Cornball name, I know, but it was that, or fraudyssey, and being a bit vain, I went with my name :P
I like the idea of the MultEQ app, but the execution left me wanting a bit more. I wanted to be able to precisely input my custom target curve points, rather than fiddling with a small touchscreen and/or an Android emulator. I wanted simple checkboxes, and I wanted all of the data on one screen, rather than having to flip through pages of a mobile-centric app. With some feedback and suggestions from the fine folks in the MultEQ app thread, I've done my best to make it happen.
Sometime tomorrow, when I've finished preliminary testing and cleaning up the UI a bit more, I'll be releasing an early test build of the program me and a few talented folks from Upwork have created. You'll be able to load in your .ady files, modify them by checking boxes and entering data, and saving the results (only to a new file for now, I don't want to mangle anyones files).
It's gonna be dangerous. You can alter fields which, I promise you, will completely break your .ady file. Don't change anything if you aren't really sure you know what it will do. Changing speaker sizes, crossovers, distances, levels, midrange compensation on/off, frequency cutoff, and target curve points and type, those should all be fine. Everything else is firmly in 'I wouldn't touch that, if I were you' territory.
I need testers. Load your .ady files into the program, change stuff, load the modified .ady file into the MultEQ app, and upload it to your receiver. I *hope* that nothing can be so broken by this program that a factory reset won't fix it, but I can't promise that. If you volunteer to test or decide to run the program, please do so with the understanding that you use the software at your own risk, and I make no promise that it won't break something. Again, it shouldn't break anything too badly, but if you put weird stuff in the fields or I messed up something I shouldn't have, there's a (small) chance of it hurting your receiver. If that's a scary thought to you, please hold off until the program has had some testing.
That said, I'm testing it on my SR8012 now, so I'm definitely putting my money where my mouth is
I'll post more details when the program is ready to be downloaded, and I'll make public a github repo with the source code, for folks who would prefer to compile it for themselves. PLEASE do feel free to suggest improvements, and please do report any bugs.
If someone wants to contribute or fork the project, by all means, I'd welcome the help.
Please do understand that this is my first Windows desktop program, and my first time wrangling extra help from Upwork. I chose the tech I did because I started a new job working with C# and wanted to throw something together for practice. I know the project probably could have been done in a more cross-platform fashion, but I needed to do this particular tech stack to gain experience. I'm very happy with the performance as well. With my ~23mb .ady file from a 7.2.4 calibration, the program only uses around 250mb of ram, and opens and saves the files very quickly.
As of right now, this is what it looks like:
Just a few UI elements to tweak, a few menu items to fix, plus I'm doing some preliminary testing of custom curves (lower left of the image) to make sure they're at least somewhat functional, and then I'll throw it out there for any brave early testers.