The *Official* Emotiva RMC-1 owners thread - Page 25 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 829Likes

post #721 of 860 Old 06-04-2019, 11:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBLV View Post
Everyone is waiting for the next firmware update that will hopefully fix the HDMI lock and audio issues that many are still experiencing. Dirac should be coming soon, but I hope they fix the big issues prior to pushing Dirac out...
Thanks - pity there are so many teething problems (though not surprising), looks like an attractive unit on paper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 860 Old 06-05-2019, 06:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1972 Post(s)
Liked: 2151
It floors me that people can read through this thread and still be interested in buying one. Emotiva hasn't delivered a reliable pre/pro ever and they are full of empty promises. They show the RMC1 for years and sold Dirac as a huge feature and then release it and announce last second that Dirac won't be there at launch and here we are months later and still nothing. TOTAL CLOWN SHOW!!!!!!
spyboy, ss9001, Archaea and 4 others like this.
post #723 of 860 Old 06-05-2019, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin_avp View Post
Here's my summary:

1. emotiva has admitted that the Panasonic chipset "is what it is". They even directly said that the slow switching times and such are artifacts of their decision. Conclusion: live with the flaky HDMI switching and slow sync times or don't buy it.

2. emotiva won't disclose what they test with. I personally think their testing is "Hair Nick" trying his Xbox in their demo room... if he can play a game, all must be well. Everything else is a user induced problem.

3. emotiva is discussing hdmi consortiums and compliance and stuff... who cares. None of us are on the HDMI compliance panels, we just want the frickin' $5k processor to switch sources and lock on without a reset and not drop the connection. Simple fact is that other companies don't have problems... enough said.

4. emotiva has told their distributors that all of the problems are solved and the only remaining issues are from outlying setups. Riiighhhttt.

At this point, I think it won't get much better. Hard resets, drop outs, flaky connections... this is how it will be if you buy this product. This is their "bar" for acceptance.

While there is no doubt that the timing of release and initial testing was a disaster, I don't think we can conclude that the unit is destined to perpetually remain as clunky as some on this thread have been experiencing (see the different examples from just a few posts above this one). Emotiva just released this unit too soon. The fact that some users are already experiencing significant improvements from the last firmware is encouraging. Let's see what happens in the next release.
Geronimo.USMC likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #724 of 860 Old 06-06-2019, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
It floors me that people can read through this thread and still be interested in buying one. Emotiva hasn't delivered a reliable pre/pro ever and they are full of empty promises. They show the RMC1 for years and sold Dirac as a huge feature and then release it and announce last second that Dirac won't be there at launch and here we are months later and still nothing. TOTAL CLOWN SHOW!!!!!!
Perhaps we misheard them. Maybe, a "LACK OF DIRAC" is the killer feature they promised?
post #725 of 860 Old 06-06-2019, 09:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 602 Post(s)
Liked: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
Emotiva would be foolish to encourage or seek out any professional reviews of the RMC-1 at this stage, assuming the reviewer gives an honest assessment of the product. A review that raves about the audio quality, but is honest about a whole host of usability issues and missing features (Dirac being the most obvious) wouldn't be good for Emotiva. A review that simply raves about the product would completely discredit the reviewer to those who either own the RMC-1 or follow discussion threads like this one.
Oh, you mean like the (unnamed) AVSForum reviewer who gave the RMC-1 a Best Product award @ CEDIA IIRC when it was only an unfinished, bare-bones "preamp" months before it was released? That one?

Since he's been a high profile reviewer here for quite a few years on both video & audio products, I'd like to think he's been embarrassed over this:

Lesson 1 - don't fall for company hype until a finished product, promised deliverables and proven performance are in hand

Lesson 2 - choose the product & company wisely when handing out awards at trade shows which by design are going to influence potential buyers - you have a responsibility

Regrettably for current RMC-1 owners, bugs, delays & missing features were predictable given Emotiva's history with prepros. I decided against considering it last summer and very glad I did. I have sympathy for you folks
spyboy, LydMekk, RUR and 4 others like this.

