The *Official* Emotiva RMC-1 owners thread - Page 31 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1665Likes

post #901 of 1594 Old 08-17-2019, 10:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post
My unit just got back from Emotiva! My firmware update failed so I had to send them my RMC-1.
After one month, I was so happy to install it and start it up!
I started up and a big surprise! err: init AXMC1
The unit never started up!

Does anyone know the meaning of this error?
Call EMOTIVA ASAP, and have them sort it out. I would be angry as well...........

- AUDIO: (7.1.4 ATMOS) Denon AVR-X3600H | McIntosh MC-8207 + CROWN XLS 2502, 1502 | KEF LS50, SVS Prime Elevations, RYTHMIK G25HP
- VIDEO: SONY OLED 65A9G | Panasonic UB820 | 44TB Synology DS1815+ | Dune Solo 4K | XBOX ONE X SCORPIO | PS4 PRO | Apple TV 4K | HTPC/Gaming Rig (Ryzen 3700X, GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI, 16GB, STRIX OC 1080TI, Auzen HDMI XFi)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 1594 Old 08-20-2019, 04:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked: 303
@deewan

When can we expect to see if FW 1.5 passes the D-Test?
Seems pretty promising atm.... but not 100% yet.
post #903 of 1594 Old 08-23-2019, 06:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackangus View Post
@deewan

For what it is worth... FW 1.5 is by far the best, smoothest and most complete FW release Emotiva has had. I'd give the latest FW release a passing grade, none of the other FW would I have done that. In other words, the Marnatz 8805 is out of the equipment stack right now and I have no plans of putting it back in. BUT there are still some quirks that must be worked out. I've communicated with Emotiva about them already and I know they are working on them. One of the issues will only impact a user if they have a 9.1.6 layout with front speakers set to large and enhanced bass turned on. There is also a work around for that particular issue so not a big deal breaker in my book. Another issue I've reported deals with the "Auto" setting for the sound decoder. The RMC doesn't always select the best or correct decoder and format for the signal it is receiving. Again, there is a work around so not a big deal breaker. There are a few more small issues but they aren't issues everyone would experience so it's difficult for me to knock them to hard.

I feel the RMC is finally a product that people can put in their equipment stacks and depend on. It's not a liability anymore and an owner shouldn't worry if it's going to fail or cause damage. I'd guess FW 1.6 will be a small improvement, but one that makes the RMC prime-time ready and have the RMC in a position that allows Emotiva to implement Dirac sooner rather than later. This is only a guess, and only MY PERSONAL guess, but I'd think Dirac will be released within 90 days.... just shy of the 1-year release anniversary.
RichB, bmcleod, rec head and 5 others like this.

The Other Theater (most recent build)
Old Woods Remodel
Old Wood Theater (first build)
Emotiva RMC-1 | JVC X790R | Emotiva XPA-5 | Emotiva XPA 4-3s | Oppo 203 | DIYSG 1099 | DIYSG Volt 8 | DIYSG Volt 6 | SVS PC-4000 | Seymour UF 132"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #904 of 1594 Old 08-23-2019, 07:06 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked: 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by deewan View Post
For what it is worth... FW 1.5 is by far the best, smoothest and most complete FW release Emotiva has had. I'd give the latest FW release a passing grade, none of the other FW would I have done that. In other words, the Marnatz 8805 is out of the equipment stack right now and I have no plans of putting it back in. BUT there are still some quirks that must be worked out. I've communicated with Emotiva about them already and I know they are working on them. One of the issues will only impact a user if they have a 9.1.6 layout with front speakers set to large and enhanced bass turned on. There is also a work around for that particular issue so not a big deal breaker in my book. Another issue I've reported deals with the "Auto" setting for the sound decoder. The RMC doesn't always select the best or correct decoder and format for the signal it is receiving. Again, there is a work around so not a big deal breaker. There are a few more small issues but they aren't issues everyone would experience so it's difficult for me to knock them to hard.

I feel the RMC is finally a product that people can put in their equipment stacks and depend on. It's not a liability anymore and an owner shouldn't worry if it's going to fail or cause damage. I'd guess FW 1.6 will be a small improvement, but one that makes the RMC prime-time ready and have the RMC in a position that allows Emotiva to implement Dirac sooner rather than later. This is only a guess, and only MY PERSONAL guess, but I'd think Dirac will be released within 90 days.... just shy of the 1-year release anniversary.

