"Official" Yamaha RX-V*85/TSR-*850 Owners Thread - Page 32 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 253Likes

post #931 of 1022 Old 07-09-2019, 07:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyubohar View Post
There's an INFO button on the unit. Clicking on it browses through 3 modes of information for the display, one of which is audio format. Another is the active DSP and I don't remember what was the third.
Unbelievable, I looked the receiver photo on Yamaha site after you posted this, zoomed in, and boom, there it is lol. I looked at the actual receiver front before that and completely missed the INFO button.

Thanks for the help!
lyubohar likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 1022 Old 07-09-2019, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
6.1 spkr config?

Anybody know if the TSR-7850 supports a single surround rear channel?

I.e., if on a 7.1 soundtrack it would play SBR and SBL channels on a single rear surround. And possibly apply some processing to expand 5.1 to use a single rear speaker.
post #933 of 1022 Old 07-13-2019, 07:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 2008 Post(s)
Liked: 1068
Quote:
Originally Posted by abelincoln View Post
Anybody know if the TSR-7850 supports a single surround rear channel?

I.e., if on a 7.1 soundtrack it would play SBR and SBL channels on a single rear surround. And possibly apply some processing to expand 5.1 to use a single rear speaker.
In the newer models it’s 5.1, or 7.1, 6.1 is no more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekipper View Post
Unbelievable, I looked the receiver photo on Yamaha site after you posted this, zoomed in, and boom, there it is lol. I looked at the actual receiver front before that and completely missed the INFO button.

Thanks for the help!
It's the manual somewhere. Being able to search in a PDF helps.

"Sell crazy some place else -- we're all stocked up here."
Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
A: Yamaha RX-V775; Chromecast Audio; iPod Classic, Touch. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen, Samsung UN40ES6150.

Last edited by ChromeJob; 07-13-2019 at 08:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #934 of 1022 Old 07-13-2019, 11:23 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy HELP! Can't access any files from PC from My Yamaha reciever

I have spent the last 3 days literally pulling out my hair trying to get access to my windows 10 PC files from my new yamaha reciever. The model is a Yamaha RX-V685.

I've successfully connected the receiver to my PC's wifi (which by the way is at 100% signal strength). When i change the input of the receiver to SERVER mode I can see ALL of the folders on my PC. But strangely enough when i open ANY of them the receiver just tells me that there is "NO CONTENT" in them. I have changed all privacy and sharing options in my music folders to "public and share with anyone" on the PC end...I have even ticked "make all the media in my library available" on the network devices list on windows. I have even opened up windows media player and allowed all the streaming options to ON. yet I STILL cannot see any files appear on the SERVER when i use the reciever. starting to completely lose it now! It can't be this hard to just see files on a PC.

any help is much appreciated!
post #935 of 1022 Old 07-13-2019, 11:30 PM

EDIT: I have followed all the instructions on the yamaha manual and yes i made sure the files are compatible. they are all just mp3s and FLAC files. still nothing showing up when i browse the server using the reciever.
post #936 of 1022 Old 07-14-2019, 12:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 293
If you have the latest update for windows 10 then it is most likely Microsofts fault . The Fall update (that came late winter or spring) screwed up file sharing . I had the same problem with my laptop , which pushed was the last straw for me using Windows . I fixed it , but I can't explain how , and it wasn't a Yamaha receiver , but I searched "windows 10 file sharing problems" or something similar , and tried several of the solutions I found on multiple sites . If I remember correctly , they deprecated a sharing protocol , which a lot of other devices use because of a security vulnerability . While I appreciate securing my computer , killing the connection with many devices without giving people an option or clear instructions on how to fix the problem is inexcusable . If I have to edit the registry or write code I'll just move to linux where I expect to have to modify things , get better security , and don't have to worry about the OS upgrading while I'm in the middle of something that gets screwed up when they restart my computer.

Turn that $*!# UP!! --Beethoven
post #937 of 1022 Old 07-14-2019, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acras13 View Post
If you have the latest update for windows 10 then it is most likely Microsofts fault . The Fall update (that came late winter or spring) screwed up file sharing . I had the same problem with my laptop , which pushed was the last straw for me using Windows . I fixed it , but I can't explain how , and it wasn't a Yamaha receiver , but I searched "windows 10 file sharing problems" or something similar , and tried several of the solutions I found on multiple sites . If I remember correctly , they deprecated a sharing protocol , which a lot of other devices use because of a security vulnerability . While I appreciate securing my computer , killing the connection with many devices without giving people an option or clear instructions on how to fix the problem is inexcusable . If I have to edit the registry or write code I'll just move to linux where I expect to have to modify things , get better security , and don't have to worry about the OS upgrading while I'm in the middle of something that gets screwed up when they restart my computer.
damn...:C...if that is certainly the case would a NAS drive be a better idea for me then?
post #938 of 1022 Old 07-14-2019, 05:31 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy287 View Post
would a NAS drive be a better idea for me then?
buddy,