Steve

Last edited by ss9001; 06-06-2019 at 10:51 AM.
post #726 of 860 Old 06-06-2019, 11:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotikr1 View Post
Sources

Kalediscape Strato
Oppo 203
Dish Hopper
Apple TV 4K
Xbox One X
PS4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
HTPC w/2080TI

I don't get any weird sounds or pops. The only "issue" I have is there is about a 1-3 second delay when there is a sound format change. For instance on my Kalediscape if I change chapters I miss the first 1-3 seconds of audio then it locks on. It's not a deal breaker but I wish it would pick up quicker.

I think if your feeding only audio to the RMC via the Lumagen you will have success.

I've watched YouTube videos and the only issue I noticed was when I set the Windows audio to be Dolby Atmos when I would start a YouTube video there was that small delay. Once I was watching a video I could open another one and it would play instantly. I fixed this by just setting my Windows audio to 7.1 and now the videos pick up right away. I figure when it was set to Atmos the audio was changing when starting the YouTube video so thsts what cause the delay.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Ok..the Lumagen box will fix the RMC-1 problems reported in this forum with video switching. But to me, this does not makes any sense. The pricing of a Lumagen box can be as high as $5000, so you spent this much money to fix the problems of another $5000 box. Wouldn´t it be best to invest the $10,000 on an AV processor that actually works?
dinamigym likes this.
post #727 of 860 Old 06-06-2019, 11:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyhgarcia View Post
Ok..the Lumagen box will fix the RMC-1 problems reported in this forum with video switching. But to me, this does not makes any sense. The pricing of a Lumagen box can be as high as $5000, so you spent this much money to fix the problems of another $5000 box. Wouldn´t it be best to invest the $10,000 on an AV processor that actually works?

I get what you are saying but for me I’ve always had the Lumagen.

I don’t advise anyone to go out and buy a Lumagen just to use with an RMC. There are a lot of benefits to the Lumagen so if someone wanted to add one then they could and at least for me it works with the RMC.
dinamigym likes this.

Lind Family HT
HT - RS2000 - ST130 - Emotiva RMC-1 - XPA-7 - XPA-5 - GE Triton 2 - GE Supercenter XXL - GE Invisa 650 x 8 - Xbox One X - PS4 Pro - Oppo BDP-203 - Kalediscape Strato - HTPC 1008ti- Dual SVS PB16-Ultra's - Lumagen Radiance Pro
post #728 of 860 Old 06-06-2019, 11:31 AM
Rise & Grind

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotikr1 View Post
I get what you are saying but for me I’ve always had the Lumagen.

I don’t advise anyone to go out and buy a Lumagen just to use with an RMC. There are a lot of benefits to the Lumagen so if someone wanted to add one then they could and at least for me it works with the RMC.
Agreed!!! Does come at a cost, and wouldn't buy just to make the RMC-1 work, but in and of itself the Lumagen is a tremendous piece of gear. Jim & the tech support crew is as good as you'll find anywhere.
kaotikr1 likes this.

Trinnov Altitude 16, Magico A3, Magico ACC, Magico A1s, Dual Rythmik FV25HP
Amps- ATI AT523NC, AT524NC, AT528NC
Kaleidescape Terra Server/Strato, Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV4k, XFinity X1
Sony VPL-VW5000, 136" 2.35:1 Stewart Studiotek 100 screen, Lumagen Pro 4242
post #729 of 860 Old 06-06-2019, 12:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Idiot question here, what is the point of the Lumagen ?
post #730 of 860 Old 06-06-2019, 12:17 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFGuy View Post
Idiot question here, what is the point of the Lumagen ?
http://www.lumagen.com/

You can see the Lumagen thread.
Bascically it allows improved calibration vs the CMS in a projector or TV including working with automated professional calibration equipment.
Improved HDR with dynamic tone mapping.
giomania and dinamigym like this.

