Firmware Change log Information
(1) Firmware updates for all 2018 models should be available via the Marantz website
and can be downloaded and installed via USB thumb drive.
(2) Firmware updates can also be installed by the owner via an internet connection to the Marantz servers. Although it's not necessary to update your unit if you are not experiencing any problems, it's generally a good idea to keep it updated so that if there are any problems with the update the unit will still be covered under warranty. The update process generally doesn't take more than 30 minutes once the download begins and also generally does not erase any settings, although it's always a good idea to SAVE the config.avr
file using the Setup - General - SAVE & LOAD - SAVE feature prior to doing the update just in case. Note that if the update process is stuck on "Authenticating", ensure a source other than NET/USB is selected and just let it continue for up to a few hours and it should eventually begin the update process (although note that Denon's servers have been known to crash the first day of release due to the overload, so you may want to wait a few days before trying again). One prior model year owner found that disconnecting ALL sources to the AVR enabled the unit to connect to the Denon servers and update the firmware when the update process had previously been unsuccessful.
Other tips if having problems with the update include setting "Network Control" to OFF in Standby, cycling the DHCP setting on the AVP, or using a static IP address.
During the update, the AVP will go into Standby mode, but will continue to update status on the front panel display. If the update seems to be hung up (ie. goes beyond 1 hour) ... power the AVP to Standby, unplug it for a few minutes and power back on and attempt the update again. If the update fails to load, check the network environment (ie. reset the router, replace the router with a more current/robust model, or ideally wire directly to the router if connecting wirelessly) If still not having any luck with the update, perform a Network Reset as described in post 3 above. You may also want to consider purchasing a long (100'+) Cat5/6 cable for network updates only for a higher probability of a successful install.
You will be notified automatically when there is a firmware update when the AVR is turned ON as long as the Notification Update setting is set to ON (factory default). For more information refer to Setup - General - Firmware - Notifications -Update
in the Owner's manual. To manually check for an update, refer to Setup - General - Firmware - Update - Check for Update
(3) What is my unit's current firmware version? The current firmware version can be determined from the AVR's menu: Setup --> General --> Information --> Firmware Version.
Firmware change log date/info:
- eARC (note that in order to pass "enhanced" HD audio from an eARC able TV (not expected until late 2018/early 2019), one of the following HDMI cables must be used to connect the AVR to the TV: Standard w/Ethernet, High Speed w/Ethernet (including "Premium" High Speed w/Ethernet), or Ultra High Speed w/Ethernet)
- IMAX Enhanced DTS:X
- IMAX Enhanced "Manual" Audio Settings (High Pass Filter, Low Pass Filter, and Subwoofer Mode)
- While AVR displays Title/Artist/Album by status display, AVR will display "Spotify" after "Volume change, Mute, INFO, Sound Mode change, SLEEP, ZONE2 ON/OFF" operations.
- Audio is cutting out when using ARC via Low Quality Cable (Long Cable) after installing U18 firmware.
- Added "General" and "Network" to Web control. (New feature)
- Update the firmware version to 1.493.180 Music files in USB stick memory formatted with NTFS cannot be played on HEOS products.
- Improves performance
- Corrects control system issue caused by 4-17-2019 update
- Improves performance and stability
- Able to use Spotify FREE account