The *Official* Emotiva RMC-1 owners thread - Page 24 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 843Likes

post #691 of 880 Old 05-18-2019, 03:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 609 Post(s)
Liked: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhuski View Post
how is it after the latest FW update?
The latest firmware came out a while back. Nothing recently for the RMC. With FW 1.3 I'm still experiencing issues and receiving very little back form Emotiva when I let them know about issues I'm having.
llang269 likes this.

The Other Theater (most recent build)
Old Woods Remodel
Old Wood Theater (first build)
Emotiva RMC-1 9.1.6 | JVC X790R | Emotiva XPA-5 | Emotiva XPA 4-3s | Oppo 203 | DIYSG 1099 | DIYSG Volt 8 | DIYSG Volt 6 | SVS PC-4000 | Seymour UF 132"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 880 Old 05-18-2019, 03:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
*snip*
My advice to RMC-1 owners (and prospects) is to use an device to handle HDMI switching and pass the audio to the Emotiva SSP. Something from HDFury or Lumagen (for those with projectors).

https://www.hdfury.com/next-gen-comparison/
http://lumagen.com/testindex.php?mod...ncepro_details
That'd be great advice...except, I think there's a guy on the Emotiva forums who has tried a Lumagen audio-only output and had problems. It may have been since resolved, though.
post #693 of 880 Old 05-18-2019, 03:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Here are the latest big issues I'm fighting including the audio issues while streaming movies from my NAS or apps like HBOnow.

The issue I experience happens when I am listing to a 2-channel source (CD player, CD in Oppo, AppleTV streaming music file) using my 2.1 speakers preset (left, right, subwoofer channels active). If I enter into the speaker preset menu with music playing on the RMC and then exit out using the left arrow or menu button I lose the subwoofer channel. I have a single sub connected to the LFE output on the RMC. I've created the video below to demonstrate my issue. I've turned off the amp to my main speakers so the only audio is what is coming from the powered subwoofer and LFE channel. The only way I get the LFE channel to return is to switch inputs.

If someone else could test and report back I would really appreciate it. Perhaps if this issue only impacts my RMC then maybe I have another unit with hardware issues that can't be fixed with firmware updates.

(Subwoofer audio only heard if you are listening using a pair of headphones are a halfway good pair of computer speakers.)

0:00 playing 2-channel audio from AppleTV. Main amps are turned off so only the powered subwoofer is playing.
0:10 Preset 2 is selected which is a 2.1 setup. Main fronts and sub channel
0:23 I enter into Speaker preset and select Preset 2. Silence from right front channel since my main channels are turned off. This is to be expected.
0:39 When I select the sub channel I hear the test tone, as I should to prove the sub is still active.
0:42 I exit out of speaker preset. Silence
1:00 "Please Wait" message disappears. Music is still playing but not audible since front mains are not powered. No sub channel.
1:10 I switch to a different hdmi input with no source device powered on.
1:34 I switch back to the AppleTV hdmi input.
1:48 AppleTV hdmi syncs and bass begins to play.
1:54 I enter back into speaker preset menu
2:14 I exit out of speaker preset again after a quick test tone coming from subwoofer
2:25 AppleTV is synced and again I have no subwoofer signal.
2:27 I do a quick hdmi input switch
2:33 Sub channel becomes active again.

While attempting to capture more videos, I found some other really strange behavior from my RMC.

I noticed that if I hit the Speaker Preset button once to check the status (not change the selection) and then hit the "Mode" button to check I'm using "Stereo", the Speaker Preset changes.

0:03 I click the Speaker Preset button once. Speaker Preset 2.1 (Preset 2) displays on the OLED.
0:06 I click the Mode up button once to ensure I have "Stereo" selected. Stereo displays and when I click the Speaker Preset button once again, the RMC changes to 7.1.6 (Preset 1)
0:08 RMC goes into "Please Wait" mode.
0:15 RMC exit "Please Wait mode and the subwoofer channel no longer outputs bass. I'm guessing because preset 7.1.6 is setup without "Enhanced bass".
0:19 I click Speaker Preset once again, I see the RMC has Preset 1 selected. Selecting "Mode" and "Preset" again moves the Speaker Preset back to Preset 2 and my 2.1 speaker preset.
0:25 RMC enter "Please Wait" mode.
0:28 Bass returns from powered subwoofer
0:32 RMC exits "Please Wait" mode and I'm back to the setup I began the process with.
0:34 I basically retrace the same steps I just described above. With same results
0:47 Without bass coming from powered subwoofer I use the Speaker Preset button to change back to Preset 2 (2.1 setup) and bass returns.