Again thanks for all you have done for this thread.

When you say there is a work around, do you mean you have figured out the work around or EMO is working on the work around for above mentioned issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-de...-approves.html
[url]https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/3079578-italian-job-sub-build-6-21s.html[/urlhttps://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/3002568-qsc-sc-2150-oem-lcr-build.html
post #905 of 1594 Old 08-23-2019, 08:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahuzz13 View Post
Again thanks for all you have done for this thread.

When you say there is a work around, do you mean you have figured out the work around or EMO is working on the work around for above mentioned issues.

Good question, I wasn't as clear as I should have been with my statement.

I tested and made sure my work around resolves the issue. Emotiva will have the fix migrated into the next firmware release. I want to state again the issue is only present if you have a 9.1.6 speaker layout, front speakers set to large with enhanced bass turned on. If you have front speakers to small or enhanced bass turned off, etc, you won't be impacted by the issue.

If there is anyone who has that layout and configuration and wants more info please reach out to me via PM. I'd be more than happy to share the details and work around until Emotiva releases FW 1.6.
brazensol and Mahuzz13 like this.

Old Woods Remodel
Emotiva RMC-1 | JVC X790R | Emotiva XPA-5 | Emotiva XPA 4-3s | Oppo 203 | DIYSG 1099 | DIYSG Volt 8 | DIYSG Volt 6 | SVS PC-4000 | Seymour UF 132"
post #906 of 1594 Old 08-23-2019, 08:15 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by deewan View Post
Quote:
@deewan

Will you be selling your 8805 any time soon....??? 🙂

😎It's just life, dude. We are all gonna die sometime--Might as well try and have a kickass time while we're still here.😜
post #907 of 1594 Old 08-23-2019, 08:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 813 Post(s)
Liked: 653
Good news about the firmware improvements! I will once again put the RMC-1 into consideration for purchase. However with the Monoprice HTP-1 so close to release I have some homework to do. Either way I will most likely be powering the processor I choose with Emotiva amps. Decisions, decisions. Since I have a 9.1.6 setup I'll have to get with deewan and find out more about these "workarounds".

Denali Cinema
JVC-RS540, 124" Wide 2.40:1 DIY Screen, Denon 8500H, Denon 6200W, Panasonic UB820 UHD Player, (3) iNuke 6000DSP; (2) iNuke NX3000D; (3) HTM-12; (14) RSL C34e surrounds; (2) 18" DA RSS460HO-4 Subwoofers; (1) DA UM18-22 18" Ultimax Subwoofer; (4) DA RSS390HO-4 15" Reference HO Subwoofers; BOSS Platform - (12) 12" Subwoofers
post #908 of 1594 Old 08-23-2019, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 355F1 View Post
Will you be selling your 8805 any time soon....??? 🙂
I'm going to keep the 8805 until a firmware is released that doesn't require me and my specific setup to have a work around. But I will be selling the 8805 once that happens. With any luck in the next few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazensol View Post
Good news about the firmware improvements! I will once again put the RMC-1 into consideration for purchase. However with the Monoprice HTP-1 so close to release I have some homework to do. Either way I will most likely be powering the processor I choose with Emotiva amps. Decisions, decisions. Since I have a 9.1.6 setup I'll have to get with deewan and find out more about these "workarounds".
I'm happy to help if I can.
Mike_WI and brazensol like this.

Old Woods Remodel
post #909 of 1594 Old 08-23-2019, 10:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
FWIW I would think that now the RMC-1 looks fairly stable after almost a year on the market. The HTP-1 will most likely have it's own bugs to work out upon arrival. Although I doubt they will be as much as the Emotiva had, there will still be some fine tuning for it to do.
pixphipau and brazensol like this.

Emotiva RMC-1
Mirage OMD C-2 Center;Mirage OMD-28 Mains;Mirage OMD-5 Surrounds
Mirage OMD-R Rears;Mono-Price 8" Alpha in Ceiling X4;Dual PSA S1510DF Subs
Sony VPL-VW385ES
Emotiva XPA DR-2 (Mains);XPA-9 (5.4)
post #910 of 1594 Old 08-23-2019, 12:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

After spending some time this morning on the Emotiva Lounge boards I think the RMC-1L will really hit everything I need for my theater. I will never need to go beyond 9.x.6 so expansion bays really don't interest me. I think I'll wait until it (hopefully) releases next month (as best I can pin the release date down) and see how it performs out of the box. Really, even the XMC-2 would work (didn't realize it was also 9.1.6 until today)! I don't think not having the DAC for the surrounds not being in mono mode will be a factor for me. Any other reason to not consider the XMC-2?
bmcleod and pixphipau like this.

