"OFFICIAL" 2018 Marantz AV7705 Owner's Thread - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 120Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #121 of 632 Old 01-27-2019, 05:48 AM
Senior Member
 
audiomanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccur View Post
Well, I'm close. I have the AV 7704, a Rotel RMB 1075 and B&W Nautilus 805 speakers. Before the 7704, I had the AV 7005 for many years. Honestly, I can't tell you if their all a perfect match. I like it, but I doubt I would know the difference if I was using another prepro with my amp and speakers. I like the 7704 because of the features and ease of use.
Thanks for your comments Maccur. Nice setup you have there. I just ordered the Marantz AV7705 yesterday. Hope it lives up to all that I have read about it and more. Soundwise I mean.

audiomanz
audiomanz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 632 Old 01-27-2019, 01:18 PM
Member
 
mars2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 16
HDMI issue

Have had several Hi end/flagship Marantz av products 8802a, 7704, Denon top of line receiver from that time period. Only repair ever needed was with the HDMI board in 8802a. Fixed/replaced under warranty. Not sure if anyone mentioned this in past posts but fixed some video issues, hdmi handshake sort of things by going to cables specifically designated "premium" high speed cables. Don't know the ins and outs of labeling conventions for cables like this but as standards change often and those changes are very specifically about the the amount of data transversing those lines it pays to be careful. Oppo support clocked the handshake issue with 8802 when I complained about the inability to lock onto signals coming into and out of a BDP103 but never from a much cheaper Samsung product which always worked. The better unit was just more finicky about the interconnect.

Shopping 7705 v 8805 most important difference for me would be the ability(future) to pass the HDMI 2.1 standard as 8k is on horizon. 2nd tier consideration would be the balanced inputs. However at more than twice the cost.....Hmmmm have to think about it. The DACS for surrounds less important as I use a Lumin D2 streamer which is the driver for the balanced input question. The Lumin crushes the Marantz in decoding hi rez files and allows for Roon. Further it crushed an Oppo BDP 203 which also supported Roon.
It was when I added the Lumin to my 7704 that I found out how really really good the Marantz as a preamp was. For power I was using ATI AT544NC and AT543NC and the combination of those components was the best system I had ever put together....ever.... by a mile. Absolutely holographic and musical. That includes some pretty expensive Bryston power.

My primary system use is 2 channel music files. However now that some important music (Pink Floyd REM Allman Bros) is being remastered for surround/with and without atmos, the better dacs in the 8805 might support the rational for spending those extra bucks.

Best all
mars2k is offline  
post #123 of 632 Old 01-29-2019, 03:42 AM
Senior Member
 
audiomanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Hi all,

Quick question. Does this preamp produce a lot of heat? Do I need to purchase one of those cooling fans? It will be going in a cabinet with approximately 3 inches of space for airflow.

audiomanz
audiomanz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #124 of 632 Old 01-29-2019, 04:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thehun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Leftardia Kommiefornia
Posts: 9,760
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1157 Post(s)
Liked: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomanz View Post
Hi all,

Quick question. Does this preamp produce a lot of heat? Do I need to purchase one of those cooling fans? It will be going in a cabinet with approximately 3 inches of space for airflow.

audiomanz
No. I came from the Integra brand which was notorious on this issue, and the 7705 is cool as a cucumber compared to that.

De sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!

Attention, don't read my posts if you're a snowflake or easily offended.

The Hun
thehun is online now  
post #125 of 632 Old 01-29-2019, 06:41 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Selden Ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 14,826
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4808 Post(s)
Liked: 2848
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomanz View Post
Hi all,

Quick question. Does this preamp produce a lot of heat? Do I need to purchase one of those cooling fans? It will be going in a cabinet with approximately 3 inches of space for airflow.

audiomanz
Three inches probably is not enough. The cooler you can keep electronics, the longer it'll last. AC Infinity fan systems are very popular here on AVS.

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
Selden Ball is offline  
post #126 of 632 Old 01-29-2019, 12:06 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,533
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6662 Post(s)
Liked: 6647
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubs75 View Post
This is very frustrating knowing I just purchased the AV7705 only 6-weeks ago and I will now need to send it out for repair!!!!! My Denon AVR5800 is still kicking after 18 years!!!!!!
Happens to all products, every once in while you can have a defect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomanz View Post
Hi all. I would like to share that I placed my order for the Marantz AV7705. It should be here hopefully next Saturday. It will be my first preamp by Marantz.
Welcome to the club, I think you will find it as great, cost effective unit ! My Marantz AV7702 is still running strong
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #127 of 632 Old 01-29-2019, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,960
Mentioned: 739 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22561 Post(s)
Liked: 12279
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomanz View Post
Hi all,

