AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Receivers, Amps, and Processors (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/)
-   -   Monoprice HTP-1 announced. (16ch, 9.1.6 Atmos Surround Sound Processor) (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/3040246-monoprice-htp-1-announced-16ch-9-1-6-atmos-surround-sound-processor.html)

midi-guy 01-03-2019 04:55 PM

Monoprice HTP-1 announced. (16ch, 9.1.6 Atmos Surround Sound Processor)
 
New 9.1.6 Atmos capable 16 channel SSP from Monoprice...

Sub $4K pricing - now that's more like it...

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=37887

Q3 2019 ETA


Specs:
Quote:

Specs:

Audio Codecs Supported

Dolby® ATMOS
Includes support for Dolby® TrueHD and Dolby® Digital
Up to 16 output channels with flexible speaker assignment.
9.1.6 (add wide channels, and upper front and rear)
7.3.6 (3 subwoofers instead of wide channels)
7.5.4 (5 subwoofers, only 4 upper)
Dolby Surround Upmix (replaces Dolby® Pro Logic®)
DTS:X™
Includes support for DTS-HD Master Audio™
Up to 12 DTS:X channels (7.1.4)
Bass management can produce 7.5.4
DTS Neural:X Upmix (replaces DTS Neo:X™)
Other Audio Sources
Roon Endpoint
Ships with a Google Chromecast dongle for basic Ethernet Audio like Spotify, etc.
Bluetooth

Audio Enhancements
Dirac Live Room Correction
Bass Management
Up to 5 Subwoofers
4th Order Linkwitz-Riley Crossovers
PEQ
Tone Control
Dynamic Range Control

Video Inputs
HDMI 2.0b with HDCP 2.2 HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision (upgradable to HDMI 2.1 in the future) x7

Video Outputs
HDMI 2.0b with HDCP 2.2 with HDMI eARC
HDMI 2.0b with HDCP 2.2

Audio Inputs
Toslink x3
Coaxial x3
AES/EBU
USB Audio (24bit/192khz)
2 Stereo Pairs RCA

Other Inputs
Trigger in
USB Service Port
Ethernet
Alexa Compatibility (Requires Echo or other Amazon Device)

Audio Outputs
16 Balanced XLR Connectors (primary)
1 Pair Stereo RCA Unbalanced (stereo mixdown)
Other Outputs
Trigger Out x4

Chassis
Size: 17.1”W x 5.7” H x 12” D
Front panel touch screen 4.3 inch diagonal, RGB 480 × 272

midi-guy 01-03-2019 04:58 PM


M Code 01-03-2019 05:13 PM

Yup...
Neat product but expensive.... :eek:
Built by Arcam now owned by Harman/Samsung, same basic chassis tooling as the new Lexicon MC10.
Will be shown @ CES 2019 @ the Venetian Tower, tentative availability May, 2019...

Just my $0.02... ;)

midi-guy 01-03-2019 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M Code (Post 57372096)
Yup...
Neat product but expensive.... :eek:
Built by Arcam now owned by Harman/Samsung, same basic chassis tooling as the new Lexicon MC10.
Will be shown @ CES 2019 @ the Venetian Tower, tentative availability May, 2019...

Just my $0.02... ;)

I know tis in the eye of the beholder...
It's only $4K, lowest price by far to offer 16ch Atmos decoding.

midi-guy 01-03-2019 05:44 PM

Hearing that's it's being built for MP by ATI, but the back panel layout does not look familiar.
Speculating that this could be based on a new reference design, and we'll be seeing similar devices from other vendors soon.

duckymomo 01-03-2019 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M Code (Post 57372096)
Yup...
Neat product but expensive.... :eek:
Built by Arcam now owned by Harman/Samsung, same basic chassis tooling as the new Lexicon MC10.
Will be shown @ CES 2019 @ the Venetian Tower, tentative availability May, 2019...

Just my $0.02... ;)

Not sure there's any similarity to the MC10. Much more likely to be ATI/Datasat.

https://www.audioadvice.com/pub/medi...-mc10_alt1.jpg

point1 01-03-2019 06:03 PM

@Marc Alexander

What's the scoop on this bud? Is this the RMC-1 Killer?

midi-guy 01-03-2019 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by point1 (Post 57372372)
@Marc Alexander

What's the scoop on this bud? Is this the RMC-1 Killer?

Not Marc, but this is more a competitor to the Emotiva RMC-2.

The RMC-1 has more flexibility with it being expandable to up to 28 channels.

The HTP-1 and RMC-2 have similar price points.

point1 01-03-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midi-guy (Post 57372418)
Not Marc, but this is more a competitor to the Emotiva RMC-2.

The RMC-1 has more flexibility with it being expandable to up to 28 channels.

The HTP-1 and RMC-2 have similar price points.

ahh got it.. So the HTP-1 will compete with a product that Emotiva will release 6 years from now :)

midi-guy 01-03-2019 06:20 PM

:eek:No Doubt:D:D

Seriously, the RMC-2 is just the RMC-1 without the expansion capable chassis.
I bet they'll release it on time - especially with advent competition in the form of this unit.

