Originally Posted by McLuvin
Hi Deewan, maybe a silly question and you may have already answered elsewhere, but do you do a complete factory reset after each firmware update? I know you shouldn't have to, but I find them to correct most issues after a firmware update and was curious if this was your practice as well? I do not own an RMC-1, but follow this practice on just about every processor I own.
I believe I've posted it on this thread, but if not I've posted it many times over on the Emotiva forum. Here is the process I follow for updating the FW on the RMC
1. Save all my settings to a USB stick.
2. Do a factory reset on the processor.
3. Load my saved settings.
4. Power everything down in your system.
5. Unplug everything from power source, TV, Processor, all source devices.
6. Unplugged RMC.
7. Power on RMC and load new FW.
8. After FW has successfully loaded, power off RMC. Wait 10 seconds and plug all source devices back in.
9. Give all the units a minute to do the behind the scenes work.
10. Turn everything on.
11. Ensure personal settings (input names, speaker distances) are still loaded.
12. Using a SPL meter, set speaker channel levels using internal test tones and confirm with external test tones.
13. Pray the RMC works.
I've given considerable thought if I need to move step 13 sooner in the process.