Monoprice HTP-1 announced. (16ch, 9.1.6 Atmos Surround Sound Processor) - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 429Likes

post #271 of 548 Old 03-31-2019, 10:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)
Liked: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
I'm glad you didn't get rude.
I know you never do.

Quote:
Your Atmos comments and discussion (in this case) belong in the Atmos discussion thread where you will get proper traction. You can also search the keywords GRAVITY and SNAP in that thread. I typed an entire tutorial on using the forum thread search tool as well as Google for you.
I'm sorry, but NOTHING belongs in an 1800 page thread at this point, IMO. That thread is unapproachable at this juncture as it's a black hole that anything posted in it becomes lost and even a search engine can't solve everything. There comes a time when threads should end and new ones should begin. You cannot put "everything Atmos" in one thread. My comments pertained to an issue with 9.1.6 and 11.1.6 processors that will soon become available. They are not meant as abstract general Atmos discussion and do not apply to 95% of all Atmos users.

Whether Gravity is a snap or not, the snap function is still an issue as it places sounds where they should not be. If they are meant for the wide location (between front and side surround) then that's where they should be. Whether a given speaker can produce a 'pinpoint' enough phantom sound or not is not a decision that should be left up to the sound engineer to arbitrarily move it somewhere else, especially in the light of the lack of AVRs supporting front wides at this juncture. The user should be allowed to decide whether his system sounds better with phantom imaging or hard speakers (if he even has a choice). Unfortunately, other than convincing sound engineers to not use the snap function, it's probably too late at this point. Dolby should take a hard stance against pinning speakers for arbitrary "channel layout" designs as Disney is doing as this defeats the entire point of Atmos and turns it into Auro-3D Layout V2.0 instead and makes high-end Atmos systems pretty much non-functional in larger rooms as most of the speakers will not be utilized. That would include the HTP-1 with its 9.1.6 layout.

Click THEATER (Updated: May-22-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 7-5-19)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 548 Old 03-31-2019, 11:16 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Quoted: 6963 Post(s)
Liked: 5938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
What is 7.2.4?
Speaker configuration.
Quote:
Is there any soundtrack that has x.2.x? I don't get it.
When you see numbers like 5.1.4 or 9.1.6, do you believe they're describing discrete channels in a soundtrack?

Sanjay
post #273 of 548 Old 04-01-2019, 04:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Quoted: 3687 Post(s)
Liked: 3279
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post
Speaker configuration. When you see numbers like 5.1.4 or 9.1.6, do you believe they're describing discrete channels in a soundtrack?
For the LFE channel, yes. And for Atmos satellites, potentially but not necessarily, yes.

In HT, subs are summed and function as a single unit with multiple drivers - like a speaker. If I have a three 4-way speakers, should that count as 12?

Last edited by Gooddoc; 04-01-2019 at 04:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #274 of 548 Old 04-01-2019, 07:43 AM

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Quoted: 6963 Post(s)
Liked: 5938
Quote:
For the LFE channel, yes. And for Atmos satellites, potentially but not necessarily, yes.
Common use of the X.x nomenclature changed a long time ago to also describe speaker layouts.
Gooddoc likes this.

Sanjay
post #275 of 548 Old 04-01-2019, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1817 Post(s)
Liked: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumX View Post
That thread is unapproachable at this juncture as it's a black hole that anything posted in it becomes lost and even a search engine can't solve everything.
Whether Gravity is a snap or not, the snap function is still an issue as it places sounds where they should not be.

You don't have to search, just ask your question.

As for the snap issue, I believe at least one other person hasn't experienced w/the same soundtrack; are you sure it isn't something related to your complex setup?

Noah
post #276 of 548 Old 04-01-2019, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 705 Post(s)
Liked: 527
Give me a working 9.1.6 AVR single box solution and I'll be happy!

Denali Cinema
JVC-RS540, 124" Wide 2.40:1 DIY Screen, Denon 8500H, Denon 6200W, Panasonic UB820 UHD Player, (3) iNuke 6000DSP's; (3) HTM-12's; (14) RSL C34e surrounds; (2) 18" Dayton Audio RSS460HO-4 Subwoofers; (1) Dayton Audio UM18-22 18" Ultimax Subwoofer; (4) Dayton Audio RSS390HO-4 15" Reference HO Subwoofers
post #277 of 548 Old 04-01-2019, 10:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post
You don't have to search, just ask your question.
I wasn't aware I ever had any "question" to ask. I made a comment. I get a reply pointing to an 1800 page thread with no explanation why.