You don't need to buy a NAS just for this purpose. You could run WinNFSd on your Windows 10 system to share files via NFS.

wmcclain described it (for people using Oppo players).

https://watershade.net/wmcclain/UDP-...-on-windows-10

Carl
post #939 of 1022 Old 07-14-2019, 07:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Location: close to Milwaukee, WI but far enough from the hood!
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Im having an issue with the zone 2 line out level on my 7850. I am running a 5.1 in the main zone along with two zone 2’s. One is powered by the internal amp for my patio and one is powered by a T Amp fed by the zone 2 pre-outs. I’ve used this configuration with my previous Denon and it worked well. I could turn down the patio volume and turn on the T amp to control the second zone 2 volume with the amp. With this system, the level of the pre-outs seems to be controlled by the volume of the internal zone 2 amps such that I can’t get any volume on the second zone 2 when the patio zone 2 is turned down. Is there any way to remedy this? Anyone have a similar setup?
Thanks for any tips!
Pat
post #940 of 1022 Old 07-14-2019, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Is this the same as the Costco TSR 7850?
post #941 of 1022 Old 07-14-2019, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 5
I'm curious what volume level most people are listening to for movies in 5.1 surround. I have a Klipsch speaker setup and have been generally listening to movies in the -35 to -30 db range to get it loud enough to sound good. Is this a normal volume, or do I need better speakers?

For reference I have: 2x Klipsch R-610F Floorstanding Speaker, 1x Klipsch RP-400C Center Channel Speaker, 1x Klipsch Reference R-112SW Subwoofer, and 2x Klipsch R-41M surround bookshelf speakers.
post #942 of 1022 Old 07-14-2019, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by djxpress View Post
I'm curious what volume level most people are listening to for movies in 5.1 surround. I have a Klipsch speaker setup and have been generally listening to movies in the -35 to -30 db range to get it loud enough to sound good. Is this a normal volume, or do I need better speakers?

For reference I have: 2x Klipsch R-610F Floorstanding Speaker, 1x Klipsch RP-400C Center Channel Speaker, 1x Klipsch Reference R-112SW Subwoofer, and 2x Klipsch R-41M surround bookshelf speakers.
It's just a number. As long as your speakers aren't straining and you have room to turn it up further and it sounds good to you, it doesn't matter. We could call it from F+ to H++ for all it matters.
post #943 of 1022 Old 07-15-2019, 11:53 AM

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnshan View Post
Im having an issue with the zone 2 line out level on my 7850. I am running a 5.1 in the main zone along with two zone 2’s. One is powered by the internal amp for my patio and one is powered by a T Amp fed by the zone 2 pre-outs. I’ve used this configuration with my previous Denon and it worked well. I could turn down the patio volume and turn on the T amp to control the second zone 2 volume with the amp. With this system, the level of the pre-outs seems to be controlled by the volume of the internal zone 2 amps such that I can’t get any volume on the second zone 2 when the patio zone 2 is turned down. Is there any way to remedy this? Anyone have a similar setup?
Thanks for any tips!
Pat
The Yamaha designers apparently decided that the Zone2 preouts would never be used if one has configured Zone2 internal amps for use. I use Zone2 to power a pair of Klipchorns when I'm just listening to music. For me, this means the Zone2 preouts can never be used because the super efficient K-Horns would have to be blasting at ear-shattering levels.

The same applies to the Front L&R preouts. Sorry, but I also confirmed this with a Yamaha tech rep.
post #944 of 1022 Old 07-15-2019, 11:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Location: close to Milwaukee, WI but far enough from the hood!
Damn. Shows an incredible lack of forethought. Oh well, thanks for confirming this for me.
post #945 of 1022 Old 07-15-2019, 08:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 2008 Post(s)
Liked: 1068
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazepharmacist View Post
Is this the same as the Costco TSR 7850?
Take a look at post No. 51, which was originally the start of this thread.

"Sell crazy some place else -- we're all stocked up here."
Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
A: Yamaha RX-V775; Chromecast Audio; iPod Classic, Touch. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen, Samsung UN40ES6150.
post #946 of 1022 Old 07-17-2019, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Question TSR 7850 Delayed Audio when using HDMI ARC and Smart TV

I have recently cut the cord and now use Spectrum TV Choice Streaming Service. When I route audio from my TV to the Yamaha TSR7850 a delay is added to the audio of about 150 MSEC.

