"OFFICIAL" 2018 Marantz AV7705 Owner's Thread - Page 21 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 121Likes

post #601 of 632 Old 09-17-2019, 09:38 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Liked: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex_Thai View Post
^^^^^^^^^
Sal1950,
Your response above is all that I hate about this forum and I am outta here.
Shame your avatar is my favorite musician, just makes your crappy answer suck even more. There is no DISLIKE button, too bad.
God Bless,
Wayne
Sorry you have such distaste for the science of High Fidelity.
I don't understand it, but sorry none the less.
How can we ever advance the SOTA if we don't use repeatable, verifiable means to come to conclusions?
Cent' Anni

Sony XBR75-X940D, Sony UBP-X800M2 UHD-BD, Xfinity X1 Voice DVR, Marantz AV-7703 Pre/Pro w/Auro, (3) Adcom GFA-545II amps, (2) Adcom GFA-535II amps for ATMOS speakers.
HSU Research 5.2 speaker system (4) HB-1 MK2, (1) HC-1 MK2, (2) STF-2,
Klipsch HT500 satellites (4) for ceiling mounted ATMOS playback
DIY Linux desktop w/Strawberry bit perfect media center. Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 632 Old 09-17-2019, 05:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1098 Post(s)
Liked: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal1950 View Post
IMO, No.. There's been a number of measurements done over on the AudioScienceReview site that showed neither the 8805 or a 7701 were delivering SOTA numbers, near identical in fact. (1) I would be willing to bet money that in a bias controlled, level matched DBT you couldn't tell one from the other.
I think jdsmoothie hit's the nail on the head with,

(2) "if you don't ever expect to go beyond 11CH processing and also won't need HDMI 2.1 for at least a few more years, get the AV7705 and enjoy."

(1) While it may seem virtuous and insightful to refer to double blind tests; valid, peer reviewed DBT's are almost never performed. Calling for a DBT or referring to a DBT that doesn't and won't exist, is often a way to cutoff discussion, and frankly serves no purpose. Those who call for double blind tests either need to perform the test and submit the results for review, or fund the performance of the test by someone else.

- Just a few requirements for broadly applicable DBT's:

o Hearing tests for participants

o Training for participants

o Agreement on equipment used - it has to be excellent

o Agreement on room treatments

o Agreement on content used

o .1dB level matching

o One test subject at a time, no time limit, subject controls what ever switching between sources is required

o And on, and on, on.

Valid DBT's are hard to do, and can be expensive and time consuming, but very easy to mention in a post.

(2) Frankly, JD is pretty-much always correct; frustrating actually.
post #603 of 632 Old 09-17-2019, 06:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 2122 Post(s)
Liked: 2299
I am having problems with my remote not working - it has to do with the angle of my couch relative to my 7705. Apparently the remote doesn’t work well unless you are at close to a 90 degree angle. I am more like at a 40-50 degree angle. Is there some solution I could use to get better remote coverage?

Thanks
Ray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #604 of 632 Old 09-17-2019, 06:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
In the not so distant future, we should have a MN GTG to pull out my QSC test rig and video the event and post it online for AVS members to read. It's one thing to read about it. It's another to see and experience it real time. As another valuable experience, if people want to take a pilgrimage to the Northridge facility, I am positive I could coordinate a group to come out and test speakers. It's a fun and an eye opening experience. I could type all the words I want. But it's the real life experiences that solidifies your opinions. Now back to the 7705.
Count me in for a GTG or audio pilgrimage!! My 'mostly retired' status gives me a lot of flexibility..
SteveH likes this.

Wyatt
post #605 of 632 Old 09-17-2019, 10:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked: 1172
there is a new firmware update for the AV 7705 any insights? [beyond the generic "better stability...etc] I disabled automatic update so a massage had been popped up today..

De sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!

Attention, don't read my posts if you're a snowflake or easily offended.

