This is going to be a bit of data dump, so I apologize ahead of time. though my testing I can confirm the audio and video issues are not due to source device... unless ALL my devices are bad devices.
FW Load Process (only need to perform once):
1. Reset all source devices to factory default settings. ("Auto" for almost all video and audio setting outputs)
2. Unplugged all source and display devices from their hdmi connections. Also unplug the devices from their electrical power
3. Turn on RMC reset to factory default settings.
4. Full reboot/power cycle on the RMC
5. Install/Reload FW 1.2
6. Turn on RMC with new firmware installed
7. Turn off the RMC and flip the rear power switch to "off"
8. While RMC was powered off, connect all hdmi sources. After hdmi connections are made, plug them into electrical power. PRO TIP: Only connect one display device. I used hdmi output 1 for my projector
9. Turned on the RMC
10. I waited ~3 minutes
11. Load user settings from USB
12. Turn RMC off
Process to turn system on:
1. Power on display device. Wait for it to boot.
2. Turn on RMC. Wait for it to boot.
3. Power on source device. Wait for it to boot.
4. Begin using system.
Using that method I have encountered audio dropouts/pops/clicks while using the following devices:
- Oppo 203 player (using both disc and network files)
- AppleTV Gen 3
- Cable TV box
- Mede8der 6003DX movie streamer
I have encountered audio dropouts/pops/clicks while using the following sound formats:
- DTS 5.1 (lossy)
- DTS 7.1 HD
- Dolby 2.0
- Dolby 5.1
- Dolby TrueHD
- Dolby Atmos
The above tests were all done with all devices set to "Auto" or their default settings. I've also experience the same audio issues after loading user settings in the RMC, custom video output on the Oppo, LPCM and bitstream with the Oppo, LPCM and bitstream with the Mede8der, customer settings with the JVC.
My hdmi cables are all 4K certified. I've also tested with cheap hdmi cables as well as some higher boutique brands. No impact on the results. The only hdmi cables I have that are longer than 3ft is running from the RMC to the JVC projector.
Here is a video of some of the issues I have as of now. Source device is the Oppo. Video starts with the blue screen of death. If I switch hdmi inputs (from Oppo to ApplveTV) I get video back and the Oppo main menu is displayed. Once I select the BR disc option, I lose video. Without switching inputs this time I blindly navigate the disc to the top menu of the movie. No video on the screen, but audio from the disc is heard. I then blindly again select to play the movie. this time I have no video and the audio has been dropped completely. Oppo shows the movie time advancing but no video or audio.
If there is a combination or setup you'd like me to test, please let me know.