Quote:
As for the snap issue, I believe at least one other person hasn't experienced w/the same soundtrack; are you sure it isn't something related to your complex setup?
I have no way on heaven or earth of knowing what other people have experienced. When it's too much bother for someone to go to the exact section of a movie and see what their system does, the point is moot. It may very well be a simple issue of a film mixing guy who doesn't "believe" in "panned dialog" so he's "SNAPPING" it on purpose (no "Atmos" setting needed). I've seen a lot of movies like that (oddly panned dialog is very rare for some bizarre reason, despite it being accurate to on-screen position while snapping things to speakers is stupid, IMO, but it is what it is; "dialog in center only while actors are on-screen" seems to be a real thing), but they usually do it when the person gets close to the edge of the screen or something, not while the actor is still in the middle of it, which is why it seemed weird in Gravity. I've only seen one other film do that now and that's Hunter Killer, which may not be that feature either, just some odd "style" of panning sound around (at least one scene seemed to go the wrong direction, which I don't know if it's an editing error of the changed the camera angle and I didn't notice). Either way, I'd prefer sounds meant for the wide location to appear there, not at the fronts. I have no idea why Dolby created that option. Phantom images pan just fine between front and side surrounds in most systems. DTS:X does it all the time (Harry Potter films do it a lot for example).

As for my "complex" setup, there's nothing all that complex about it. Matrixed sound can't move sounds to new locations. It sums two channels and puts a speaker in the middle of it to help with imaging for off-center seats and smoother pans. It acts like an array since sounds aren't removed from the main channels. The extracted overheads for "top middle" do act like discrete (sounds are removed from front/rear height) but these aren't involved in any of these scenes and simply use Pro Logic to extract a center. What you're suggesting would be like watching a Pro Logic movie and suddenly the dialog shifts to the back of the room or something instead of coming out of the center speaker. It just doesn't happen.

Click THEATER (Updated: May-22-2019) for pics: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Dialog Lift - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub; 2nd Room (Updated Apr-22-2019): 48" Plasma TV, Carver AL-III, Carver C-5 Pre-Amp, Technics SH-AC500D, Dual Carver TFM-35x Amps (Active Bi-Amp), Klipsch Surrounds ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S, LD, GameCube : Props (Updated 7-5-19)
post #278 of 548 Old 04-01-2019, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
What is 7.2.4? Is there any soundtrack that has x.2.x? I don't get it.

I thought this processor was supposed to be using Dirac's new subeq thingy. What is all the talk about external hardware for sub management if it has that? Shouldn't be necessary so long as your speaker and sub counts don't exceed 16 channels. But even if you use an external device, you only need 1 bass channel out from the prepro to feed it.

I must be missing something 😁.
It's not about the source material, but the capability of the AVP to process.
I want in particular that all subwoofers are handled in regards to, time-alignment, level and EQ.
Some AVP only process the subs as mono.
If vendors just would provide specific information here.

I've asked e.g. Emotiva about the RMC-2, it can not handle properly two or more subs.
And I still have no clear message about the HTP-1.

I know e.g. the Lexicon MC-10 can do it, at least they state .2.x and it has Dirac. (I had Lexicon in the past, they are great)
That is a serious contender for me now.

For simplicity, but lack of Dirac, I may go with the Marantz 8805 (I have the 8802 now).
But I've heard so much about Dirac...

-Roland
post #279 of 548 Old 04-01-2019, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1817 Post(s)
Liked: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumX View Post
I have no way on heaven or earth of knowing what other people have experienced.

You might find an experience or two on an online forum, but you seem to be more interested in being disgruntled.
LondonBenji and duckymomo like this.

Noah
post #280 of 548 Old 04-01-2019, 10:51 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 1601 Post(s)
Liked: 1245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
I actually thought Gravity had one of the better Atmos tracks out there. The thing about the extra two screen speakers is if they're considered more like fixed object screen channels during the mixing stage or whether they allow for a free flow of object movement, or if because anything outside of a Trinnov has no lookup table for those speaker locations the objects behave weirdly.
I've got Gravity in Atmos at home, and also have Lc/Rc speakers inside the L/C and R/C configuration within my 100" AT screen. From what I remember, the screens are only used occasionally, not with the voice moving from Left to Lc or C to Rc, or anything like that in a clockwise or counter-clockwise way, but more passthrough ambient effects. However, I can test this in the next couple of days on the George Clooney dialog scenes and report back to you.