HT: Oppo UDP-203 -> Lumagen RadiancePro 4446 {18 GHz input x2 & 18 GHz output x1 cards} - "new (112818 FW)" 18 GHz microcode - parallel outs to --> [Audio: Denon 5308CI] --> [Video: JVC RS520 FW v30.1]
HT Details: link
post #731 of 860 Old 06-06-2019, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Quoted: 5273 Post(s)
Liked: 4796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_WI View Post

Improved HDR with dynamic tone mapping.
This feature makes a Lumagen Radiance Pro a must for projector owners wanting HDR.

Otherwise all that is needed is an HDFury Integral 2 ($249) or greater: https://hdfury.com/product/integral-2/

These devices from AVProconnect work quite well (configured via DIP Switches):
https://www.avprostore.com/AC-DA12-A...-auhd-gen2.htm
https://www.avprostore.com/18Gbps-Up...c-sc1-auhd.htm
post #732 of 860 Old 06-06-2019, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
This feature makes a Lumagen Radiance Pro a must for projector owners wanting HDR.

Otherwise all that is needed is an HDFury Integral 2 ($249) or greater: https://hdfury.com/product/integral-2/

These devices from AVProconnect work quite well (configured via DIP Switches):
https://www.avprostore.com/AC-DA12-A...-auhd-gen2.htm
https://www.avprostore.com/18Gbps-Up...c-sc1-auhd.htm
Hi Marc I read that hptc with MadVR it's better than even the Lumagen right now I'm building my theater and I sold my OPPO to just keep HTPC and that's it.

Can I configure the HTPC to pass only video to projector and audio to this Emotiva? I'm aware of the current issues but even with those I would like to try it because I have a discount card and people say sound is amazing when it works, but if somehow I can do with my HTPC what the Lumagen does that'll be perfect

Enviado desde mi SM-N9600 mediante Tapatalk
post #733 of 860 Old 06-06-2019, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Quoted: 5273 Post(s)
Liked: 4796
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanchibiris View Post
Hi Marc I read that hptc with MadVR it's better than even the Lumagen right now I'm building my theater and I sold my OPPO to just keep HTPC and that's it.

Can I configure the HTPC to pass only video to projector and audio to this Emotiva? I'm aware of the current issues but even with those I would like to try it because I have a discount card and people say sound is amazing when it works, but if somehow I can do with my HTPC what the Lumagen does that'll be perfect
I forgot to mention the Oppo 20x/CXUHD which can also be used to split audio & video (via the HDMI input as well). One can also connect a HDMI switch to the HDMI-In.

A setting that can help prevent resyncs by the display & SSP is to force the output of your UHD player to 4k 24Hz (2160p24).

Because madVR doesn't allow HDMI-In it isn't high on my radar. Are they doing Dynamic Tone Mapping now? I do have my eyes open for the madVR Envy. https://mailchi.mp/c7615e96b103/28ktk2x74t/ https://mailchi.mp/c7615e96b103/28ktk2x74t/

If you have dual HDMI interfaces on the PC you should be able to split audio & video.
post #734 of 860 Old 06-06-2019, 06:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
I've kept up with every post on the RMC-1 thread over at the Emotiva forum. Was hoping my 25% UFL discount might actually be worthwhile.

But what a train wreck. They got fundamental stuff wrong. Seems the user interface is sluggish and clunky. People complain that the encoder feels cheap and plasticky. Not to mention the serious operational flaws with the unit.

I think they're in over their heads.
HDMI is hard. They have not been able to get the Panasonic chipsets to work reliably. Other manufacturers use the same chips without difficulty.
DSP is hard. I think they parted company with Momentum Data Systems. Probably a bad move.
FPGA is really hard. Audio glitches, dropped sound, missing channels, screeches thumps and chirps. Who knows what kind of a convoluted mess they've created there.
Software is hard. Where's the web server interface? Where's Dirac?
Expansion modules will probably never see the light of day.