What concerns me about this is what other behind the scenes setting for features are turning on/off when making changes?!?!

Old Woods Remodel
Emotiva RMC-1 9.1.6 | JVC X790R | Emotiva XPA-5 | Emotiva XPA 4-3s | Oppo 203 | DIYSG 1099 | DIYSG Volt 8 | DIYSG Volt 6 | SVS PC-4000 | Seymour UF 132"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #694 of 880 Old 05-18-2019, 06:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

And for anyone wondering about the slow response times some people complain about.... here is my current process of changing a speaker preset:

3-remote clicks and the 10 seconds it takes the RMC for each response.

Old Woods Remodel
post #695 of 880 Old 05-18-2019, 06:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post
That'd be great advice...except, I think there's a guy on the Emotiva forums who has tried a Lumagen audio-only output and had problems. It may have been since resolved, though.

That was me. Since 1.3 I haven’t really had any issues. It’s working extremely well for me now. I think with me only passing audio to the RMC things are just working better than if I had been feeding it video as well.

Lind Family HT
HT - RS2000 - ST130 - Emotiva RMC-1 - XPA-7 - XPA-5 - GE Triton 2 - GE Supercenter XXL - GE Invisa 650 x 8 - Xbox One X - PS4 Pro - Oppo BDP-203 - Kalediscape Strato - HTPC 1008ti- Dual SVS PB16-Ultra's - Lumagen Radiance Pro
post #696 of 880 Old 05-19-2019, 05:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1290 Post(s)
Liked: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by deewan View Post
And for anyone wondering about the slow response times some people complain about.... here is my current process of changing a speaker preset:

https://youtu.be/nG-Fp5c2SK0

ugh....that’s terrible.

you get the sense Emo is in over their heads a bit.
post #697 of 880 Old 05-19-2019, 07:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:

https://youtu.be/nG-Fp5c2SK0

Hey Deewan,

Is that a 1080P monitor?
How is it hooked up to the RMC?

I ask because I figured, once you went 4k you would need a 4k HDR "Control" monitor to ensure you were getting the right EDID's for the 4k projector.
I wonder if that is causing some of the wonkiness you are seeing.
post #698 of 880 Old 05-19-2019, 07:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackangus View Post
Hey Deewan,

Is that a 1080P monitor?
How is it hooked up to the RMC?

I ask because I figured, once you went 4k you would need a 4k HDR "Control" monitor to ensure you were getting the right EDID's for the 4k projector.
I wonder if that is causing some of the wonkiness you are seeing.
It is a 1080p monitor. The monitor and the projector are using the dual hdmi outputs of the RMC. About a month ago I had the monitor completely unplugged from the system and I was still seeing many of these same issues. I also removed the JVC projector from the system and only used the monitor for some testing and had the same experience.

You have a good idea, but I don't believe it is the cause.

Old Woods Remodel
post #699 of 880 Old 05-19-2019, 05:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 73
That thing is slow as mud. Even the GUI screen refresh looks like something running on an Apple II

High Desert Theater - work in progress
Building Bass - Subs
Surrounds - Easy as Pi
Storage - unRAID unDELL
Mains - Another piece of Pi
post #700 of 880 Old 05-20-2019, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotikr1 View Post
That was me. Since 1.3 I haven’t really had any issues. It’s working extremely well for me now. I think with me only passing audio to the RMC things are just working better than if I had been feeding it video as well.
Good to know -- just sucks that the OSD is then a moot point given OSD is one of the unit's pros (for some) when compared to its competition (probably the to-be-released Monoprice unit as its closest competitor).
post #701 of 880 Old 05-20-2019, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post
Good to know -- just sucks that the OSD is then a moot point given OSD is one of the unit's pros (for some) when compared to its competition (probably the to-be-released Monoprice unit as its closest competitor).