Quick question. Does this preamp produce a lot of heat? Do I need to purchase one of those cooling fans? It will be going in a cabinet with approximately 3 inches of space for airflow.

audiomanz
Most of the heat is generated by the video card (not by the amps on the AVR models), therefore same issue applies with the pre/pros in that without sufficient ventilation, it may get warm. As Selden indicates 3" may be insufficient. If the top feels more than warm to the touch, consider purchasing an external cooling fan (eg. AC Infinity AirCom T8 (rear exhaust).
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #128 of 632 Old 01-29-2019, 01:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Question for all of you 7705 owners and aficionados. I’m graduating from a 7005 (I know big leap). What’s the best thing new about this unit (say 7702MK2 and on), how do you like the Audyssey Editor (does it really dial in the XT32 and allow us to take out its funky settings), is the new IMAX thing just DTS:X with some DSP added on top for marketing, and any known systemic issues? Looking forward to going from 2010 to 2019, however I gotta say, that 7005 did me well through the years.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
FOHTech is offline  
post #129 of 632 Old 01-29-2019, 04:20 PM
Senior Member
 
audiomanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Happens to all products, every once in while you can have a defect.

Welcome to the club, I think you will find it as great, cost effective unit ! My Marantz AV7702 is still running strong
Thanks Cleveland Plasma. I decided to take the plunge over the Rotel RSP 1576. Just more of what I needed on the Marantz like Dolby Vision, HLG, various Dolby height modes, DTS: Neural X and Virtual X, Dolby Surround for music and movies, and Auro 3D is also a nice inclusion as well. I wished Rotel really could've kept up with the latest tech. Maybe one day they will but for now Marantz is my go to preamp and I'm getting excited as each day passes for it to arrive at my door. Glad to be a part of this forum reading all the experiences and adding some of own in the coming months.

audiomanz
audiomanz is offline  
post #130 of 632 Old 01-29-2019, 04:22 PM
Senior Member
 
audiomanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post
No. I came from the Integra brand which was notorious on this issue, and the 7705 is cool as a cucumber compared to that.
Thanks thehun...I see some opinions vary and must be where its placed that will determine how much heat it disperses..

audiomanz
audiomanz is offline  
post #131 of 632 Old 01-29-2019, 04:24 PM
Senior Member
 
audiomanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post
Three inches probably is not enough. The cooler you can keep electronics, the longer it'll last. AC Infinity fan systems are very popular here on AVS.
I'll try it first and if it does get warmer than I'm used too then it will be time for one of those cooling fans..I hope not but we'll see..thanks Selden Ball..

audiomanz
audiomanz is offline  
post #132 of 632 Old 01-29-2019, 04:26 PM
Senior Member
 
audiomanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Most of the heat is generated by the video card (not by the amps on the AVR models), therefore same issue applies with the pre/pros in that without sufficient ventilation, it may get warm. As Selden indicates 3" may be insufficient. If the top feels more than warm to the touch, consider purchasing an external cooling fan (eg. AC Infinity AirCom T8 (rear exhaust).
Thanks jdsmoothie for the extra information. So its the video card that is the culprit I see eh..haha..guess it has a lot of processing to do and switching and all that stuff..as I said in an earlier thread I will assess it and if need be get one of those cooling fan thingys..haha...thanks again.

audiomanz
audiomanz is offline  
post #133 of 632 Old 01-29-2019, 07:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thehun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Leftardia Kommiefornia
Posts: 9,760
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1157 Post(s)
Liked: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomanz View Post
Thanks jdsmoothie for the extra information. So its the video card that is the culprit I see eh..haha..guess it has a lot of processing to do and switching and all that stuff..as I said in an earlier thread I will assess it and if need be get one of those cooling fan thingys..haha...thanks again.

audiomanz
yes the the HDMI board, which has all the video processing as well, it is also on the very top, so naturally it is the top that will need the most clearance. Mine is in an open rack on the very top, so naturally I had no concern at all, but what I said that it is way cooler to the touch than my old Integra remains since they were in the same spot. Yes try it first without cooling and see how you feel about it.

De sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!

Attention, don't read my posts if you're a snowflake or easily offended.

The Hun
thehun is online now  
post #134 of 632 Old 01-30-2019, 08:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
madkaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mooresville NC
Posts: 701
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Just picked up my 7705, waited quite a few years to upgrade from a X4000. Got tired of having to run the 4000 as a audio only device because of the outdated video side. Be nice to go xlr and see and hear the improvements. Best Buy did a ridiculous price match so just couldn't justify passing it up versus the 8805.