Denali Cinema
JVC-RS540, 124" Wide 2.40:1 DIY Screen, Denon 8500H, Denon 6200W, Panasonic UB820 UHD Player, (3) iNuke 6000DSP; (2) iNuke NX3000D; (3) HTM-12; (14) RSL C34e surrounds; (2) 18" DA RSS460HO-4 Subwoofers; (1) DA UM18-22 18" Ultimax Subwoofer; (4) DA RSS390HO-4 15" Reference HO Subwoofers; BOSS Platform - (12) 12" Subwoofers
post #911 of 1594 Old 08-23-2019, 01:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1342 Post(s)
Liked: 1221
Quote:
After spending some time this morning on the Emotiva Lounge boards I think the RMC-1L will really hit everything I need for my theater. I will never need to go beyond 9.x.6 so expansion bays really don't interest me. I think I'll wait until it (hopefully) releases next month (as best I can pin the release date down) and see how it performs out of the box. Really, even the XMC-2 would work (didn't realize it was also 9.1.6 until today)! I don't think not having the DAC for the surrounds not being in mono mode will be a factor for me. Any other reason to not consider the XMC-2?
I wouldn't consider a 9.1.6 processor that doesn't have DTS:X Pro at least on the road map.
Archaea, deewan, brazensol and 1 others like this.

Tower Cinema - 9.1.6 in a 12'x12' room
Input : Nvidia Shield TV, Panasonic DMP-UB400
Magic : Marantz SR7010, Marantz SR6010, 2x NAD T743
Output : Panasonic TX65EZ952B, SVS PB13 Ultra, Monitor Audio GSLCR 2xGS20 2xGS10 4xGSFX 6xBX1
post #912 of 1594 Old 08-23-2019, 01:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
I wouldn't consider a 9.1.6 processor that doesn't have DTS:X Pro at least on the road map.
Certainly something to think about.

Denali Cinema
post #913 of 1594 Old 08-23-2019, 03:36 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 2295 Post(s)
Liked: 846
Quote:

Are you referring to just the XMC-1, or does that apply to the RMC-1 as well?

Noah
post #914 of 1594 Old 08-23-2019, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 649 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4065 Post(s)
Liked: 3866
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post
Are you referring to just the XMC-1, or does that apply to the RMC-1 as well?
Which receivers DO have DTS-X Pro on the roadmap? Unless someone only wants 7.1.4 which DTS-X currently handles - then I'd have to agree with @Mashie Saldana . I won't be buying an AVR or Pre-Pro at full retail until DTS-X Pro is on the table -- as well was HDMI 2.1.
Both are big enough advances that I've determined for my own use, they are worth waiting for.

If that takes a couple more years?
well, okay...

Archaea's 9.8.4 Home Theater Room
208 identical 1" tweeters, 52 identical 5" woofers, and 8 identical 18" subwoofers work in uniform to deliver an unquantifiably great experience!
post #915 of 1594 Old 08-23-2019, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 276 Post(s)
Quoted: 6035 Post(s)
Liked: 5614
Quote:
Good news about the firmware improvements! I will once again put the RMC-1 into consideration for purchase. However with the Monoprice HTP-1 so close to release I have some homework to do.
The outlook will be much clearer after CEDIA.
Quote:
Lonnie stated on the lounge that it is planned for Emotiva's SSPs (for what that's worth). I believe Monoprice will add it if the hardware supports it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Which receivers DO have DTS-X Pro on the roadmap?
None yet. The AVR-X8500 will likely be the first.
Quote:
Unless someone only wants 7.1.4 which DTS-X currently handles - then I'd have to agree with @Mashie Saldana . I won't be buying an AVR or Pre-Pro at full retail until DTS-X Pro is on the table -- as well was HDMI 2.1.
Developing HDMI 2.1 for SSPs would be a waste IMO. I don't think we will see it. I think HDMI 2.0b + eARC makes the most sense for SSPs moving forward.
bmcleod, dwaleke and brazensol like this.
post #916 of 1594 Old 08-23-2019, 10:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1298 Post(s)
Liked: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Which receivers DO have DTS-X Pro on the roadmap? Unless someone only wants 7.1.4 which DTS-X currently handles - then I'd have to agree with @Mashie Saldana . I won't be buying an AVR or Pre-Pro at full retail until DTS-X Pro is on the table -- as well was HDMI 2.1.