Now, Emotiva releasing a fully debugged and functional unit is a different matter altogether.

goosecat 01-03-2019 09:21 PM

Very happy to see monoprice on the 9.1.6 train with a very nice looking product. Unlike Emo****, I've experienced excellent warranty service with monoprice.

point1 01-03-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goosecat (Post 57373272)
Very happy to see monoprice on the 9.1.6 train with a very nice looking product. Unlike Emo****, I've experienced excellent warranty service with monoprice.

Monoprice has it together. I'm really looking forward to this platform/product taking off..

eightninesuited 01-03-2019 11:07 PM

Looks neat! Was hoping for something more affordable.

madhuski 01-04-2019 04:47 AM

looks like a an ATI/Datasat platform. I wonder if it’ll include the mic and calibration software?

Nalleh 01-04-2019 07:39 AM

Monoprice also has a Monolith line of multichannel amps too, with XLR and the same front panel look, so this could be done all in one swoop ;)

Nice.

Mashie Saldana 01-04-2019 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nalleh (Post 57374694)
Monoprice also has a Monolith line of multichannel amps too, with XLR and the same front panel look, so this could be done all in one swoop ;)

Nice.

Even better if their kit supported 240V, would make it a ton easier to use outside of US.

Nalleh 01-04-2019 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana (Post 57374740)
Even better if their kit supported 240V, would make it a ton easier to use outside of US.

Good point.

duckymomo 01-04-2019 11:51 AM


Mashie Saldana 01-04-2019 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckymomo (Post 57376514)

Nice to see the ATI ATP16 will support 240V.

Let's hope the pricing isn't too far off though.

Nalleh 01-04-2019 12:07 PM

^^^ Hmm, that ATI gadget has Auro 3D too.. even nicer...

Molon_Labe 01-04-2019 02:15 PM

Look at the bright side. We just doubled our chances of getting a functioning 16 channel, Dirac Live balanced receiver for under $5k. Hopefully one of them, Monoprice or Emotiva, will deliver on their promises;)

Stereojeff 01-04-2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M Code (Post 57372096)
Yup...
Neat product but expensive.... :eek:
Built by Arcam now owned by Harman/Samsung, same basic chassis tooling as the new Lexicon MC10.
Will be shown @ CES 2019 @ the Venetian Tower, tentative availability May, 2019...

Just my $0.02... ;)


Probably not coming from Arcam. My guess: built by ATI.


Jeff

Stereojeff 01-04-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana (Post 57376610)
Nice to see the ATI ATP16 will support 240V.

Let's hope the pricing isn't too far off though.


I think ATI showed the ATP16 at CEDIA 2017. From what I can see it was to be based on the Datasat LS-10 https://www.datasatdigital.com/ls10/


I don't know for certain but believe ATI has moved on from that plan.


Jeff

Socio 01-04-2019 05:15 PM

No Auro3d, to bad, that would have been icing on a a pretty feature rich looking cake.

gdfein 01-04-2019 08:07 PM

It sure has ATI build finger print. ATI also makes the monolith amp, so seems clear that the ATI ATP16 turned into this.

Still curious why they never issued an ATI branded processor nor has the Datasat line been updated since their acquisition of that line.

Love my ATI amps btw.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pradeep2 01-05-2019 06:40 AM

So this is using AKM4493, versus the 4490 used in the Emotiva. Hopefully they can launch with HDMI 2.1 support out of the box if its scheduled for a Q3 release.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ccondo1 01-05-2019 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdfein (Post 57379614)
It sure has ATI build finger print. ATI also makes the monolith amp, so seems clear that the ATI ATP16 turned into this.

Still curious why they never issued an ATI branded processor nor has the Datasat line been updated since their acquisition of that line.

Love my ATI amps btw.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also love my ati amp that I’m using for the front 3 channels. But aren’t all ATI amps class D vs Monoprice being AB?

wpbpete 01-05-2019 09:48 AM

Looking forward to this one for sure :) Monoprice features for the win!

Dirac Live Room Correction
Bass Management
Up to 5 Subwoofers
PEQ

Also hoping this motivates D+M and others to jump in

gdfein 01-05-2019 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ccondo1 (Post 57381778)
I also love my ati amp that I’m using for the front 3 channels. But aren’t all ATI amps class D vs Monoprice being AB?



I thought I heard the mono price monolith is based off the ATI 1802/03/04/05/06/07 [email protected] platform without the ATI input stage.

I have the ATI Class D AT543NC and AT528NC as mine are enclosed in a tight rack in a closet and heat was a concern for me.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cschang 01-05-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ccondo1 (Post 57381778)
I also love my ati amp that I’m using for the front 3 channels. But aren’t all ATI amps class D vs Monoprice being AB?

ATI also has class A/B amps.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.