In general, I think of Gravity as one of those Atmos movies where everything is used, and sounds spin around the room, at least until the part where Sandra Bullock is in the Russian craft.
Dan Hitchman, jsgrise and MagnumX like this.

Audio Gear: Trinnov Altitude 32 (24 channel), NAD M27 amps (3)
Video: JVC RS600, Seymour 100" UF Screen, Lumagen Radiance Pro 4444 (coming soon)
Speakers: PSB Imagine T3 LCR, Imagine T Wides/Side Surround 1, T2 Side Surrounds, Imagine XB rears, Image B6 screens, PSB CS1000 ceilings (6), HSU ULS-15 Mk 2 subs (4) - 13.4.6
HAA HT1 and HT2 Certification
post #281 of 548 Old 04-01-2019, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4457 Post(s)
Liked: 2507
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrucker View Post
I've got Gravity in Atmos at home, and also have Lc/Rc speakers inside the L/C and R/C configuration within my 100" AT screen. From what I remember, the screens are only used occasionally, not with the voice moving from Left to Lc or C to Rc, or anything like that in a clockwise or counter-clockwise way, but more passthrough ambient effects. However, I can test this tonight and report back to you.

Cool! Much obliged.

Are you headed to CEDIA this year? I'm definitely going as it's in my neck of the woods this time.

Listen up, studios! Dolby Atmos Lite™ print-outs must stop!!
post #282 of 548 Old 04-01-2019, 11:05 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
Cool! Much obliged.

Are you headed to CEDIA this year? I'm definitely going as it's in my neck of the woods this time.
Planning on it at the moment, but hadn’t really thought it through much yet.

Video: JVC RS600, Seymour 100" UF Screen, Lumagen Radiance Pro 4444 (coming soon)
Speakers: PSB Imagine T3 LCR, Imagine T Wides/Side Surround 1, T2 Side Surrounds, Imagine XB rears, Image B6 screens, PSB CS1000 ceilings (6), HSU ULS-15 Mk 2 subs (4) - 13.4.6
post #283 of 548 Old 04-01-2019, 11:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post
You might find an experience or two on an online forum, but you seem to be more interested in being disgruntled.
How am I "disgruntled" ??? I did NOT ask a question. I made a comment about the "snap to" function being a problem for setups that try to get around the other Atmos problem which is pinned/locked setups (whereby even an expensive Trinnov is struck with silent speakers beyond the remapping function's limitations). Whether Gravity or Hunter Killer actually uses "snap to" or not (it could just be an editing choice) doesn't change its effect of folding sounds back into the speakers instead of using phantom imaging. Disney using pinned soundtracks is a much bigger problem for the Monoprice HTP-1 as it neuters it down to 11-channel operation. What's the point in paying for channels beyond 11 if you can't use them?

Thus, the only question I want to ask is from Dolby and why they allow that function to be used in the first place. It should be part of their license for new soundtracks (I can see a reason to pin older conversions where sounds can't be separated easily) to fully utilize the object mapping, not hobble it on purpose for their own purposes that screws owners of high-end home cinemas with sub-standard sound. Neural X is not an option so long as the 11-channel limit exists and if they obey the Dolby request to not let 3rd party upmixers work with even the base soundtracks of Dolby, it never will be an option. DSU will not use all the speakers in a high-end Atmos setup either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrucker View Post
I've got Gravity in Atmos at home, and also have Lc/Rc speakers inside the L/C and R/C configuration within my 100" AT screen. From what I remember, the screens are only used occasionally, not with the voice moving from Left to Lc or C to Rc, or anything like that in a clockwise or counter-clockwise way, but more passthrough ambient effects. However, I can test this in the next couple of days on the George Clooney dialog scenes and report back to you.

In general, I think of Gravity as one of those Atmos movies where everything is used, and sounds spin around the room, at least until the part where Sandra Bullock is in the Russian craft.
I'm definitely curious about that moment, but I half suspect it may simply be a situation where it's avoiding a dialog "pan" as some mixers seem to think that forbidden or something and tend to snap to the nearest speaker after they move so far over. I've seen that a lot in movies, but what made this seem weird is that Clooney's voice moved over to the right speaker shortly before the camera panned over a moment later. I realize it's one moment, but it threw me instantly when I saw it since most of the other pans in the movie are smooth (right after that it pans around behind me and back around to the front again and that's all one smooth pan).

Last edited by MagnumX; 04-01-2019 at 11:12 AM.
post #284 of 548 Old 04-01-2019, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon_Labe View Post
Guilty as charged.
That’s why the Bass EQ for Filtered Movies thread was developed 😊.