High Desert Theater - work in progress
Building Bass - Subs
Surrounds - Easy as Pi
Storage - unRAID unDELL
Mains - Another piece of Pi
post #735 of 860 Old 06-06-2019, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
I forgot to mention the Oppo 20x/CXUHD which can also be used to split audio & video (via the HDMI input as well). One can also connect a HDMI switch to the HDMI-In.

A setting that can help prevent resyncs by the display & SSP is to force the output of your UHD player to 4k 24Hz (2160p24).

Because madVR doesn't allow HDMI-In it isn't high on my radar. Are they doing Dynamic Tone Mapping now? I do have my eyes open for the madVR Envy. https://mailchi.mp/c7615e96b103/28ktk2x74t/ https://mailchi.mp/c7615e96b103/28ktk2x74t/

If you have dual HDMI interfaces on the PC you should be able to split audio & video.
There is a thread of MadVR tone mapping in the projector area, according to people who have both htpc and lumagen they said MadVR it's better for that.

In my case I will only use htpc as my only source and the vcard have hdmi and displaport I should be able to split audio and video each output I guess.

Enviado desde mi SM-N9600 mediante Tapatalk
post #736 of 860 Old 06-06-2019, 11:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Just so you guys know, lack of DIRAC, was not EMOTIVA's fault.

DIRAC had a lot of software engineering delays........Just passing on information.

VIA FACEBOOK:

Dirac Research

April 5 ·

Dirac & Emotiva Communities: We’ve met some unexpected obstacles developing the code for the ADI Griffin Lite platform that have caused us to fall behind our initial schedule.
Developing product across multiple teams, located across three continents, can present challenges – especially when pioneering a new generation of DSP for max performance.
However, efforts have been doubled, all obstacles have now officially been cleared, and we’re back on track. We’ll have an update on the new release date soon, and we thank you all for your patience and understanding. We promise the wait will be worth it!

- AUDIO: (7.2.4 Atmos) EMOTIVA RMC-1 | McIntosh MC-8207 + CROWN XLS 2502, 1502 | KEF LS50, SVS Prime Elevations, RYTHMIK G25HP + L22
- VIDEO: SONY OLED 65A1E | Panasonic UB820 | 44TB Synology DS1815+ | Dune Solo 4K | XBOX ONE X SCORPIO | PS4 PRO | Apple TV 4K | HTPC/Gaming Rig (Ryzen 3700X, GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI, 16GB, STRIX OC 1080TI, Auzen HDMI XFi)

Last edited by Geronimo.USMC; 06-07-2019 at 08:23 AM.
post #737 of 860 Old 06-07-2019, 01:55 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimo.USMC View Post
DIRAC had a lot of software engineering delays........Just passing on information.

VIA FACEBOOK:

Dirac Research

April 5 ·

Dirac & Emotiva Communities: We’ve met some unexpected obstacles developing the code for the ADI Griffin Lite platform that have caused us to fall behind our initial schedule.
Developing product across multiple teams, located across three continents, can present challenges – especially when pioneering a new generation of DSP for max performance.
However, efforts have been doubled, all obstacles have now officially been cleared, and we’re back on track. We’ll have an update on the new release date soon, and we thank you all for your patience and understanding. We promise the wait will be worth it!

With reference to our Facebook announcement of delays we are pleased to inform that the code has been completed so that it can be implemented by Emotiva and should not take long