The Hun
post #606 of 632 Old 09-17-2019, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 739 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22585 Post(s)
Liked: 12291
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post
there is a new firmware update for the AV 7705 any insights? [beyond the generic "better stability...etc] I disabled automatic update so a massage had been popped up today..
HEOS bug fixes. I got the alert on my phone first when the HEOS app was being updated and then all of the HEOS speakers and AVR were shown as being updated as well.
post #607 of 632 Old 09-17-2019, 10:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguyca View Post
(1) While it may seem virtuous and insightful to refer to double blind tests; valid, peer reviewed DBT's are almost never performed. Calling for a DBT or referring to a DBT that doesn't and won't exist, is often a way to cutoff discussion, and frankly serves no purpose.
actually asking other people one never met to be their ear and brain in a room they never been, along with speakers they might never auditioned before, and on and on... just what purpose that would serve? maybe to witness the endless possibilities of the human imagination?

The Hun
post #608 of 632 Old 09-17-2019, 10:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
HEOS bug fixes. I got the alert on my phone first when the HEOS app was being updated and then all of the HEOS speakers and AVR were shown as being updated as well.
oh goodie, maybe that restores the issues I had with Heos I reported a few pages back? we shall see...

SteveH likes this.

The Hun
post #609 of 632 Old 09-17-2019, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
I am having problems with my remote not working - it has to do with the angle of my couch relative to my 7705. Apparently the remote doesn’t work well unless you are at close to a 90 degree angle. I am more like at a 40-50 degree angle. Is there some solution I could use to get better remote coverage?

Thanks
Ray
As noted on p. 9 of the Owner's manual, the operating range should be at least +/- 30 degrees off center although with Denon AVRs I've generally been able to go as far as 70-80 degrees as well as pointing it to the back wall.

Try replacing the remote batteries with fresh batteries. Otherwise, perhaps consider using an IR repeater (see below example). You could also consider using the 2016 Marantz Remote app (iOS/Android) as well.

https://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products...rum-convert-20
post #610 of 632 Old 09-18-2019, 03:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 1226 Post(s)
Liked: 1836
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
I will say, the HEOS app has come a looooooooooooong way from the early days. Early on, it was pathetic. The remaining frustration is that some customers want Amazon music service or Apple Music. That's a show stopper for some. Barring that, the HEOS platform it what I love most about Denon and Marantz. Well other than the product works without the annoying bugs that most boutique brands have. Those brands have about 1/90th (that's not a typo) of engineering resources. i.e. normally 3 engineers for the boutique brands versus 275 engineers for Marantz and Denon.

For those who have the 7705 and haven't bother trying it. Give it a try. If you have Spotify, you jump outside of the HEOS app and still have full feature control (and why I ditched Tidal for Spotify).
Martin_320 likes this.

Steve (Owner) Sound Video
post #611 of 632 Old 09-18-2019, 07:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

This update didn't fix my problem at all regarding Heos, still no sound via that input, all other functions works as it should in the app or OS. Did the soft reset, the network reset, and processor reset, no change. The only thing left is the full factory reset to the original FW, but probably won't bother with that. Pity.

The Hun
post #612 of 632 Old 09-18-2019, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
I will say, the HEOS app has come a looooooooooooong way from the early days. Early on, it was pathetic. The remaining frustration is that some customers want Amazon music service or Apple Music. That's a show stopper for some. Barring that, the HEOS platform it what I love most about Denon and Marantz. Well other than the product works without the annoying bugs that most boutique brands have. Those brands have about 1/90th (that's not a typo) of engineering resources. i.e. normally 3 engineers for the boutique brands versus 275 engineers for Marantz and Denon.

For those who have the 7705 and haven't bother trying it. Give it a try. If you have Spotify, you jump outside of the HEOS app and still have full feature control (and why I ditched Tidal for Spotify).
Sounds cool -- I'm looking forward to trying out the HEOS on mine.

