Amplifiers, Buzz, Power Conditioners - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 30Likes

post #61 of 66 Old 03-15-2019, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked: 689
I just switched ISP and went from Bell to Videotron (here in Canada). Bell used phones lines and Videotron uses RG6 coax cable. Now I am stuck with a major buzz in my speakers. As soon as I unplug the coax cable, the buzz disappear.

To fix the issue, I tried to run the cable trough my Furman Elite-15 cable connectors and it did nothing to help while it's suppose to have a built-in ground buzz suppressor according to the manual.

Your help is the most welcome!

MAKE AUDIO GREAT AGAIN | Dedicated Sonus Faber HT 7.2.4 | FRONTS: Sonus Faber Venere 2.0 CENTER: Sonus Faber Venere Centre FRONT WIDES: Sonus Faber Venere 1.5 SURROUNDS: Sonus Faber Venere 1.5 TF/TR - ATMOS-DTS:X: Sonus Faber Venere Wall (4) | RECEIVER: Marantz SR7010 AMPLIFICATION: Monolith 7x200 | SUBWOOFERS: Dual 18" Dayton RSS460 Custom Build | Behringer iNuke 6000DSP | Velodyne SMS-1 DISPLAY: JVC D-ILA RS-46 w/ 128" 16:9 1.4 TREATMENT: Custom Bass Traps and Acoustic Panels (11)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 Old 03-16-2019, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Good news, I bought a standalone ground isolator and the buzz is gone! Sucks that my expensive Furman Elite can't even fix that but a $14 filter could...

MAKE AUDIO GREAT AGAIN | Dedicated Sonus Faber HT 7.2.4 | FRONTS: Sonus Faber Venere 2.0 CENTER: Sonus Faber Venere Centre FRONT WIDES: Sonus Faber Venere 1.5 SURROUNDS: Sonus Faber Venere 1.5 TF/TR - ATMOS-DTS:X: Sonus Faber Venere Wall (4) | RECEIVER: Marantz SR7010 AMPLIFICATION: Monolith 7x200 | SUBWOOFERS: Dual 18" Dayton RSS460 Custom Build | Behringer iNuke 6000DSP | Velodyne SMS-1 DISPLAY: JVC D-ILA RS-46 w/ 128" 16:9 1.4 TREATMENT: Custom Bass Traps and Acoustic Panels (11)
post #63 of 66 Old 03-21-2019, 04:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Damn it, I have just noticed a ground loop buzz again. It completely disappear when I use a cheater plug. I don't know what to do anymore

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 66 Old 03-21-2019, 05:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

At that point, I am thinking of:

1) Buying the EBTech Hum-X

2) Using a cheater plug with a GFCI outlet

3) Using a cheater plug with a GFCI outlet AND an arc fault breaker

What are your thoughts?

post #65 of 66 Old 03-21-2019, 05:38 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgrise View Post
At that point, I am thinking of:

1) Buying the EBTech Hum-X

2) Using a cheater plug with a GFCI outlet

3) Using a cheater plug with a GFCI outlet AND an arc fault breaker

What are your thoughts?

Jsgrise, i’m in the same boat as you, south shore of MTL, same provider Videotron. What i tried was not very « as per code » lol i tried to ground their equipement. Just next my breaker box their cable split up to all over the house, i hooked a wire from their box to the ground and most of my buzz where gone.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Warning to prevent risk of injuries, you should always be smarter than the equipment you are about to use.
post #66 of 66 Old 03-21-2019, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouack View Post
Jsgrise, i’m in the same boat as you, south shore of MTL, same provider Videotron. What i tried was not very « as per code » lol i tried to ground their equipement. Just next my breaker box their cable split up to all over the house, i hooked a wire from their box to the ground and most of my buzz where gone.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
I disconnected the main coax cable, so the buzz is not ISP related anymore...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page