Last edited by sdrucker; 04-01-2019 at 11:26 AM.
post #285 of 548 Old 04-01-2019, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Quoted: 5269 Post(s)
Liked: 4794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland Janus View Post

I want in particular that all subwoofers are handled in regards to, time-alignment, level and EQ.

Some AVP only process the subs as mono.

If vendors just would provide specific information here.
From https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=37887
Quote:
Specs:

Audio Codecs Supported

Dolby ATMOS
Includes support for Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Digital
Up to 16 output channels with flexible speaker assignment.
9.1.6 (add wide channels, and upper front and rear)
7.3.6 (3 subwoofers instead of wide channels)
7.5.4 (5 subwoofers, only 4 upper)
https://www.dirac.com/news/dirac-liv...gement-ces2019

Does the Dirac Live Bass Management Tier 1 satisfy your requirements? Or are you looking for something else. Something like MSO (which you could also use with this processor)?
post #286 of 548 Old 04-01-2019, 11:42 AM

Q&A Interview with Hobie Sechrest {aka @MonolithGuy }, Business Unit Manager of Monoprice - https://www.audioholics.com/av-pream...monolith-htp-1
Quote:
Q: Is the HTP-1 manufactured overseas or in the USA?
A: The HTP-1 is made in the USA with globally sourced parts.

Q: Does the HTP-1 have OSD overlay via HDMI?
A: No, the unit is configured via PC and Tablet like many of the high end processors on the market.

Q: Can you assign LFE to the main channels even if the subwoofer channel is engaged?
A: Yes you can. You can also configure 5 independent subwoofers and run a full 7.5.4 speaker layout or do 3 subs in a 7.3.6 configuration.

Q: What version of DIRAC is included with the HTP-1 and does it come with a calibrated mic?
A: Dirac Live, and at this time no mic is included. We are working with Dirac to be able to have the customer purchase additional modules if they want, like the new Bass Correction they just announced.

Q:  How many bands is the manual PEQ and is it fully adjustable (fs, Q, etc)?
A: Right now, there are 3 bands and fully adjustable. But, based on your suggestion, we are looking to expand it to 5 bands.

Q: What is the max unclipped Voltage output from the balanced outputs?
A: The max unclipped output is 24dBu (12Vrms). 

Q: Is the power supply in the HTP-1  linear or SMPS?
A: Right now it is an SMPS, but we might change it to an LPS. This is still TBD. We think the noise floor with the SMPS is good at over -110db, but if we feel using an LPS we can make the switch before production.

Q: Does the HTP-1 support Auro 3D or will there be a firmware upgrade to support it?
A:  The hardware is already inside to support it so it would just be a firmware update to add it.  Auro 3D will be supported on the HTP-1 as just announced at CES 2019!

Q: Does the HTP-1 allow cross surround upmixing between formats or does it follow the new Dolby protocol to restrict codec upmixing?
A: The HTP-1 will follow the new protocol.
post #287 of 548 Old 04-01-2019, 12:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
According to that AVForums thread the ATP-16 will be nearly 3x the price.
Exactly!

Bryston SP4/ATI AT527/Panasonic DP-UB9000/LG OLED 65E6V
post #288 of 548 Old 04-01-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
According to that AVForums thread the ATP-16 will be nearly 3x the price.
I don't know the reasons why, but consumer electronics retail for much more in Europe than here.

The Lyngdorf MP-50 for example lists for $10K USD and £12k (which is ~$15k USD).

It was also speculation on my part that the ATP-16 & HTP-1 are clones. I'm not feeling so confident. I was told last year that the ATP-16 was a rebadged Datasat LS-10 (I missed CES this year). I asked @MonolithGuy about the HTP-1 being a rebadged Datasat LS-10 and was told no, it is not. So it appears they are indeed different designs. If and how much they are related remains to be seen.

According to this, Monoprice does accept international orders: https://www.monoprice.com/scripts/di...rnational.html
Extreman likes this.
post #289 of 548 Old 04-01-2019, 02:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1860 Post(s)
Liked: 3377
Quote:
I don't know the reasons why, but consumer electronics retail for much more in Europe than here.