By the way, I've had my new AV7705 for about two weeks, and up to now I've just been checking all the basics -- ie all the sound modes and speaker & bass management settings etc.

For the past 10 years I'd been using an Onkyo PR-SC886 processor, and even though that had a toroidal transformer (and this Marantz doesn't) the sound of the new Marantz is definitely an upgrade.

First impressions: More low/mid 'body'; and cleaner treble with less 'glare' than the Onkyo. The fronts, surrounds & center together present a more seamless soundstage, and the large sub seems much better integrated too -- apart from the "Multi-Ch Stereo" mode which seems to perform bass-management only for the front L/R channels - see my posts above. Fortunately, with the other surround modes (Dolby Surround etc.) the redirected bass is correctly taken from all the channels to the sub and seems to be perfectly 'in balance' with the hi-passed fronts, center & surrounds.

Also, unlike with the Onkyo, now I can actually get enough low-bass energy coming from my Tannoy floorstanders when I set to 'Large' -- so I don't even need my subwoofer in the mix anymore when playing music.

In terms of the material/content that I'm putting through my system, I'm mainly listening to music via my 'Dune HD' network media player. I have a pretty large FLAC collection residing on Ethernet-connected network hard-drives, which are streamed via the Dune into the AV7705 as LPCM over HDMI, including lossless 2ch & 5.1ch 24bit/96KHz, and even some music in 5.1ch 192KHz resolution. So far I'm quite impressed.

ps. My system:
~ Power Amp: Rotel RMB-1075 (5ch)
~ Speakers: Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6T series (complete set for 5.1) -- see attached promo pic...
~ Subwoofer: BK Electronics "Monolith Plus", 500watt RMS downward-firing version
~ Crossovers, either: 80Hz all around; OR: Front L/R set to "Large" (Center & Surrounds set to 80Hz).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tannoy_Rev_Sig.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	2617188  

Last edited by Martin_320; 09-18-2019 at 10:23 AM.
post #613 of 632 Old 09-18-2019, 08:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
(1) While it may seem virtuous and insightful to refer to double blind tests; valid, peer reviewed DBT's are almost never performed. Calling for a DBT or referring to a DBT that doesn't and won't exist, is often a way to cutoff discussion, and frankly serves no purpose. Those who call for double blind tests either need to perform the test and submit the results for review, or fund the performance of the test by someone else.

Yes DBT are difficult to do in an accurate manner, though not next to impossible as you imply.
OTOH, The human brain and it's perceptions are the easiest thing in the world to fool, so sighted proclamations "frankly serve no purpose" if your interested in a accurate conclusion.
No one is ever even close to "always correct" with a uncontrolled sighted method, unless the differences are very large.

Sony XBR75-X940D, Sony UBP-X800M2 UHD-BD, Xfinity X1 Voice DVR, Marantz AV-7703 Pre/Pro w/Auro, (3) Adcom GFA-545II amps, (2) Adcom GFA-535II amps for ATMOS speakers.
DIY Linux desktop w/Strawberry bit perfect media center. Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC
post #614 of 632 Old 09-21-2019, 08:09 AM

Unhappy

This forum / thread is dead. Why is that?
post #615 of 632 Old 09-21-2019, 08:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1098 Post(s)
Liked: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_320 View Post
This forum / thread is dead. Why is that?

It's interesting that this question arises occasionally on a Marantz AV770X thread. My usual answer applied to the AV7705 is typically:

The AV7705 doesn't cost enough. The similar Marantz AV8805 costs twice a much and gets the glory. To many people a higher price in itself is better; an upfront confirmation of a good decision.

An AV7705 is likely (IMNVHO) to be purchased by someone who wants to just use it, not talk about it.

The AV770X series isn't announced far ahead of when it begins shipping. This eliminates the period of anticipation. There are products discussed on this forum that were pre-announced a year or more before they first shipped. Some of these products are still at version .9 since all promised features have not been delivered. This situation generates a lot of posts.