I’ve used my Lumagen for video switching for a few processors now so I’m used to no OSD. I don’t generally need it unless it’s for units setup so it works for me.
DreamWarrior likes this.

Lind Family HT
HT - RS2000 - ST130 - Emotiva RMC-1 - XPA-7 - XPA-5 - GE Triton 2 - GE Supercenter XXL - GE Invisa 650 x 8 - Xbox One X - PS4 Pro - Oppo BDP-203 - Kalediscape Strato - HTPC 1008ti- Dual SVS PB16-Ultra's - Lumagen Radiance Pro
post #702 of 880 Old 05-20-2019, 12:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

What is frustrating for some is that we don’t have the same experience running the same FW. I tried to duplicate the delay deewan is having but mine is nowhere near as long. I have a slight delay but I’m guessing that’s normal as it’s doing some changes when I change the speaker type but that’s my guess.

Lind Family HT
post #703 of 880 Old 05-20-2019, 05:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
What is frustrating for some is that we don’t have the same experience running the same FW. I tried to duplicate the delay deewan is having but mine is nowhere near as long. I have a slight delay but I’m guessing that’s normal as it’s doing some changes when I change the speaker type but that’s my guess.

https://youtu.be/FcNKR8VJq6g
Wanna trade? I'll even throw in a Dave and Busters gift card.

I've since done a full reboot and my RMC is much faster. Not nearly as fast as yours, but much faster than it was 2 days ago.
Mahuzz13 likes this.

Old Woods Remodel
post #704 of 880 Old 05-20-2019, 05:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Wanna trade? I'll even throw in a Dave and Busters gift card.

I've since done a full reboot and my RMC is much faster. Not nearly as fast as yours, but much faster than it was 2 days ago.

If you were closer that would be something we would do. It would be interesting to see if the issues follow the setup or the RMC.

Lind Family HT
post #705 of 880 Old 05-20-2019, 10:12 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 222 Post(s)
Quoted: 3682 Post(s)
Liked: 4181
I haven't opened this thread in like 6 months, I see I was being far too optimistic hoping to hear any good news on supported features or defect resolutions in that time-frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
Did Emotiva ever release any expansion modules for the XMC-1?

I remember HDMI, HDBase-T, Phono, RCA-in, XLR-in, WiFi, Alexa, and Atmos being discussed at CEDIA/CES/Axpona/Emofests of the past years [by Dan & Lonnie]. Is this still the [wish?] list of what's coming for the RMC-1?
Well if Emotiva history shows\proves anything (and it does), then:

If the XMC-1 was any example of those "modules", then they will be released years too late, with bugs, in an attempt to try to keep the RMC-1 market-relevant,
and then be completely replaced by the RMC-2, which will also be full of bugs and missing features and the RMC-1 pulled from the market (discontinued).

EXACTLY like the UMC-1 and the XMC-1 are TODAY.
No FW-updates for you!

As I mentioned back in early November, Emotiva abandons their processor customers, their products NEVER "get fixed".
I learned that the first time they pulled this trick back in 2009 on me, with the current processor of the time.

I would be truly afraid if Emotiva were to make any cars or space rockets. Could you imagine?
The thing would randomly apply the e-brake and throw the gearbox in reverse at full highway speed, as the engine block in thrown into the front windshield at the customer. Just waiting on that firmware fix (while people are dying! )

I think that about sums it up Emotiva processor-strategies nicely!
It really IS beyond funny or sad at this point. I'm not really sure what the word I'm looking for IS, other than perhaps: avoid
post #706 of 880 Old 05-23-2019, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Here's my summary:

1. emotiva has admitted that the Panasonic chipset "is what it is". They even directly said that the slow switching times and such are artifacts of their decision. Conclusion: live with the flaky HDMI switching and slow sync times or don't buy it.

2. emotiva won't disclose what they test with. I personally think their testing is "Hair Nick" trying his Xbox in their demo room... if he can play a game, all must be well. Everything else is a user induced problem.

3. emotiva is discussing hdmi consortiums and compliance and stuff... who cares. None of us are on the HDMI compliance panels, we just want the frickin' $5k processor to switch sources and lock on without a reset and not drop the connection. Simple fact is that other companies don't have problems... enough said.

