Monoprice HTP-1 announced. (16ch, 9.1.6 Atmos Surround Sound Processor) - Page 71 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1919Likes

post #2101 of 2108 Old 02-28-2020, 09:02 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umrswimr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chhanthony View Post
Hi all,

I am currently using Anthem AVM60 for 5.3.4 system, is it worth to move to HTP-1 if I still planning struck on 5.3.4?

Thank you very much.
Why would you do that? Is there something in the AVM60 you are missing?

Personally I'm holding out hope that Anthem will offer a 13 channel AVM or MRX so I don't have to worry about Emotiva/Monoprice teething issues or compromise with the 8805. I've never heard the 8805, but I've heard too much so-so feedback.
Hi, actually I am quit satisfied Anthem's performance, but just wonder if HTP-1 will make sound quality improvement in my system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chhanthony View Post
Hi all,

I am currently using Anthem AVM60 for 5.3.4 system, is it worth to move to HTP-1 if I still planning struck on 5.3.4?
IMO, there is no compelling reason to leave the AVM60 if you aren't planning to exceed 7.x.4.
Thank you for your valuable advice.

Anthony Chan
AV Blog: http://www.avnewbie.com
Panasonic DP-UB9000EBK, Shield TV Pro 2019, Zidoo Z9S, Anthem AVM60, Krell KAV2250 X 2, Theater Amplifier Standard, M&K S-150 X 5, SS150 X 4, Martin Logan Descent-i and Thiel SS 2, SS2.2 and SI 1 Integrator, LG HU70LA, JK 126" Fixed Screen N4-FL/W1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2102 of 2108 Old 02-28-2020, 11:22 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguyca View Post
Much of Europe has laws regarding energy consumption by electronics. Power consumption during standby is limited to something like 1W to 2W. Based on a Kill A Watt meter the HTP-1 uses 17W to 18W in the quick start standby mode. Likely this will have to change for sale in the EU if these are in fact the rules.
Just make slow start/deep standby default in the software (unless it already is) and the problem is solved.
Emotiva RMC-1 is sold in the EU and it has similar power modes. Hmm, didn't they just switch startup default to fast mode in the 1.8 software. But I'm sure they know what they are doing...
post #2103 of 2108 Old 02-29-2020, 04:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1439 Post(s)
Liked: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrikr View Post
Does anyone know if Monolith plan to add OSD in a future firmware update?
Why would they? They designed it around hardware that doesn't support OSD and instead implemented a good web interface instead.

Tower Cinema - 9.1.6 in a 12'x12' room
Input : Nvidia Shield TV, Panasonic DMP-UB400
Magic : Marantz SR7010, Marantz SR6010, 2x NAD T743
Output : Panasonic TX65EZ952B, SVS PB13 Ultra, Monitor Audio GSLCR 2xGS20 2xGS10 4xGSFX 6xBX1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2104 of 2108 Old 02-29-2020, 10:30 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2127 Post(s)
Liked: 2675
Quote:
The hardware doesn’t support OSD, so they can’t add that with just a firmware update.

Quote:
I know bought Emotiva and Arcam have their issues but they’ve both been around long enough that I’m sure that firmware releases are coming soon to add Dirac for Emotiva and fix the bugs in Arcam.
Emotiva needs to do more than just add Dirac to make their product stable and fully functional. It seems safe to assume it will take them quite a while to get Dirac working well after they initially add it based on how everything else has worked out with the RMC-1 so far.
post #2105 of 2108 Old 02-29-2020, 11:16 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 291 Post(s)
Quoted: 6110 Post(s)
Liked: 5670
Quote:
There are several ways to get the HTTP interface onto your display. If you want OSD overlay you need to go with another option.
post #2106 of 2108 Old 02-29-2020, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Thanks everyone for the feedback about OSD. I didn’t know that it required hardware that wasn’t already in the device.
post #2107 of 2108 Old 03-03-2020, 04:45 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
The hardware doesn’t support OSD, so they can’t add that with just a firmware update.

Emotiva needs to do more than just add Dirac to make their product stable and fully functional. It seems safe to assume it will take them quite a while to get Dirac working well after they initially add it based on how everything else has worked out with the RMC-1 so far.
A bigger fear is if they struggle at every "next step." A similar thing happened with the XMC-1 with the V3 HDMI board. That one update took a whole f'n year to get working right, and still didn't work right for several.

What happens with these new processors if every step is a year long process? Dirac, expansion modules (many possible), and then HDMI future. With their given history the upgrade path VERY uncertain. Anyone saying they have the utmost confidence that it will all go well is under the koolaid trance.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
post #2108 of 2108 Old 03-03-2020, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbur_the_goose View Post
I've had mine for 6 days, and I haven't noticed much (if any) "early adopter blues". This device works better than the one I had been using for the previous 4.5 years.

In fact, it's a little boring - there's very little to complain about. And I love the damn thing!

PS - The Spousal Approval Factor is very high - my wife loves it too.

PPS - I'm running 7.1.0 (for now), and even without "Atmos" speakers, audio tracks with Atmos shine.
Hey Wilbur, Bonzo here. Wow, those are some eye opening statements. You were quite "high" on your previous processor. So good to hear the new guy is working super for you.

Question, can you try something using the analog inputs? I'm very curious to hear reports how the ADC/DAC process in the HTP-1 affects things (or doesn't).

Glad you are having good WAF. Lack of WAF in your previous brand (the new 3 options) would be a big problem in my house. A big factor why I haven't spent my money on any of them.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page