Promised enhancements such the firmware upgrade to eARC are delivered as promised, not delayed for years. This timely delivery on promises means that dozens of potential speculation and complaint posts are missing.

The AV770X series has a history of trouble free operation so posts describing problems are few.

Marantz makes technical improvements in the AV7705 every year, but chooses not to market based based on those improvements. Better resistors, larger capacitors, a better transistor in the trigger circuit, a new volume control, and other technical improvements have made the performance of the AV770X series better overtime, but aren't naturals for marketing campaigns. It is to Marantz's credit that these steady stream of improvements occur.
645824, dwaleke and Martin_320 like this.
post #616 of 632 Old 09-21-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
It's interesting that this question arises occasionally on a Marantz AV770X thread. My usual answer applied to the AV7705 is typically:

The AV7705 doesn't cost enough. The similar Marantz AV8805 costs twice a much and gets the glory. To many people a higher price in itself is better; an upfront confirmation of a good decision.

An AV7705 is likely (IMNVHO) to be purchased by someone who wants to just use it, not talk about it.

The AV770X series isn't announced far ahead of when it begins shipping. This eliminates the period of anticipation. There are products discussed on this forum that were pre-announced a year or more before they first shipped. Some of these products are still at version .9 since all promised features have not been delivered. This situation generates a lot of posts.

Promised enhancements such the firmware upgrade to eARC are delivered as promised, not delayed for years. This timely delivery on promises means that dozens of potential speculation and complaint posts are missing.

The AV770X series has a history of trouble free operation so posts describing problems are few.

Marantz makes technical improvements in the AV7705 every year, but chooses not to market based based on those improvements. Better resistors, larger capacitors, a better transistor in the trigger circuit, a new volume control, and other technical improvements have made the performance of the AV770X series better overtime, but aren't naturals for marketing campaigns. It is to Marantz's credit that these steady stream of improvements occur.
It's the law of diminishing returns regarding sound quality, coupled with the obsolescence that happens every few years. I have a perfectly good Rotel RSP1066 processor sitting a closet -- which I retired a decade ago due to lack of HDMI.
And in another closet right now is an Onkyo PR-SC886 (with one dead channel), which would otherwise also become obsolete, once I replace my obsolete Samsung HD TV with a 4K one.
This Marantz processor I hope will last me at least five years, hopefully more.
I don't see any point in spending more than about 2,000euros for such a unit, when double the price will only improve SQ slightly, if at all..
post #617 of 632 Old 09-27-2019, 09:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_320 View Post
And in another closet right now is an Onkyo PR-SC886 (with one dead channel), which would otherwise also become obsolete, once I replace my obsolete Samsung HD TV with a 4K one.
This Marantz processor I hope will last me at least five years, hopefully more.
I recently replaced my 2-decade old Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV with the AV7705 and an external amp...and couldn't be happier. The Pioneer headphone jack was "quirky" (maybe that's why it was a floor model ~20-years ago), and I was glad to get rid of it for that alone...though it did grand duty in my 5.1 system.

BTW, the change *was* driven by the move to 4k, exactly as you state!

I, too, hope the AV7705 "lasts" for a few years.

Cheers, and good luck!

Main: Marantz AV7705, D-Sonic M3a-2800-7, Oppo BDP-105D, Sony UBP-X700, DirecTV, LG C8 OLED TV; L/R: Ascend Sierria 2s; C/SL/SR/SW: older Energy series speakers (EC-200/RVSSx2/ES-12)
Headphone Only: Desktop-->Teac UD-301 DAC -->Schiit Mjolinir Amp-->Sennheiser HD800
post #618 of 632 Old 09-27-2019, 09:40 PM
DAK

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophool View Post

Had a AV7701 and loved it, hoped it would last forever.
After only a couple years, upgraded my display to 4K HDR, so I had to also upgrade to a AV7705. Love it, hope it will last forever.
But I just installed 6 Atmos speakers, for 7.2.6... so now I gotta upgrade again, maybe this time to a AV8805?
Ouch. Didn't even get a year out of my 7705.
I'm sure this next one will last forever.
audiophool likes this.
post #619 of 632 Old 09-28-2019, 02:21 PM

Quote:
I recently replaced my 2-decade old Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV with the AV7705 and an external amp...and couldn't be happier. The Pioneer headphone jack was "quirky" (maybe that's why it was a floor model ~20-years ago), and I was glad to get rid of it for that alone...though it did grand duty in my 5.1 system.