4. emotiva has told their distributors that all of the problems are solved and the only remaining issues are from outlying setups. Riiighhhttt.

At this point, I think it won't get much better. Hard resets, drop outs, flaky connections... this is how it will be if you buy this product. This is their "bar" for acceptance.
post #707 of 880 Old 05-23-2019, 05:17 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked: 411
Arrow XMC-1 to XMC-2 Trade-In and Upgrade Program

(truncated)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassThatHz View Post
I haven't opened this thread in like 6 months, I see I was being far too optimistic hoping to hear any good news on supported features or defect resolutions in that time-frame.

Well if Emotiva history shows\proves anything (and it does), then:

If the XMC-1 was any example of those "modules", then they will be released years too late, with bugs, in an attempt to try to keep the RMC-1 market-relevant,
and then be completely replaced by the RMC-2, which will also be full of bugs and missing features and the RMC-1 pulled from the market (discontinued).

EXACTLY like the UMC-1 and the XMC-1 are TODAY.
No FW-updates for you!
FYI, interesting...
https://emotiva.com/blogs/info-hub-1...ogIkp5ZFZWUiJ9

XMC-1 to XMC-2 Trade-In and Upgrade Program

Quote:
We’re pleased to announce that, after careful consideration, we’ve figured out a way to sweeten the deal for XMC-1 owners who wish to upgrade to Dolby Atmos and DTS-X. Instead of adding four additional unbalanced output channels to your existing XMC-1, our new plan will enable you to upgrade to a new processor! This new model offers sixteen balanced output channels for Dolby Atmos and DTS-X, along with enhanced performance and features. The cost to you is the same price as we’d initially planned to charge for the less comprehensive upgrade. We think this new plan is a clear win-win situation for both Emotiva and our loyal customers.

As you probably know, we’ve planned all along to offer XMC-1 owners an upgrade path that would enable them to upgrade their XMC-1 to support Dolby Atmos and DTS-X. Our original plan was to offer this upgrade in the form of a replacement processor board. The planned processor upgrade would have required factory installation, would have only been available on units with the latest 4k HDMI video board already installed, and would have added four additional unbalanced audio outputs – for a total of 7.2.4 channels - which could be used to provide up to four additional height channels for Dolby Atmos and DTS-X. Owners of older XMC-1 units, which did not include the latest 4k HDMI 2.0b video card, would have been required to purchase the 4k HDMI video upgrade as a prerequisite to obtaining the processor upgrade.

We have officially discontinued sales of the XMC-1, and are in the process of ramping up production on its replacement – the XMC-2. The XMC-2 is a new and improved model, which includes a full sixteen channels of Dolby Atmos and DTS-X support, all with balanced audio outputs, as well as the latest 4k HDMI video support, enhanced performance, and a fully redesigned front panel and control system
Quote:
After carefully analyzing all the options and taking into account the features our customers ask for the most, we decided that it didn’t make sense to upgrade current XMC-1, as the level of its performance would still fall short of what the XMC-2 has to offer. Since we always do our best to provide our customers the best possible performance at the best possible price, we have changed our upgrade plans. Instead of offering current XMC-1 owners the option of upgrading their existing XMC-1 unit to support Dolby Atmos and DTS-X, we’re offering current XMC-1 owners the opportunity to TRADE IN their old XMC-1 for a brand new XMC-2, with support for the latest 4k HDMI video, a full sixteen channels of balanced audio output for Dolby Atmos and DTS-X, and Dirac room correction.

Why did we do this? While this is an unbelievable win for our customers since the out of pocket cost is the same as the original upgrade path - plus you'll also get the advanced decoding and technical features that come along with the new 16-channel XMC-2 in a brand new unit that comes with a fully transferable brand new five-year warranty. This new direction is also a win for us because we avoid the extra expense and complexity of designing and supporting a separate firmware and hardware program for the old XMC-1, which uses a significantly different internal architecture.

For customers looking to move up our more advanced platforms, we will offer the same trade in allowance on the new RMC-1 and RMC-1L models.

Your cost for upgrading your XMC-1 under the same trade-in terms for these two models is as follows:

RMC-1 trade-in price is $2999.00

RMC-1L trade-in price is $1999.00

If you own an XMC-1 will the Gen3 4K video board, additional discounts will apply in the same manner as the XMC-2 upgrade.