- Omitted -

Perhaps you have a local dealer who gives great service, otherwise why would you buy an AVR/AVP at full retail under any conditions? Most AVR's/AVP's are available from dealers on this forum at good prices and they are easy to deal with. With a small amount of added aggravation, you can also call online dealers and ask for a quote. If they won't give you a quote, then move on to another. Getting quotes is a standard business practice. In most companies multiple quotes are required, why would buying A/V products be any different?
love_that_sound likes this.
post #917 of 1594 Old 08-24-2019, 05:01 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:

Which ones do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
Developing HDMI 2.1 for SSPs would be a waste IMO. I don't think we will see it. I think HDMI 2.0b + eARC makes the most sense for SSPs moving forward.

Why is this? Are you thinking you just want to have all devices plugged into the display and the display to the AVR?

Last edited by theblackangus; 08-24-2019 at 05:11 AM.
post #918 of 1594 Old 08-24-2019, 06:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Any news about the expansion module? I would need 1 at least...
post #919 of 1594 Old 08-24-2019, 07:43 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolfu View Post
If you mean the 4 channel expansion module (several have been discussed), I don’t think it will be first, I remember the balanced input module coming next.

HT: Emotiva RMC-1> XPA-7G3/PA-1> B&W 805S, HTM3S, SCMS, HTM4S & SVS SB-4000 (7.2.2) | Sony XBR-85X900F
2C: Emotiva RMC-1> VTL MB-450> Magnepan 20.1R
Sources: Oppo UDP-203, DirecTV HS17/C61K, AppleTV4K, Mac mini, Thorens TD-295 IV w/ Grado Sonata > Emotiva XPS-1
post #920 of 1594 Old 08-24-2019, 08:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolfu View Post
No news on the expansion modules. I'm guessing Emotiva is more concerned about getting Dirac loaded to the RMC so they can start the countdown on the 30-day trial period for all the current owners.

Old Woods Remodel
post #921 of 1594 Old 08-24-2019, 09:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1342 Post(s)
Liked: 1221
Quote:
Which ones do?
The only confirmed one I know of is Trinnov Altitude.

Monoprice are checking if it can be done on the HTP-1 but no answer yet.

Tower Cinema - 9.1.6 in a 12'x12' room
Input : Nvidia Shield TV, Panasonic DMP-UB400
Magic : Marantz SR7010, Marantz SR6010, 2x NAD T743
Output : Panasonic TX65EZ952B, SVS PB13 Ultra, Monitor Audio GSLCR 2xGS20 2xGS10 4xGSFX 6xBX1
post #922 of 1594 Old 08-24-2019, 09:15 AM

Mentioned: 276 Post(s)
Quoted: 6035 Post(s)
Liked: 5614
Quote:
Why is this? Are you thinking you just want to have all devices plugged into the display and the display to the AVR?
Yes, essentially. 2.1 devices directly to the display and 2.0 can go to the SSP.

Quote:
With eARC, your SSP will be agnostic to all other HDMI 2.1 features as your HDMI 2.1 sources will connect directly to your HDMI 2.1 display. If you opt for this HDMI update it "should" be the last HDMI update for your SSP ever needed (if there is ever anything truly future proof).

Remember prior to HDMI (laserdisc, DVD, digital cable & satellite, etc.) when we had separate video (composite, S-Video component, DVI) and audio (5.1 analog, SPDIF coax/TOSlink) connections to get 5.1 audio? Those that require HDMI 2.1 will return to that concept. With ARC/eARC a single 18Gbps HDMI cable can deliver both video from SSP to Display and audio from Display to SSP. Both your SSP (<18Gbps) and HDMI 2.1 display will have HDMI switching capability.

https://www.displaydaily.com/paid-ne...proof-solution

HDFury's newest HDMI audio extraction devices will support eARC extraction for those without eARC support in their SSP.

https://www.hdfury.com/product-category/earc-hdmi/
post #923 of 1594 Old 08-24-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Yes, essentially. 2.1 devices directly to the display and 2.0 can go to the SSP.
I’d miss the OSD, but understand some components work better connected directly to the display, and handshaking would be faster. Currently all my devices pass through well. I would like eARC (if just to have a reliable ARC) for OTA and maybe playing with the TV’s apps, but really just a ‘nice to have’.