ISF Certified Calibrator
CalMan Pro
Electronics Junkie
madkaw is offline  
post #135 of 632 Old 01-31-2019, 06:35 PM
Senior Member
 
audiomanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 50
My dealer just contacted me today and said my Marantz AV7705 is in and he will deliver it this Saturday morning. I'm gonna finish wiring up my SVS Prime Elevation speakers and get ready for Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and Auro 3D in my place. Excited and anyone have any tips when using Audessey XT32 sound calibration? I haven't used Audessey in years so I'll be trying it out again for the first time in a long time. Just got used of using the old SPL meter and tape measure for distance so I'll see if Audessey will improve on it.

audiomanz
audiomanz is offline  
post #136 of 632 Old 01-31-2019, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,960
Mentioned: 739 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22561 Post(s)
Liked: 12279
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomanz View Post
My dealer just contacted me today and said my Marantz AV7705 is in and he will deliver it this Saturday morning. I'm gonna finish wiring up my SVS Prime Elevation speakers and get ready for Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and Auro 3D in my place. Excited and anyone have any tips when using Audessey XT32 sound calibration? I haven't used Audessey in years so I'll be trying it out again for the first time in a long time. Just got used of using the old SPL meter and tape measure for distance so I'll see if Audessey will improve on it.

audiomanz
You were doing what Audyssey does in the first mic position. What you couldn't do was the actual EQ which Audyssey does with the data gathered from the 2-8 mic positions, so you should be impressed. In order not to have to use multiple EQ files, you'll want to set the SVS Prime Elevation speakers to FH+RH which will allow all three audio 3D decoders to use them.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #137 of 632 Old 01-31-2019, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,960
Mentioned: 739 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22561 Post(s)
Liked: 12279
Quote:
Originally Posted by madkaw View Post
Just picked up my 7705, waited quite a few years to upgrade from a X4000. Got tired of having to run the 4000 as a audio only device because of the outdated video side. Be nice to go xlr and see and hear the improvements. Best Buy did a ridiculous price match so just couldn't justify passing it up versus the 8805.
Going XLR isn't necessarily going to result in improved audio quality over using RCA, especially if the line connection is <10'.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #138 of 632 Old 02-02-2019, 07:01 PM
Senior Member
 
audiomanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Hi all,

I just received my Marantz AV7705 preamp today.I have a Rotel 1580 DAC and cant seem to output my music on my computer. I have it plugged in USB to my computer and using the analog rca connection out to the DVD analog connection. I have set it up in the input selection as HDMI 2 and Analog 2 and everything else is off. I have my MIDI window configured to PC USB Rotel and my Sound Preference is on Rotel PC USB..not sure why I'm unable to get a signal. Anyone using a dac on their Marantz AV 7705? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

audiomanz
audiomanz is offline  
post #139 of 632 Old 02-03-2019, 09:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 7
I am having trouble trying to hook up marantz av7705 to a sony 4k projector.

This is how the connection is setup:
1. To projector:
Sony vw260es --- approx 36feet hdmi 4k cable '----> monitor 1 on av7705

2a. To source:
Bluray player --- approx 3' hdmi cable ----> bluray hdmi input on av7705
Result: it works

2b. To source:
Bluray player --- approx 3' hdmi cable ----> aux2 hdmi input on av7705
Result: didnt work. Marantz on screen menu shows but movie not showing

2c. To source:
4K player --- approx 3' hdmi cable ----> bluray hdmi input on av7705
Result: didnt work. Screen showing either black screen or static looking screen (like an old tv which has lost its signal)

2d. To source:
4K player --- approx 3' hdmi cable ----> aux2 hdmi input on av7705
Result: didnt work. Screen showing either black screen or static looking screen (like an old tv which has lost its signal)

3. However, if I were to connect a non 4k projector to monitor, both 4K and bluray player works fine.

4. If I bypass av7705 and connect the 4K player via 36 feet hdmi cable directly to the 4k projector, it works fine.

I cant figure out what causes this and how to solve it.
Does anyone have the same problem and have a solution ?

Thank you for helping
hughhugh is offline  
post #140 of 632 Old 02-03-2019, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,960
Mentioned: 739 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22561 Post(s)
Liked: 12279
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughhugh View Post
I am having trouble trying to hook up marantz av7705 to a sony 4k projector.