Please note the following important details:

1) To be eligible for this upgrade, you must be the current owner of a working XMC-1, with a valid warranty registered in your name. That includes anyone who has purchased their XMC-1 directly from us, anyone who has purchased their XMC-1 from one of our authorized dealers or distributors, and anyone who purchased their XMC-1 used, from a legitimate owner, and has had the warranty transferred to their name.*

2) Your XMC-1 must be in good condition, and may not have been subject to unauthorized modifications, obvious abuse, or acts of nature like damage due to lightning strikes or power surges .**

3) To take advantage of this trade-in offer, your original XMC-1 must be returned to our factory here in the USA, and your new XMC-2 will be shipped to you from this location.

- US customers will be charged an additional flat-rate shipping fee of $50, which will cover the cost of shipping your original XMC-1 to us and shipping your new XMC-2 back to you. If you need original packaging, we have it available at a nominal cost. Units will not be accepted in non-factory packaging.

- International customers will be responsible for the cost of shipping their original XMC-1 to us and will be charged the actual cost of shipping their new XMC-2 to them. (For international customers who are curious, the originally planned upgrade board was going to be a factory installation, so this new plan and associated costs are exactly the same as well.)

Pricing:

The standard upgrade price for trading in your XMC-1 for a new XMC-2 will be USD $1000.00 – plus shipping.

(This is the same as the planned combined cost of the XMC-1 HDMI 4k and XMC-1 Dolby Atmos upgrade boards.)

- This upgrade is available to all current XMC-1 owners, regardless of how you obtained your XMC-1, as long as your XMC-1 has a valid warranty registered in your name.

- If you purchased your XMC-1 for the full retail price of $2499, and it included the latest 4k HDMI 2.0b video option at the time you purchased it (the v3 HDMI 2.0b video option), you will be eligible to trade it in for a new XMC-2 for $601.00 plus shipping.

- If you initially purchased your XMC-1 with the original HDMI 1.4b video option, or the older single-input 4k video card, and later purchased the latest 4k HDMI 2.0b video upgrade

(the v3 HDMI 2.0b video option) separately for it at a cost of $399, you will be eligible to trade it in for a new XMC-2 for $601 plus shipping.

Notes:

(*) All new Emotiva products include a transferrable warranty, which we consider to be a valuable part of your purchase. This warranty ensures that you will receive the support you deserve and will be able to continue to enjoy your Emotiva gear for many years. If you purchase an Emotiva product on the used market and it is still under the factory warranty period, you should expect the current owner to transfer the remainder of their warranty to you. Eligibility for certain offers, as well as warranty coverage itself, will depend on our ability to verify your status as a valid owner. (Note that certain factory renewed products, and certain clearance products, may be sold with a limited warranty. If so, this limited warranty will be clearly noted as a condition of sale.)

(**) While we do not require your XMC-1 to be in as-new condition to be eligible for this trade-in offer, we do reserve the right to disqualify units that have been subject to obvious abuse or serious cosmetic damage – at our sole discretion. If there is any doubt, we may request additional information to confirm the condition of your XMC-1 before trading it in.

All trade-in eligibility is at our sole discretion. Any missing accessories, such as remote controls, measurement microphones, original packaging, etc. will be charged to you in addition to the trade in cost.

HT: Oppo UDP-203 -> Lumagen RadiancePro 4446 {18 GHz input x2 & 18 GHz output x1 cards} - "new (112818 FW)" 18 GHz microcode - parallel outs to --> [Audio: Denon 5308CI] --> [Video: JVC RS520 FW v30.1]
HT Details: link
post #708 of 880 Old 05-23-2019, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Hello kaotikr1

Im planning on getting an RMC-1 to take advantage on the great trade in Emotiva has for my XMC-1. Ive read the many bugs that the RMC-1 has, but i still want to go forward with it since i know of the many problems the XMC-1 had at the beginning. But now to me is wonderful and the sound quality is amazing, i can only imagine how much more the RMC-1 will bring to the table in sound quality. Can i please ask what equipment you have connect to the Lumagen ? Im planing to watch YouTube videos from my apple tv 4k version, oppo 203, amazon fire stick, cable tv, maybe a PS4 pro, Xbox one S all connected to the Lumagen than one HDMI cable to the RMC-1. Do you have any weird clicks, or sound coming from your speakers if you change to another input on the Lumagen? What about when watching Youtube videos does everything sounds smoothly nothing weird happens when you go from a music video to the next one?
post #709 of 880 Old 05-23-2019, 05:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvinps2626 View Post
Hello kaotikr1