HT: Emotiva RMC-1> XPA-7G3/PA-1> B&W 805S, HTM3S, SCMS, HTM4S & SVS SB-4000 (7.2.2) | Sony XBR-85X900F
Sources: Oppo UDP-203, DirecTV HS17/C61K, AppleTV4K, Mac mini, Thorens TD-295 IV w/ Grado Sonata > Emotiva XPS-1
post #924 of 1594 Old 08-24-2019, 10:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 464
Quote:
In my opinion, this doesn't seem like a good idea. Most people with a system that would require the RMC-1 would most likely have a rack somewhere for their equipment. I can't imagine having to run multiple HDMI cables from the rack to the display. HDMI 2.0 for 4K resolution is already a challenge for >~25' unless you go with active fiber cables or extenders. I'd much prefer to do multiple 3'-5' runs from the source device to the RMC-1 than to have to deal with signal quality of multiple cables >25' inside a wall.

Even if their equipment was sitting just below the display, trying to hide a bundle of HDMI cables could be a challenge if the display is mounted on a wall or the feet are slender. Now let's consider how many people who have this unit may also be running it in theater room with a projector. Not many projectors (if there even are any) would have more than 2 HDMI inputs. Any new projector models would require adding multiple HDMI inputs and adding to their already astronomical prices for the high end units. Workaround to that would be using some type of HDMI switch in between the source devices and the projector.

The only benefit I can see to this is for people who have different display settings per input for things like game consoles. Game consoles/gaming PCs are the only thing off the top of my head that may necessitate the use of a direct connection to the display for low input lag. I know my current AVR has a specific input for gaming consoles/PCs that can disable video processing for lower input lag. I'm not a gamer so I have no idea how effective that is.
gsr, DS-21, bmcleod and 2 others like this.
post #925 of 1594 Old 08-25-2019, 09:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 128
I'm stopping the HDMI game at 2.0 and 4k. Enough already.

High Desert Theater - work in progress
Building Bass - Subs
Surrounds - Easy as Pi
Storage - unRAID unDELL
Mains - Another piece of Pi
post #926 of 1594 Old 08-25-2019, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1298 Post(s)
Liked: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc135 View Post
In my opinion, this doesn't seem like a good idea. Most people with a system that would require the RMC-1 would most likely have a rack somewhere for their equipment. I can't imagine having to run multiple HDMI cables from the rack to the display. HDMI 2.0 for 4K resolution is already a challenge for >~25' unless you go with active fiber cables or extenders. I'd much prefer to do multiple 3'-5' runs from the source device to the RMC-1 than to have to deal with signal quality of multiple cables >25' inside a wall.

Even if their equipment was sitting just below the display, trying to hide a bundle of HDMI cables could be a challenge if the display is mounted on a wall or the feet are slender. Now let's consider how many people who have this unit may also be running it in theater room with a projector. Not many projectors (if there even are any) would have more than 2 HDMI inputs. Any new projector models would require adding multiple HDMI inputs and adding to their already astronomical prices for the high end units. Workaround to that would be using some type of HDMI switch in between the source devices and the projector.

The only benefit I can see to this is for people who have different display settings per input for things like game consoles. Game consoles/gaming PCs are the only thing off the top of my head that may necessitate the use of a direct connection to the display for low input lag. I know my current AVR has a specific input for gaming consoles/PCs that can disable video processing for lower input lag. I'm not a gamer so I have no idea how effective that is.

HDMI 2.1, including eARC, allows added flexibility in an installation. These new standards don't force you to do anything that doesn't make sense, and are designed to be backward compatible with previous versions of HDMI.