Flavio

Warning: My posts might be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)
post #738 of 860 Old 06-07-2019, 08:04 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1876 Post(s)
Liked: 2275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon_Labe View Post
That is a ray of sunshine in an otherwise dark thread. The processor has so much potential, and I would love to own one when its finished. I wish these boutique companies would partner on these types of initiatives instead of trying to go it alone. Chevy and Ford finally did this with the new 10 speed automatic and it is the best performance transmission to come out of Detroit to date. I would to see the likes of an Emotiva, NAD. Monoprice, Anthem, etc combine efforts on a processor like this.
Yeah, it's obviously not likely to happen, but a reference architecture where each company has their own custom DAC and feature set mix would be pretty nice. The scary thing is that all those companies pooling their resources probably still wouldn't have close to the size of the D&M development team.
audiofan1 and Molon_Labe like this.
post #739 of 860 Old 06-08-2019, 10:25 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 88
There has to be a group of HDMI and programming experts that Emotiva can bring in to fix this piece of half-baked hardware, because the rate that they're moving at now is a complete joke. I honestly have my doubts that it'll ever be a complete piece of perfectly functioning hardware with expansion modules, Dirac, bass management, etc. I hope they prove me wrong as it's sitting in my rack collecting dust....
post #740 of 860 Old 06-09-2019, 06:38 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBLV View Post
There has to be a group of HDMI and programming experts that Emotiva can bring in to fix this piece of half-baked hardware, because the rate that they're moving at now is a complete joke. I honestly have my doubts that it'll ever be a complete piece of perfectly functioning hardware with expansion modules, Dirac, bass management, etc. I hope they prove me wrong as it's sitting in my rack collecting dust....

You would think, it appears they should realize they need an in-house HDMI guy as the HDMI 2.0 board seemed to be a train wreck too.
Its not like this will only get more complicated in the future. /s
post #741 of 860 Old 06-09-2019, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
The Monoprice HTP will be able to run 7.5.4 presumably with those 5 independent sub outputs able to utilize Dirac's new bass management module. And Emotiva can only run 2 sub outputs without an expansion module
post #742 of 860 Old 06-09-2019, 08:14 PM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaplewild View Post
The Monoprice HTP will be able to run 7.5.4 presumably with those 5 independent sub outputs able to utilize Dirac's new bass management module. And Emotiva can only run 2 sub outputs without an expansion module

I thought I saw three independent sub outputs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #743 of 860 Old 06-10-2019, 04:39 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 114
check in they émotiva site ,somes guy have other problem whit rmc-1 the new sound in the video ,DING DING DING .I never see that.

marantz av 8805, 13 chanels, emotiva 2 xpa 5 gen1,1 emotiva xpa3 gen3, 7.4.6,4 speakers monitor 11 ,2 paradigm studio 100 v2,4 ceillings speakers ss82w sweet spot earthquake ,2 earthquake ecs-8.0,1 center Paradigm cc390,4 subs klipsch r-sw112 sw.antimod 8033 perfect bass kit paradigm, Buttkicker amplificateur lfe 1000 watts, , tv oled 65e6p,, room 12x25x7,bluray player oppo bdp 203,4coolers ac infinity s9 fan.
post #744 of 860 Old 06-10-2019, 11:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1972 Post(s)
Liked: 2151
Quote:

VIA FACEBOOK:

Dirac Research

April 5 ·

Emotiva has a long history of missing release dates and over promising on hardware. So whether this was Dirac..Emotiva...both/neither, the trend is there far beyond just this Dirac issue with this specific release. The damage has been done, you only get one big release announcement and the excitement that comes with it. I'm not saying it won't sell long term but perceptions have been formed and some people will no longer consider this piece of equipment. Newer shinier toys will come along that will capture the imagination of AVS.
spyboy and llang269 like this.
post #745 of 860 Old 06-10-2019, 01:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Quote:

VIA FACEBOOK:

Dirac Research

April 5 ·

Emotiva has a long history of missing release dates and over promising on hardware. So whether this was Dirac..Emotiva...both/neither, the trend is there far beyond just this Dirac issue with this specific release. The damage has been done, you only get one big release announcement and the excitement that comes with it. I'm not saying it won't sell long term but perceptions have been formed and some people will no longer consider this piece of equipment. Newer shinier toys will come along that will capture the imagination of AVS.
Like I said, just passing information. If you want to bash, bash. Just be informed, and use facts.

