The RMC-1 has come a long way via firmware.
Things are looking solid with firmware 1.3. Just a few more improvements, and DIRAC 2.0 implementation left.
LATEST RELEASE RMC-1 FIRMWARE - as of 4/19/2019 - v1.3
This firmware version is a HIGH PRIORITY UPDATE.
This update fixes several known issues, so we STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you install this update if you are running a previous firmware version.
This link will get you the latest version of the RMC-1 firmware as of 4/19/2019 (v1.3) :
The download is a DAT file.
Place it in the main folder of a USB stick formatted FAT32.
(Make sure there are no other firmware update files in the main folder!)
This update fixes MOST of the issues we are currently aware of.
IMPORTANT UPDATE !!
We have become aware that many of the problems people have been experiencing are due to compatibility issues between modern HDMI 2.0 devices and older HDMI 1.4b devices.
(Even though HDMI 2.0 is claimed to be backwards compatible with older devices - some people experience issues when connecting certain older devices to HDMI 2.0 inputs on the RMC-1 and other devices.)
IN THIS FIRMWARE RELEASE WE HAVE ADDED THE OPTION TO CONFIGURE EACH INPUT ON THE RMC-1 FOR MAXIMUM COMPATIBILITY WITH EITHER HDMI 2.0 OR HDMI 1.4 DEVICES.
This option is configured SEPARATELY FOR EACH INPUT.
To set this option go to MENU | SETUP | INPUTS | [input name] | HDMI TYPE and set it to either HDMI TYPE: 2.0 or HDMI TYPE 1.4 .
- Any inputs on the RMC-1 that are to be used with 4k devices, or HD devices that specify HDMI 2.0 compatibility, should be configured as "HDMI Type 2.0" - which is the default.
- If you have any unusual issues with non-4k devices (either legacy 1080p devices, or older pre-HD devices like DVD players), you should try configuring the input on the RMC-1 you use with them as "HDMI Type 1.4" .
- REGARDLESS OF HOW YOU CONFIGURE THE INPUTS ON YOUR RMC-1, IF YOU HAVE A 4k TV OR PROJECTOR, YOUR RMC-1 SHOULD BE CONNECTED TO AN INPUT ON YOUR TV OR PROJECTOR THAT SUPPORTS HDMI 2.0 .
- If you move source devices to a different input on your RMC-1 make sure the input you use is configured correctly for the device you connect to it.
- Inputs on the RMC-1 that you configure as HDMI 1.4 will probably no longer work with 4k sources (so remember to set them back if you move your inputs around).
- Many non-4k devices will work properly with inputs on the RMC-1 set to the default HDMI 2.0 - but some will not.
The download will arrive in the form of a DAT file, which is the actual firmware update file.
There is no need to extract this file.
To install this update simply place the update file in the main folder of a USB stick and do a SETUP | ADVANCED | FIRMWARE UPDATE.
You should also ensure that this is the ONLY FILE in the main folder of your USB stick.
(If you wish to archive other versions of the RMC-1 firmware on your USB stick - BE SURE TO PUT THEM IN A SUB FOLDER.)
AFTER THIS FIRMWARE UPDATE IS PERFORMED WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU RESET ALL THE HDMI DEVICES YOU HAVE CONNECTED TO THE RMC-1.
TO DO THIS YOU MUST PHYSICALLY UNPLUG THE AC POWER ON THE RMC-1, YOUR TV, AND ANY OTHER HDMI DEVICES YOU HAVE CONNECTED TO YOUR RMC-1.
Everything must be unplugged AT THE SAME TIME for at least ten seconds.
It is NOT sufficient to simply place your devices in Standby, many devices cannot be turned fully off, and many devices cannot be rebooted without unplugging them.
It is not sufficient to unplug your devices one at a time.
You must unplug them all, so they are all unplugged at the same time, count to ten slowly, then plug them all back in.
This will ensure that all of your devices go through a full reboot.
(We DO NOT REQUIRE this but, if you have ANY problems, then you should do it.)