HDMI 2.1, when it arrives, if it works, etc., will (should) allow four 6MShps channels for video on today's Premium HDMI cables. This takes the raw data rate to 24MSh/s vs. 18MSh/s today. With the more the efficient encoding used with HDMI 2.1 the effective data rate will increase this by another 10% or so. Display Stream Compression (DSC) may allow another 3x in effective "visual" throughput. Potentially this takes the delivered visual performance to the area of 70+MSh/s. This is 24MSh/s plus compression. If HDMI 2.1 really is able to work in this manner, it may allow delivery of much high resolutions to more remote devices such as projectors.

HDMI 2.1 cable runs will have to be very short, say a meter or two. If HDMI 2.1 can't be used as described in the previous paragraph then access to very high digital video data rates will require equipment to be located close to the display device or additional auxiliary transfer methods, such as are used today with HDMI 2.0 will have to be developed. This is a non-trivial exercise at the higher HDMI 2.1 raw data rates (up to 48MSh/s).

For TV's, a potential advantage of HDMI 2.1 is to connect sources that are delivered by wired Ethernet or Wi-Fi to flat panel TV's to take advantage to the user interfaces offered by flat panel TV's. Full bandwidth digital audio could then be transferred to the rack using eARC via the HDMI cable that is already in place. Please understand, that such a source could still be connected in the rack if desired and the digital video transferred via HDMI to the TV. There are no limitations, just added options.

We would be saved from all this, if the content providers would allow the original compressed data from sources, (Internet, Blu-Ray, cable TV, etc.) to be taken to the final display devices. Such a change of heart would allow transfer via switched Gigabit Ethernet or Wi-Fi, with modest use of the available bandwidth. Of course the likelihood of this happening is in the, "When pigs fly," category.
RichB likes this.

Last edited by bigguyca; 08-25-2019 at 11:05 AM.
post #927 of 1594 Old 08-25-2019, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked: 126
I am very interested in the upcoming RMC-1L. My understanding is the units will be the same other than the expansion bays.

Can someone who has this prepro tell me what the crossover slope choices for the speakers are? It doesn’t say in the manual. Do these choices apply to the speakers or is it just the ability to change the slope of the subwoofer roll off like the Xmc-1 had?

Has emotive given any indication of whether the new Dirac bass management software will be able to be used with the RMC-1?

post #928 of 1594 Old 08-25-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaucom View Post
I am very interested in the upcoming RMC-1L. My understanding is the units will be the same other than the expansion bays.

Can someone who has this prepro tell me what the crossover slope choices for the speakers are? It doesn’t say in the manual. Do these choices apply to the speakers or is it just the ability to change the slope of the subwoofer roll off like the Xmc-1 had?

Has emotive given any indication of whether the new Dirac bass management software will be able to be used with the RMC-1?
My RMC-1 is on the way, I’m assuming the crossover slopes are the same as the XMC-1, which are 12 & 24 dB/8va. The XMC-1 has Low Pass and High Pass so not sure if it will be different.

Keith at Emo has laid out the Dirac roadmap, which includes the (free) ‘base layer’, and then the optional Bass modules for $249 and $399 (multiple subs). He implied that they would likely become available on the RMC-1/1L and XMC-2, but that there’d be nothing new for the XMC-1, also no timeline for the Bass options (apparently they’re being debuted at CEDIA). The 1L should be a nice choice.

Edit: I may have misspoke, I just reread one of Keith’s posts where he said that Dirac Live 2 would be coming on all the new processors, but when he discussed the extra cost Bass options, he specifically called out the RMC-1.

Last edited by bmcleod; 08-25-2019 at 12:42 PM.
post #929 of 1594 Old 08-25-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguyca View Post
HDMI 2.1 cable runs will have to be very short, say a meter or two. If HDMI 2.1 can't be used as described in the previous paragraph then access to very high digital video data rates will require equipment to be located close to the display device or additional auxiliary transfer methods, such as are used today with HDMI 2.0 will have to be developed. This is a non-trivial exercise at the higher HDMI 2.1 raw data rates (up to 48MSh/s).
This will be a real issue with the larger 8K micro-LED panels being shown; if not done right the placement of HDMI inputs on the panel itself could make it very difficult to hook equipment up given the short cable lengths.

post #930 of 1594 Old 08-25-2019, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 2295 Post(s)
Liked: 846
Quote:
...HDMI 2.1, when it arrives, if it works, etc., will (should) allow four 6MShps channels ...

What is MShps?
Mashie Saldana likes this.

Noah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page