Yamaha RX465 HDMI though is stuck on creating connection issues - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Espo77

post #1 of 4 Old 12-23-2018, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Yamaha RX465 HDMI though is stuck on creating connection issues

Yamaha RX465 HDMI though is stuck on creating connection issues

The AVR worked fine for a few years, then a HDMI though red dot lights up on the display when AVR is off the red light is on when AVR is on the red light goe’s off.

I don’t remember how this HDMI though got configured, I didn’t purposely turn it on.

I have the AVR connected as a switch hub the PCs HDMI is input#2 the preferred port,
DVR HDMI is input#3 AVR output to input of TV also a optical cable from AVR to TV (there is a red optical light from inside this cable).

Here’s what’s happening turn on the AVR & TV though the AVR speakers audio plays for around 5 seconds then mutes, TVs video still plays.

Then w/ TV still on I attempt to turn on the PC by turning on AVR HDMI#2 the blank/black screen appears w/ TVchannel # displayed continue pressing HDMI#2 hoping for the PCs blank screen so moving the PCs mouse should wake the PC (which it does).

then the AVR get seriously confussed there is a constant switching back and forth from TV to PC (which is a blank/black screen w/ only the channel # to the PCs blank screen.

after a half dozen or more switchs between blank TV screen and blank PC screen the PC will eventually sinck up and I have both audio/video it’s a painfull way of turning on the PC.

The rare time I turn on the DVR (which is low definition) there is zero AVR confusion switching it works as it should w/ audio and doesn’t try to constanly switch back and forth from DVR to TV.

Additionally the TVs CEC function is turned off, the TV speakers are set to external.
Thanks for any advice STB

Samsung PN58C500/Amp: Yamaha RX-V465/Polk DSW1KProSub/DefTECH SM450/C1CC/Pro80/Sony BPX37 BD/Magnavox515/ HTPC-CPU: I3 550, 3.2 GHz/Mobo: Intel H57/RAM: 6GB DDR3 1333/HDD: 1TB/2TBX2 Internal, 1TB external/Tuner: 1800-950 Haupague/W7 64 OS Remote: Harmony 700

Last edited by stevethebrain; 12-23-2018 at 08:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-24-2018, 05:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

anyone know how to turn off HDMI though

Samsung PN58C500/Amp: Yamaha RX-V465/Polk DSW1KProSub/DefTECH SM450/C1CC/Pro80/Sony BPX37 BD/Magnavox515/ HTPC-CPU: I3 550, 3.2 GHz/Mobo: Intel H57/RAM: 6GB DDR3 1333/HDD: 1TB/2TBX2 Internal, 1TB external/Tuner: 1800-950 Haupague/W7 64 OS Remote: Harmony 700
post #3 of 4 Old 12-24-2018, 06:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevethebrain View Post
anyone know how to turn off HDMI though
If you know where the CEC feature is, go to that. The "standby through" should be on that same page. The red "dot" is on, indicating it's turned on. This allows an HDMI signal to pass through receiver, and reach the TV while receiver is off.
Can you find this on your receiver's GUI?
stevethebrain likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 12-24-2018, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

so the HDMI though is causing this constant switching back and forth?

the receiver is always turned on. I never had this constant switching back and forth from TV to PC, the switching is very quick like less than a second.

I can actually hold the PC button on the remote and the AVR still continues to switch what is this self switching referred to as?

I don't know where the CEC feature is on the AVR.

when I select menu I have

speaker setup
sound setup
function setup
DSP parameter
memeory guard

I've clicked on every sub catagory w/in each of pages didn't see CEC

I kept clicking and found standby was able to turn off the red light hopfully this HDMI though was the AVRs switching problem.

function setup-HDMI1- standby off bye bye peskie red light, I like this entry level AVR it has decent sound and switching really all I need/want.

will try out later and report back if this in fact was causing the constant switching when turning on the PC.

not the solution but has minimized the constant switching, back to resolving crape.
Thanks STB

Last edited by stevethebrain; 12-24-2018 at 09:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page