I assume this is due to receiver processing. There is no delay when the AUDIO is provided direct from the TV. When I enable ARC on the TV it is being delayed either by the TV (TCL 65) or more likely (IMO) in the receiver processing. The receiver has lip sync which will delay the audio, but that of course just adds to the problem.

Has anyone experienced this and what is available to remove the delay in the audio? I was thinking about using the optical link for audio from the TV to reciever, but if the ARC is delayed I suspect the optical link is as well. I would suspect this issue would have been experience by others as well.
post #947 of 1022 Old 07-17-2019, 01:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I don't have this receiver. But, did you verify that the default setting on the Lipsync function is 0ms? My (2007) receiver used to have a lip sync problem. It wasn't until I realized that the default value was greater than 0ms that I was able to correct it.
post #948 of 1022 Old 07-17-2019, 01:32 PM

Thanks. for the comment.

The Receiver can only delay the audio. My receiver is currently set to 0 Msec. I can change the value (increase above 0) which will add an additional delay which makes the issue worse.

Problem is, the audio is already lagging the video by about 150 Msec or so. If I increase the lip sync value the delay becomes even larger.

I do not think this can be solved in the receiver since it is only getting the audio via the HDMI ARC input and can only further delay the signal.

I posted this because I have to believe someone who uses streaming service direct to a TV and then routes the ARC audio from the TV to the audio receiver has observed this behavior and can provide some comments...??
post #949 of 1022 Old 07-17-2019, 02:00 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22169 Post(s)
Liked: 12040
post #950 of 1022 Old 07-17-2019, 02:07 PM

TSR 7850 Delayed Audio when using HDMI ARC and Smart TV

I have recently cut the cord and now use Spectrum TV Choice Streaming Service. When I route audio from my TV to the Yamaha TSR7850 a delay is added to the audio of about 150 MSEC.

I assume this is due to receiver processing. There is no delay when the AUDIO is provided direct from the TV. When I enable ARC on the TV it is being delayed either by the TV (TCL 65) or more likely (IMO) in the receiver processing. The receiver has lip sync which will delay the audio, but that of course just adds to the problem.

Has anyone experienced this and what is available to remove the delay in the audio? I was thinking about using the optical link for audio from the TV to reciever, but if the ARC is delayed I suspect the optical link is as well. I would suspect this issue would have been experience by others as well.
post #951 of 1022 Old 07-17-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
In the newer models it’s 5.1, or 7.1, 6.1 is no more.

It's the manual somewhere. Being able to search in a PDF helps.
I replaced my old Onkyo with the TSR7850 last Christmas. My video room includes a single rear speaker for my rear surround and I could not get the Yamaha surround system calibration to work with the remaining rear surround not wired. So I just connected an old desktop speaker and set it inside the audio equipment box. The calibration worked fine after that.
post #952 of 1022 Old 07-18-2019, 07:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Watters View Post

After reading your post I tested my 850 with my LG OLED C8. I used Plex to play a tv show with 5.1 DD from my Apple TV and then from my Smart TV's Plex. It took me several comparisons attempts to notice that you're right, in Simplink (LGs ARC feature) there's a very slight sync issue. I'm afraid I can't offer advice, but I did want to confirm that even a higher end TV processor has a lip sync issue.

I'll be watching for solutions, too.
post #953 of 1022 Old 07-23-2019, 12:36 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi I have had this receiver and for a few months and worked flawlessly.. recently I’m getting no sound. Tv is a Vizio m65. Receiver is a Yamaha tsr-7850. I’ve tried the connecting via hdmi 1 through receiver and tried connecting directly to tv and audio to the receiver via hdmi 2. If I connect the video and audio separately I get sound until I switch to hdmi 4 (which the bluray is connected to) so I can have sound but no video. I was able to get everything working for one movie (ready player one) after I performed an update on both the player/receiver. but after I turned it off and tried to watch the next day same thing video but no sound. I’ve reset my the player countless times. Left it unplugged for a couple hours. Run through setups with arc on and off. I do get sound when connecting the player directly through the tv and using the TVs digital out to the receiver. But then I get no Dolby Atmos. Only this I can think of is a handshake issue between the player/receiver. If it helps my Xbox one x and PlayStation 4 work flawlessly with no issues. tried switching out cables and still nothing. Any ideas?
post #954 of 1022 Old 07-23-2019, 06:46 PM

Will this receiver work with an old 1080p Vizio from around 2007 that does not have ARC?

I have it connected via HDMI from the hdmi 1 (arc output) on the avr to hdmi 1 on my tv. My cable box is connected to the hdmi (labeled set top box) on the avr and works fine.
but I have my LG UBK90 4k uhd bluray player connected via hdmi to hdmi 1 input (labeled movie) on the avr and I get video but no sound. it's very weird because when I first play a chapter of a movie, I will get sound for a second or two and then it cuts out. I'm not sure what's wrong. When I had this exact same avr connected to my upstair lg c9 I had no issues with this bluray player.