Cheers, and good luck!
Thanks!
I was also looking for a reason to justify replacing my old Onkyo -- and a crackling front-left channel did that for me :-)

Now been spending many hours this week "re-discovering" my CDs, DVD-As, concert Blurays and hirez FLAC collections.

They sound 'fuller', warmer, and more enveloping than they ever did with the Onkyo.

Pic of my system attached...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190928_230301046.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	956.1 KB
ID:	2621130  
audiophool likes this.

Last edited by Martin_320; 09-28-2019 at 03:10 PM.
post #620 of 632 Old 09-28-2019, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK View Post
I'm sure this next one will last forever.
May I use that line? "But, honey..."

7.1.6 = nice!

Main: Marantz AV7705, D-Sonic M3a-2800-7, Oppo BDP-105D, Sony UBP-X700, DirecTV, LG C8 OLED TV; L/R: Ascend Sierria 2s; C/SL/SR/SW: older Energy series speakers (EC-200/RVSSx2/ES-12)
Headphone Only: Desktop-->Teac UD-301 DAC -->Schiit Mjolinir Amp-->Sennheiser HD800
post #621 of 632 Old 09-28-2019, 07:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
May I use that line? "But, honey..."
Haven't you already beaten that horse to a bloody pulp already? I know I did at least 25 years ago.

post #622 of 632 Old 09-29-2019, 04:27 AM

Quote:

Hi Steve,
I've just installed HEOS in my phone and it detects the AV7705.

Now what I want it to do is this:

I want HEOS to losslessly push/stream whatever is playing through the Marantz wirelessly over to my networked Windows PC in my home studio.
My PC audio architecture is thus: ASIO 24bit Windows sound driver => Presonus 24bit 44VSL interface/pre-amp => KRK Rokit 6 active studio monitors (stereo pair).

My wished for scenario:
Say, when the Marantz is playing a flac (from the Dune media player over HDMI) in the main living room, and then I walk to the other side of the house to my studio, my PC would be playing the same thing losslessly and perfectly synchronised with the AV7705 (with no lag/latency) through the KRK monitors.

Can HEOS do that for me?

Grateful for your advice!
post #623 of 632 Old 09-29-2019, 10:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I thought Heos[in the Av7705] is for "receiving" from computers and other devices but not "sending" . I could be wrong though....

The Hun
post #624 of 632 Old 10-03-2019, 01:21 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Guys, my first post, which is a question of course…

Given a 5.1 source and “Pure Direct” mode, can I instruct the 7705 to upmix to 5.1.4 or 7.1.4?

(I riffled through the thread: there’ve been some reference to the subject matter, but I’d still appreciate a direct response before purchasing equipment).

Background:
* My sound source is Netflix (5.1), generated off a Sony G8000X TV, which is fitted with ARC, not supporting Atmos (I’m in Thailand, where I currently can’t find a 43” with eARC).

* The TV signal will be transmitted over HDMI to the 7705 (ARC <-> ARC).

* I plan on expanding 2.2 active Genelc monitors and subs to 5.2.4. The 7705 will feed the relevant channels into one sub, which will bass-manage the signals and then pass the processed signal to the other monitors and sub (high/low filters). The heights won’t be bass-managed for lack of I/O on the sub (it supports up 7.1 and daisy chaining with other subs).