This is how the connection is setup:
1. To projector:
Sony vw260es --- approx 36feet hdmi 4k cable '----> monitor 1 on av7705

2a. To source:
Bluray player --- approx 3' hdmi cable ----> bluray hdmi input on av7705
Result: it works

2b. To source:
Bluray player --- approx 3' hdmi cable ----> aux2 hdmi input on av7705
Result: didnt work. Marantz on screen menu shows but movie not showing

2c. To source:
4K player --- approx 3' hdmi cable ----> bluray hdmi input on av7705
Result: didnt work. Screen showing either black screen or static looking screen (like an old tv which has lost its signal)

2d. To source:
4K player --- approx 3' hdmi cable ----> aux2 hdmi input on av7705
Result: didnt work. Screen showing either black screen or static looking screen (like an old tv which has lost its signal)

3. However, if I were to connect a non 4k projector to monitor, both 4K and bluray player works fine.

4. If I bypass av7705 and connect the 4K player via 36 feet hdmi cable directly to the 4k projector, it works fine.

I cant figure out what causes this and how to solve it.
Does anyone have the same problem and have a solution ?

Thank you for helping
Most likely 36' is too long of a cable length when going through an HDMI repeater (ie. the AVP). What type cable are you using? Try using one that generally has better results at longer distances (eg. HDMI fiber optic).
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #141 of 632 Old 02-03-2019, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,960
Mentioned: 739 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22561 Post(s)
Liked: 12279
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomanz View Post
Hi all,

I just received my Marantz AV7705 preamp today.I have a Rotel 1580 DAC and cant seem to output my music on my computer. I have it plugged in USB to my computer and using the analog rca connection out to the DVD analog connection. I have set it up in the input selection as HDMI 2 and Analog 2 and everything else is off. I have my MIDI window configured to PC USB Rotel and my Sound Preference is on Rotel PC USB..not sure why I'm unable to get a signal. Anyone using a dac on their Marantz AV 7705? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

audiomanz
In addition to the INPUT ASSIGN setting showing both HDMI 2 and Analog 2, you also need to set the INPUT MODE = "Analog" as well, otherwise the HDMI will take priority. You also may have to raise the volume much higher on the PC.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #142 of 632 Old 02-03-2019, 09:46 AM
Senior Member
 
audiomanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
In addition to the INPUT ASSIGN setting showing both HDMI 2 and Analog 2, you also need to set the INPUT MODE = "Analog" as well, otherwise the HDMI will take priority. You also may have to raise the volume much higher on the PC.
Thanks jdsmoothie that did it. I did noticed I needed to push up the volume on the Marantz as my PC volume was maxed out. Sounds excellent but I must say that the DACS in the Marantz over HDMI very good too and I can use Auro 3D, Dolby Surround, DTS: Neural as well over HDMI so thats an advantage as well. Nice I have the option of using both. Thanks again.

audiomanz
audiomanz is offline  
post #143 of 632 Old 02-03-2019, 10:34 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Most likely 36' is too long of a cable length when going through an HDMI repeater (ie. the AVP). What type cable are you using? Try using one that generally has better results at longer distances (eg. HDMI fiber optic).
Thanks for your reply jdsmoothie
I am hoping this will be the issue. It'd be a lot of work but at least nothing is broken.

The current cable is actually a 4k rated cable (so the box and seller said.) This brand even has one that is 90feet long (but the direction of usage must be observed).

Did you have a similar problem previously ? What made you think its the length of the cable ?

I was uncertain because bluray seems to work fine. Just the 4K player is the issue.
hughhugh is offline  
post #144 of 632 Old 02-03-2019, 12:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Hey all. Just replaced my 7005 with a 7705. Sometimes it’s great when you upgrade from something Jurassic to brandy new. I had a blast yesterday setting everything up. What a great difference in audio quality 10 years has brought.

That being said, for some reason when I sign into WiFi, it signs on fine works for a while then drops the connection all together and I have to sign on all over again. Nothing else acts this way on my Orbi system. Thoughts?

Also, I’m going to spend more time with Audyssey, however I just have some conceptual questions on the setup:

1. Reference Level is 72-82db from each source (speaker) at the LP, correct? Thus each speaker and subs combined should produce this level. I ran it and had to reset the levels by hand (REW and pink noise). Also, when I set up the subs it had me lower the gains (DIY and Pro Amps) to achieve the 78db level each. I had quite a bit of attenuation to dial in to get there. Then when it finished its setup, it further attenuated the sub gains to -12db! There was like no LFE content to be heard when it was all done. What’s that all about? Pretty much all the rest of the gains were at -12 as well. That I’ll get to the bottom of when I go into Editor and change my gain structure.