Do I need to use optical cables?
post #955 of 1022 Old 07-24-2019, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazepharmacist View Post
Will this receiver work with an old 1080p Vizio from around 2007 that does not have ARC?

I have it connected via HDMI from the hdmi 1 (arc output) on the avr to hdmi 1 on my tv. My cable box is connected to the hdmi (labeled set top box) on the avr and works fine.
but I have my LG UBK90 4k uhd bluray player connected via hdmi to hdmi 1 input (labeled movie) on the avr and I get video but no sound...
2 things to try:

Go into the HDMI audio settings in the LG UBK90, make sure HDMI audio is being sent to the proper HDMI output.

You can also go into the LG UBK90 player's audio settings and for Digital Audio select PCM if it's not selected. See if that fixes your issue.

Vizio M75-E1 - Yamaha RX-V2085 - Polk LSIM703s/704 - RSL Speedwoofer 10s - AppleTV 4K - Roku Ultra - Harmony Ultimate 1
post #956 of 1022 Old 07-24-2019, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyungmin View Post
Hi I have had this receiver and for a few months and worked flawlessly.. recently I’m getting no sound. Tv is a Vizio m65. Receiver is a Yamaha tsr-7850. I’ve tried the connecting via hdmi 1 through receiver and tried connecting directly to tv and audio to the receiver via hdmi 2. If I connect the video and audio separately I get sound until I switch to hdmi 4 (which the bluray is connected to) so I can have sound but no video. I was able to get everything working for one movie (ready player one) after I performed an update on both the player/receiver. but after I turned it off and tried to watch the next day same thing video but no sound. I’ve reset my the player countless times. Left it unplugged for a couple hours. Run through setups with arc on and off. I do get sound when connecting the player directly through the tv and using the TVs digital out to the receiver. But then I get no Dolby Atmos. Only this I can think of is a handshake issue between the player/receiver. If it helps my Xbox one x and PlayStation 4 work flawlessly with no issues. tried switching out cables and still nothing. Any ideas?
I have the same problem. When I shut the FULL HDR off on my tv then I get video. When I turn the full hdr on I get sound but no video.
This is driving me nuts.
post #957 of 1022 Old 07-24-2019, 10:07 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 4864 Post(s)
Liked: 3607
People having an issue with HDR should consider contacting Yamaha to see if they are working on an upcoming firmware correction for it.
ChromeJob likes this.
post #958 of 1022 Old 07-24-2019, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy287 View Post
I have spent the last 3 days literally pulling out my hair trying to get access to my windows 10 PC files from my new yamaha reciever. The model is a Yamaha RX-V685.

I've successfully connected the receiver to my PC's wifi (which by the way is at 100% signal strength). When i change the input of the receiver to SERVER mode I can see ALL of the folders on my PC. But strangely enough when i open ANY of them the receiver just tells me that there is "NO CONTENT" in them. I have changed all privacy and sharing options in my music folders to "public and share with anyone" on the PC end...I have even ticked "make all the media in my library available" on the network devices list on windows. I have even opened up windows media player and allowed all the streaming options to ON. yet I STILL cannot see any files appear on the SERVER when i use the reciever. starting to completely lose it now! It can't be this hard to just see files on a PC.

any help is much appreciated!
I have Win 7 and I installed server software ... Windows Media Player is crap at serving. I downloaded and installed the free "Servio" software, set it up, and I can access all my various audio media from my receiver, set up playlists etc.

I think I can also access audio files via my routers PCLAN option which shows up as well.

Don't know if Win 10 handles it differently than Win 7, but I hate Win 10 so not "upgrading" lol.

Good luck
post #959 of 1022 Old 07-25-2019, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woofwoof09 View Post
I have Win 7 and I installed server software ... Windows Media Player is crap at serving. I downloaded and installed the free "Servio" software, set it up, and I can access all my various audio media from my receiver, set up playlists etc.

I think I can also access audio files via my routers PCLAN option which shows up as well.

Don't know if Win 10 handles it differently than Win 7, but I hate Win 10 so not "upgrading" lol.

Good luck

OMG THIS WORKED!! You're a GENIUS!
THANKS HEAPS!
post #960 of 1022 Old 07-26-2019, 12:38 AM

the tsr 7850 can do 7.1.2 or 5.1.4, correct?

What about bi-amping? Can you bi-amp your two front channels with this receiver? If so, does that limit the max surround sound channel output?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
bluetooth , hdmi 2.1 , multicast , rx-v385 , rx-v685 , wx-021 , Yamaha , yamaha reciever streaming network 685 , yamaha rx , yamaha tsr-7850

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page