, and so on.

You might ask, well, if you don't have a problem with connecting the Apple TV directly to the TV, using ARC, why bother connecting the Apple TV to the receiver.
Because I wish to play music with the TV turned off. Which is a big deal; imagine the need to keep a 65" display on in order to play a song. In my case, it ruins everything, to be honest.

I would appreciate any help, advice, or ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
airplay , airplay problems , apple tv 4k , Onkyo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page