The Lyngdorf MP-50 for example lists for $10K USD and £12k (which is ~$15k USD).
I believe there are at least two reasons. They have a VAT, that is higher than our sales tax, but it also generally included in the listed price(I think). So, the American price, while still lower, looks lower than it really is in comparison, because we never include sales tax in the price.
Marc Alexander likes this.
post #290 of 548 Old 04-01-2019, 02:52 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krobar View Post
Do you mind me asking if a rackmount option will be offered for the HTP-1, a few different people have asked on the website and the answer seemed uncertain. Also is Zone 2 support finalised yet? (Will there be Z2 DAC/ADC and/or Z2 multichannel downmix).
As of right now there aren't any plans to offer a rackmount version.

There is a Zone 2 that is a stereo downmix.

Hobie
Monoprice - Monolith
post #291 of 548 Old 04-01-2019, 02:59 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4457 Post(s)
Liked: 2507
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonolithGuy View Post

There is a Zone 2 that is a stereo downmix.

Has any thought gone into a digital interface port and an add-on Atmos (and maybe DTS: X Pro) renderer module unit that would expand the HTP-1's capabilities beyond 9.1.6? What about the full HDMI 2.1 spec in a swappable HDMI board? Something to give the unit some longevity.

Listen up, studios! Dolby Atmos Lite™ print-outs must stop!!
post #292 of 548 Old 04-01-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Run for cover! J/K

(I know @MonolithGuy BTW). As long as you are honest (which you are) this community will treat you well.

This product hits a sweet spot IMO. Emotiva keeps swinging for the fences with a wiffle bat. I have faith the HTP-1 will be a home-run! The HTP-1 should be a shoe-in for the AVS best-of-show award at CEDIA 2019.

Here are my questions:
  1. Any chance you would release the HTP-1 without Dirac Live enabled (like Emotiva has done)?
  2. Will this include Dirac Live Full or just LE [with paid upgrade to full]?

Thanks
This will not launch without some form of Dirac functioning. It will most likely ship with LE and there will need to be a paid upgrade to full, but this is still being finalized.
Marc Alexander likes this.

Hobie
Monoprice - Monolith
post #293 of 548 Old 04-01-2019, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebi View Post
Does anyone know, if there is a possibility in this device to use it as an active crossover for all speakers like you can do it with the Storm Audio, Trinnov and the Big Datasat prepro’s?
This will not be in the initial feature set. The hardware/software can support it, though. It could be a feature we add down the road, depending on the success of the unit. Our focus now is to launch a stable product as possible, and this type of feature would greatly add to the complexity, and could potentially increase the chances of issues.

Hobie
Monoprice - Monolith
post #294 of 548 Old 04-01-2019, 10:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
This will not be in the initial feature set. The hardware/software can support it, though. It could be a feature we add down the road, depending on the success of the unit. Our focus now is to launch a stable product as possible, and this type of feature would greatly add to the complexity, and could potentially increase the chances of issues.
Thank you for providing us these informations! Really looking forward for this product!
post #295 of 548 Old 04-02-2019, 01:33 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Considering the price point and the intended market, this will be a serious oversight in my opinion. This *needs* to be able to be rack mounted. I'm pretty surprised this wasn't one of the main design factors required.
post #296 of 548 Old 04-02-2019, 05:41 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1876 Post(s)
Liked: 2275
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonBenji View Post
Considering the price point and the intended market, this will be a serious oversight in my opinion. This *needs* to be able to be rack mounted. I'm pretty surprised this wasn't one of the main design factors required.
Agreed and it doesn't have to be a different version of the product at all. It just needs to have provisions to attach rack mount ears on the sides. If the component is sized correctly, one would just need to bolt rack mount ears to the sides and you're all set. If the height isn't a multiple of 1RU, then a filler spacer can be added that attaches to the rack ears - this is something Oppo did for their players:

Oppo Rack Mount Kit Instructions
post #297 of 548 Old 04-02-2019, 05:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 244
@MonolithGuy - Thanks for giving us honest answers. This is the only piece of home theater gear that has me wanting to upgrade my HT. I hope for you and me both that it is a success.
post #298 of 548 Old 04-02-2019, 03:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:

Does the Dirac Live Bass Management Tier 1 satisfy your requirements? Or are you looking for something else. Something like MSO (which you could also use with this processor)?
that does actually look right.
Another half year was it right, until we know for sure.
post #299 of 548 Old 04-02-2019, 07:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Quoted: 3687 Post(s)
Liked: 3279
Quote:

It appears that DL Tier 1 is still not a definite feature option, unfortunately. I love MSO, but I want a one box solution.
Roland Janus likes this.
post #300 of 548 Old 04-02-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
It appears that DL Tier 1 is still not a definite feature option, unfortunately. I love MSO, but I want a one box solution.
How many speakers and subs are you planning for respectively?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page