Im planning on getting an RMC-1 to take advantage on the great trade in Emotiva has for my XMC-1. Ive read the many bugs that the RMC-1 has, but i still want to go forward with it since i know of the many problems the XMC-1 had at the beginning. But now to me is wonderful and the sound quality is amazing, i can only imagine how much more the RMC-1 will bring to the table in sound quality. Can i please ask what equipment you have connect to the Lumagen ? Im planing to watch YouTube videos from my apple tv 4k version, oppo 203, amazon fire stick, cable tv, maybe a PS4 pro, Xbox one S all connected to the Lumagen than one HDMI cable to the RMC-1. Do you have any weird clicks, or sound coming from your speakers if you change to another input on the Lumagen? What about when watching Youtube videos does everything sounds smoothly nothing weird happens when you go from a music video to the next one?
Sources

Kalediscape Strato
Oppo 203
Dish Hopper
Apple TV 4K
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
HTPC w/2080TI

I don't get any weird sounds or pops. The only "issue" I have is there is about a 1-3 second delay when there is a sound format change. For instance on my Kalediscape if I change chapters I miss the first 1-3 seconds of audio then it locks on. It's not a deal breaker but I wish it would pick up quicker.

I think if your feeding only audio to the RMC via the Lumagen you will have success.

I've watched YouTube videos and the only issue I noticed was when I set the Windows audio to be Dolby Atmos when I would start a YouTube video there was that small delay. Once I was watching a video I could open another one and it would play instantly. I fixed this by just setting my Windows audio to 7.1 and now the videos pick up right away. I figure when it was set to Atmos the audio was changing when starting the YouTube video so thsts what cause the delay.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Geronimo.USMC and Mike_WI like this.

Lind Family HT
post #710 of 880 Old 05-23-2019, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Sources

Kalediscape Strato
Oppo 203
Dish Hopper
Apple TV 4K
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
HTPC w/2080TI

I don't get any weird sounds or pops. The only "issue" I have is there is about a 1-3 second delay when there is a sound format change. For instance on my Kalediscape if I change chapters I miss the first 1-3 seconds of audio then it locks on. It's not a deal breaker but I wish it would pick up quicker.

I think if your feeding only audio to the RMC via the Lumagen you will have success.

I've watched YouTube videos and the only issue I noticed was when I set the Windows audio to be Dolby Atmos when I would start a YouTube video there was that small delay. Once I was watching a video I could open another one and it would play instantly. I fixed this by just setting my Windows audio to 7.1 and now the videos pick up right away. I figure when it was set to Atmos the audio was changing when starting the YouTube video so thsts what cause the delay.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
That is awesome to hear i will definitely get the RMC-1 and Lumagen combo. As of Youtube i think i won't have problems since the Apple Tv i just think outputs the videos on 2.0 or 5.1 when it has it. Thank you so much for the quick reply.
post #711 of 880 Old 05-27-2019, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I hope we will finally get a professional review of the RMC 1
I am sitting on the fence for so long over the RMC 1 and the Denon 8500
However, I do like the extra upgraded boards for Going past 9.2.6 on the RMC 1
However, the Denon has a better reliability record Overall,
post #712 of 880 Old 05-27-2019, 02:10 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1879 Post(s)
Liked: 2278
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard68 View Post
I hope we will finally get a professional review of the RMC 1
I am sitting on the fence for so long over the RMC 1 and the Denon 8500
However, I do like the extra upgraded boards for Going past 9.2.6 on the RMC 1
However, the Denon has a better reliability record Overall,
Emotiva would be foolish to encourage or seek out any professional reviews of the RMC-1 at this stage, assuming the reviewer gives an honest assessment of the product. A review that raves about the audio quality, but is honest about a whole host of usability issues and missing features (Dirac being the most obvious) wouldn't be good for Emotiva. A review that simply raves about the product would completely discredit the reviewer to those who either own the RMC-1 or follow discussion threads like this one.
RichB, Geronimo.USMC and llang269 like this.
post #713 of 880 Old 05-27-2019, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Thanks for sharing your thoughts
I will have to see what monoprice is going to be doing with the HTP 1 in September
llang269 likes this.
post #714 of 880 Old 05-28-2019, 09:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1141 Post(s)
Liked: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_WI View Post
(truncated)

FYI, interesting...