* The 7705 will be set to Pure Direct mode, and the system calibrated with the Genelec software/adapter (GLM 3.0).

Is upmixing 5.1 to 5.1.4 or 7.1.4 possible?
If so, will it offer a pleasant experience? Or should I stay with 5.1 until I can source a TV with eARC?

Thanks for any input or insight.
post #625 of 632 Old 10-03-2019, 06:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoveringBit View Post
Guys, my first post, which is a question of course…

Given a 5.1 source and “Pure Direct” mode, can I instruct the 7705 to upmix to 5.1.4 or 7.1.4?
Nope. DIRECT and PURE DIRECT both disable Audyssey and bass management and simply pass the source signal as is, therefore 5.1 ---> 5.1 with all speakers treated as LARGE.
post #626 of 632 Old 10-04-2019, 08:34 AM

I read somewhere since using RCA in short footage (Arround 7 feet) is the same as using an XLR, I currently use 1 meter RCA, I ask you, if I use XLR will I have any advantage over short distances?

Another question I find interesting, what is the difference between Marantz 7705 vs Marantz 8012 Vs Marantz 7013 compared to pre-out outputs / overall sound quality?

In audioholics they commented that the AVRs the amplifier is always connected to the pre out outputs, so do not exceed 2v, I wonder what the impact of separating and using the 7705 vs 8012 vs 7013?
post #627 of 632 Old 10-04-2019, 09:17 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabiocz View Post
I read somewhere since using RCA in short footage (Arround 7 feet) is the same as using an XLR, I currently use 1 meter RCA, I ask you, if I use XLR will I have any advantage over short distances?

Another question I find interesting, what is the difference between Marantz 7705 vs Marantz 8012 Vs Marantz 7013 compared to pre-out outputs / overall sound quality?

In audioholics they commented that the AVRs the amplifier is always connected to the pre out outputs, so do not exceed 2v, I wonder what the impact of separating and using the 7705 vs 8012 vs 7013?
All of this is exactly what I’ve been trying to figure out too as I am getting my new home theater setup slowly while the house is being built!

😎It's just life, dude. We are all gonna die sometime--Might as well try and have a kickass time while we're still here.😜
post #628 of 632 Old 10-07-2019, 04:34 AM

Bi-Amp configuration

I want to run my system Bi-Amped however there is not really any useful information as to configuring the preamp outputs in the manual. For instance, I assume the main L&R are high, and the second outputs are low? And how do you set up the crossover? Maybe each channel is full range with the expectation that the speakers crossover will do the work.. but that doesn't make sense as the goal is to not amplify signals that are not needed.

Has anyone used this feature?
post #629 of 632 Old 10-07-2019, 05:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I want to run my system Bi-Amped however there is not really any useful information as to configuring the preamp outputs in the manual. For instance, I assume the main L&R are high, and the second outputs are low? And how do you set up the crossover? Maybe each channel is full range with the expectation that the speakers crossover will do the work.. but that doesn't make sense as the goal is to not amplify signals that are not needed.

Has anyone used this feature?
The reason why using the AVP's bi-amp mode provides no real benefit (ie. same signal is passed to both sets of pre-outs).
post #630 of 632 Old 10-13-2019, 03:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked: 690
Current 7704 owner here, but looking at the 7705. My 7704 is out for warranty repair and it's taking forever. Not too happy with Marantz's customer support, but I still find myself looking at one of their products. Anyone upgrade to the 7705 from the 7704 and notice any difference? The specs look about the same with a few changes.

Routh Family Theater - My Dedicated Home Theater Build - 7.1.4 Atmos Setup
Seymour AV 100" Electronic Masking Screen - Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II's, RS-52 II's, CDT-5650 II-C x 4 - PSA V3600I Sub
Marantz AV7704 with TK421 Modification - Panasonic UBD 820
Emotiva XPA -7 & XPA-5 - Sony XBR-75x940c with Ideal-Lume Panelight (Living Room)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page