I don't know why I was quoted, I was passing along info. I myself have the majority of the sentiments on this thread, but I do it accurately as an owner, and this being my 1st experience with the company regarding their processors.
ElTwo and HTNUT1975 like this.

- AUDIO: (7.2.4 Atmos) EMOTIVA RMC-1 | McIntosh MC-8207 + CROWN XLS 2502, 1502 | KEF LS50, SVS Prime Elevations, RYTHMIK G25HP + L22
- VIDEO: SONY OLED 65A1E | Panasonic UB820 | 44TB Synology DS1815+ | Dune Solo 4K | XBOX ONE X SCORPIO | PS4 PRO | Apple TV 4K | HTPC/Gaming Rig (Ryzen 3700X, GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI, 16GB, STRIX OC 1080TI, Auzen HDMI XFi)

Last edited by Geronimo.USMC; 06-10-2019 at 03:27 PM.
post #746 of 860 Old 06-10-2019, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Lack of Dirac is the least of Emotiva's (read: prospective RMC-1 buyers) worries at this point.
post #747 of 860 Old 06-11-2019, 07:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmo View Post
check in they émotiva site ,somes guy have other problem whit rmc-1 the new sound in the video ,DING DING DING .I never see that.
That was me and I'm not the first to encounter it. Another user had the same issue 5-6 months ago. After 45 minutes of watching Dolby content the dolby decoder chip began playing a loud "DING" every 60 seconds.

I'm currently trying to arrange for this third RMC to be returned and get the fourth RMC delivered to me. The UPS man is starting to know me by my first name with as many trips as I take dropping things off or picking them up.

The Other Theater (most recent build)
Old Woods Remodel
Old Wood Theater (first build)
Emotiva RMC-1 9.1.6 | JVC X790R | Emotiva XPA-5 | Emotiva XPA 4-3s | Oppo 203 | DIYSG 1099 | DIYSG Volt 8 | DIYSG Volt 6 | SVS PC-4000 | Seymour UF 132"
post #748 of 860 Old 06-12-2019, 03:55 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by deewan View Post
That was me and I'm not the first to encounter it. Another user had the same issue 5-6 months ago. After 45 minutes of watching Dolby content the dolby decoder chip began playing a loud "DING" every 60 seconds.
https://youtu.be/D-JQK01Pk6E

I'm currently trying to arrange for this third RMC to be returned and get the fourth RMC delivered to me. The UPS man is starting to know me by my first name with as many trips as I take dropping things off or picking them up.
Why did the put that "ding.wav" inside that chip anyway? Why does the chip plays that sound file? Did Emotiva tell you what it meant?

-Matt
post #749 of 860 Old 06-12-2019, 04:07 AM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 4248 Post(s)
Liked: 2993
Quote:
Originally Posted by warwwolf7 View Post
Why did the put that "ding.wav" inside that chip anyway? Why does the chip plays that sound file? Did Emotiva tell you what it meant?

-Matt
Dolby requires that companies do with decoders that haven't fully been through their qualification / certification process. It's basically a feature to stop a company from using non-final un-certified code. It would seem that there is a bug that results it in it turning on after some time.
deewan likes this.
post #750 of 860 Old 06-12-2019, 04:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Liked: 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Dolby requires that companies do with decoders that haven't fully been through their qualification / certification process. It's basically a feature to stop a company from using non-final un-certified code. It would seem that there is a bug that results it in it turning on after some time.
So Emotiva is deploying 3rd party beta code that never was intended outside of their labs? Impressive.
ss9001, Frohlich, RUR and 1 others like this.

Tower Cinema - 9.1.6 in a 12'x12' room
Input : Nvidia Shield TV, Panasonic DMP-UB400
Magic : Marantz SR7010, Marantz SR6010, 2x NAD T743
Output : Panasonic TX65EZ952B, SVS PB13 Ultra, Monitor Audio GSLCR 2xGS20 2xGS10 4xGSFX 6xBX1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page