XMC-1 to XMC-2 Trade-In and Upgrade Program
Is the XMC-2 the new name of the RMC-2? If not what is the difference between them?

Tower Cinema - 9.1.6 in a 12'x12' room
Input : Nvidia Shield TV, Panasonic DMP-UB400
Magic : Marantz SR7010, Marantz SR6010, 2x NAD T743
Output : Panasonic TX65EZ952B, SVS PB13 Ultra, Monitor Audio GSLCR 2xGS20 2xGS10 4xGSFX 6xBX1
post #715 of 880 Old 05-28-2019, 09:23 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
Is the XMC-2 the new name of the RMC-2? If not what is the difference between them?
If you read the linked message you would see the X and R are different model lines.

(bold added)

Quote:
We have officially discontinued sales of the XMC-1, and are in the process of ramping up production on its replacement – the XMC-2.
The XMC-2 is a new and improved model...
Emotiva differentiates the X from R lines as:
Quote:
For customers looking to move up our more advanced platforms, we will offer the same trade in allowance on the new RMC-1 and RMC-1L models.

HT: Oppo UDP-203 -> Lumagen RadiancePro 4446 {18 GHz input x2 & 18 GHz output x1 cards} - "new (112818 FW)" 18 GHz microcode - parallel outs to --> [Audio: Denon 5308CI] --> [Video: JVC RS520 FW v30.1]
HT Details: link
post #716 of 880 Old 05-28-2019, 09:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1141 Post(s)
Liked: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_WI View Post
If you read the linked message you would see the X and R are different model lines.

(bold added)

Emotiva differentiates the X from R lines as:
Good point, forgot they renamed the RMC-2. The question remains though, what is different between the XMC-2 and the RMC-1L?

Both are 16ch, both have Dirac Live, both have XLR outputs.

Tower Cinema - 9.1.6 in a 12'x12' room
Input : Nvidia Shield TV, Panasonic DMP-UB400
Magic : Marantz SR7010, Marantz SR6010, 2x NAD T743
Output : Panasonic TX65EZ952B, SVS PB13 Ultra, Monitor Audio GSLCR 2xGS20 2xGS10 4xGSFX 6xBX1
post #717 of 880 Old 05-28-2019, 10:17 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Quoted: 5287 Post(s)
Liked: 4805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
Good point, forgot they renamed the RMC-2. The question remains though, what is different between the XMC-2 and the RMC-1L?

Both are 16ch, both have Dirac Live, both have XLR outputs.
RMC-1L is the the RMC-1 without expansion slots, 16 fully differential (in-to-out processing) & balanced. The XMC-2 is said provide 16 XLR (balanced signalling) but only LCR are fully differential. Consider this liquid and subject to change [into in solid or vapor!].
Geronimo.USMC likes this.
post #718 of 880 Old 06-04-2019, 05:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Things have gone really quiet in here - all users happy, or have all units been returned to Emotiva and no-one has one now
post #719 of 880 Old 06-04-2019, 05:29 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post
Things have gone really quiet in here - all users happy, or have all units been returned to Emotiva and no-one has one now
Imho everyone is waiting for Dirac to finally arrive there..

PS4PRO, Nvidia Shield + Kodi
Anthem 720 (pre\pro only) + 5.1.4: Pass labs INT-30A -> Crites Cornscala; Emotiva A-700 -> Crites CS-1; Crites CSC-1; Onkyo Atmos on-walls, SVS SB-4000.
JVC 7500 + 110" screen
post #720 of 880 Old 06-04-2019, 11:17 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Everyone is waiting for the next firmware update that will hopefully fix the HDMI lock and audio issues that many are still experiencing. Dirac should be coming soon, but I hope they fix the big issues prior to pushing Dirac out...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page