Thx. This is a great box! The audio quality through the HEOS app using Tidal and Amazon Music is phenomenal. Funny story, the 7005 has a streaking music function, for Napster from back in the day. Lol.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
FOHTech is offline  
post #145 of 632 Old 02-03-2019, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,960
Mentioned: 739 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22561 Post(s)
Liked: 12279
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughhugh View Post
Thanks for your reply jdsmoothie
I am hoping this will be the issue. It'd be a lot of work but at least nothing is broken.

The current cable is actually a 4k rated cable (so the box and seller said.) This brand even has one that is 90feet long (but the direction of usage must be observed).

Did you have a similar problem previously ? What made you think its the length of the cable ?

I was uncertain because bluray seems to work fine. Just the 4K player is the issue.
Because I've responded to many posts having a similar issue when trying to pass 4k video.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #146 of 632 Old 02-03-2019, 04:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughhugh View Post
Thanks for your reply jdsmoothie
I am hoping this will be the issue. It'd be a lot of work but at least nothing is broken.

The current cable is actually a 4k rated cable (so the box and seller said.) This brand even has one that is 90feet long (but the direction of usage must be observed).

Did you have a similar problem previously ? What made you think its the length of the cable ?

I was uncertain because bluray seems to work fine. Just the 4K player is the issue.
Because I've responded to many posts having a similar issue when trying to pass 4k video. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]
Awesome. Thank you again jdsmoothie. I will try hdmi over ethernet today. Hopefully that will solve it
hughhugh is offline  
post #147 of 632 Old 02-03-2019, 07:34 PM
Senior Member
 
audiomanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Hi all,

Another question. When you leave the Video Conversion to ON does it have an impact meaning does it do any processing or scaling or is it just there to allow you to see the volume bar and other info directly on the tv? Thanks all.

audiomanz
audiomanz is offline  
post #148 of 632 Old 02-04-2019, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,960
Mentioned: 739 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22561 Post(s)
Liked: 12279
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomanz View Post
Hi all,

Another question. When you leave the Video Conversion to ON does it have an impact meaning does it do any processing or scaling or is it just there to allow you to see the volume bar and other info directly on the tv? Thanks all.

audiomanz
It allows for analog --> HDMI conversion although in some cases has altered the video processing of an HDMI source which is something only you can determine with your particular TV.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #149 of 632 Old 02-04-2019, 03:09 PM
Senior Member
 
audiomanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 352
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
It allows for analog --> HDMI conversion although in some cases has altered the video processing of an HDMI source which is something only you can determine with your particular TV.
How am I to know if it is altering my picture? Picture sharpness is dull looking? Grainy? etc.

Btw I'm getting a hum and have narrowed it down to my cable box. Tech is coming tomorrow. I tried one of those cable isolators and I find they mess around with the cable box. Not sure if the signal passing through it is getting corrupted but my cable box will start downloading constantly and I wont get some channels. The last tech did find that it was the transformer i was using that was the cause of the issue. Any work arounds or is there a specific type of cable isolator to buy that wont wreak havoc with my cable box? What can I expect the cable tech to do to fix the problem? Can the ground loop cause any permanent damage to your speakers and gear? Thanks again.


audiomanz
audiomanz is offline  
post #150 of 632 Old 02-05-2019, 12:23 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I am having all kinds of trouble with this processor. I have been discussing the issues with Marantz for a few days now. I am coming from an AV7701. I upgraded in a effort to use 4k.

My setup is as follows

Samsung Q9FN
Marantz AV7705
Xbox One X
Sony UBP-UX80
Tivo Boli Mini
4k movie player

I believe that the issue is that the TV can't properly see what is behind the processor, resulting in unwanted video conversions.

I ran a couple different sources through the AV7705 to my Q9FN TV. The AV7705 is supposedly passing the video signal through unadulterated (according to its video information screen). I think the problem lies in that the TV does not know what or where the signal is coming from other than a device called an AV7705 (which is only identified if HDMI CEC is enabled in devices that support it). The TV therefore converts everything to [email protected], whether desired or not. When the UHD bluray player is connected directly to the TV, the signal is seen at 24hz and the TV displays movies at [email protected] The same holds true for an Xbox One X. When connected through the AV7705, the TV cannot figure out what the signal is. The TV is supposed to automatically switch itself to game mode when it senses "game content." Again, this works when hooked directly to the TV, but not when run through the AV7705. Running everything directly to the TV is something that could have been accomplished using my now retired AV7701.

If the AV7705 is simply stripping audio from the HDMI feed (if no video conversion is done), the TV hopefully should still be able to identify the source device or source content (hopefully). Otherwise, this device has no value for me.
chemgeek is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off